Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 08-12-2017, 11:03 AM   #91
Kissa
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/120/120 5'3" Age 70
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2002 Atkins 2011 JUDDD 2016 BSD/JUDDD
Wise words Cheryl, lol.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Hunger is not an emergency.
Kissa is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2017, 06:45 AM   #92
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/113/100-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
Zipping out soon to a community farm open day and hoping it's decent.

Lovely and sunny so I'm topping up my vitamin D.

DH likes protein shakes for breakfast as they involve negligible input from him. There are times when the effort involved to heat the fish savouries that I make for our breakfast seems onerous so he has a protein shake - he's OK with them and is someone for whom protein is an appetite-suppressant.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 06:43 AM   #93
Carly

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/126.8/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Hi All!

Just a quick fly-by. I felt under the weather this weekend. Very fatigued and on Sunday my stomach was bothering me. It still seems off now. The scale was friendly at 123.2lbs, but not as much enjoyment when you feel cruddy over all.

TTYL

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 07:10 AM   #94
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bluebelle
Stats: 208/193/150 5'3"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March 1st, 2017
Hi ladies and sir Frosty... to the newbies too!

Well, I'm back. Overall, this has been one of the hardest years of my life, and the last month especially full of headaches, disappointment and anxiety. But time marches on no matter what, and I can make the choice to keep taking care of myself as best I can. Am feeling incredibly sad at the moment, though.

I managed to do a DD for the first time in weeks on Saturday, then reasonable UD yesterday, and it felt really good. Today is DD again.

I don't think I mentioned this before but DH has become interested in LC eating (and emphasising veggies), which I think will make it easier for me to do DDs while he's at home.

Wishing everyone a great week ahead. We can do this!

Last edited by Bluebelle; 08-14-2017 at 07:13 AM..
Bluebelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 07:22 AM   #95
Carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebelle View Post
Hi ladies and sir Frosty... to the newbies too!

Well, I'm back. Overall, this has been one of the hardest years of my life, and the last month especially full of headaches, disappointment and anxiety. But time marches on no matter what, and I can make the choice to keep taking care of myself as best I can. Am feeling incredibly sad at the moment, though.

I managed to do a DD for the first time in weeks on Saturday, then reasonable UD yesterday, and it felt really good. Today is DD again.

I don't think I mentioned this before but DH has become interested in LC eating (and emphasising veggies), which I think will make it easier for me to do DDs while he's at home.

Wishing everyone a great week ahead. We can do this!
Sending you hugs Bluebelle

You are right- time does march on and sticking with your WOE can almost be like an anchoring force when everything else feels "off".

I know it's hard to believe it right now, but things always have a way of sorting themselves out

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

Old 08-14-2017, 08:12 AM   #96
quietnite
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: quietnite
Stats: 278/255/165
Good for you, Bluebell, taking care of yourself is the only thing you CAN do.

As for me, my last DD was turned into an ud when there was an impromptu meeting of close friends and much carousing! I stayed with the regularly scheduled up day next day because my previous experience is DD while hungover is a plan to fail.

But up three pounds today Well, a wonderful time was had and DD should go well.

Have a great one.
quietnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 09:53 AM   #97
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Bluebelle - I'm so sorry about your difficulties because such things can convince us they're overwhelming and can knock the stuffing out of us for lengthy tranches of time.

Good for you for returning to a DD and feeling the good that it can do for you. KUTGW and know that we're all rooting for you.
Old 08-14-2017, 10:45 AM   #98
Kissa

Sending much love Bluebelle. I am so sorry that life is dealing you a bad hand just now. Put your and your family's health first.

Hope you feel better soon Carly, Vicky has had food poisoning over the weekend, horrid.

Old 08-14-2017, 12:45 PM   #99
Carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Hope you feel better soon Carly, Vicky has had food poisoning over the weekend, horrid.
Yikes! No, I'm not that sick, but I don't feel too great either. I just cancelled my evening plans, because when I go home I'm not going back out.

Old 08-15-2017, 12:07 PM   #100
Sharss
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sharss
Stats: 144/135/125/122 5'6 1/2" 75yr
WOE: SBD -> JUDDD
Start Date: 5/16/17
quietnite, read a good article on knee exercises and stretches. Can't post link, but you can do a Search by Topic:

4 Knee Stretches and 7 Strengthening Exercises to Decrease Pain

2nd Long Term Goal 135 reached: 6/11/17
Sharss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 12:56 PM   #101
Carly

It has been so quiet around here. Hope everyone is doing well.
Vlo is back from her vacation, right? Hope all is well with her.

Old 08-15-2017, 02:56 PM   #102
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

My DD yesterday went really well -- had a few bites here and there while cooking, but managed to fast until 9pm, when I had two slices of leftover thin-crust tomato pizza. Small victories.

Today (UD) is CR Mother's Day, which is a huge deal here (national holiday), so the guys took me out for Thai at lunch, and there's an ice cream cake in the freezer.
Old 08-15-2017, 04:20 PM   #103
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebelle View Post
Today (UD) is CR Mother's Day, which is a huge deal here (national holiday), so the guys took me out for Thai at lunch, and there's an ice cream cake in the freezer.
I hope that you all have a heartfelt celebration

I fancy the sound of ice-cream cake - it would be wasted on me because of my persistent lack of taste but the texture would be easy to swallow. (I have a submandibular lump on one side post the sinusitis and it's unpleasant when swallowing anything that is semi-firm.)

Marine Brothers in London makes a delectable sorbet cassata that I haven't had in years - now that would be soothing and very Summery so I must make an excuse to go out to Camden quite soon.
Old 08-15-2017, 04:38 PM   #104
quietnite
Senior LCF Member

Hi, folks, all is well here. I will def google that article, Sharss. Thanks.
UD today and DD tomorrow. So it goes.
Old 08-16-2017, 02:31 AM   #105
FairyWren
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FairyWren
Stats: 178/144/133 5'4"
All well here too, 10 day plateau at 154 seems to have fixed itself - a whoosh down to 151 yesterday and only 152 today after an UD yesterday. I thought from the way my clothes were fitting that things were happening though so just went with it, also remembered the wise words from you lovely experienced JBs that sometimes your body just needs a little time to adjust to losses.

I've told myself that i'm sticking to my rotations strictly for 100 days though I may have to take a short break when i'm hiking next month and walking 7 to 13 miles a day - though it's not like I haven't got plenty of body fat I can live off! We'll see.

DD today but i'm out all day - i'm part of an art/craft co-operative and we take turns in manning the shop we rent which is open over the summer/tourist season. I'm on the rota for being in the shop today - I always enjoy it, chatting with both visitors and locals who come in looking for cards and gifts.

Bluebelle - hope you had a great day - love the sound of the ice cream cake!

Have a good day folks
Old 08-16-2017, 05:07 AM   #106
Librarygirl
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Just popping in to say that I am still Juddishing. It's been more like 5:2, but I still think of it as JUDDD. Hoping to get stricter with rotations now that our summer hours are over. I'm about 4 lbs down and going into my 4th wk as of today. Hope everyone is doing well.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

*Cindy*
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 05:15 AM   #107
Kissa

Hope you have lovely day Bluebelle.

Sharss, I have printed out the knee exercises, now all I have to do is do them diligently... many thanks for this, some of them I know about but it is great to have them neatly together. Have printed a copy for London and Devon homes, so I have no excuse. Just today in my Zumba class I had to adapt my output more that I like because of my right knee.

Glad the stall is over Evie. I love ADF. Enjoy your day in the shop. I used to work in a hospital shop years ago in Singapore. I loved meeting the people but hated dealing with the money, lol.

Well I have to say goodbye to my lovely daughter Vicky today. She has been home for 7 weeks which has been wonderful, we aren't sure when we will be together again so it will be tough. We get on so wonderfully, true friends, I am blessed.

Posting together Cindy, keep it up, we know it works.

Old 08-16-2017, 05:57 AM   #108
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

For people with osteoarthritis, there's a very good (free) app called:

ESCAPE-Pain: Enabling management of arthritic pain

Developed from research in the UK and the subject of a number of trials. You can read about it on the
escapepain
website.

There are some locations in the UK that run the classes but the app is quite straightforward.
Old 08-16-2017, 06:44 AM   #109
Carly

Hi All!

It's already been a very busy, but productive morning. Starting with a 7:15am conference call. Now working on items identified during said call.

Bluebelle- hope you have a great celebration.

Evie- the craft shop sounds fun. I used to make and sell beaded jewelry, but haven't done so in years. Not that long ago, I made the occasional pieces for gifts, but not in recent years. I want to learn how to knit. I think I would like it.

Hi Slow, Cindy and Cindy

Old 08-16-2017, 11:53 AM   #110
CherylB
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Stats: 250/?/150
Start Date: When I'm settled somewhere. I'm not ready.
Sorry but can't read everything right now. Just want to let you all know that I'm fine and on my second day as a boondocker. Left the campground yesterday around 12:30 and have been living free and on-the-cheap. I found an awesome place to spend my days and (so far) a safe, quiet and legal place to park overnight. Not sure how many nights I can get away with it, but I'll do my best.

Just have two weeks to go before leaving CT to head for IN. This is a good period to get used to living off the grid and so I will have a good handle on things when I truly hit the road running.

My UD yesterday was more like a rogue HCG refeed day. I'm trying to make this DD be as close to zero as it can be. I'll be waking up near the drug store with the scale in it tomorrow morning (if I don't get chased off) so I'll weigh tomorrow before drinking or eating anything.

I hope you're all well. I'll read later on but won't probably be doing much in the way of personals. I'm constantly recharging something. Fans, cellphone, kindle, laptop, mifi device, and on and on it goes. Going to fire up the generator for the first time this afternoon. I have to make sure I didn't buy a dud off of ebay. Got me some gasoline and just have to drag that puppy outside, add oil, add gas, then follow the instructions on how to get her going.

Wish me luck! Thanks to those of you who are saying prayers for me and my rig. What an adventure.
is all you really need.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 01:08 PM   #111
Carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Sorry but can't read everything right now. Just want to let you all know that I'm fine and on my second day as a boondocker. Left the campground yesterday around 12:30 and have been living free and on-the-cheap. I found an awesome place to spend my days and (so far) a safe, quiet and legal place to park overnight. Not sure how many nights I can get away with it, but I'll do my best.

Just have two weeks to go before leaving CT to head for IN. This is a good period to get used to living off the grid and so I will have a good handle on things when I truly hit the road running.

My UD yesterday was more like a rogue HCG refeed day. I'm trying to make this DD be as close to zero as it can be. I'll be waking up near the drug store with the scale in it tomorrow morning (if I don't get chased off) so I'll weigh tomorrow before drinking or eating anything.

I hope you're all well. I'll read later on but won't probably be doing much in the way of personals. I'm constantly recharging something. Fans, cellphone, kindle, laptop, mifi device, and on and on it goes. Going to fire up the generator for the first time this afternoon. I have to make sure I didn't buy a dud off of ebay. Got me some gasoline and just have to drag that puppy outside, add oil, add gas, then follow the instructions on how to get her going.

Wish me luck! Thanks to those of you who are saying prayers for me and my rig. What an adventure.
I have no clue what a rogue HCG refeed day is, but sounds a little scary- hope it was a good thing.

You are on quite an adventure, so hope you enjoy it and stay safe!

Old 08-16-2017, 01:42 PM   #112
FairyWren
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FairyWren
Stats: 178/144/133 5'4"
Kissa - Aw, Cindy that's sad that Vicky is leaving today - I know how much I miss my daughters even though they're "only" 550 miles away, not even in a different country. We message each other every day - thank heavens for technology eh, it's so good for being able to keep in touch!

Carly - jewellery is such fun to make - I had my beads out yesterday as i've just started doing hand-painted silk scarves and I finish each corner off with beads Yes, you should learn to knit - I knit but think i'm the world's slowest. In 2015 DD1 taught me how to crochet and I love it and think i'm totally obsessed by it - it's so much quicker than knitting! I just bought a book of crochet patterns for baby stuff - DD1's baby is due in January (my first grandchild!).

LibraryGirl - Cindy, i'm in my fourth week back on JUDDD too. Your 4lbs down is pretty good doing 5:2 Heck, a pound a week will soon mount up!

Slow - the app sounds really interesting i'll have to take a look.

Cheryl - I've been wondering how you're getting on! Thanks for the update. Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow Fingers crossed the generator works OK!
Old 08-16-2017, 06:33 PM   #113
CherylB
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Stats: 250/?/150
Start Date: When I'm settled somewhere. I'm not ready.
Generator works! Now I have to figure out how to use it to charge the battery under the hood, cause I drained it to the point that it wouldn't start. Used a 12 volt fan too much today and last night, apparently. Living and learning. It ain't all fun and games.

Night night. I'll try to get caught up tomorrow, after I weigh myself. I hope I'm down a good bit more.
is all you really need.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 07:00 AM   #114
quietnite
Senior LCF Member

Lost 2 pounds after up day. Stayed same after Downd day, JUDDD is weird.

That is all.
Old 08-17-2017, 07:52 AM   #115
Carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietnite View Post
Lost 2 pounds after up day. Stayed same after Downd day, JUDDD is weird.

That is all.
That it is. It's not just JUDDD, though... I think it's the human body that is weird or should I say unpredictable.

Old 08-17-2017, 07:53 AM   #116
Kissa

Cheryl, pleased to hear from you and know that your adventure has begun. Good luck with the generator/battery link up. I hope you can take real pleasure from the freedom you have chosen.

Yes Evie, it is wonderful having technology at our fingertips. When my parents moved to Kuwait with us in the 1950's it was just a weekly letter. Phone calls were for emergencies only. Vicky left last night and has arrived safely. She sent me some beautiful flowers which arrived this morning.

So back to my real life, which is now full with all the theatre we put on hold while she was home. How lucky am?

Quiet... who knows?

Old 08-17-2017, 08:25 AM   #117
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Slow The ice cream cake was lovely, it was 98% ice cream with some M&M candies. When I come back up we need to go to that ice cream shop in Covent Garden!

Carly Nothing like productive workdays! Mine have mostly gone that way for the last couple of weeks.

Evie congrats on your first grandbaby! How wonderful!

Cheryl wishing you luck! You're an intrepid soul.

Librarygirl congrats on the loss! WTG!

Kissa catching up on theatre sounds lovely! Tell us which shows you're going to see.

I got through my 3rd DD fine yesterday. I think I may be back in that wonderful JUDDD mindset (how I was back in Mar/Apr/May) where you're just putting your head down, doing it and not thinking too much about it -- which, for me, is when it is really sustainable and the losses happen.

I made beef brisket stew in my new slow-cooker, with carrots and potatoes (it turned out great) and had 3/4 cup of that, and 3/4 cup of rice for dinner on my DD yesterday...I fasted all day before that. Beef brisket stew leftovers for days is a GOOD thing, guys!

Today (UD) is my belated Mother's Day celebration with my own mom. We are going out for lunch and shopping, there will be wine involved. Should be a fun afternoon.
Old 08-18-2017, 03:42 AM   #118
Kissa

Have a great day with your mother Bluebelle.

On the theatre front, last night we saw the RSC's The Tempest. A good rendition of one of my least favourite of Shakespeare's plays. I ate crisps.... We are seeing a Welsh singer in Caberet tonight, and tomorrow we are at the National Theatre for the day seeing both parts of Angels in America. We've booked for a meal in between plays, a nine hour marathon! Monday we are travelling to Chichester to see Fiddler on the Roof, which I love, as I was in it years ago.

Old 08-18-2017, 06:14 AM   #119
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Wow Cindy 9 hours! It's like the theatre version of binge-watching TV series.

I had an absolutely fabulous day with my mom yesterday. Really took my mind off things for awhile. Shopping and silliness.

Only bad thing is rumbly tummy today - I need to cut coffee out completely on UDs following DDs, it's just a mess.

DD today - and lots of work to get through. This weekend is going to be mostly devoted to helping DS study for exams, which are next week.
Old 08-18-2017, 06:32 AM   #120
Carly

Cindy- that is a theater marathon for sure. I love Angels in America... now I'd really like to see that... hum...

Love Fiddler on the Roof. I've seen it on Broadway twice I believe.

Bluebelle- glad you had a nice time with your mom. I'll be seeing mine this weekend. I don't see her much now that they live in Florida. Has coffee always caused you tummy issues? I'd be sunk if I needed to cut out coffee. I always joke that I have more coffee/ caffeine running through my veins than blood

Can I just say how glad I am that it's Friday!!!! My meeting went well last night, but as predicted didn't end till six, so by the time I walked in my front door last night it was 8pm and I was tired, but needed some time to unwind, so, for me, I went to bed a bit to late and am feeling it this morning.

Tomorrow, DW and I are meeting my sister and mother, who is staying with my sister downtown and we are going to spend the afternoon at Governor's Island, where my sister is a member. Not sure what a membership at Governor's Island entitles you too, but it should be a nice day. Then the 4 of us are going out to dinner. I think we will have fun, but I know I'll be sufficiently tired tomorrow night when we get home, but Sunday will be a crush of errands, so not holding out a lot of hope for rest this weekend.