Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 08-03-2017, 08:28 AM   #31
CherylB
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Stats: 250/228/150
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 7/12/17
All caught up reading here. I'm on my phone, so posts will be brief. Storms yesterday took out our WiFi in the campground. It's another challenge for me to see what boondocking will be like. Hit or miss WiFi and lots more phone use.

Phoenix, I'm glad you're talking again with DC. It's a start, right? Sorry. I'm going to post fast before i hit a key that takes my post into never never land.

I'm fine. UD here. Still feel like It's working well. Learning each day as I go. More storms coming our way. I hope we don't lose our power. If u don't see me around, we probably did. Anyway, be good, kutgw and be happy.
is all you really need.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by CherylB; 08-03-2017 at 08:30 AM..
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2017, 12:22 PM   #32
Carly
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/123.2/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
All caught up reading here. I'm on my phone, so posts will be brief. Storms yesterday took out our WiFi in the campground. It's another challenge for me to see what boondocking will be like. Hit or miss WiFi and lots more phone use.

I'm fine. UD here. Still feel like It's working well. Learning each day as I go. More storms coming our way. I hope we don't lose our power. If u don't see me around, we probably did. Anyway, be good, kutgw and be happy.
We has some serious down pours yesterday, but I didn't hear thunder or see lightening (I can't at work, but we had another down pour as my train was arriving and didn't notice any, but got wet enough getting to where DW was parked. Luckily I was not walking home yesterday because I would have been DRENCHED!!!!!!!)

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 02:46 PM   #33
Ailuros
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
I’ve just worked out why the July thread has been so quiet.
Ailuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 04:53 PM   #34
CherylB
Big Yapper!

Been there, done that ! Glad u finally made it, Ailuros.

Carly, very glad u didn't have to walk home yesterday.
is all you really need.

Old 08-04-2017, 03:14 AM   #35
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/110/100-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix17 View Post
Kayak question for you: how do you haul your kayaks? Yours is an ocean kayak isn't it? So I'm assuming long and slender?
We own a small flotilla of boats - ranging from short, stubby white water to my unbelievably beautiful sea kayak with its fabulous length.

We use Thule J cradles etc. with a variety of straps as these adapt well to our variety of craft.

Thule Hullivator is a very fine system.

My thinking is in tune with yours. For the next car, we will choose Thule Hullivator or

Kari Tech High Lift roof racks (with integral winch - this is necessary depending on the height of the car as the standard versions only allow a height movement of 1 metre)

as I strongly believe that the risk of rotator cuff injury incurred by loading or unloading kayaks is too high - and, as you get older, an unacceptable risk. It's much better to have a system that will left the kayak up and down for you.

We've been fortunate in checking out various systems used by fellow kayakers and they are excellent. Just eye-waveringly expensive...
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 05:29 AM   #36
Carly

I know nothing about kayaks, but can tell you that you do NOT want to tear a rotator cuff I tore mine in late 2014 and it's still 100% yet. I haven't had an MRI recently, so at this point I may just be left with arthritis, but the tear took more than 2 years to heal.

It was thundering and lightening earlier this morning. I was here in the office alone and it was a bit creepy. Ordinarily there is so much hustle and bustle you can't even hear the thunder, but it was so quite around 6:40am- 7am that I could hear it loud and clear.

This week has been so busy at work, I hope today is little quiter, but so far I'm sure it's going to shake out that way. I have a 10am meeting to write someone up (I hate those) and a 11am meeting with my boss and a 1pm webinar, so hoping to get a short walk in around noon, but might not happen- I hate that!

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

Old 08-04-2017, 09:58 AM   #37
Kissa

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/120/120 5'3" Age 69
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2002 Atkins 2011 JUDDD 2016 BSD/JUDDD
It feels like Saturday but it is only Friday. Weird.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Hunger is not an emergency.
Kissa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 10:19 AM   #38
JayLynn
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JayLynn
WOE: Keto/IF
Start Date: HDE Jan 2015, IF Feb 2016
Every day feels like Saturday when you don't have to get up and go to work anymore.

Make good choices. I choose love and good health.

"In the beginning, we make our habits. Over time, our habits make us."

Eat clean and keep moving.
And laugh a lot!
JayLynn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 10:29 AM   #39
Kissa

Don't I know it, lol. 70 last month Jan.

Old 08-04-2017, 01:06 PM   #40
quietnite
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: quietnite
Back from Costa Rica! It was wonderful. i didn't stick to rotations but was so happy and relaxed. Gained 4 pounds and today is a down day so feel like some of the water weight from the treats and traveling (flying makes me feel like a pufferfish) is already leaving.

It was SOOO beautiful. Especially the second place we stayed, a secluded home right on the Pacific. I felt like I was finally in my natural habitat

back again April 2017

WOE:JUDDD
quietnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 01:31 PM   #41
CherylB
Big Yapper!

That's great, quietnite! Glad you're home safe and sound and had a wonderful time.

Carly, that does sound like a strange experience, being in the office so early and hearing the storms outside. I'll bet that set the mood for the remainder of the day. Hope your schedule for next week isn't quite so busy.

SlowSure, you must love kayaking. I'd love to learn to white water kayak and just play in the fast water for hours. I'm not there yet. When I'm nearer to goal and can fit in one of those puppies, then I'll look into taking lessons. The ocean kayak sounds really long. Very slender though, right? Too many things in the ocean want to eat you.

to everyone else out there! I'm still rocking and rolling along. My campground wifi is back up and running. Was down 2 days cause of the bad t-storm we had. Glad to be back among the living. I missed hanging out here with everyone.
is all you really need.

Old 08-05-2017, 02:04 PM   #42
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
SlowSure, you must love kayaking. I'd love to learn to white water kayak and just play in the fast water for hours. I'm not there yet. When I'm nearer to goal and can fit in one of those puppies, then I'll look into taking lessons. The ocean kayak sounds really long. Very slender though, right? Too many things in the ocean want to eat you.
Yes, I do love being on the water in pretty much any self-powered craft My sea kayak is very slender (not all of them are) and very unstable which makes it exciting .

Being eaten by sea creatures is not a substantial risk round the UK - most of the year round we're in far more danger from hypothermia...Or fast-moving RIBs or ferries.

Given the nuisance value of my hands, I finally took delivery of a gadget spiraliser rather than a hand-powered one - the Kitchen Aid accessory. It's amazing - very good noodles and it peels and cores vegetables cleanly. Yes, a gadget hound and only slightly embarrassed by it...

Mar. 2017 Rehabbing a foot and concussion. I currently have a lot of physiotherapy. I may miss questions that people ask me or personals. Apologies if I do, it's not intentional.
Old 08-05-2017, 02:33 PM   #43
Sharss
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sharss
Stats: 144/135/125 5'6 1/2" 75yr
WOE: SBD -> JUDDD
Start Date: 5/16/17
Quote:
... Too many things in the ocean want to eat you. ...
Had to laugh at that sentence Cheryl. I took scuba lessons back in the late seventies. Passed all the tests (swimming and book), but had to watch a film before our first dive and it showed all the dangers of the deep blue sea and that finished it for me. Our first dive would have been in a lake, but didn't matter to me since I'd never go in the ocean.

Then I've watched all the shark and alligator movies giving me more .

2nd Long Term Goal 135 reached: 6/11/17
Sharss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 03:10 PM   #44
CherylB
Big Yapper!

I went diving one time, off the beach in Massachusetts. The water was murky and we didn't go far. I was a teenager with my first love. All I saw was a small flounder and I only saw him cause we were swimming along the floor and I swam right over him and he darted off.

After that he took me back to the beach cause I didn't have enough weights to keep me neutrally buoyant and there was a little air in my buoyancy compensator vest that we couldn't get rid of, and swimming along the surface made me feel like I was being torn apart. I cried.

Back on the beach, I got the heck out of that wet suit and fell asleep on the blanket in the sun while he and his best friend got some lobsters farther out. After that I went to take a certification class but was about to take the test and do the dive and someone in my factory that had more seniority bumped me to another shift. I couldn't complete the class. Always regretted it. Never tried again and now I'm too fat.

Maybe someday. I think it's scarier to be on the ocean surface in a little chewable boat (recently happened off the coast of CA or FL, I think) than down in the water where you can see what's happening around you.

I'm on an UD but never left the campground. Lots of heavy rain and I just stayed put. Will eat what I have for today and tomorrow, however dull those things are, then go shopping on Monday. I love to procrastinate. All the more since I live in this beast and have no other wheels. I wish I had a car.
is all you really need.

Old 08-06-2017, 02:39 PM   #45
FairyWren
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FairyWren
Stats: 178/147/133 5'4"
Going awol until Friday - heading north to see a friend on one of the other islands and internet will be patchy at best. Plan on keeping up my rotations though.

Have a good week everyone, will catch up on all your news when I get back home Friday.

Old 08-06-2017, 03:18 PM   #46
CherylB
Big Yapper!

You too, Evie! Have fun and stay safe.
is all you really need.

Old 08-07-2017, 03:26 AM   #47
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Talking to DH about the things in the ocean that eat you - he reminded me that there have been times when a family of seals has climbed onto my boat and threatened to lift the front half way out of the water as they've been substantially heavier than I am. I was in more danger of being nose-pushed and hugged by them than eaten, I should stress.

The Kitchen Aid spiralising/coring/peeling accessory is excellent. I had a fairly heavy day in the garden yesterday so wasn't up making anything but the simplest meal last night so this really came into its own.

The garden stuff was turning over the compost bin (plenty full of worms); moving a new vegetable planter we'd assembled into place, and then filling it with medium. I also took the opportunity to reposition the compost bin, some water butts, and some of the (smaller) planters so it was a lot of heavy manoeuvring.
Old 08-07-2017, 05:12 AM   #48
Carly

Just popping in to say hi

I don't think sea kayaking would be my thing. I'm a scaredy cat about things like that, but I love the ocean and the beach. I've snorkeled a number of times, but not sure I'd feel like doing it these days.

Hope everyone has a good start to their week- TTYL.

Old 08-07-2017, 07:49 AM   #49
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Vlo1125
Stats: 263/169/155
WOE: Primal w/ JUDDD
Start Date: 2013
Hola everyone! Long time no post! Got home from IL on 8/2 but have been very busy since then! My best friend From IL ended up coming with her husband on Saturday to NYC to be tourists and then come to one of my derby games. So that was nice and then Sunday my DH and I went with them and did a walking tour and also the Tenement Museum. I'm beat!

As for diet and weight, I came home from my 5 week trip weighing 177, that's a 10 lbs gain. Honestly could have been much worse, I've gained much more on shorter trips. For the most part I always skipped breakfast daily, sometimes lunch. There were days I did try to watch carbs and others not so much , the 4th week I could feel myself really going off the rails and I used my moms scale and it read 181 I did a few OMAD's after that so I think that helped bring it down a little. I completed my slim in 6 dvd while I was there so I was excercising almost daily, sigh.... yes....I gained 10 lbs while excercising daily not surprised has happened to me before who knows maybe the daily excercise did keep the gaining from being too out of control

This morning I weighed 175 which was surprising as I ate whatever I wanted yesterday but I'll take it! Maybe all that walking? My friends device said we walked 8 miles! So now I've got 8 lbs of vacation weight left to lose, not bad at all and I'm hoping getting back to rotations will take care of it quickly! I'm going for a dd today, my first in over a month! Would like to get back to my 4:3 and focus on a primal low carb diet. Keto just wasn't the magic I wanted it to be for me and I honestly feel much better on a bit higher carbs, still low carb 50-80 grams. However Keto HAS been magical for DH though! He completely surprised me by staying on the diet even while I was gone 5 weeks and not preparing his meals He is now down 45 lbs and weighs 210, he looks great and I'm very proud of him! I'm glad it works so well for him and will continue to support his efforts!

I haven't gone back to catch up with all the posts but see a lot new and returning faces, so everyone!

Last edited by Vlo1125; 08-07-2017 at 07:52 AM..
Vlo1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 08:12 AM   #50
Carly

back Vlo!!!! I'm thinking 10 pounds in 5 weeks in not so bad. I can gain 5 pounds on a vacation that is less than a week, so I bet the exercise helped and I bet the first 5-6 pounds will come off really quickly. Maybe all of it if you got a nice reset during the 5 weeks, which seems possible.

Did you like the tenement museum? I've never done that one. The transit museum is pretty cool and the Museum of Jewish Heritage (Holocaust Museum) are worth checking out when you are in the city. The transit Museum is great for kids of all ages and your daughter is probably old enough to appreciate the the Museum of Jewish Heritage.

What parts of the city did your walking tour cover?

Old 08-07-2017, 08:23 AM   #51
Kissa

Lovely to see you back Vlo, well done on only gaining 10lbs, you are a star. Congrats to DH too.

I have had a full on weekend and am up 3 lbs, but it was Vicky's birthday, so we over indulged all round. This will soon be gone.

Old 08-07-2017, 08:54 AM   #52
CherylB
Big Yapper!

Hi, everyone. Nice to meet you, Vlo! Welcome back from your long trip. Wishing you lots of success on the reboot and getting those 8 lbs gone again.

SlowSure, that's allot of gardening so that counts as a good workout. I smiled about the family of seals, but couldn't help but think "Shark bait" when I knew what they were probably climbing up there to avoid. I'm just kidding, but this is fun. I love that you have encounters like that. I'd love to experience them myself.

Hugs to everyone! UD here. Gloomy day. Supposed to be raining but the air must not be completely saturated yet. Supposed to be heavy rain later on today. Trying to workup the energy to go shopping and stuff. Inertia is so strong. Once it sets in, it's hard to shake.

I hope we all have a lovely and blessed day. Stay safe out there.
is all you really need.

Old 08-07-2017, 09:03 AM   #53
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: phoenix17
Stats: getting there slowly but surely
WOE: LC, MF and now JUDDD
Hi all,
Vlo - welcome back!! sounds like you did great for a month off of dieting!! I've only slipped for 2 weeks and think I did about the same so thats awesome!

Slow thanks for the endorsement on the Hullivator. as you said it is a significant investment so good to you know you think its worth it. Its quite bulky too. I'm hoping there might be an end of season sale but somehow I doubt it. I'll have to consider storage in my garage as well- ideally I'll get it up on the wall. I suppose I would only be doing that when storing for the winter versus every time I take it off the car.

Hello to everyone! glad to hear everyone is mostly doing well (unless coming off vacations that is). I'm doing a re-start today myself. I didn't officially weigh myself though since I had a surprise TOM over the weekend so I will wait for that to go away first. some of my already tighter clothes are feeling too snug for my comfort so I know I will not see a number I am happy with. Over the weekend I got at least one friend to join me in a year long goal - by my next birthday I would like to be down 30 lbs or 2-3 clothing sizes. I think that is a very do-able goal for 50 weeks and even allows some slip ups for the holidays and stressful times. We are going to have a mid-way goal for January also and make it a girls weekend trip for a reward. I'm trying to decide what to do for exercise and am considering a personal trainer... I'm motivated!

My (former) boss is officially gone so now I'm completely solo in my role at this company. I had a couple of stressful weeks to come to grips with it though so I think I'll be OK. just need to stay on top of things. On a more depressing note, I have NOT been doing well with DC. I can't get in to the back story in a short way but basically the outcome is we won't be able to actually talk in any meaningful way until next weekend or at least that is what we agreed upon. He had his kids all last week and weekend, and this is my first week at work without the boss and that is how it landed on next weekend. We are currently not communicating at all and the problem for me is, I think I'm moving on. He left me with too much time in my own head. I'm still not sure of the eventual outcome of all this but I'm not feeling particularly optimistic. OK enough of this talk for today - just trying to keep from additional emotional consumption of calories.

To end on a separate note, I had a plethora of greens from my farm CSA and was trying to find a relatively lower calorie wait to use them all and I ended up making a soup. It was a little too chunky for my preference so I strained out about 2/3 of the veggies, pressed them to release as much of the goodness as i could, partially pureed the rest in the broth and voila, I have a really delicious vegetable soup. Quite pleased with myself on that despite feeling slightly bad about straining out the bits (I did simmer it for a good long time so I told myself i extracted all the good parts...).
phoenix17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 12:15 PM   #54
CherylB
Big Yapper!

Phoenix, I hope that whatever happens is for the best. It's hard to start over with someone new. I've done it so many times myself. Maybe you'll work things out in the end. You never know.

Your 50 week challenge with your friends with a January reward sounds like allot of fun and good motivation. Those things always help to make things more enjoyable. Something to look forward to.

Your veggie soup sounds pretty good. What was in it? Sometimes there's just too many types of veggies. I did that once and absolutely overwhelmed myself and didn't like the result.
is all you really need.

Old 08-07-2017, 01:01 PM   #55
Sharss
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sharss
Stats: 144/135/125 5'6 1/2" 75yr
WOE: SBD -> JUDDD
Start Date: 5/16/17
[QUOTE=SlowSure;17652276]Talking to DH about the things in the ocean that eat you - he reminded me that there have been times when a family of seals has climbed onto my boat and threatened to lift the front half way out of the water as they've been substantially heavier than I am. I was in more danger of being nose-pushed and hugged by them than eaten, I should stress.
QUOTE]

One can say now, but I'm sure not back then. What in the world did you do?

For me, what I said was "...dangers of the deep blue sea." Getting eaten is not the main danger. My son and family went snorkeling during their trip to Hawaii and my DIL got stung all over her legs. She told me at the time by what creature, but I don't remember.

Here is a list of your stinging creatures. The title says Hawaii because that's what I had done a search on, but I"m sure they can all be found all over in the deep blue sea. "Deep Blue Sea" good movie.

Dangerous Marine Life Of Hawaii

http://www.isearchhawaii.net/feature...ife-of-hawaii/

2nd Long Term Goal 135 reached: 6/11/17
Sharss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 01:44 PM   #56
quietnite
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: quietnite
Hi all, hope everyone is having a great one.

As of this morning, I have lost the Costa Rican pounds and am having an up day!

I have to smile at the image of Slowsure and the dangerous seal huggers.

That is all

back again April 2017

WOE:JUDDD
quietnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 07:12 AM   #57
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: phoenix17
Stats: getting there slowly but surely
WOE: LC, MF and now JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by quietnite View Post
I have to smile at the image of Slowsure and the dangerous seal huggers.

That is all
phoenix17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 08:25 AM   #58
Kissa

Yes, it makes a great picture, especially if you knew how slight Slow is. But she is feisty.

Phoenix just try to relax about DC, as you know, what will be, will be. Glad the job is really yours, enjoy!

You seem to be doing really well with your rotations Cheryl, well done.

All good here, weekend weight gone.

Old 08-08-2017, 09:13 AM   #59
Carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post

All good here, weekend weight gone.
Weekend weight gone on Tuesday!?!

Old 08-08-2017, 10:05 AM   #60
CherylB
Big Yapper!

Thanks, Kissa! So far, so good. I'm so thankful that this is working for me and that it feels like the normal rhythm of my life now. Can't even tell you how long I've tried to find this feeling. Something that would work and still allow me to live among the living. Commune with family and friends without having to make all my own food.

Sweet relief. That's what this is.

And let's hear it for seal huggers!
is all you really need.