Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 08-08-2017, 11:33 AM   #61
Carly
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/123.2/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Thanks, Kissa! So far, so good. I'm so thankful that this is working for me and that it feels like the normal rhythm of my life now. Can't even tell you how long I've tried to find this feeling. Something that would work and still allow me to live among the living. Commune with family and friends without having to make all my own food.

Sweet relief. That's what this is.
I think this sums up the beauty of JUDDD very well. It's certainly how it feels to me!

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2017, 01:05 PM   #62
CherylB
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Stats: 250/228/150
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 7/12/17
It's awesome
is all you really need.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 01:35 PM   #63
quietnite
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: quietnite
I'm trying to stay calm. I went to the Orthopedist today and the good news is my hip is fine, a pinched nerve that is already getting better. The bad news- I have arthritis in both of my knees.

I don't know why this is breaking my heart. They don't hurt anymore than they did BEFORE I knew this. The doctor supported the thing I have heard on the JUDDD boards that losing weight is the best thing for my knees and will improve the pain a great deal.

It's a DD and I'm just going to continue to eat/not eat as DD requires. But I want to cry.

Thanks for listening.

back again April 2017

WOE:JUDDD
quietnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 02:03 PM   #64
CherylB
Big Yapper!

I'm sorry, quietnite. It's devastating to realize your body is seriously failing you. I remember crying when I got my hypothyroid diagnosis. The Dr came into the exam room and said, "You have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis." He might as well have said I had lung cancer, cause this sounded so horrible. "Hashimoto's???" Then come to find out, it's the most common type of hypthyroidism. But I cried in the office.

I know I have lots of joint issues. Last year I broke my left arm in the wrist area (both the radius and ulna) and my arm was in the shape of an S. I was laying on the ground, bleeding out on the pavement and in total disbelief, so naturally I took a picture. I had to show this to my family! No one would believe it.

I'm just trying to say that I understand your sadness. My knees had been killing me before starting JUDDD. They still smart sometimes but they are so much better, and as my weight goes down, I know I'll hardly ever think about them. You've got yourself the gift of motivation now, honey.

Use it wisely.
is all you really need.

Old 08-08-2017, 03:24 PM   #65
Sharss
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sharss
Stats: 144/135/125 5'6 1/2" 75yr
WOE: SBD -> JUDDD
Start Date: 5/16/17
Quote:
Originally Posted by quietnite View Post
I'm trying to stay calm. I went to the Orthopedist today and the good news is my hip is fine, a pinched nerve that is already getting better. The bad news- I have arthritis in both of my knees.

I don't know why this is breaking my heart. They don't hurt anymore than they did BEFORE I knew this. The doctor supported the thing I have heard on the JUDDD boards that losing weight is the best thing for my knees and will improve the pain a great deal.

It's a DD and I'm just going to continue to eat/not eat as DD requires. But I want to cry.

Thanks for listening.
Sorry quietnite. As you said, losing weight is the best thing you can do for yourself. However, you might want to do some research into the use of Collagen. I've been looking into different products since it's suppose to be good for joints (and hair and nails .

I personally haven't come to any conclusion on any particular product having looked on Amazon Reviews because some will swear by a product and others will say it didn't do anything for their joints. Anyway, thought I'd pass the thought on to you.

Cheer up and count the blessings you do have. )

2nd Long Term Goal 135 reached: 6/11/17
Sharss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 03:11 AM   #66
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/110/100-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
Arthritis is horrible - of whichever variety and, depending on the location, it can have a disproportionate impact on your functioning.

Yes - reducing body fat is helpful if you're carrying some to spare. It's the major reason that I want to get back to my comfortable range as I very much notice the extra few pounds. And, of course, I need to keep active to prevent the arthritis having more of an effect, and it's easier to stay active if I have less to heft around in boats, yoga hammocks etc. etc..
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 03:54 AM   #67
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

On a general note, DH finished 8 weeks of the 8WBSD over the weekend - he's shed approx. 15lbs so he's happy with that.

He's having 2 weeks as a diet fatigue break and then he's planning to do another 8WBSD as he's considering a more senior kayak coaching qualification and it would be useful to have a higher muscle:fat/weight ratio.
Old 08-09-2017, 04:27 AM   #68
Kissa

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/120/120 5'3" Age 69
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2002 Atkins 2011 JUDDD 2016 BSD/JUDDD
Quietnight, I am so sorry you are upset. If it helps, I was walking downstairs sideways when I was 50 because of my arthritic right knee. Now, at 70, I can run up and down stairs and rock my Zumba class. I am 70 lbs lighter and I take 1,500 mg Glucosamine, Krill oil and now turmeric too. But the weight loss has really helped.

Slow well done to DH, as you know, Vicky has used it to great effect.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Hunger is not an emergency.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 05:08 AM   #69
Carly

Quietnite- as you may or may not know I have psoriatic arthritis and degenerative disc disease- I was diagnosed with both in my very early 20's (21-23 prior to ever being overweight). losing weight and being active can help a great deal. When I gained the weight everything became MUCH harder and more painful. I can't profess to be pain free, but I can do basically everything I want- short of running- but keeping my weight down and activity up make it so that is possible.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

Old 08-09-2017, 08:31 AM   #70
quietnite
Senior LCF Member

Thanks, everyone, for your support. This is truly the most supportive group around.

Kissa and Carly, your experience is what I really needed to hear. Hope that I can make things better by getting to a healthier weight means so much. Thank you more than I can say.

Today is an UD here, have a good one everyone!

back again April 2017

Last edited by quietnite; 08-09-2017 at 08:33 AM..
Old 08-09-2017, 04:35 PM   #71
FrostyBeav
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: FrostyBeav
Stats: 231/217/160
WOE: EOD JUDDD
Start Date: 9/25/16
There has been a lot of talk here over the years about the scale and its ability to derail you when it doesn't go the way you think it should. I've really been struggling with that myself lately. When you strictly diet and the scale doesn't move or stalls for a long period of time, it's easy to think "why am I depriving myself for this?" and then quit.

I found a great article today that helped a lot. It's on Physiqonomics and is called "The Weird and Highly Annoying World of Scale Weight and Fluctuations" (he doesn't sell anything but I am not sure if I am allowed to link to it). I will warn people that he swears - like, a lot - so if that bothers you, you might skip it.

He's got another article about calories that had these illustrations that I found funny (and true).

You expect weight loss to be like:

when it's actually more like:

Old 08-09-2017, 05:32 PM   #72
Farmwife
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Farmwife
Oh my yes the fat loss slide of death. Thank you for sharing.

I just finished DD number 2. I survived. Final calorie count was 487. Im planning to take a nice warm bath, drink one more glass of water, and go to bed early. Even though the afternoon was really difficult I just reminded myself that tomorrow is an UP day and I have a beautiful advocado on the counter just waiting for me

Hope everyone had a good day.
Farmwife
Farmwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 06:23 PM   #73
CherylB
Big Yapper!

There you go, Farmwife! There's always tomorrow.

Frosty, this is the first time I can recall in my adult life where I didn't obsessively weigh while on a weight loss plan. I just can't do it in the RV. I've tried and given up. But the last time I weighed was in a drug store at one of their BP/health machines that had a scale under the seat.

I was at a Walgreens today and they didn't have a machine like that, but I'll go and weigh at the other drug store on my one month anniversary of doing JUDDD. That's only 3 days away! It's very freeing to only go by how you feel in your own skin and how you breath or move differently, how your clothes fit, instead of the number you see on a scale.

I'm glad my RV is lumpy and slopey and won't give me any readings I can rely on. Freedom!!! (Just thought of Braveheart.)
is all you really need.

Old 08-10-2017, 03:20 AM   #74
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Frosty - those drawings are superb Thank you so much for mentioning the site.

Farmwife - Well Done and KUTGW!

CherylB - I'm snagged by the image of Braveheart, in full battle woad, approaching the scale and facing it down.

Kissa - DH found the 8WBSD easy to do (cough - that would be because someone else organised the menu and did the calorie counting) which is why he's planning to do another block. Despite all of my efforts to raise his awareness, he hasn't developed an instinct for calorie counts and scarcely ever remembers to do something as obvious as read a nutrition panel.

In other news, I'm havering about a number of house maintenance projects - the hand arthritis seems to eat up a lot of my energy (just managing around it in combination with my shoulders) and my current flare is making me very tired. I'll be glad when it improves.

We're planning an outing to a fairly local community farm on Sunday and hoping there will be decent fruit and vegetables for sale.
Old 08-10-2017, 05:00 AM   #75
Carly

Fosty- love the pictures. The little sign at the bottom of the second- warning that one might die kinda cracked me up.

Farmwife- KUTGW!!!! The first few DDs are the hardest overall.

Cheryl- I can't believe you have been JUDDDing for almost a month. Wow- time flies! In my experience I started to really feel the JUDDD magic around 5 weeks, IIRC.

Slow- sorry to hear about how bad your hands are. Until recently my fingers had really been spared from the arthritis (not my toes however), but in the last few weeks the thumb on my left hand has really started acting up. It's really achy when I bend it, which I seem to do while typing (and I type almost all day at work) and it's quite tender to the touch, so hoping that it wont get worse and will stay isolated to that one finger.

I find it kind of alarming how my body doesn't seem to heal very well from injuries. Last night DW and I were walking downtown and doing errands and I had this moment when I realized just how many body parts were aching. It's pitiful. I'm only 41 for goodness sake. Luckily, I have a lot of determination to just push through it (and pain medication), so I don't let it stop me, but geez- it seems like once I injure something it never full heals. Or, if it actually heals it leave arthritis behind as a reminder

Well enough whining! The weather was lovely yesterday and today promises to be nice as well, so i'll focus on that.

Old 08-10-2017, 07:38 AM   #76
Farmwife
Senior LCF Member

Thank you for the encouragement.
I hope those of you that are hurting in some way find relief. Im so thankful that even at my great size Ive never had any real health issues. But I know it is best to get the weight off now as much as possible because Im heading toward 50. I want to lose weight and also increase my strength. I confess I am a total whimp. Not strong at all but Im working with resistance bands and a 5 pound weight
This was supposed to be my week at home before children go back to school/college next week . I havent had a whole day home yet. Today taking son for a haircut and computer shopping, daughter to orthodontist, and school open house tonight.
But today is my up day so Ive got that going on!
Old 08-10-2017, 07:48 AM   #77
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: phoenix17
Stats: getting there slowly but surely
WOE: LC, MF and now JUDDD
just a fly by for me - to to everyone!

Just went to my first upper management meeting- had the surprise invitation yesterday to pull together slides for a group presentation on resourcing. Oh the things my boss shielded me from. Sigh. I miss him.

I've managed to somehow come to peace with whatever might happen between me and DC- we will talk this weekend and I'm tired of waiting for it but I'm too stubborn to be the one to break the ice first, and so is he. Anyway I'm in a bit of a zen state about it all. Probably out of sheer exhaustion. Funny how that works.

Managed to pull off 2 decent DDs this week. And interestingly, after feeling so stressed out on Monday, getting home with a raging appetite and in a very sour mood, I gave myself permission to just NOT diet this week. And then I did OK with it. Again- funny how that works.
phoenix17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 12:43 PM   #78
leonak
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: leonak
Stats: Goal Met July, 2015 - 112!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix17 View Post
just a fly by for me - to to everyone!

Just went to my first upper management meeting- had the surprise invitation yesterday to pull together slides for a group presentation on resourcing. Oh the things my boss shielded me from. Sigh. I miss him.

I've managed to somehow come to peace with whatever might happen between me and DC- we will talk this weekend and I'm tired of waiting for it but I'm too stubborn to be the one to break the ice first, and so is he. Anyway I'm in a bit of a zen state about it all. Probably out of sheer exhaustion. Funny how that works.

Managed to pull off 2 decent DDs this week. And interestingly, after feeling so stressed out on Monday, getting home with a raging appetite and in a very sour mood, I gave myself permission to just NOT diet this week. And then I did OK with it. Again- funny how that works.
What will be will be! Go with your gut feelings!

Old 08-10-2017, 01:08 PM   #79
CherylB
Big Yapper!

What a lively group this is! I'm so glad to be here with all of you.

If any of you have troubles with joint aches from arthritis or whatever, those paraffin wax bath things are great. They come in various shapes and sizes and the heat is a deep, penetrating heat. And the wax leaves your skin silky soft. Check it out if you suffer. Would be tough for knees but elbows, feet and hands are very doable.

Let's hear it for peaceful feelings and dieting even when we say we're going to take a week off. Carly, I don't heal well, either. I know how that feels. But you're just a young thing still! I just turned 55 on Aug 1. I got allot of mileage on me, too.
is all you really need.

Old 08-11-2017, 08:04 AM   #80
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: phoenix17
Stats: getting there slowly but surely
WOE: LC, MF and now JUDDD
Happy Friday everyone!
yesterday was an UD and happily the scale actually didn't go up. I'm afraid today won't be a DD though- I'm meeting a friend for lunch and she suggested the Indian buffet! ha. Thats ok though, I will enjoy my lunch with a friend and have a salad for dinner. It will be over DD calories but it will not be bad.
I am relieved it is Friday. I need my weekend to reset. Hoping for a hike or a paddle on Sunday and that will be just what the doctor ordered.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
phoenix17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 10:22 AM   #81
Carly

Add me to the list of those who are happy it's Friday! I still have 3 meetings on my calendar, so no rest quite yet.

These last 2-3 weeks have felt very long. The funny thing is that almost everyone I've mentioned this to said the same thing...

Old 08-11-2017, 11:27 AM   #82
CherylB
Big Yapper!

Hi, ladies. UD here. Glad about that cause I really feel like eating. I messed up last night by making a simple math error in my head. I forgot to carry the 1 and ended up eating 100 too many calories. Moron. I'm making lots of idiotic mistakes lately. I must be distracted by something.

Happy for all you working girls who are happy that it's Friday! My generator that I got on ebay is arriving today. I hope it's what they described it as. Supposed to be brand new, in the box, pristine.

I'll bbl. Phoenix, enjoy your lunch out with your friend. Carly, the weekend is coming!
is all you really need.

Old 08-11-2017, 01:29 PM   #83
quietnite
Senior LCF Member

UD today. Feeling pretty good. Knees are feeling a bit better and my mood is improving as well. Hope everyone has a great day.

back again April 2017

Old 08-11-2017, 01:35 PM   #84
Sharss
Senior LCF Member

Does anyone have any suggestions for a protein powder? Am interested in one that is plain/neutral - like no vanilla or chocolate etc.

So many choices hard tell what is good and what isn't.

Old 08-11-2017, 02:34 PM   #85
CherylB
Big Yapper!

quietnite, so glad your knees are feeling some relief!

Sharss, I have no idea about the protein powder. I always read online reviews of things before I choose something. I tend to disregard the glowing reviews cause sometimes people are paid or compensated to give those.
is all you really need.

Old 08-11-2017, 05:35 PM   #86
Farmwife
Senior LCF Member

Sharss
I use Trim Healthy Mama Pristine Whey Protein Powder. To me it tastes tasteless. I add whatever I want to it. Granted I have very little experience with protein powders, I think Ive only used about 3 different kinds. This one blends easily and will taste like whatever is blended with it. It does tend to get poofy so I usually add it after any major blending is done for about 15 seconds.
It is low carb and 90 calories per scoop.
I hope this helps in your search.
Farmwife
Old 08-11-2017, 06:49 PM   #87
Sharss
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmwife View Post
Sharss
I use Trim Healthy Mama Pristine Whey Protein Powder. To me it tastes tasteless. I add whatever I want to it. Granted I have very little experience with protein powders, I think Ive only used about 3 different kinds. This one blends easily and will taste like whatever is blended with it. It does tend to get poofy so I usually add it after any major blending is done for about 15 seconds.
It is low carb and 90 calories per scoop.
I hope this helps in your search.
Farmwife
Thank you so much, Farmwife! I read all the reviews on Amazon which were mostly all positive and ordered the product. Get it on Sunday. I'm so curious how it will work in coffee since it does get frothy. First try I'll just use 1/2 scoop.

Did you ever try to add it to a SlimFast for even more protein? Is that workable? One of the reviewers made a comment about how sometimes it clumbs so she first desolved it in luke warm water and added to whatever - I don't remember what the whatever was.

Old 08-12-2017, 06:37 AM   #88
Farmwife
Senior LCF Member

Sharss,
I have only used the powder in cold drinks never warm. It would add protein to your coffee but not sure about the consistency. I have used it to make cold/frozen diet coffee treats in the blender with good results. Ive not added protein powder to slimfast because I try to keep those calories low as possible but I know it would work very well in something like that.
I hope it works well for you.
Farmwife
Old 08-12-2017, 08:36 AM   #89
Sharss
Senior LCF Member

Everybody! Have a joyous and healthy JUDDD weekend!

Farmwife, Thanks for your input. I was thinking of using it on an UD for my breakfast which now runs me about 340 - 370 calories anyway. That is if I can give up my beloved 1 fried egg with 2 toast with butter. Then if I pick up some strawberries or blueberries, I'd have myself a high protein smoothie. I think. I've never made a smoothie.

Old 08-12-2017, 08:54 AM   #90
CherylB
Big Yapper!

If it's your UD, why do you want to give up your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Don't do that to yourself. Indulge and enjoy!
is all you really need.