Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 07-23-2017, 12:31 PM   #61
Crazy1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Crazy1
Stats: 198/182/140
WOE: Atkins'92. JUDDD

Only six weeks to Labor Day....Yikes! Time goes by so fast. I don't know what the will show but as long as the trend is downward, I will be happy. I have been tallying my daily weights and dividing by 7 to get my weekly loss (or no loss,). I am often up after an UD and then down after a DD so the weekly average is better for my mind set.

Yes, it's hot here, too. I have been using my toaster oven and the BBQ a lot. I do like salads but have to have cooked foods too! I use broth to keep the hungries away.

Jeanne: Packing and moving and then unpacking.....what a dear friend, you are.

DH is home for lunch. Best whooshes to you all.

Onward and downward!
Crazy1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2017, 04:01 PM   #62
Going2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Going2
Stats: 223/206(166)/150 5'8"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2003
Howdy, gang, am just poking my head in for a quick hi since I don't have any news to share and have had a case of the the blahs the past few days.

Jeanne - You must be getting quite a workout with all the moving, no wonder you awoke ravenous! At least you are pacing yourselves and not trying to do it all as one move, very smart.

Kimmiejean - Sounds like a good plan; thanks for the reminder we still have a chunk of time left to chip away at our summer goals.

Saltnpepper - Morning person here too, but my closing time is 3p, other than getting dinner and its cleanup done. DH is a short-sleeper, only needing 5-6 hours while working full-time! Am so jealous he has a couple more hours to do stuff, even though he basically does his own thing as I have all the household responsibilities while I'm in between jobs, our deal; I need a solid 7.5 hours of restful sleep to be at my best.

Crazy1 - Hope the scale will be smiling for you! I can't remember the last time I used our full-size oven either! You are right, small appliances help to keep some hot food on our plates without a lot of added room heat.

We went to a Chinese banquet Saturday for a family celebration--counted at least 10 courses! The good news is I stuck to about 3 bites each and skipped dinner other than a glass of LC chocolate milk. The bad news is I just polished off a loaf of cheese bread from going to the grocery store hungry--I know, I knooooowwww better! Had a bowl of plain spinach and broccoli for lunch so dinner is going to be some LC creamy Greek egg-lemon soup I made, except no rice or chicken in it.
Going2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 09:34 AM   #63
Crazy1
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning Friends,

Going2: 10 courses and only 3 bites each; you did well! You are Ok, so you messed up the cheese bread, lesson learned. (I love cheese bread, too) Remember, progress, not perfection.

Had a bad weekend. My dad gave away a trinket that my mother promised me so I was really upset. Sad and depressed, almost like when my mom died. Ended up with a migraine and felt awful. Had it out with my dad yesterday and I feel a bit better but I still have my headache. Nothing will bring back my mother and I will never see the trinket again. Have to accept those facts. And to accept that my father is old, sad and lonely .....and will do as he pleases. Ah, the joys of family!

With that in mind, we are leaving tomorrow for our family wedding. Only planning 10 hours tomorrow but we won't be able to get away until noon. DH won't let me drive on the highway ( ok, I don't like to and have practically never have) so it will be a long day. I wanted to book a room after an 8 hour drive but DH wasn't for it. Hotels are $100 more expensive where I booked but that's what he wanted. It does leave us with only 8 hours for the next day but still.....long trip. We are actually going to visit friends before the wedding so I am looking forward to seeing them. The wedding.....well, that is going to be stressful but I will be on my best behavior.

So I will be MIA for a little while. Not bringing a scale so will do my best to eat mindfully for the next week.

Best whooshes to you all.

Onward and downward!
Old 07-25-2017, 09:48 AM   #64
kimmiejean
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kimmiejean
Stats: 234/221/175
Start Date: Married 37 Years

7/22- 230
7/25- 226

Good Morning! Happy to report the scale is being kind. . . I love doing what I'm doing because I'm seeing results. The shake and supplements are knock offs of Herbalife. They keep me full and the vitamins give me energy.

The shake has 90 calories but I mix it with Chocolate Almond Milk and it takes it up to 190. I had that this morning and it was wonderful.

For lunch I have a piece of fish and some green beans. Dinner???? not sure yet. I am feeling better now being on plan for a few days.
Old 07-27-2017, 08:31 AM   #65
kimmiejean
Senior LCF Member

7/22- 230
7/25- 226
7/27 - 225

Checking in. Hope everyone is staying nice and cool. Incredibly hot here.
Old 07-27-2017, 09:25 PM   #66
betsielou
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betsielou
Stats: 170/134/130
WOE: low carb, no particular diet
Start Date: 09/02/2016
Hi friends. We are mighty quiet these days. Each day is a blur for me and I still have at least 3 more months until things slow down. Weight is good, staying right around 130, actually got to 128 one day but only one day, lol. Hope to keep tracking well until Labor Day. I will feel certain at that point that I can keep things under control.

I know everyone is very busy but wanted to check in. Think about all of you often, and can't wait until Fall when everyone slows down again and we get all chatty again.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Old 07-29-2017, 04:25 AM   #67
Going2
Senior LCF Member

Crazy1 - Sorry to hear about losing that memento of your mom. {{Hugs}} A happy event will be a nice boost, but that drive to it ... ugh.

Kimmiejean - Nice numbers there--5 lbs in 5 days!!!

Betsielou - Terrific job holding steady! Hope you are selling well!

Same ol' here, up and down. Cooked a nice LC dinner for us last night using my Instant Pot pressure cooker: Pork with Mushroom "Gravy" and Keto Chocolate Walnut Cake. The cake was awesome! Pork was a bit overdone, could tell it would be by the cook time that added some additional oven time, but know better for the next go--amazing gravy technique! Had a side of baked zucchini drizzled with olive oil. Then we watched a movie and had popcorn, defeating the LC meal, oopsie.

Had a heavy downpour last night, a good, cleansing rain. Feeling like my soul could use some too, still working through some grief remnants. It's like my weight is reflecting a "psychic heaviness" I can't seem to shake. Or don't want to, maybe a protective mechanism. Alrighty, am sounding a bit spacey there!

Weather's still crazy here. We are only supposed to be balmy today and only reach room temperature after baking in heat the past couple of weeks! It's good, my poor air conditioner needs a rest, hahaha!
Old 07-31-2017, 04:38 AM   #68
Going2
Senior LCF Member

Awoke feeling totally motivated--yay! Last weigh-in was July 20 and it's the same today, so that's sorta good news, not gaining. DH's retirement party is looming in 5 weeks and he wants me there, so that's incentive too. August is also my deadline to start looking for work, so add that to my list of reasons why I need to be healthier--August starts tomorrow! That also means the Labor Day holiday weekend's in 5 weeks and it would be nice to be feeling some "body confidence" when we see old friends.

My plan is similar to Kimmiejean's--shakes and VLC, combined with mindful eating; goal is 10 lbs. If I knuckle down--and I don't have history of holding tight to that--I should hit Onederland too.

Like Crazy1 always says, onward and downward!
Old 07-31-2017, 11:56 AM   #69
jbatchelor
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/183/148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
hello girls--I know everyone is super busy including me! Canned salsa this morning--did green beans Saturday. Corn was before that along with some banana peppers--it takes a long time for salsa--I like it cooked down so lots of stirring and hours simmering...

Crazy--so sorry about the mementos from your mom--I have experienced the same thing--my mom has given my sils lots of things I was expecting--it doesn't seem to matter what things I wanted???? It takes awhile to get over the hurt but nothing can be done--she even gave the ring she bought when with me and promised it to me--didn't happen--I think after awhile you become immune to the hurt???? hugs my friend!! have fun on your trip away--anytime away together is a plus!!

going2-thanks for linking your recipes--sounds really good!

crazy and going2--hugs for those hurting feelings--wish I could make it better

Betsie--hang in there--fall will come and you can hopefully get some rest!

hello to everyone-tomorrow I start the prep for a colonoscopy--and I have to go to the funeral home at 4 for a friend who died unexpectedly...sure hope I can get in there and out without incident!

Jeanne

“It’s in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped.” ~Anthony Robbins
jbatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 02:58 AM   #70
Going2
Senior LCF Member

Jeanne - Good luck with the colo, prep's the worst part, right? Sorry to hear you were slighted on promises for your mom's stuff, kind of doesn't make sense she gave it to others, which makes it sting a bit more. And sorry about your friend--a sudden death is such a shock. {{hugs}}

Yesterday's "motivation" is still holding--phew! I did catch myself doing some mindless eating of leftover meatloaf at dinner and stopped, a small victory. There were a couple of times I felt like snacking earlier in the day, like I needed solid food (did bkfst and lunch shakes), but was able to "fight" through it and, man, it is a fight.

Got the mowing done as some exercise and did some trimming and touch-up work. My middle-age body is sure complaining about it this morning, even though it wasn't a crazy amount of work. Today it's sweep and rake the remnants, do some other outside stuff while our humidity is tolerable (!). Still holding the "purge urge" for organizing household stuff and getting rid of things we don't use anymore--love feeling a bit lighter with each pass!

Happy August, everyone, can't believe we are halfway through summer!
Old 08-01-2017, 11:15 AM   #71
jbatchelor
Major LCF Poster!

going2--you are on a roll girl--yippee for mindful eating--I wish it was in my vocabulary!!! yes the colon prep is the worst part...wishing it was over!

nothing much to report here...

I will return later after the test tomorrow.

any plans for the weekend?

Jeanne

“It’s in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped.” ~Anthony Robbins
Old 08-03-2017, 11:29 AM   #72
Crazy1
Senior LCF Member

Hello Friends,

I am back.......6 pounds heavier than when I left but that's the way it goes. The lesson is that if I don't track what I eat, I gain.... so it's important that I continue to track. Such a little thing but oh, so important.

Enjoyed my visit with friends in my hometown. Went to my favourite drive in eatery and then to a park for a picnic. Definitely not low carb but enjoyed every bite! Also did a visit to the cemetery and past our old homes. Good memories.

Saw my father and he actually apologized so all is well. The wedding was nice. My brother changed the seating arrangement so my DIL sat next to my father's friend. DH brought them drinks and dessert; DIL brought them coffee. I wasn't as attentive as I would have been if my father had been on his own but I also wasn't mean. Glad that it is over.

Spent a couple of days with DD before coming home. She is trying to get organized and clear all her clutter. Big job! Actually, overwhelming. What's with this "purge urge" DH brought 5 bags of clothes home with him to take to a consignment shop and DD and I had 6 bags of trash. And even though we purged a fair bit, there is still so much more! Way too much stuff for 500 square feet. DD is so discouraged. She turned down a job offer because the pay was 20k less than her last job. Actually, found out that it was her 4th job offer but she refuses to settle. Ah, the joys of being a parent.

Going back on rotations today and will start with an UD....it's DH's birthday so we are going out for fish and chips.....the meal is free on your birthday so that's where he wants to go Then I will aim for a low DD tomorrow.

Hope your test went well Jeanne. Not a fun test by any means but necessary at times. Sorry to hear about your friend. Death is hard but I think those sudden deaths are even harder to process.

I have been attending a grief support group and received a voice mail message that we lost one of our members last week. So sad. More grief to process.

KUTGW Going2. Onederland is in your future.

kimmiejean: Like your plan; keep it simple and follow through. You are

bestielou: Maintenance is hard but you seem to be doing well. Good job!

Shout out to Michelle, Monica, Kal, Tammy, Jan and anyone I've missed. You are in our thoughts. Post whenever you can. We miss you!

Let's all be Losers!

Onward and downward!
Old 08-03-2017, 01:43 PM   #73
jbatchelor
Major LCF Poster!

hello girls--I survived the colonoscopy--I didn't get a chance to talk to the doctor but DH did and getting information from him is like pulling teeth! apparently I had 3 polyps and they have been sent for testing--so I believe everything was ok--I am really bad putting my health first--it seems I am always dealing with somebody's health and make no time for mine--I hope to change some of that.

Crazy--welcome home--seems it was a pretty good visit over all???? happy b-day to your DH--enjoy your dinner out...I am still trying to get onboard and stay there--I keep trying--don't worry about the 6 lbs--life happens and we have to live it too! hang in there!

so sorry about losing one of your grief members-that seems like a double whammy!

very quiet here lately--I do wish some of our old people would rejoin us--I understand how hard it is to commit not only to woe but also to checking in here...I need accountability or I am lost

cya later

Jeanne

Old 08-04-2017, 04:38 AM   #74
Going2
Senior LCF Member

Crazy1 - Nice to see you! Good job making it through the wedding, and getting an apology from your dad--sure to feel good to get past those. Sorry to hear about your grief group loss, so sad. And yah, it's amazing how much stuff we tend to collect, but nice to lighten the load whenever the opportunity presents itself! Those 6 lbs. will be gone in no time now that you are back in your routine.

Jeanne - Prayers your test results are benign. Can tell you are a giving person by putting others ahead of yourself; don't feel selfish focusing on your own health to be strong for others. {{Hugs}} So what was your post-colo reward meal?

My eating's all over the place this week, a bumpy road trying to figure out a rhythm. Was doing OK until Wed. night, which was kaka, had a great day yesterday--see menu--and am up 2 lbs. today--waaahhhh! I also used DH's diabetes meter to check my morning blood glucose a couple times this week and it was 126 and 120! I am this.close to diabetic--hello, wake-up call! So far I don't have symptoms like thirst and peeing, or weight loss (who'd think that was a bad thing), but those numbers indicate insulin resistance, a precursor to T2 diabetes. Crazy thing is I know what needs to be done, but somehow it just doesn't stick, even with with a serious health issue looming, what is up with that! Denial? Reluctance to get out of the comfort zone of whatever I've been doing? Sigh. Such a head game!

THURSDAY MENU
B - coffee w 1/2-1/2, protein shake, my own recipe leftover LC spanakopita bake (sorta like this recipe, no flour)
L - Spanakopita bake
S - 2 turkey sausage links
D - Dinner out: grapefruit juice, chef salad w/out dressing--only ate 1/3 of it
Dessert - 3 SF gummi bears

After dinner, we came home and DH did a "state of the union" presentation about our finances and future once he retires in just 4 weeks (!). He used his laptop to connect to a big TV screen and displayed pie graphs and all kinds of details about our accounts and projected income/expenses using Quicken accounting software--very cool! The good news is we'll be OK, thanks to a modest lifestyle and barring any "financial drama." We decided to stay put until we can't "do the stairs" in our tiny duplex anymore since we live close to everything and the house will be paid for this year. I still need to get a job to cover incidentals and keep me busy and active--have gained 30 lbs. since I left work Feb 2016!

Anyhow, we have a "quiet" weekend ahead, no commitments since friends are on vacay and stuff, which is an opportunity to stay focused on being healthy. Weather's supposed to be nice too, a great reason to get some outside activity!

What are you all up to?
Old 08-06-2017, 03:10 PM   #75
Going2
Senior LCF Member

Popping in to say it's been a fairly good weekend so far, nothing crazy with eating, so that's good. Had wonton soup Friday night, grilled pork chops and 50:50 potato-fauxtato salad last night, and have meatballs and Dreamfields pasta in LC tomato sauce, side salads, for tonight. Stopped several times during meals to realize I was full already, some good mindful eating moments.

After some rain tomorrow,our temperatures should be in the low 80s this week, making opportunities for outdoor activities (exercise).

Looks like this thread may be on life support now, so it might be time to take a hiatus until fall, when folks get back to some routine after summer break.

Hope you all are having a good summer!
Old 08-07-2017, 12:19 PM   #76
Crazy1
Senior LCF Member

Hello Friends

Going2: Good job on the mindful eating....all those little moments add up.

My weight has been coming down now that I am back on rotations. I went back to Dr. Johnson's site and read that one is not to over eat and that it was OK to eat less then your UD calories if not hungry. How did I miss that? I was stuffing myself with junk food in order to reach my UD numbers but wasn't experiencing great weight loss. Junk food obviously does not lend itself to weight loss and nor is eating when not hungry!

Going to eat much more mindfully myself. Eat when hungry and stop! Healthy foods, not junk, along with proper rotations and I should see some results. I would just like to see consistent weight loss......a pound a week would be nice.....but consistently.

I have been reading "The Thin Commandments" by Dr. Stephen Gullo. I don't agree with every thing he says, but he makes some good points.....It's not just calories of the foods that count but also ones history with that particular food. Call them trigger foods, red light foods, whatever, there are definitely foods that either trigger one to binge and finish them all or cause one to increase the quantity and/or frequency of eating that food.

Crackers would be the ones for me! I can't eat just one! I HAVE to finish the entire box; sometimes at one sitting, sometimes over two days; but they call my name and I MUST have them! The best thing for me is not to buy them or have them in the house. I have a history of abusing them so it's best that I not have any!

He also says that it's not just weight loss that is important but weight control. And that is so true. I am obese; someday I hope to be overweight and maybe, just maybe I can get to "normal' weight but my body will never be "normal". It will try to get back up to what it thinks is normal so I will always have to be mindful with my weight control.

Oh, Dr. Gullo also mentioned cinnamon. Put it in coffee or tea. I can't remember exactly all it does but it is supposed to help if you are craving something sweet. Forget the cinnamon bun; have coffee with cinnamon instead.

No rain for us. It's been hot and smoky. Extremely smoky! Haven't been able to open the windows because of the horrid smell. Good thing that I have a small air conditioner. It's been running non-stop! I am thankful for all the fire fighters and feel sorry for those who have lost their homes and businesses in the fires.

Not sure what I will make for dinner. We have been eating a lot of salads because it's been so hot but it is an UD so I should probably cook something. Better go check my freezer.

The thread may need life support but we can still continue. Encouragement from friends goes a long way so post whenever you can.

Best whooshes to you all!

Onward and downward!
Old 08-07-2017, 06:55 PM   #77
jbatchelor
Major LCF Poster!

hello girls--busy busy weekend--had my granddaughters 4th birthday party here--a fun time--she is really a sweetheart...will post a pic if I remember how--not tonight though-I am pooped...

I really don't think we are on life support yet??? I realize it is a very busy time for everyone and popping in when we can works for me--and it is almost fall the way it has felt here the last couple of days....wish the cool weather was here to stay...

Crazy-thanks for sharing what you are reading--I learn so much from different plans--I wish I could conquer mindful eating--it just isn't happening here--I am trying to get a few good days under my belt but it simply hasn't happened-

hello to going2 and Betsie and anybody else who cares to come back in

long day tomorrow--dr visit with mom and then shopping at Walmart ...

hope everyone has a great week

Jeanne

Old 08-08-2017, 04:36 AM   #78
Going2
Senior LCF Member

Nice to see you, Crazy1 and Jeanne!

Didn't mean to sound harsh with the"life support" comment, it was more tongue-in-cheek but you can't tell the tone in writing sometimes.

Crazy1 - Interesting on how you found you don't need to eat all your calories on UDs. Gosh, can't recall when last time I had a "real" cracker, but you can bet I wouldn't stop at one if it was a Ritz cracker! That author makes a great point about our "relationships" with food, true dat! Cinnamon's supposed to be good for diabetics too. Tried doing capsules for DH but didn't notice a difference, maybe not a big enough dose or a YMMV thing.

Jeanne - So sweet you enjoying your GD--4 is a great age! Hope you get through today okay, maybe give yourself a little reward later, heh heh.

A good, mindful eating day yesterday, maybe overdid it a little with leftover Dreamfield's spaghetti. The good thing about that type is if I overeat it at one setting, I will pay for it dearly later with GI upset! Still seeing a pattern of having 2-3p munchies, but then can skip dinner. My folks used to say lunch was their main meal and dinner was more like grazing, a pattern they had in their retirement, and maybe I'm starting to feel it now as our own retirement looms at the end of the month.
Old 08-08-2017, 03:43 PM   #79
saltnpepper
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: saltnpepper
WOE: veggies/lower carb
Start Date: long ago restart 06/11
Hi girls hope everyone is doing well.

Jeanne glad the procedure is over. Did you talk to your dr?

Interesting read Crazy. There are so many ideals out there. I'm so confused about what is the right thing to eat. My life story. Always hard to make my mind up and stay with any program.

Crazy sorry your dad gave away your things of your mom. I could talk about this for awhile but I won't. It's just sad.

G2 I love eating a full lunch and grazing for supper. I don't sleep as well if I eat to much.

Hi to everyone else.

Later girls,
Anna
Old 08-08-2017, 04:31 PM   #80
Crazy1
Senior LCF Member

Hello Friends,

Not harsh at all, Going2; people get busy in the summer, spend time outdoors, camping, hiking, etc. but support is essential whether on line or at say WW meetings; we all slip up and it's nice to have a safe place to vent or commiserate. I appreciate all my cyber friends.

Ah, crackers! Ritz don't bother me but Club Crackers and Triscuits......and my favourite - Chicken In a Biskit! The Chicken in a Biskit are not available in Canada so I can only indulge when in the US or if I bring some back with me. I still have a box in my cupboard but I am saving them. The box is unopened and I am hoping to keep it that way for awhile. Perhaps a reward if I lose 10 pounds.

Lots of people experience the munchies in the afternoon.....low blood sugar???? And yes, if you have had a snack, you probably won't be hungry at dinner time. But timing is irrelevant....just eat when you are hungry. Do what feels right for you! Folks following IF, JUDDD, modified fasting, and other plans try to push through by having a hot or cold beverage but we all have to find out what works for our own bodies.

My in laws never have big meals at home (MIL doesn't cook) so they always graze. My FIL is diabetic and does need to eat regularly so it works for them. I do worry about proper nutrition but they do go out to restaurants one or twice a week for what my FIL calls "a good meal".

Maybe meal times do change with retirement. I am retired, but DH is still working and I don't see him ever retiring. He does come home for lunch most days and is always home for dinner but he is happy with whatever I make..... sandwich, big salad, omelet,pasta, or a full course meal. He doesn't do low carb as such but I do limit the amount of potatoes, rice, pasta that I serve. And on DD's, well, his meal is low calorie too! Good thing he happens to like Crackslaw, omelets, and salads.

Still hot and smoky here. Hoping it will rain soon.

Onward and downward!
Old 08-08-2017, 04:52 PM   #81
Crazy1
Senior LCF Member

Nice to hear from you, Anna I don't think it matters what plan you follow but you should stick with it for 8-12 weeks and then evaluate whether to stay on it or try something else. Lots of plans on the internet or to read about. You just have to find the one that works for you!

Onward and downward!
Old 08-09-2017, 04:42 AM   #82
betsielou
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betsielou
Stats: 170/134/130
WOE: low carb, no particular diet
Start Date: 09/02/2016
Hi ladies, checking in now that I have a minute. I miss getting on here more often I get so far behind. I actually sat down and wrote a long update the other night and then my internet went out and lost it all . Anyway, weight holding steady so far but right now is easy because being busy keeps me out of the kitchen, it will be this winter that will be the real challenge.

Crazy- I like crackers too, but my DS is like you he would eat a whole box. I have to keep an eye on them so that there are some available if I need them for a recipe or something, lol. I don't use them a lot but some things just require crackers. Enjoyed reading what you have been posting from your own reading. I tend to get afternoon munchies and I will drink a cup of coffee to help, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Congrats on the weight coming down.

Going2- good job on the mindful eating. I have often wanted to try having our "big" meal earlier then a light supper, but that never seems to work for us.

Jeanne- sounds like a fun time w/DGD, look forward to seeing pictures if you are able to post them. Hope Dr visit went well, and shopping.

Everyone enjoying these cool temps? I teaser for Fall and I am ready for it.

Hi Anna good to see you checking in, we seem to have lost quite a few. Personally I am worried about Jan it just seems strange that she dropped off w/out ever checking back in w/us. I don't like it when people disappear makes me worry.

Happy hump day, have a great rest of the week everyone.
Old 08-10-2017, 11:15 AM   #83
Crazy1
Senior LCF Member

I am still here.....not losing any weight, but still here. Yes, I do miss my cyber friends and wonder how they are doing.

I know people get busy and no longer check but there's also the weight component....you know, you fall off the wagon and it's to come back.

We are all human and we all slip up. And those darn pounds that come off oh so slowly.....well, they sure find their way back lickety split!

I over did my UD yesterday; no real reason but far too many calories and carbs! And I am paying for it! Up 2 pounds! Why do I do these things?

DD is supposed to be coming today. Not sure what time or if she's staying with us. Ah, millennials!

No cool temps for us.....It's hot and dry and doesn't even cool off at night. Calling for rain on Sunday. It certainly would help! I usually enjoy walking during the summer months but have found it to be far too hot. No energy for walking. Ah, such is life.

Wishing you all a fabulous day.

Onward and downward!
Old 08-11-2017, 05:21 AM   #84
Going2
Senior LCF Member

TGIF everyone!

Saltnpepper - Nice to see you! It's interesting how some plans work for people but YMMV--you've seen me trying all kinds of eating regimens to see what sticks, haven't found one yet! My biggest "eating" issue is not keeping busy every day.

Crazy1 - Think our bodies must switch to a summertime metabolism or something, heh heh. It's nice to have others in a similar situation sharing their stories and struggles, helps to know we aren't alone with ours, can get some useful advice along the way too. Hope you enjoy DD's visit!

Betsielou - Oh man, sorry you lost all that writing--a bummer! I don't know Jan very well. If you do, maybe PM her? Hope she's OK and just occupied with other stuff.

Has been a busy week, but a good one. Ate diner food for breakfast yesterday when meeting with another association volunteer to discuss some stuff, and had a greasy omelette with a side of grits. Yup, mindlessly ate the whole thing due to nervousness and noticed she stopped halfway thru hers and then took it to go--a trick I should use.

I had a hot cup-a-soup around lunchtime yesterday and agree with Betsielou that a hot beverage can be helpful to curb munchies. We have a dreary summer weekend on tap, but no plans other our usual Sat. grilling night and Sunday meet-ups.

We usually don't play a lottery unless it gets really big, like maybe 3-4 times a year, and only buy a couple tickets, but I just picked up one of each for MegaMillions ($393M) and PowerBall ($356M)--wish us luck! We'd be fine winning just a couple million, we're not greedy--ha! And Crazy1, think you can play them too, not restricted to U.S. citizens <wink!>. Drawings are tonight and tomorrow night, so if you all don't hear from me again ...
Old 08-11-2017, 08:18 AM   #85
kimmiejean
Senior LCF Member

Yep, I'm struggling.....Going to the grocery store today. I'm getting everything I need for '72 Atkins.....Going for the Induction phase for a while. I need to clean out my system and get my rear in gear....

I'm discouraged because I've wasted so much of my time worrying about the weight. It's stressing me out
Old 08-11-2017, 11:44 AM   #86
jbatchelor
Major LCF Poster!

hello girls

I have been out mowing--it wasn't too high but tomorrow I am planning on having the DH help me in the yard and trimming bushes--it's a difficult job but sure easier with two...

Kimmiejean--we all struggle-that is why we are here--never give up!!

Crazy--hope you have a good visit with the DD? any job prospects?

going2--hope you win the lottery--just a couple of mil would be good!!!

the DH wanted to go to amish buffet last nite and I wasn't willing-so I know I can't keep him from going everytime but it is one of the main factors in my weight struggles--that and eating after he goes to bed!!! reasoning just doesn't enter the picture--that is why I can't get to mindful eating--never was mindful!!

well we planned on moving my friend this weekend--but again things just don't go as planned--she is still dealing with the owner or the bank--nobody seems to know who really owns the house--it could be either /or and she still has not closed on it even though painting was done and carpets are getting cleaned today--she has to be out of her current house on the 21st....looming closer and closer-makes me nervous!!!

time to get busy--hope everyone has a great weekend!!

Jeanne

Old 08-11-2017, 11:54 AM   #87
Crazy1
Senior LCF Member

Ah, kimmiejean. Hang in there. You can do this! We all can! That's why we are here....to encourage and support. We all slip up and get discouraged but we just have to get back on track. Weight loss is like climbing a hill; we slip, we fall and we get back up and keep climbing!

My DD's have been up this week; my UD's have been up this, so of course my weight is up. But it is a new day....it's one day at a time. We can do it together!

Best whooshes to you all!

Onward and downward!
Old 08-12-2017, 05:18 AM   #88
Going2
Senior LCF Member

Crazy1 -

I'm back even though we won Megamillions last night--all $2, yup, no zeroes there, hahaha! DH is going to cash it in for another Powerball ticket for tonight's drawing. The MM pot was almost $400 million--what do you do with such an obscene amount of money! I mean, after $10 million or so, aren't all your needs and desires met? Even if you share some with family, it seems like there'd still be so much left!

We're here because we all struggle in some form of another and have reached out to others who understand, commiserate, and share what successes they achieve. We "virtually" hold each other up in praise for trying to be healthier--I love it!

So here are some {{hugs}} to share with everyone today, you all rock!
Old 08-12-2017, 01:17 PM   #89
kimmiejean
Senior LCF Member

Aww Thanks Gals for the encouragement! I have everything I need to get a good start. I feel like I spent tons, but now when I open the fridge there's on plan food....
Today's food
2 one carb hot dogs and a salad
Hamburger Patty with homemade chili

Thinking of making up a batch of taco soup for the week.

Crazy1----- 2 whole dollars~~```

Last edited by kimmiejean; 08-12-2017 at 01:23 PM..
kimmiejean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 01:36 PM   #90
Going2
Senior LCF Member

Kimmiejean - Planning is a good part of the battle, sounds like you are off to a great start with a ready pantry! Ooh, taco soup sounds yummy--this one by a LCF admin is a fav here, and so filling!

Tonight's grilling nite is hamburgers and maybe some 'dogs, now that Kimmiejean, mentioned them. Which brands are your favs? We only have them occasionally, but I like the "junky" Oscar Mayer plain or turkey weiners at around 1 carb each.

Off to a great eating day here but it's a "social" night and that means alcohol and a lessened resistance to carby stuff. At least I've "banked carbs" to compensate so far today--it's all about planning!