Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 08-01-2017, 01:37 AM   #1
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/113/100-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
August Daily Chat

Here we go - the swap shop for news, views, events, and other things JBs want to know
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2017, 03:07 AM   #2
FairyWren
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FairyWren
Stats: 178/144/133 5'4"
WOE: JUDDD
Just dropping in to say hi everyone, hope you all have a good month, I'll probably not be too chatty as i'm pretty flat out with work just now but will be popping in to read through everyones news and views.

According to my countdown app it's only 4 weeks 4 days until I head off for my walking holiday here in Scotland - hope to lose a little more weight by then, it will make things much easier

This week I have my wedding anniversary (6 years) to look forward to on Friday - it's scheduled to be a DD so i've told DH we'll be celebrating on Saturday, he's fine with that as he's also JUDDDing at the moment (he only has around 7lbs to lose but thinks it's a great WOE).

Cindy, hope you are feeling much better today! xx
Old 08-01-2017, 07:36 AM   #3
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bluebelle
Stats: 208/193/150 5'3"
Start Date: March 1st, 2017
Congrats Fairy Wren on the anniversary! And picking up the July thread: Cheryl - kudos on the 17 lbs. lost!! And hoping Cindy's tummy is sorted.

New month and DD today. Hope we all have a great August with lots of losses and easy maintenance, respectively.
Bluebelle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 08:30 AM   #4
Kissa
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/120/120 5'3" Age 70
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2002 Atkins 2011 JUDDD 2016 BSD/JUDDD
Thank you all for your kind wishes. Much better today but my tummy is SO bloated. I hate it, I am so uncomfortable. Had a little yoghurt and am going to drink a lot of water.

Cheryl I love that you have found a place weigh, and what a wonderful result. It is entirely possible you have lost 17lbs although it will naturally slow down. Well done on your good DD even when hungry.

Drop in when you can Fairy, I am a bit irregular just now due to Vicky being home and having so many visitors.

Back to London tomorrow.

Thanks for the new thread Slow.x

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Hunger is not an emergency.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 08:49 AM   #5
CherylB
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Stats: 250/?/150
Start Date: When I'm settled somewhere. I'm not ready.
Popping in. Thanks for the brand new, shiny thread for August, SlowSure! Evie, what's a walking holiday? Happy 6th Anniversary to you and your hubby!

Cindy, I'm sorry you still feel out of sorts. I hope it runs its course in a day or so. Unplanned DD's in a row. Don't get too weak.

Hi, everyone. Not to call attention to myself, but it's my birthday. I'm a whopping 55! How did the baby of the family get this old? I never thought I'd live this long. Anyway, I'm still here and so, let's celebrate.

UD here. Weather is hot but not excessively humid. Fans are able to keep it comfortable inside the RV. If it gets too warm, I'll throw on the a/c and draw the shades to block the sun from streaming in.

Let's have an awesome Aug!
is all you really need.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 09:26 AM   #6
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Evie, what's a walking holiday? :
Evie does amazing walking holidays She had a fabulous one a while back with a friend in Spain.
Old 08-01-2017, 09:43 AM   #7
Carly

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/126.8/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Cheryl- and excellent weigh in! I believe it's possible to lose 17 pounds if you have been sticking close with your calories. It most likely will slow down, but I did not feel that I have particularly slow losses on JUDDD. Most months around 10 pounds (not including 2 months when I had vacations- those were more like 6-7 pounds).

August- holy wow! I can't believe the summer is half over. I refuse to think about it!

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 10:08 AM   #8
CherylB
Big Yapper!

Thanks, Carly. August means I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, where I spend months sweating and running from shady spot to shady spot. I'm sorry this is your happy time and that it's running out the clock.

I'm thrilled to hear that 10 lbs a month is a good average. If I can just get to that, I'll be getting the results I used to get on Atkins '72.
is all you really need.

Old 08-01-2017, 11:04 AM   #9
ShrinkingWoman
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ShrinkingWoman
Stats: HW 207 197/180/157 H-5'10
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: January 1, 2017
Just popping in to say hello. I have been Judding but not super strict. Been a very busy month with August looking to be even busier. I have been maintaining between 177-180. I am okay with that with so much going on that I just haven't had the energy to really focus on weight loss. So my goal for August is to maintain but I'm not going to complain if I see a loss. lol Would like to hit the elusive 175. Wishing everyone a happy and healthy August.
ShrinkingWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 11:10 AM   #10
FairyWren
Senior LCF Member

Cheryl!! Wishing you all the best from Scotland!

P.S. Cheryl, a walking holiday is just that, I walk every day, long distance routes, this year it's the West Highland Way - 95 miles from Glasgow to Fort William. As Slow says I like to walk In 2013 I walked the Camino de Santiago, an ancient pilgrim route from the French side of the Pyrenees, up and over then across northern Spain, 500 miles in 6 weeks. I walked the camino again in 2015

Cindy, glad you are feeling a lot better today. Aw, how lovely to have Vicky around, must make the most of it
Old 08-01-2017, 11:38 AM   #11
CherylB
Big Yapper!

Hi, Shrinking woman! Sorry things have been so busy lately. Hope August isn't as busy as you expect it to be. Maintaining sounds like an excellent plan.

Evie, do you carry a pack on these walks? Sounds like you'd have to, so we'd call that backbacking over here. Unless you're just a wild woman and head off with nothing to sustain you and sleep with your head resting on a rock and some fallen leaves for your blanket.

I realize I'm not grasping what you do on your walks so you'll have to go into more detail. Thanks for the birthday wishes!
is all you really need.

Old 08-01-2017, 12:49 PM   #12
Carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyWren View Post
[SIZE="4"]:

P.S. Cheryl, a walking holiday is just that, I walk every day, long distance routes, this year it's the West Highland Way - 95 miles from Glasgow to Fort William. As Slow says I like to walk In 2013 I walked the Camino de Santiago, an ancient pilgrim route from the French side of the Pyrenees, up and over then across northern Spain, 500 miles in 6 weeks. I walked the camino again in 2015
I would love these types of vacations- the walking part anyway, but not camping (I'm not a sleep outdoors kinda girl). I'd love to walk the Appalachian Trail some day, but I do have some safety concerns with that.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

Old 08-01-2017, 01:20 PM   #13
FairyWren
Senior LCF Member

Yes Cheryl I backpack, just carry what I need in my pack - clothes, food etc. Stay mostly at hostels (I like camping but don't want to carry the extra weight of a tent & equipment). Like a hotel once a week so I can have a bit of luxury and a long hot soak in the bath - beats "head resting on a rock and some fallen leaves for your blanket"

Carly - Yes, the walking was amazing, just something really amazing about a routine of just walk, eat, sleep, repeat - really good for the head space - and I lost 10lbs over the 6 weeks and came back at goal weight! - my legs looked like sticks The friend I walked with in 2013 is from the US (Oregon) and she walked the AT the next year, thankfully she didn't run into any safety issues or have any dodgy encounters.

I recently watched the film (a true story) called Wild: From lost to found on the Pacific Crest Trail about a young lass (Cheryl Strayed) who walked the PCT. Another movie (which is about the Camino) is the one with Martin Sheen, called The Way.

Me, with backpack. I dunno if i've really got the hang of adding photos on here...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130916-DSC00238.jpg (64.7 KB, 44 views)

Last edited by FairyWren; 08-01-2017 at 01:22 PM..
FairyWren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 03:20 PM   #14
CherylB
Big Yapper!

Okay. That makes more sense. We don't call that "walking" here. You sure are an adventurous woman. And you always go alone? Wow.

I think I've heard of that "Wild" film. Reese Whitherspoon? I've read a book about walking on the AT but although the book had good ratings, I didn't like it at all. I'm sure there are better stories out there about hiking the AT.

I saw a film (documentary done by the hikers themselves) who did the John Muir trail out west. I forget the name of it but it used to be on Netflix. I'll try to recall the name in case you want to check it out.

I'm tired just thinking of all that energy expenditure! I need to go lay down for a while.
is all you really need.

Old 08-02-2017, 04:58 AM   #15
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

For the first time, I've just seen LA Law. I had quite a surprise with some of the thinking and themes and in many ways it hasn't aged at all well tho' I have to assume it's one of those 'radical for its time and a seedbed for offshoots' things.

One of the more interesting episodes was about the attorney who was fired for her obesity and it's dispiriting to reflect on how little has changed in some ways. I loathe the overall storyline but there was a too-familiar scene with Roxanne who was on a diet and was attempting to turn down a high-calorie dessert for her birthday dinner but had it forced on her.
Old 08-02-2017, 06:30 AM   #16
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: PACarolsue
Stats: 217/200/? 5'2"
WOE: Whatever Works
Start Date: Tomorrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
w I loathe the overall storyline but there was a too-familiar scene with Roxanne who was on a diet and was attempting to turn down a high-calorie dessert for her birthday dinner but had it forced on her.
This is one of my pet peeves. If I say "No, thank you," that should be it, right there.

"The first step to solving a problem is to admit that one exists."
Dr Jason Fung
PACarolsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 06:52 AM   #17
Carly

I have never really felt that anyone forced me to eat. Sometimes people don't really believe me that I don't want anything to eat if we are out- like a diner or casual restaurant, but so far I have always been able to reassure them that I'm just enjoying my coffee and the company.

Old 08-02-2017, 07:46 AM   #18
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: phoenix17
Stats: getting there slowly but surely
WOE: LC, MF and now JUDDD
Hi Everyone-
Happy Birthday Cheryl!
Hope you are feeling better Cindy
Evie- jealous of your walking vacations- I have often considered doing one of those myself the Camino de Santiago is on my list! I liked the movie "The Way" - did you find it to be a good way to represent the walk? Also just an FYI the book "Wild" is WAY better than the movie but I guess everyone knows that about books and movies!

Hi to Slow, Carly, Bluebelle, Portia and everyone else I may have missed! Is Vlo still on vacation?

July was supposed to be my super fun 2017 birthday month and it turned in to being a some fun and a bundle of mess. I ended the month in a big fight with DC. that was last Friday and we haven't properly talked since. As you can imagine I have been stressed about this. The fight was about politics (it started over the health care bill) of all things but it was not the topic that is the issue but the way we both reacted to it. Anyway- we are talking tonight but I am honestly just not sure what the outcome will be. If I had to guess I would say we will probably give it a go again but I'm afraid I'm already in running mode. I'm trying really hard not to be but with my history, its a challenge to think otherwise.
Along with all of this is of course the work stress with my boss leaving. On a nice note upper management seems to agree with my (soon to be ex) boss that I can handle it myself and no need to hire someone over me BUT of course it is overwhelming to consider the workload right now. I can do it, I know I can, I just have to get a handle on it. I also have to get up the guts to ask if my increase in responsibility and work load will also come with a promotion? Ugh hate to have to ask, you know?

So what is all this mean to dieting? Nothing good thats for sure. I haven't been back on the scale yet but I need to do that this week. I have not successfully had any good DDs but I have been mostly following a sort of Fast 5 kind of woe (fasting all day and eating dinner - but not really controlled calorie dinner). Its probably the best plan as I have 2 going away parties Th-F evening and a lunch out today and of course I'm talking to DC tonight so I am kind of suspecting I won't have much of an appetite . UGH I'm totally stressing about this conversation. Was awake at 4 am thinking about it.

Ok thats it for me. I am hoping I can get better at tracking so I can start to make progress again. I would like to drop a minimum of another 20 lbs. which at the rate I lose, that will be by the end of the year. I have been sticking with my 30 day challenge (I re-started it last week) of squats and sit ups. The goal being 100 of each at the end of 30 days. Squats are one exercise I feel shows progress after just a couple of weeks!
phoenix17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 08:43 AM   #19
CherylB
Big Yapper!

I'm so sorry Phoenix. Relationships can really be a blessing and a curse sometimes. It takes the stuffing out of you sometimes. I hope this ends as well as can be hoped for, or that you can agree to disagree and learn something about yourselves and go forward.

I'm on another DD here. I hope everyone has a blessed and lovely day.
is all you really need.

Old 08-02-2017, 08:45 AM   #20
Librarygirl
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Happy Birthday, Cheryl and congrats on the weight loss I read about in the July thread! That is awesome and inspiring!

Cindy, I'm sorry you've been sick and hope you're well on the road to recovery.

I am on a UD today and trying very hard not to run into the lounge and get another cupcake lol. Yes, another one. So far, so good. Hopefully someone else will get the last two and I will be saved.

I haven't been rigorous with JUDDD this time around, but I have more or less stuck with it. I am down, by my scales, 3 lbs from this time last week so whether it's water or air I'm taking it.

Hello to everyone and happy Hump Day!

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

*Cindy*
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 08:55 AM   #21
Carly

Phoenix- I know the situation with DC feels terrible right now, but arguments or disagreements are a part of life. In fact DW and I had one last night, which is not that common for us. It didn't feel great at the time, but before we went to sleep she gave me a big hug and kiss (which in her language is- I messed up- sorry). I hope you can both talk it out and let it go. Sometimes when I feel something brewing I ask myself "Would I rather be happy or would I rather be right?" I'd like to be both, but since sometimes I can only be one, I'd rather be happy

Cheryl- we are DDing it together

Cindy- 3 pounds gone is 3 pounds gone! I don't care what's made out of

Old 08-02-2017, 09:14 AM   #22
Librarygirl
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Phoenix, I'm sorry about the stressful times. I can certainly relate! I am wondering, though, what does DC mean?

Thanks, Carly. I hope it continues downward!!

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

*Cindy*
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 09:23 AM   #23
Carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Phoenix, I'm sorry about the stressful times. I can certainly relate! I am wondering, though, what does DC mean?

Thanks, Carly. I hope it continues downward!!
Dear Contractor. He was her contractor before they started dating we have confused a number of people with this...

It should keep moving down if you stick with it.

Old 08-02-2017, 11:46 AM   #24
Kissa

I missed your Birthday, Cheryl! I am so sorry but I do wish you a Happy Belated Birthday, and 55 is still a baby.

Oh Pheonix, disagreements are vile but part of any strong relationship between two intelligent people. Politics are even viler of course, somehow a status quo must be reached if you are to strike a balance. As for work, I have to say, no pay, no way. You require a proper promotion and all that goes with it. I would also ensure that you get exactly what he got, no 'adjustment' for being a woman. Will you get assistant of any kind, of will you in fact be doing more than your boss was doing. Sticking my nose in, sorry.

I love long walks, but I don't enjoy carrying a back pack. And camping is my idea of purgatory, lol.

I have just this evening got my appetite back and may even have a glass of wine. Stomach is still a little noisy. Back in a very wet London happy to be with Vicky and her DH. Off to visit DD1 tomorrow.

Old 08-02-2017, 02:17 PM   #25
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

of course ladies you are all very wise and I'm sure we will get past this, but now I can't talk tonight - I have a late meeting and a later webinar for my classes and I don't want to just try to squeeze him in, that seems wrong.

Maybe I should stop calling him DC but I don't know what else to use - DBF?

Cindy/Kissa good point on the no pay no way! I had a chat with the current boss today and asked him his advice on broaching this subject with the new boss and he said that he had already assumed my discomfort and approached her on my behalf and I should be expecting to have that conversation with her soon. Man he really is the best boss. I do know I won't get his pay though - he is at least 3 or 4 levels above my current position. I will only get bumped up one notch but I certainly can't expect more than that and honestly wouldn't want it. Moving up too fast doesn't do anyone any favors IMO.

OK need to reschedule with DBF - nope have to go back to DC... - but that means it waits for the weekend. I think that might be better anyway.

Cindy/LG- yay on the -3 lbs!
Old 08-02-2017, 03:21 PM   #26
Kissa

Okay, I see your point on the promotion, but take care you are not being asked to do more than you are comfortable with. I am sure you know best but I have seen too many people being taken advantage of. I like 'DC', makes him special somehow.

Old 08-02-2017, 04:06 PM   #27
leonak
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: leonak
Stats: Goal Met July, 2015 - 112!!!!
about the dc guy - it is a difficult topic for you both

my 2 cents worth is - because dc is self- employed health ins. is so very different then what you may or may not have, my dh was on his own for insurance, paid 100% of it with no help from anyone, I worked out but had no ins either ! It is so very hard - keep your chin up and try to see his point of view! ins just plain sucks, even now that we are on medicare it is %&^$#@!!!! and we pay, pay, pay!!!

Try not to over-think health insurance - it is what it is ( and that is it )

Take Care Ph.17!

I do think "love is in the air" for you both

Last edited by leonak; 08-02-2017 at 04:08 PM..
leonak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 03:54 AM   #28
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

I feel like I'm constantly in danger of being overwhelmed with paperwork at present alongside deadlines that shouldn't be so cramped. There's a fair amount of anchor drag from colleagues who are not submitting anything in a timely manner. However - it also feels like stress levels are very high and this is affecting performance.

It's so odd at present. There are parts of London that are fine but others where there are regular disturbances (and I know some areas like this). It's the usual mixed bag for any significant city, I suppose.

Hoping to get out for a water trip this evening in a kayak That and picking brambles from my boat should make the world seem good again...
Old 08-03-2017, 07:06 AM   #29
Carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
I feel like I'm constantly in danger of being overwhelmed with paperwork at present alongside deadlines that shouldn't be so cramped. There's a fair amount of anchor drag from colleagues who are not submitting anything in a timely manner. However - it also feels like stress levels are very high and this is affecting performance.
This has been a struggle for me right now as well. I like to think of myself as the lovable "nag". At my old job (not the job for He!!, but the one I was at before for 7 years) the CEO used to always say "You are the kind of person we hate to love." It was said in a very endearing way so no offence taken. I have been known to schedule reminders for others on THEIR calendar and send frequent emails reminding, prodding, imploring, etc...

I hate for my work to be late and such as my position is, I'm often dependent on other departments giving me reports so that I can put entire projects together or larger reports for the board of directors (the current issue that finally resolved yesterday at about 3pm )

The thing is there are always a couple repeat offenders and it seems like those repeat offenders get away with things that no one else would get away with. That is really frustrating and I hate for me work to be held because others can't get a few simple items or numbers to me - rant over

Phoenix- I'm glad that you will be getting some increase in compensation and/ or title- that is important.

Cindy/Kissa- Glad your tummy is feeling a bit better. Hope you enjoyed your wine

Old 08-03-2017, 07:47 AM   #30
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Slow- I feel your pain. I really do not like depending on other people for my own work to make a deadline. Kayak question for you: how do you haul your kayaks? Yours is an ocean kayak isn't it? So I'm assuming long and slender? I am looking to buy another (my current one is a folding kayak- great for storage but a lot of set up and break down) and one I can potentially get my dog in but to get something that is more stable for that it will need to be wider and heavier and my new vehicle is very tall. I'm considering a kayak mounting system that I can use when I'm solo but they are quite bulky... have you had any experience with those? I'm considering the Thule Hullavator in case that means anything to you .
Good luck with the colleagues! would it help if you remind them that your deadline depends on them?

Leona - thanks for your comments and you are right. it was not actually the topic of the argument that is my concern at the moment but how we both reacted to it. We didn't get to talk in person last night but via text he had commented to me that maybe the fight was a good thing because it made him think about us together and how much he could lose and that he shouldn't take me for granted. At first I was a little perturbed by this statement but I have to remind myself that men and women think of things differently and to him this was probably meant to be a reassuring compliment, and not a statement of taking me for granted which is how I took it at the time. It'll all be good. I'm kind of hoping we can squeeze in a quick visit to talk a little before I go to my boss' good-bye party.

Thanks again Kissa/Cindy for comments- my new boss is a woman and when we start to talk salary I just might ask her how that compares to the men in the company at the same level. I've already talked about the support I will need and she seems very open to allowing me to hire new people and has already offered some of the time from a potentially new hire to be sort of my part time assistant. That would help immensely so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Are you feeling better?

Well I stepped on the scale this morning and I am back in to the higher weight decade, so I'm still about 4-5 lbs over my former average. Definitely need to stop this trend. My plan is to finish out this week following the same plan (Fast 5 essentially) and start up again either over the weekend or on Monday.

I'm excitedly trying to plan a little mini trip in the coming weeks. there will be a total solar eclipse over the US which won't happen again until 2024 and I'm trying to get down south to a good location. It won't be a short trip- a good 14 hour drive minimum for me- but I would really like to go. Otherwise those of you in north America (maybe not very north Canada), August 21st is the eclipse, partial eclipse probably viewable from most locations.