Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 08-10-2017, 05:26 AM   #61
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: deanslist
Stats: 5'3.5" 185/125/120-123
WOE: Stillman diet/flexibility on weekends
Start Date: 1999 (Atkins) Lost most of my weight
Bratty you sound very focused yet realistic. I resort to higher fat at times too when I just cannot get the chicken or turkey down anymore.. lol. In those cases lean burgers taste like heaven..especially with the reduced sugar ketchup

Jeanie, I hope everything goes smoothly with the house, I have a feeling it will! It's nice you have some days away to look forward to also!

I slept great last night- was sleeping before 10 and woke up at 5:14, one minute before the alarm went off. No night waking, no melatonin for a long time now.

Looking forward to weighing tomorrow although I suspect I'm going to be the same. I managed a 8:49 mile yesterday and followed it up with a 9:13 and some push ups and abs. Nice dopamine boost and I had energy for the 'night chores.'

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Melissa's Headroom
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=889720

Desperately Seeking Balance
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=890147

Last edited by deanslist; 08-10-2017 at 05:28 AM..
deanslist is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2017, 05:36 AM   #62
jeaniem
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 170/129.8/125-130 5'1
WOE: lc
Thanks Melissa I appreciate the prayer! I slept better the last 2 nights but have been taking 1 benadryl. I tried taking 2 at first, which oddly did not work I think the trick for me is not to push through and try to stay up past tired!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...d.php?t=883453
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 05:13 AM   #63
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey everyone! Came in to report weigh-in day. Drum roll...

Nothing. Yeah, I stayed the same for the second week in a row. My body is getting super comfortable at 126 but that's not horrible because I get stuck on set points like 132, 130, etc.. and it seems to take my body a while to settle at a new number. So I can look at it as maintaining, or 'helping' my body get used to a new set point...LOL

I guess there are pros and cons to this. The pros are that I can maintain on 1500 cals and 50 carbs a day, possibly more if I pushed it higher. Bad news is I eat too much at times and if I want to lose I need to create more of a calorie deficit.

I'd like to teach myself how to be satisfied with less, because my tendency to overeat even healthy foods is still there. For dinner I like to have a large bowl of ground turkey and top it off with yogurt mixed with protein powder. The yogurt is highly palatable to me and I loooooove it and it's easy to overeat. So I need to scale that back.

I will still have the yogurt but probably just 1-2x per day as opposed to 3x and cut the turkey portions in half. I'll try to stay under 1000 cals if possible.

I did run three miles outside yesterday which was nice, it was a sunny day and a nice deviation from the treadmill.

Looks to be a fun and busy weekend.. it's DD6's birthday party tomorrow and a BBQ on Sunday, although it looks to be rainy. I just need to get through the workweek next week and then I'll have 5 days off and our road trip to look forward to.

Hope all of you ladies are doing well!

Melissa's Headroom

Last edited by deanslist; 08-11-2017 at 05:17 AM..
Old 08-11-2017, 09:30 AM   #64
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 194/121/125 5'2"
WOE: QWL/Inches Off
Start Date: 1/3/15
Good Morning Everyone!!

DL - you are amazing. Congrats on keeping control of the food plan, and continuing to exercise. I love all the progress you are making! Enjoy the party and BBQ this weekend. Hope your daughter has a wonderful birthday!!

Jeanie - Hoping you can get this house business out of the way soon so you can start getting a good night sleep again! It sounds like everything else is going right!! YAY!

Bratty!! I want this for you soooooo bad. Be strict and get er done. Lay out the allowable foods in your brain or write it down and never cross that line. In 2 months you can be over and done with it!! A new you!! Im rooting for ya!!

Amy - You should check in more often!! Would love to hear more about your daily happenings!!

honeypie - I sure hope you are ready to rock this again soon. Im so sorry that it has been tough. Please do come back. We are here to encourage, and offer hugs for the next stage of your journey. I really wish you could try a week without that yummy yogurt. Im wondering if that is standing in the way of complete appetite suppressant. I know you use it to keep you sane and for health benefits, and in theory it should be allowed, but I want you to experience the magic of QWL, so bad, and I dont want you to have to wait for it any longer!! Hugs!! xoxox

MIM - Always thinking of you! Hope all is well!! Ive been cooking up a storm with the instant pot and would love to compare notes!!
W3: -5 lbs. / W11: -2 lbs. / W19: -3 lbs. / W3: -4
W4: -1 lbs. / W12: -2 lbs. / W20: -2 lbs. / W4:
W5: -3 lbs. / W13: -3 lbs. / W21: -0 lbs.
W6: -4 lbs. / W14: -3 lbs. / W22: -2 lbs.
W7: -4 lbs. / W15: -2 lbs. / W23: -5 lbs.
W8: -2 lbs. / W16: -5 lbs. / W24: -1 lbs.
aleriaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 10:02 AM   #65
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

As for me, I have maintained this week! Thats good and bad. Im still eating meat/fish only, incorporating a wide variety, and removing skin, or draining fat, but not being as strict as I was while QWLing it. I added the ketchup, which turned into buying the reduced sugar stuff, which turned into making a "quick ro" of chicken breast cooked with chicken stock and salsa in the instant pot. As soon as I make the meat more tasty, I automatically eat more of it and that quick ro was off the charts!

(I actually do not suggest adding ketchup or blended salsa to the meat of anyone that has a lot to lose. Use broth, mustard or hot sauce just to be able to swallow it. Dont enjoy your food. I guess that my secret. Save the tasty food when you go out to eat or are around others that may judge what you are doing. Like ordering the steak, and putting a tiny splash of steak sauce or ketchup on the side then dont use it cause the steak will be so amazing by itself. Again, I swear no one will notice that you are not eating the rest of your meal. Its nobodies business what we are doing. Just kidding!! )

So..... its great that I didnt gain (or lose even ) but not so great that all it took was to add ketchup/salsa to halt the entire process altogether. Im not complaining as this was a nice change this week, and Id probably have to do things this way for another 2 weeks to see what the true outcome is. I'll be around for the weekend but then Im off for almost 3 weeks. Lots of day trips, camping, staycations, and an anniversary coming up!! and I have no real diet plans set!! Guess I better figure it out with the quickness!

I hope you guys dont mind when I share my thoughts and suggestions. I have been through this so many times by now and just want to help. Please pray that I never have to do it again. xoxox
Old 08-11-2017, 01:05 PM   #66
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
As for me, I have maintained this week! Thats good and bad. Im still eating meat/fish only, incorporating a wide variety, and removing skin, or draining fat, but not being as strict as I was while QWLing it. I added the ketchup, which turned into buying the reduced sugar stuff, which turned into making a "quick ro" of chicken breast cooked with chicken stock and salsa in the instant pot. As soon as I make the meat more tasty, I automatically eat more of it and that quick ro was off the charts!

(I actually do not suggest adding ketchup or blended salsa to the meat of anyone that has a lot to lose. Use broth, mustard or hot sauce just to be able to swallow it. Dont enjoy your food. I guess that my secret. Save the tasty food when you go out to eat or are around others that may judge what you are doing. Like ordering the steak, and putting a tiny splash of steak sauce or ketchup on the side then dont use it cause the steak will be so amazing by itself. Again, I swear no one will notice that you are not eating the rest of your meal. Its nobodies business what we are doing. Just kidding!! )

So..... its great that I didnt gain (or lose even ) but not so great that all it took was to add ketchup/salsa to halt the entire process altogether. Im not complaining as this was a nice change this week, and Id probably have to do things this way for another 2 weeks to see what the true outcome is. I'll be around for the weekend but then Im off for almost 3 weeks. Lots of day trips, camping, staycations, and an anniversary coming up!! and I have no real diet plans set!! Guess I better figure it out with the quickness!

I hope you guys dont mind when I share my thoughts and suggestions. I have been through this so many times by now and just want to help. Please pray that I never have to do it again. xoxox
That is very kind, but I'm not that amazing. You are! Hugely inspiring. You've convinced me to stop pussyfooting around. Time for me to do some old school Stillmans and see what happens. I'm going to commit to one week starting tomorrow morning. No more yogurt, yummy protein powder, RS ketchup, CL. Just for a week and see how I do. I'm not going to enforce long term restrictions just yet.

Sad but true, the yummy yogurt I overeat, the turkey with FF sour cream and RS ketchup-- too good, too gobble-able. Oh yeah and that means you're out too, winky jello. Oh yeah.
And gum. You too beloved gum. I'm hopelessly addicted to sugarless gum.

Dry tuna, lean turkey, black coffee, HB eggs, here I come.

Wish me luck!!

Melissa's Headroom

Last edited by deanslist; 08-11-2017 at 01:10 PM..
Old 08-11-2017, 01:39 PM   #67
jeaniem
Blabbermouth!!!

AL and Melissa you are my heroes I do not think I could ever do strict stillman's!

Right now I am in a depressed funk

Old 08-11-2017, 02:00 PM   #68
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

DL and Jeanie!! Aww you guys!! Thank you. You dont have to do strict Stillman, nor would I suggest it. You two should be working to find the balance of foods that keeps you where you are. If you really have to see what losing 5 or 10 more pounds looks and feels like, then I will help get you there, but I really don't think its necessary. You've already done the hard part. Youre thin! (I type outloud to everyone in our group here but also try to reach those that don't post that happen to just read along. I fully believe in the power of this plan. It is a miracle.)

DL - Youre funny. LOL Keep the jello. Winky wink. Its fun to be strict and set a challenge. I get it. If you remove those items from your plan, I bet you lose 3-5 pounds. But you WILL be cranky. Also, be prepared for the same QWL flu when you give up that ketchup and Im guessing you wont be able to work out like you do now. Decide whats more important. Im also thinking that even though you weigh a certain amount, with the miles you are running and the other workouts you do, you must have some heavy muscle on them bones!! Stop looking at the scale. I know its hard!!

BTW.. Im eating plain pork today til I get home and I feel the dull headache. My body is screaming GIVE ME SUUUUGGGGAAAAARR. I neeeeeeeed ketchup Darn that glorious sweet vinagery dip.
Old 08-11-2017, 02:02 PM   #69
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

Jeanie - I hope I didn't depress you!! I should keep my fingers tied!!
Old 08-11-2017, 02:11 PM   #70
jeaniem
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Jeanie - I hope I didn't depress you!! I should keep my fingers tied!!
Oh no no no you didn't depress me at all! I love your posts and do know that if I ever want to lose another 5 I would follow your advice and do strict stillman's.

I am depressed about issues with my family and the home buying...

Old 08-11-2017, 02:17 PM   #71
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

Phew! Im relieved but Im sorry for the stuff you have going on!! I cant even tell you, "Oh jeanie, nothing a nap wont fix", which is the advice I give myself every other day. LOL true confessions..
Old 08-11-2017, 03:21 PM   #72
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
DL and Jeanie!! Aww you guys!! Thank you. You dont have to do strict Stillman, nor would I suggest it. You two should be working to find the balance of foods that keeps you where you are. If you really have to see what losing 5 or 10 more pounds looks and feels like, then I will help get you there, but I really don't think its necessary. You've already done the hard part. Youre thin! (I type outloud to everyone in our group here but also try to reach those that don't post that happen to just read along. I fully believe in the power of this plan. It is a miracle.)

DL - Youre funny. LOL Keep the jello. Winky wink. Its fun to be strict and set a challenge. I get it. If you remove those items from your plan, I bet you lose 3-5 pounds. But you WILL be cranky. Also, be prepared for the same QWL flu when you give up that ketchup and Im guessing you wont be able to work out like you do now. Decide whats more important. Im also thinking that even though you weigh a certain amount, with the miles you are running and the other workouts you do, you must have some heavy muscle on them bones!! Stop looking at the scale. I know its hard!!

BTW.. Im eating plain pork today til I get home and I feel the dull headache. My body is screaming GIVE ME SUUUUGGGGAAAAARR. I neeeeeeeed ketchup Darn that glorious sweet vinagery dip.
Ah I know. Vanity pounds. I'm never satisfied!! But you get it; that dopamine boost of setting a new challenge!! I'm sure it will suck a little. All that Winky Aspartame can't be good for me though, right?

If I'm weak and cranky I definitely won't force myself to run. I do have my limits

Jeanie I hope you get out of your funk and feel better tomorrow- what a difference a day makes- trite but true

Melissa's Headroom

Old 08-11-2017, 04:03 PM   #73
jeaniem
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks AL and Melissa. I just feel like running away from home today

Old 08-11-2017, 05:44 PM   #74
OhAmy
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: OhAmy
Stats: 298/149/183/140
WOE: Keto
Start Date: 3/25/14 and today
Hi everyone,

I think you're amazing people to stick to this! It is hard. I lost well when I followed strictly for two weeks but I started getting dizziness, headaches and more depression. Not blaming Stillman's because there have been many factors. Thinking of fasting during my vacation next week to clear my head/reset. I don't know if I will ever weigh myself again.

***I am super impressed with you Stillies!***
Old 08-11-2017, 06:47 PM   #75
honeypie
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: honeypie
Hi Ladies!

And nice to see you back, Al. To answer your comment to me: I haven't eaten any yoghurt for days and days and days. The yogurt is not an issue for me. As you know, I lost 5 and 6 lbs per week with it, after I was already very low carb for the last 3+ months before.

I'm currently not eating yogurt, but that is not where the roblem stemmed from. I'm currently not posting in this thread daily because I'm not able to keep to meat only, if there are discussions in the thread of off plan foods, of what people did have, of what people wanted to have and did not have, etc. etc.

When someone is feeling strong on their plan, conversations like those are like water off a duck's back. But non-allowed food items being discussed can also lead to going off plan for a lot of people, and that is not anything unique here to this thread.

So I get that these are normal conversations and that no one means any harm when they mention something in passing, but the diet is too strict for me to be on it as it is written, AND for the support thread, to be veering in non-allowed food choices. It is definitely my personal headspace right now, and not a problem with anything else.

So I think if anyone else IS off plan, they SHOULD be able to come and ask for support here, from the rest of the group.

Unfortunately though, I was tempted to go off plan too, with a protein shake. A protein shake it not the end of world. But being tempted to go off of Stillmans, didn't work for me, and I am still paying the price on the scale 4 days later, after 900 kcal of meat only per day, and I am STILL up on the scale from the one single protein shake.

So the repercussions of going off plan just aren't worth it. I have had many, many weeks in my life of doing Stillmans as a meat-only plan. And while that is also what I was doing this week, it also paves the way for the biggest failure, if it means that I am A) tempted to go off plan, and B) paying for a low carb protein shake for a 4+ days.

I also think that I am additionally right on the cusp of heading into my big TWO TOM-related NON-losing weeks of the month, so this is especially brutal right now, that the scale did this.

I am on plan, but I need to keep it that way, ESPECIALLY while the scale is not going to be cooperating with me, ongoing again over the next week.

So I am just going to post my weekly weight in the other thread I started for tomorrow, and then maybe I can rejoin normal posting with you guys in another week or so.

It's just really too hard to keep focus otherwise right now, as I feel like my head got really distracted and on the wrong track for a few days, and I just wanted to make sure to nip that in the bud.

But I think it sounds like you ladies are all doing GREAT!!!!!!

Keep it going, and I expect you all to be even THINNER, by this time next week!!! And I think you ALL WILL BE!
Week 4, 07/29: -5.1 lbs
honeypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 04:26 AM   #76
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

Oh Amy!! So glad you checked in! You are right! It is hard. So sorry you had ill effects. Im not sure how much you have dabbled in Stillmans plans but check out his 14 Day shape up plan in the sticky on the main page. That may be a better next step for you than fasting next week. I almost feel like QWL is a fast. Enjoy your vacation no matter what!!
Old 08-12-2017, 04:57 AM   #77
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

Honeypie!! Thank thank thank you for taking the time to explain, my friend. I think I totally misunderstood what you were going through, and when I read back your last post it is much more clear now. Again, Im sorry its been tough on you. I believe you are much stronger than you think woman. You did not go off the rails here. You drank a low carb shake. If that was not the next best choice to get you through the day with the least amount of damage, I dont know what is. I havent experienced the weight gain/lack of loss during my monthly cycle, but Im guessing that any weight you dont lose this week will be off by next! Like your 6 pound loss week. Your body held on to 3 lbs water weight, then let it go, plus another 3 lbs of fat! The beauty of it!!

You are an asset to this group. I really wish you had the time to post even more. You have all the facts, you are able to so eloquently explain to us (and the rest of the stillies out there) all the time. People need to hear you. Seriously. They need to see your amazing progress, and amazing progress will come. I am so happy that you, taking time off, meant the posting and not time off "off" plan.

I will remember to choose my words wisely in the future when it comes to unmentionables. I know you know we mean no harm, right?. We like to check in and chat often when we have the time so things ultimately get brought up. Some of us like to talk or write or prepare or (watch ) food that we know we cant eat to get the "fix" without the regret. (Guilty! here ) and sometimes theres just nothing else to talk about after we already dissed chicken for the day. LOL

You and bratty are why Im still here. (along with not gaining my weight back) I need to see you do this and I have faith you will. As for me, jeanie, and DL.. well we need a different kind of support. Its a scary thing to be so close or at goal and not know what to do next.

Looking forward to hearing from you after your break. You are still going to rock this!! xoxox
Old 08-12-2017, 05:25 AM   #78
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning stillyheads!! Im happy to report my weight has remained stable for the last 24 hrs.

Yesterday was a 100% pork day. I prepared the 8 pounder in the instant pot a few days ago. It took about 80 minutes total, as opposed to 8hrs in the slowcooker. It held together just enough for me to remove all the visible fat, and it was on a trivet/platform so the rest of the fat was drained off. The extremely strange thing is it tastes exactly and looks exactly like dark meat chicken. I did not add any seasonings to it, just salt and pepper during cooking.

My other amazing pot story is the frozen chicken breasts. 5 of them, with the recommended amount of liquid and added seasoning, cooked those babies in about 45 minutes. From frozen to shreddable! voila!

DL - Enjoy the birthday party today!!! Hope your daughter has a blast!

Jeanie - Hope you got a good nights sleep and woke up with a smile! My little guy hopped in bed with me in the middle of the night and I was devastated thinking it was 5AM (this is the time he normally wakes me up on my days off), and I thought I missed my alarm for work!! Luckily, it was 2AM and I was able to get more sleep!! But just having that interruption made it very tough to get going today. Im better now though after 2 cups of joe!!
Old 08-12-2017, 06:11 AM   #79
jeaniem
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks AL, yes I slept much better. Hope your joe gets you through the day! I call it my go juice!!

HP- I think I mentioned the low carb protein shake? Honestly, I have thought often that I should not post in this thread but .....

Old 08-12-2017, 06:17 AM   #80
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

hahahaha! Go juice! I love it! Nothing better next to a good nights sleep!!
Old 08-12-2017, 06:57 AM   #81
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Stillies!!!

honeypie thanks for explaining your situation. I hope I didn't say anything that was triggering, other than my love of Quest protein powder which you already know about. lol. If there are rules as far as what we are supposed to (or not supposed to) talk about please let me know and I'll try to comply. I'm still a newbie here and learning the ropes, but I certainly don't want to do anything that throws someone off plan. At any rate, I agree with AL and I REALLY hope you stick around. You are a wealth of information and you've been at this a lot longer than I and know a lot of the pitfalls and the ins and outs. However I totally understand if you need to step away for a spell. HUGS!

AL, you're rockin the pork. Were you cranky during the pork day? I get that way during my egg days although I like them. I think I am going to miss my ground turkey big time. It's too good, and I eat too much of it. I need to save that for later. Yogurt too. It's not goodbye for ever, just see you later.. lol.

Yesterday went well. In the past, knowing I was going to 'get strict' in a day, I would've done it up with a bunch of carbs and cheats and I did not do that! I ended the day at 1460 cals. I had to pick up a few last minute things for my little one's birthday after work, so DH was at Walmart school supply shopping with the kids and fighting people for the last flair pen while I was strolling around the mall by myself. LOL. I stopped by Sears which is going out of business in that particular mall (I was not at the Mall of America, I wasn't feeling that adventurous) and found some school shoes for them that were 75% off. Also had to stop at Claires as DD wants to get her ears re-pierced. I finished off with an iced coffee before I left and then went home and meditated. HAHA! I was trying to steel my resolve to start the strict plan today, which I am doing!!

DH texted me to say he and the kids were stopping at Burger King before coming home and did I want to meet them there. Well, again, a small part of me wanted to 'do it up' as a sort of last supper, but I quickly got that thought out of my head because I don't want to do a bunch of damage control and I'd really like to lose 3 lbs at least in the coming week. I had a plain Whopper with no bun which was 210 cals. higher fat indeed but definitely could've been much worse.

So I am up and at em after sleeping a great 8 hours (must've been the Whopper, lol) and ready to do this Stillmans OLD SCHOOL style. So far I've had black coffee and water and will probably have hard boiled eggs in a bit. I know it's gonna suck but I'm weirdly excited about it in a way.

Jeanie, I'm glad you're feeling better today.. I'm sure there's not harm in you mentioning a protein shake! I never would've known one could do so much damage.

Party today...I think we are pretty well set. Goodie bags are ready, presents are wrapped, DH just has to pick up the cake and balloons this morning and then we'll show up at the swim school at 12.

I will check in later to let you know how my military Stillman plan is going.. haha!!

Have a wonderful day!

Melissa's Headroom

Last edited by deanslist; 08-12-2017 at 07:00 AM..
Old 08-12-2017, 04:06 PM   #82
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

Hey there DL! You are always the busy little bee!! Thats the way to get it done. To get it ALL done!! Great job. You are gonna do fantastic this week. Hardcore it woman and get those pesky last pounds off!!

Oh! and I did ROCK that pork! LOLOL I ate the entire thing myself! In my defense it was over the course of a few days. I do really well on one food, cuz Im crazy like that.

Today Im back to chicken though! and probably tomorrow too, to use it up. Then I will move on to steak and burgers. Were going camping for a few days this week, so thankfully chicken will be out of the picture!
Old 08-12-2017, 04:23 PM   #83
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm still hanging in there. Water, black coffee, HB eggs, some lean turkey. I think I'm at 760 cals and like 2 carbs. Lol. Oh yeah, and tuna. Skipped the pizza and cake at the party, which was wonderful and stress-free. DD and her buddies all had fun..we came home, sat on the deck awhile..DH is cutting the grass now. I definitely have less energy than when I'm rockin da fat and I'm a bit owly. I have one leftover stevia root beer and I reeeeallly want it..

Al, I do well on one food too... like when I do egg days or even the potato hack. For some reason it's a lot easier. When I limit my options to a few foods its harder to get into trouble! I could hardly choke down the tuna at lunch, I don't think I could ever binge on that unless it was saturated with mayo, of course!!

We are going to a BBQ tomorrow and i think they're grilling brats..it might turn into one of my 'pretend to eat' deals.

Melissa's Headroom

Last edited by deanslist; 08-12-2017 at 04:26 PM..
Old 08-13-2017, 05:49 AM   #84
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

Yum tuna! NOT! lololol

Our QWL group back in 2009 used to hide tuna packets everywhere!!! In the car, desk drawers, luggage for vacation, handbags! lololol Those packets have just enough juice to swallow it down. (that is just so gross ) But let nothing stand in the way of weight loss!! A stillys gotta do what a stillys gotta do!

When all else fails.... MUSTARD.

Great job avoiding the enemy foods at the party yesterday. Perhaps today, you could bring a side dish of Deviled eggs stuffed with tuna.

But be careful, you may never be invited back.
Old 08-13-2017, 05:56 AM   #85
jeaniem
Blabbermouth!!!

Glad the party was stress free,Melissa! Way to go on making it through your first day of hardcore stillman's

AL, hope you got better sleep last night and don't need much go juice today I took one benadryl and a magnesium last night and slept 10 -7 with minimal waking

My eating wasn't perfect yesterday but not bad really. Today will be totally strict, at least my version of strict

Old 08-13-2017, 07:34 AM   #86
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Jeanie!! That was a great stretch last night!! woohoo!! You gotta be ready to take on the day now!! nothings gonna get in your way!!

haha.. my go juice has to keep me going all day long know matter how much sleep I get. I slept 9-4:40 ... yikes i even hate typing that out.... but after today I am off from work until September 1st, and 3 of those days will be kid and pet free!!!! Im looking forward to sleeping late more than I am anything else!!! Its been over 3 years since hubby and I got away.
Old 08-13-2017, 09:57 AM   #87
jeaniem
Blabbermouth!!!

Enjoy those days off AL!! Dh and I never took more than a night away from the kids when they were growing up and we even had family near by. I kind of regret that!

Old 08-13-2017, 10:21 AM   #88
aleriaaa
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks!! I'll only be an hour away, so I can get back to them if needed. I actually think the dog will miss me most...lolol I do feel a little guilty about leaving my little one, but Im hoping to really tire everyone out with family activities this week so I can relax and have some ME time (oops I guess I have to say US time.. lol) next week!! The kids can video chat with me, so thats an extra plus. (pushing any guilty feelings far far away..)
Old 08-13-2017, 10:26 AM   #89
jeaniem
Blabbermouth!!!

I wouldn't feel a bit guilty, lol! I think it is a healthy thing for couples to do. I used to nanny for families where the mom and dad took turns leaving for weekend trips with their respective friends in addition to trips together! I wish we had done it, we probably would have been more relaxed and happier parents.

Old 08-13-2017, 10:45 AM   #90
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey all! I made it through yesterday- 1100 cals and 3 carbs. B wouldn't be telling me to back away from the carbos now!! Lol!! Al, I took your advice and I'm bringing deviled eggs to the BBQ made with light mayo.

I agree with the parents needing time to themselves sentiments! A couple of years ago DH and started going on a little getaway each fall without the kids- they have a great time with their babysitter and we get to bond.. lol

Off to finish the eggs- I'll check back later!

Melissa's Headroom