Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 08-21-2017, 06:31 PM   #61
SummerBreeze63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SummerBreeze63
Stats: 202/197/146
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 29, 2009
Cheryl- I watched the eclipse. It was pretty cool even though we were only in the 90 percent eclipse area. The color of the atmosphere was kind of eerie. Reminded me a little of the green you can get before a storm. We are headed to OKC this weekend too... for our Jehovahs Witness convention. We will be there 3 days, hopefully the weather cooperates. Sorry to hear about Mom getting weaker.... hugs to both of you.

Deb- you sure have a lot of options on the job front! That is nice, I am sure you will get one that you will enjoy.

My Dad's heart cath showed his arteries are good for the valve procedure. Now a couple more tests and then schedule the replacement.
SummerBreeze63 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2017, 03:39 PM   #62
CJMO
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: CJMO
WOE: My way mixing it low carb
V so glad your Dads tests are coming out good for his surgery

Our temps dropped 6 degrees during the eclipse. Not near as dark as the ones I watched on tv. We were 93% eclipse here.

Tylenol routinely seems to be working for me keeps it at bay and that's all I ask. Sticking to 1 day a week exercise for now.

We had over 2.5 " rain last night. KC north of us got 9" Glad it stayed north.
Old 08-24-2017, 07:41 PM   #63
CJMO
Major LCF Poster!

Old 08-25-2017, 08:36 AM   #64
Rbenz
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Rbenz
WOE: Trying to resist anything white.
Hi Guys! Just a fly by. I've been very busy! Haven't even been to Yoga in 2 weeks! Going to try it out today. BBL to catch up.
Old 08-25-2017, 06:54 PM   #65
CJMO
Major LCF Poster!

Good to hear from you Pat. All moved?

At the LH. My nephew and his family are on the way , fleeing from Hurricane Harvey.
Old 08-27-2017, 08:43 AM   #66
Rbenz
Major LCF Poster!

CJ~Yes, moved out of the Old house & into the New. Still have boxes to unpack though. Yeah, been texting w/Sis during Hurricane Harvey who lives outside of Houston. Lots of torrential rain & tornadoes spotted around her area! They are expecting lots more bands of rain/flooding through Wed.. How's DH? My DH is on a blood thinner & he Hates it. Every little bump causes bruising & Bleeding! Seen your Mom lately? Sorry she is feeling weaker.

Deb~Congrats on buying your new boat! What size is your new boat? Which job did you choose? Are you going to start Debbie Dog Walking?

Karen~Picking any peaches/apples yet?

V~Hope your convention went well! Hope your Dad's up coming Valve surgery goes well & he gets to enjoy that 60 cruise! Sounds exhausting being Band Mom!

Have a really Sore rt. big toe from Pedi chick who cut my toe last Tues. Been giving it TLC...but, it's still sore. Grrrr! Off to Yoga w/taped up toe!
Old 08-28-2017, 08:39 AM   #67
Rbenz
Major LCF Poster!

Morning! Chirp...chirp...Tumbleweeds blowing by here. I've been watching the news on the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey. What a catastrope over there! It's looking like another Katrina over there! Those poor people! Sis said, she got 15" of rain night before last...but, she said her yard drained fast & that's GOOD!
Toe still sore...I've been soaking it in hot water w/Betadine. We celebrated moving into our new home yesterday w/Champagne, shrimp cocktails & French bread. Off to yoga w/bandaid/taped up toe.
Old 08-28-2017, 05:23 PM   #68
iakaren
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/195/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11;Struggling now
Start Date: October 28, 2006
All yellow peaches picked.
4 days at a horse show.........lots of excercise.
.. ......177.0...174.0....174.0...183.0...184.0...183 .5...185.5....192.0....197.....198.5....197.5
iakaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 10:12 AM   #69
CJMO
Major LCF Poster!

Taking the day off. It is nice mild weather. I have poison ivy from working in the yard. not too bad. Isn't Texas terrible? I'm glad our family members got out early and came up here. We are also watching the East coast. We are supposed to vacation in the Hatteras area the last part of Sept.

Pat how are you liking the new place? Owee on the toe. That's a great move in celebration

Karen 4 horse shows
Old 08-29-2017, 02:05 PM   #70
Debbieleigh
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Debbieleigh
Prayers for TX

Busy busy here..
this morning I clocked a 5k on the rat wheel..30 minutes so I haven't slowed down..have been going to rx..on my days off.
Had a nice hair cut appointment with my Ben this morning after 7 months..he was pritty impressed that i didnt see anyone the whole time we were gone.

I am trained on the new job and have my first 8 hour shift tomorrow
9-5..yikes I haven't worked set shifts for years..lunch is ready to go..yogurt and fresh strawberries and cottage cheese and maters..I will eat a banana on my drive..2 minutes away.

So tomorrow I get home 2 hours after Al BUT i picked up prawns and a raw veg plate and hummus and a guy at his work gave him some smoked salmon so we can just have a kick back on the sail boat night and snack.If i dont plan ahead i know for a fact he will just smooze me into going out every day i work.

Friday we drive up to Maple bay and gas and water the new boat for the trip back into Oak bay..we are #1 on the wait list for a 36 ft slot here..may have to anchor the 36 and row into the bay to the 27 for a bit..it is ok !

As Cheryl knows we went out in our dingy and took the big honking motor last weekend ... had to pay some young kids beer for a tow so the big motor is in the shop being over hauled.

Cruise Oct 8th..wow time goes so fast..cruise lady has us staying in Vancouver Oct 7th..the hotel will keep our car and shuttle us into Cruise center at the Bay Shore inn the day we leave and then pick us up and take us to the car on our way back.So looking forward to running the deck..great food and entertainment and I can't wait for Al to just sit back and relax see'ing he has never been on a real holiday.We have the deck and the booze package

Life is good here..starting a journal too..anyone journal?
Not sure where to start but Cheryl gave me some positive idea's and I think I will start thursday afternoon when I have time alone.

Going to grill up some pork chops with corn and rice tonight..think i will make a mushroom sauce to go over.

Hope everyone is good

Misty
TX xx

Cheryl I am glad your family is with you xx
Debbieleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 08:50 AM   #71
SummerBreeze63
Senior LCF Member

Looks like everyone is staying busy as summer winds down.

Deb- Cruising in October will be so much fun
We booked our next cruise for August 2018.... dd #3 will be getting married on the ship and a lot of our family are cruising as well.

Pat- Getting unpacked after a move just takes awhile. I like to take my time and put everything in its place slowly. Otherwise I end up having to move it around anyway.

Cheryl- Yuck on the poison ivy. I found out a few years ago that I am one of those people that have a pretty severe reaction to it. Our weather has been pretty nice lately. Not so hot, but warm enough to keep using the pool. I feel bad for people in Texas right now.... many have lost their homes.

Karen- Yum on the peaches. My boss bought some fresh from orchard yesterday and they were so good.

I have to get back to my gd now, she is walking, climbing and into everything right now so I have to keep up with her...lol.
Old 08-31-2017, 05:42 AM   #72
SummerBreeze63
Senior LCF Member

I'm already starting to think of fall and winter soups, saw this low carb friendly recipe and am putting it on my list of new ones to try. Of course I would have to add some additional veggies to this.

Old 08-31-2017, 12:00 PM   #73
Debbieleigh
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerBreeze63 View Post
I'm already starting to think of fall and winter soups, saw this low carb friendly recipe and am putting it on my list of new ones to try. Of course I would have to add some additional veggies to this.

Yum..i will make this for sure
Old 08-31-2017, 12:04 PM   #74
Debbieleigh
Major LCF Poster!

Lets
Go
Here...............

.http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...9#post17660299