Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 08-22-2017, 02:17 PM   #151
leonak
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: leonak
Stats: Goal Met July, 2015 - 112!!!!
WOE: JUDDD
C B

Have you tried to park your rv at a church parking lot, our church will allow that so thought I would mention it, we also would do Wal-mart and first go in a ask and they will tell you where to park too.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2017, 02:37 PM   #152
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Vlo1125
Stats: 263/169/155
WOE: Primal w/ JUDDD
Start Date: 2013
Cheryl- forgive me as I haven't read back to see what your back story is but I feel for you! That sounds stressful and scary! If there are legal places to park overnight can you just not call the local police station and let them know ahead of time you'll be parking there overnight? That way when they get any calls they know and wont bother you? Forgive me if that won't work I'm just thinking out loud. Stay safe and I hope you encounter no further issues!

Frosty- psshh fat guy? I don't see a fat guy in that picture! You and your wife look great and not at all old enough to have kids in college!

Tara- I wish I could quit food cold turkey.Amen a million times! We all know food is the worst addiction because you can't stop it cold turkey! I just listened to the podcast, lots to think about. What struck a chord with me was the whole fat acceptance movement, I've never known how I feel about that. When I was bigger of course I wanted people to accept me the way I was and not judge me. But the reason I could never fully get on board that idea was because I didn't accept myself or how I looked and felt and in the end making myself happy was more important than what anyone else thought. But that begs the question am I happier? In some ways I am, I feel pretty and look cute in outfits. I'm more fit and physically able, less lethargic and lazy. But mentally and emotionally I feel feel about the same, my problems didn't go away...I still obsess over food , over what the scale says, over not being thin enough. I saw this little illustration on FB a few months ago that made me incredibly sad, it said " Losing weight is not your life's work, and counting calories is not the call of your soul. You surely are destined for something much greater." isn't it though? This is what consumes me and I hate it, I lack susbstance. People comment how great I look and we have conversation about dieting and then I feel like there nothing more to me sometimes. I feel like the only thing anyone can ever say about me is that I lost a lot of weight. I find myself constantly bringing up my diet or what I can or Can't eat into conversation and then feeling stupid for talking about it at all, like no one cares dude yet you keep talking about it! Talk about diet fatigue, I'm sick of being on, talking about and my whole life being about dieting! Blargh! Sorry got carried away, just know you aren't alone!

Carly- full recovery from ED seems like a dream

Slow- that quote from elementary is spot on!

It's 5:30, no food, only 50 cals cream in my morning coffee. I made my kids and husband their dinners already ( cooking my DH kielbasa was a little torture). I'm going to make it because I am willing it so but will doesn't always win. Even having said all I have about being tired and kind of over it all, what is the alternative? to still have all my problems in life but to add hating the way I look and feel on top of it?! No...I will keep on as long as I have the will to.

Last edited by Vlo1125; 08-22-2017 at 02:50 PM..
Vlo1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 02:39 PM   #153
Sharss
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sharss
Stats: 144/135/125 5'6 1/2" 75yr
WOE: SBD -> JUDDD
Start Date: 5/16/17
Cheryl, bummer with all your bad luck!

I live in an apartment complex and besides parking within the complex, there is also road side parking that is outside the complex. Someone parking there would be normal as no one doesn't know whether it's a guest visiting or not. Just an idea.

Also, just start logging your meals in a spiral notebook. They say we just about eat the same 20 things over and over so it's easy to track since all it takes is looking back at what you already documented. Thats what I do.

If you don't know your food calories yet (most are on the food labels) you can pick up a little booklet that gives different food calories. Again, that's what I use when labels aren't helpful. ie, fruit doesn't have labels.

Hiow your life gets a little easier!

2nd Long Term Goal 135 reached: 6/11/17
Sharss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 02:41 PM   #154
Sharss
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonak View Post
C B

Have you tried to park your rv at a church parking lot, our church will allow that so thought I would mention it, we also would do Wal-mart and first go in a ask and they will tell you where to park too.

I didn't see this Post as I was busy typing. But great ideas.

Old 08-22-2017, 06:15 PM   #155
CherylB
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Stats: 250/228/150
Start Date: 7/12/17
Yes, those are some good ideas. CT is a strange place. It's not like down south or out west. There are rules for every blasted little thing. Uptight. I could try calling the police for the town but that won't stop the idiots from paying me a visit. Still, like you said, the cop wouldn't pay me a visit in the middle of the night.

Not sure on the churches. I actually called around to ask about water baptism and was told I had to be a member of their church. They probably feel the same about their parking lot.

I've even thought of cemeteries. I wouldn't care. Just go back far enough where no one would see me from the road and sleep. Nice and quiet.

I'll have to put more thought into the matter. For now, Walmart is letting me be here in peace. It's terribly disgustingly humid and hot and a severe t-storm is on the way. I'm waiting anxiously for it to arrive. Relief will follow, plus I love storms.

I will try logging my intake on a pad. If I wait much longer to get back with the program, it will all be for nothing. I can't be this wimped out. Goodnight, good day and have a lovely whatever. I'm going to bed soon. Need to walk the pooch before it starts to rain so I gotta run.
is all you really need.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 02:37 AM   #156
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/110/100-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
Gillian Riley has a post that might be useful on her site

eatingless

Post title: Food addiction in our culture

There's also a disturbing but (to me) eye-opening article about food addiction in the

guardian

Article name: A food addiction has defined my entire life. And it is slowly killing me
Author: Melanie Tait

And for the people who haven't read it, I find the discussion of neuroscience of anorexia has many implications and perspectives for how we form habits and continue in behaviours that we know to be harmful:

nymag

Title: The Neuroscience of Anorexia Reveals Why It’s So Hard to Treat
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 05:00 AM   #157
Carly
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/123.2/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyBeav View Post

At the wedding, my son managed to get a picture of this fat guy and his amazing wife.
You do not look fat at all Frosty! I hope your migraine is all gone now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
My life since leaving the campground to live a boondocking existence has been one eye-opener after another. I'm only 1 week into it and I can't leave CT (financially) until after Labor Day. That's a very long time to try to find places that are legal to park overnight.
Gosh- I hope things have settled down. I'm sure it would be as hard or harder to park in down-state New York. I live 30 minutes outside the city and it's illegal to park on the streets overnight.

It makes parking spots insanely expensive. Our Walmart, Target, Grocery store all have metered parking, which I know is not the norm most places in the US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlo1125 View Post

It's 5:30, no food, only 50 cals cream in my morning coffee. I made my kids and husband their dinners already ( cooking my DH kielbasa was a little torture). I'm going to make it because I am willing it so but will doesn't always win. Even having said all I have about being tired and kind of over it all, what is the alternative? to still have all my problems in life but to add hating the way I look and feel on top of it?! No...I will keep on as long as I have the will to.
This is so true and basically keeps me going even when I feel like I don;t want to. I'm just feeling like food and calories and body image thoughts/ chatter are taking up to much brain space... not sure what is causing it nor what to do about changing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post

And for the people who haven't read it, I find the discussion of neuroscience of anorexia has many implications and perspectives for how we form habits and continue in behaviours that we know to be harmful:

nymag

Title: The Neuroscience of Anorexia Reveals Why It’s So Hard to Treat
I'm going to check this out.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 05:34 AM   #158
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

We had some small discussion about the neuroscience piece almost 2 years ago (pg 4, as linked): http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...norexia&page=4
Old 08-23-2017, 06:26 AM   #159
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bluebelle
Stats: 208/193/150 5'3"
Start Date: March 1st, 2017
Quote:
Even having said all I have about being tired and kind of over it all, what is the alternative? to still have all my problems in life but to add hating the way I look and feel on top of it?! No...I will keep on as long as I have the will to.
Truer words have never been spoken! What is there left to say about this topic really?! It is what it is.

Shout-out to trim Frosty in his photo! No fat guy there, by a mile.

UD yesterday - started out incredibly stressful because my work computer died a horrible death, right before I had an urgent deadline. Basically other colleagues had to do my my work for me (it look like 4 hours to get a replacement computer). It was the facepalmiest moment ever, although obviously not my fault. While we waited for the IT guys to wrangle up the replacement, DH and I got breakfast, did errands, bought clothes for DS, etc. He remarked later how fun it is to hang out together even if it's just errand-doing, and he's right.

My trend on the last two UDs is to not eat up to calories? Like I have kind of lost interest in "getting it all while I can." I only eat things I absolutely want to eat. I know the next UD is always only a day away. Anyway, my waist feels smaller. Today is my 11th day back on JUDDD, it's gone by in a flash.

Have to go back into the office today for a meeting - ugh. Don't feel like getting dolled up today!

DH and DS are heading to the beach for the weekend (to visit DH's family - they live in a beach town), and I'm staying home to mind the dogs and feed DS' pet fish. Relishing the idea of some time alone My Mom has also planned another big shopping excursion for us on Sunday, which I can't wait for.
Old 08-23-2017, 06:39 AM   #160
Carly

Quote:
We had some small discussion about the neuroscience piece almost 2 years ago (pg 4, as linked): http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...norexia&page=4
I read the article- it definitely makes sense. For me, I'm not sure what is going on, since for a very, very, long time I did not have any real recurrences of these restricting thoughts and overly self critical thoughts, so... maybe just a bump in the road.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

Old 08-23-2017, 07:41 AM   #161
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
For me, I'm not sure what is going on, since for a very, very, long time I did not have any real recurrences of these restricting thoughts and overly self critical thoughts, so... maybe just a bump in the road.
I hope it's a bump in the road for you - I seem to be having one.

For a while, I've been successful in managing nausea but it's possible that I'm having a blip with my neck that is leading to nausea in the mornings. When I have nausea, I'm attracted to and aware of sweet foods - literally items that I've ignored for years even tho' they surround me. I'm now having to manage my attraction to these items and it's profoundly irritating because I didn't ever think about them before and now I'm waiting some of my cognitive energy in talking myself out of having them, IYSWIM. And at a time when I'm not feeling that good. Grr.

I'm annoyed that it's literally years since I've noticed these foods and I didn't even have a habit of being attracted to them but it now seems that I have acquired this new habit along with the need to break it.
Old 08-23-2017, 08:05 AM   #162
Carly

Quote:
I hope it's a bump in the road for you - I seem to be having one.

For a while, I've been successful in managing nausea but it's possible that I'm having a blip with my neck that is leading to nausea in the mornings. When I have nausea, I'm attracted to and aware of sweet foods - literally items that I've ignored for years even tho' they surround me. I'm now having to manage my attraction to these items and it's profoundly irritating because I didn't ever think about them before and now I'm waiting some of my cognitive energy in talking myself out of having them, IYSWIM. And at a time when I'm not feeling that good. Grr.

I'm annoyed that it's literally years since I've noticed these foods and I didn't even have a habit of being attracted to them but it now seems that I have acquired this new habit along with the need to break it.
Did you re-introduce something to your diet that you weren't previously eating? Can the sweet taste be satisfied with something artificially sweetened or something that is naturally sweet, but not sugar laden?

Do you know what is causing the nausea? When I feel nauseated there is NO food that seems appealing to me, but I know some people say that certain foods help when they are nauseous.

For me this bump in the road came out of no where- starting in May and I just can't totally shake it off. I also have no idea what triggered it. I'm trying not to indulge most of thoughts, but the thoughts and mental energy drain are not so great either.

Old 08-23-2017, 08:38 AM   #163
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Vlo1125
Stats: 263/169/155
WOE: Primal w/ JUDDD
Start Date: 2013
Slow- going to read some of the articles you posted today. I also crave bread or
Sweets when I'm nauseous. Like Carly said Maybe baking some healthy treats will help you stay away from the not so good ones!

Carly- it's concerning that this bump in the road came on after so long of you not experiencing it. For me it comes in spurts, every couple months I get what I like to call my diet fatigue tantrum and then I have to talk myself out of it or try something new to keep me motivated. It really sucks so much of this is mental, it's exhausting!

Bluebelle- word! Nothing left to say it def is what it is! A weekend to yourself? I'm totes jealous, what I would give! Enjoy it! Congrats on getting back in the judd groove!

Cheryl- hope the storm relaxed you!

Sharss- good advice

So I fasted 36 hours, weighed nearly 4 lbs less this morning than yesterday. It's amazing how 1 fasting day has taken away the stomach bloat I've been walking around with for nearly 2 months. I had breakfast this morning which was odd as I've been skipping it all summer. Trying to pay attention to my hunger ques , I'm still full from breakfast so I'm hoping to push back lunch till 1 or 2.
Ugh just remembered I had strawberries on the stove to make chia jam and they scorched sigh well going to be cooking today , I have really dropped the ball with it lately and it is something that helps keep me on track. Also entered all my foods that i plan to eat in my tracker and it has me coming in at 1803 calories. Now there's just sticking to it! Lunch is going to be bacon spinach zucchini alfredo and Dinner is going to be meatball Parmesan casserole. I was going to have yogurt with strawberry chia jam for dessert but I guess that's out now I'll probably just have some enlightened.

Goal right now is to get back into the 160's( 2.8 lbs away) and then after that under 163. Sigh
Vlo1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 10:25 AM   #164
FrostyBeav
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: FrostyBeav
Stats: 231/217/160
WOE: EOD JUDDD
Start Date: 9/25/16
Quote:
Frosty- psshh fat guy? I don't see a fat guy in that picture! You and your wife look great and not at all old enough to have kids in college!
Quote:
You do not look fat at all Frosty! I hope your migraine is all gone now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebelle View Post
Shout-out to trim Frosty in his photo! No fat guy there, by a mile.
Thanks all but the side view tells the tale. It is what it is and I am pretty motivated currently to work on it, so it's all good.

Carly, the migraine is mostly gone today. Still a little bit of what I call the migraine ghost but it's on its way out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wedding2.jpg (21.5 KB, 31 views)
Old 08-23-2017, 10:29 AM   #165
Carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyBeav View Post
Thanks all but the side view tells the tale. It is what it is and I am pretty motivated currently to work on it, so it's all good.
Nothing wrong with motivation. Motivation is more than half the battle, but still far from "fat guy". Just sayin'

Old 08-23-2017, 01:37 PM   #166
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Can the sweet taste be satisfied with something artificially sweetened or something that is naturally sweet, but not sugar laden?

Do you know what is causing the nausea? When I feel nauseated there is NO food that seems appealing to me, but I know some people say that certain foods help when they are nauseous.
There's a congenital scoliosis in my neck and I have multiple anomalies in the vertebrae there. From time to time, these act up and I just have to wait it out or adapt some exercises around it until it comes good again.
Mostly, these things deteriorate with age but I've been fortunate in managing mine pretty well over the years - I think I've been going through a rough patch with the neck and that's related to the nausea in the morning (it's the lying down that does it as it's difficult to find a position that accommodates my back, neck, and shoulders so when I get up, I have the usual arthritic stiffness but recently I also don't have much use of my left arm for a while and I have nausea).

Quote:
Like Carly said Maybe baking some healthy treats will help you stay away from the not so good ones!
By and large, I just can't spend the calories that way.

I've had a lot of nausea over the years (neck or a neurological problem) but as the neurological problem had been helped so much by JUDDD, I'd grown accustomed to living without it. I'll get through it, I just resent suddenly being aware of, and attracted to, sweet things in the hope of alleviating it.
Old 08-23-2017, 01:49 PM   #167
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Lunch is going to be bacon spinach zucchini alfredo and Dinner is going to be meatball Parmesan casserole
Can I come over?!
Old 08-23-2017, 06:07 PM   #168
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

All right. Didn't manage a DD today - but I did do a MD at 1,000 cals (better than a UD!). TOM is here, which is probably partly to blame for tired, need-calories feeling. DH and I went to get a hot chocolate and small cheese croissant while DS was at taekwondo, and that put me over the top. Whatever - I'll do a 500 cal deficit somewhere else in the week

Horribly unproductive day at work today - office days usually are. Need to get back into the groove tomorrow.
Old 08-23-2017, 07:32 PM   #169
Sharss
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebelle View Post
Can I come over?!
That was my thought too!

Old 08-24-2017, 02:19 AM   #170
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Nipping away for a couple of days - no idea about the internet connection there so might not reappear until the weekend.
Old 08-24-2017, 04:36 AM   #171
FairyWren
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FairyWren
Stats: 178/146/133 5'4"
Just catching up on all the chat - had a massive thunderstorm and torrential rain of almost tropical proportions the night before last and the lightning knocked out our phone line and broadband. Phone line fixed this morning but broadband is still playing up and is slow as dial up!

Slow - have a good couple of days and hope you feeling better soon
Cheryl - Thinking of you, will try and catch up on your news in your journal shortly...
Old 08-24-2017, 04:59 AM   #172
Carly

Slow- enjoy your time away!

Vlo- your lunch and dinner sure sounded yummy.

__________________________________________________ _____

I'm super tired and feeling pretty unmotivated at work this week. Next week I have Thursday and Friday off and the holiday on Monday. I think I just need some time off.

DW and I are going to St. Thomas in November, so that should be wonderful and we need to set aside a long weekend to visit my parents in Florida in late February or March.

Did I mention that I'm tired...

Old 08-24-2017, 06:19 AM   #173
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Slow hope you have a wonderful get-away

Carly St. Thomas! That's wonderful!! Hope you get your energy back soon. Going to bed at 9 yesterday was a good start, but I still feel super behind.

UD today - need coffee and waffles STAT! I think I am going to be making some luscious food today.
Old 08-24-2017, 06:29 AM   #174
Carly

Yum- waffles! I might need to have waffles for dinner...

Old 08-24-2017, 08:24 AM   #175
kwerp
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kwerp
Stats: 153/136/124
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyWren View Post
Just catching up on all the chat - had a massive thunderstorm and torrential rain of almost tropical proportions the night before last and the lightning knocked out our phone line and broadband. Phone line fixed this morning but broadband is still playing up and is slow as dial up!
Wow, that's impressive for Scottish weather? I've yet to see a massive thunderstorm since I moved to Edinburgh (5 years ago).
kwerp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 12:14 PM   #176
Carly

All day it's been feeling like Friday- this has been a loooong week. At least tomorrow is Friday.

Old 08-24-2017, 03:54 PM   #177
quietnite
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: quietnite
Lost a pound today and first physical therapy appt. for my knees. DD went well today and I feel good. Hope everyone is having a good day!

back again April 2017

WOE:JUDDD
quietnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 05:00 AM   #178
Carly

Yay! It's Friday!!!! I think this may actually be a somewhat relaxing weekend. All the usual errands, but no additional stuff like doctors appointment, dentist appointment or other things.

Hope everyone is doing well!

I haven't seen Phoenix or Portia post in while. Hope they OK.

Old 08-25-2017, 06:30 AM   #179
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Ugh agree with Carly! It's been the loooongest week for some reason. TGIF!

I feel bad because yesterday was a pretty decadent UD (I made pecan bars and there were lots of snacks in the afternoon), but today is going to have to be either a MD or UD, because I need to adjust rotations for Sunday to be a UD (my mom has a huge shopping trip planned for us, and wants us to get lunch before. No way I can do all that on 500 cals without passing out). It's better to DD tomorrow anyway with the guys gone.

ETA: Yes, where are Phoenix and Portia? Barbo too. Hope all is well with them.

Last edited by Bluebelle; 08-25-2017 at 06:31 AM..
Bluebelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 06:59 AM   #180
Carly

I am so cold. My little heater is going full blast, but it's not helping. It's probably not helping that I'm super tired too. I have an 11am meeting with my boss, so need to perk up before then.