Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 08-30-2017, 02:03 PM   #181
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: deanslist
Stats: 5'3.5" 185/125/120-123
WOE: Stillman diet/flexibility on weekends
Start Date: 1999 (Atkins) Lost most of my weight
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
I know those looks! Keep up the good work. You and I are close in weight if your current stats are accurate.
Michelle, I just noticed you are in the U.P. of Michigan. Crazy! I grew up in Duluth, MN and I've been over there a few times. I also worked in Ashland for a while. It's always fun to see fellow 'northerners' on here! We moved down to the Twin Cities in 2012 but still get up north quite often.

Melissa's Headroom
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=889720

Desperately Seeking Balance
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=890147
deanslist is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2017, 02:27 PM   #182
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 231.2/207.6/155 5'7"
WOE: Keto-Stillman
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanslist View Post
So good to see you bratty!! LOL@ 'rebellion of Stillman.' Glad you are back to feeling great!

Thank you for the kind words about my sobriety. I had a drinking problem way back when I was a teen...I started having blackouts when I was 15. I didn't drink daily or anything (never really have-- it was just what would happen when I DID do it) it was always bingeing and out of control. Someone once said "she gets crazier and crazier with every sip' and I don't think a truer statement has ever been spoken

I quit drinking when I was 26 after a long series of bad decisions, that lasted 18 months until I convinced myself I was fit for 'controlled drinking.' (delusional). So from 28-30 I relapsed about six times. I guess that's when it was 'hard.' I wanted to stop, but kept falling back into it. My dad died of liver failure in 2002 and after that I experienced a steep progression. I'd only drink every 1-2 months but whenever I did, it was terrible, out of control, miserable. the last time I drank was 2003 at the state fair... I was totally blacked out and falling all over the place, fell down the cement stairs, pending detox admit.. etc etc etc. The memory of that night has NEVER left me, thank God, and I hope it never does. I know what I'm capable of and where I've been, and I'm always at risk if I decide to 'alter my consciousness' again.

Since then though, (the past 14 years), it has been surprisingly EASY to not drink! I think that surprises people. I don't struggle, crave, or miss it. Even if others want to drink around me, or I'm at events (such as concerts, where people are always drinking/drunk) I don't care.

I think when I surrendered and became intentional, everything changed. Oh yeah, and God had a whole lot to do with it too

Anyway, sorry for the ramble, but aside from my family and relationship with God, it's the thing (sobriety) that's most important to me.

OH! Here I am all talking about myself.. congrats on quitting smoking! I have heard that is the toughest addiction, because nicotine has both a stimulant and relaxant affect on the brain. Luckily for me I only chain smoked when I drank, so when I quit that, smoking went too.
That is how I drank when I was in my upper teens and early 20s. It can be scary waking up from the black outs. So many things give me heart palpitations, I'm too scared to drink anything. Over eating is my last vice to kick. With a lot of will power and God's help. That too will be overcome.
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 04:32 PM   #183
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
That is how I drank when I was in my upper teens and early 20s. It can be scary waking up from the black outs. So many things give me heart palpitations, I'm too scared to drink anything. Over eating is my last vice to kick. With a lot of will power and God's help. That too will be overcome.
Yes blackouts are very frightening. My first addiction was sugar, bowls of Captain Crunch in front of the TV after school. Alcohol replaced that. Alcohol, smoking, bingeing and purging in high school. I'm working hard to avoid sugar and after that I'll start working on the caffeine issue (again!)

Melissa's Headroom

Last edited by deanslist; 08-30-2017 at 04:34 PM..
Old 08-30-2017, 04:37 PM   #184
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 257/213.6/140
WOE: LC/GF Fung Fasting
Start Date: 12/1/2001 then 5/29/13 restart 12/29/16
Quote:
I know those looks! Keep up the good work. You and I are close in weight if your current stats are accurate.
Pretty darn close, I am almost back there, was hoping by the weekend, that may be wishful thinking now, but I still have a chance. You and I are going to rock this. I'm not taking a break until 20 lbs are gone or sept. 30th. If I'm super close by the 30th I will just keep going till I hit that 20 lbs gone. Puts me at wonderland and basically halfway to goal.

Everyone is super motivated! Anyone wanna join my little self challenge? Would love a buddy? 30 days hardcore stills, get all you can get out of it!! I've been 100 % on since Saturday, sounds like you jumped back on at the same time....
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 04:40 PM   #185
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Michelle, I just noticed you are in the U.P. of Michigan. Crazy! I grew up in Duluth, MN and I've been over there a few times. I also worked in Ashland for a while. It's always fun to see fellow 'northerners' on here! We moved down to the Twin Cities in 2012 but still get up north quite often.
Yes I'm in ironwood, but go out to Ashland and Duluth and rhinelander once a month or so. House remodel supplies. Not a fan of the winters here but....
Old 08-30-2017, 05:25 PM   #186
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleHu View Post
Yes I'm in ironwood, but go out to Ashland and Duluth and rhinelander once a month or so. House remodel supplies. Not a fan of the winters here but....
I hear ya on the lake effect snow. I got to the pint where the fog, wind and lack of summer was really taking a toll.

Melissa's Headroom

Old 08-30-2017, 09:01 PM   #187
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm ending the day at 1250 cals and 49 carbs. I'd really like a snack or to dive into those nuts again, but I'm just going to go to bed! I also had a 2.5 mile run today which felt good.

Talk to you all tomorrow!

Melissa's Headroom

Old 08-31-2017, 04:30 AM   #188
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!

Today will pretty much be a repeat of the last couple.
Breakfast- 2 eggs 1 sausage patty
Lunch- Smoked chicken
Dinner- Ground turkey bowl with mustard

My gained bloat and weight is coming off at a pretty good rate. 4 pounds to go.

Quote:
Pretty darn close, I am almost back there, was hoping by the weekend, that may be wishful thinking now, but I still have a chance. You and I are going to rock this. I'm not taking a break until 20 lbs are gone or sept. 30th. If I'm super close by the 30th I will just keep going till I hit that 20 lbs gone. Puts me at wonderland and basically halfway to goal.

Everyone is super motivated! Anyone wanna join my little self challenge? Would love a buddy? 30 days hardcore stills, get all you can get out of it!! I've been 100 % on since Saturday, sounds like you jumped back on at the same time....
I started Tuesday but I am in. I was already planning to stay on for a month (at least) I have never stayed on that long so it is a personal challenge to do this for (to? ) myself. I have almost gotten to onderland a couple times in the last 10 years. I am determined to quit messing around and get it done.

Quote:
I'm ending the day at 1250 cals and 49 carbs. I'd really like a snack or to dive into those nuts again, but I'm just going to go to bed! I also had a 2.5 mile run today which felt good.

Talk to you all tomorrow!
Are you still trying to lose or are you at maintenance? I have a feeling that even after I lose all my weight I will have to eat similar to you to keep it off.
Old 08-31-2017, 05:50 AM   #189
jeaniem
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 170/129.8/125-130 5'1
WOE: lc
I am still here and trying! Dropping a few ounces but bouncing around. I am finding it hard to stay motivated!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...d.php?t=883453
jeaniem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 06:41 AM   #190
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey everybody! Yeah Jeanie my motivation isn't as strong this week. I know hard boiled eggs are supposed to be unlimited (I think) but I had a lot yesterday..

To answer your question bratty my goal always seems to be 120 and I can't seem to get back to it- it's an elusive game lol. I feel good at 125 though and I'm pretty happy.

I started thinking the other day that maintenance really is harder than losing in a lot of ways.. I've heard many people say that. I've basically been between 125-135 for the past 13 years unless pregnant, so I'm not doing horrible... but at the same time I grow weary of always being in a diet mindset. I don't like the alternative though and I know how easily it can slip away.

I hope you guys let me stick around as I learn to navigate maintenance!

Melissa's Headroom

Last edited by deanslist; 08-31-2017 at 06:45 AM..
Old 08-31-2017, 08:20 AM   #191
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
I am still here and trying! Dropping a few ounces but bouncing around. I am finding it hard to stay motivated!
You are here and you are still trying. One day it will just happen. I know the mental roller coaster of wanting to stay on plan and just not being able to do it. Be gentle with yourself.
Quote:
Hey everybody! Yeah Jeanie my motivation isn't as strong this week. I know hard boiled eggs are supposed to be unlimited (I think) but I had a lot yesterday..

To answer your question bratty my goal always seems to be 120 and I can't seem to get back to it- it's an elusive game lol. I feel good at 125 though and I'm pretty happy.

I started thinking the other day that maintenance really is harder than losing in a lot of ways.. I've heard many people say that. I've basically been between 125-135 for the past 13 years unless pregnant, so I'm not doing horrible... but at the same time I grow weary of always being in a diet mindset. I don't like the alternative though and I know how easily it can slip away.

I hope you guys let me stick around as I learn to navigate maintenance!
I absolutely want you to stay! I have never really given much thought about how life is going to be when I am done losing weight. Realistically it is probably a lot of what you just described. Being constantly aware of what you can and can't eat.
Right now I am just worried I won't lose it all before menopause hits. I am 44 and starting to have symptoms. I have heard how hard it is to lose once you hit it. I know myself well and I would just give up and be fat if I had to fight for weeks to lose just one pound. <---- I should come back and read this every time I want to eat something off plan. I think I will just take the easier road and just lose it now.
Old 08-31-2017, 12:50 PM   #192
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Dentist this morning. Just got home. No fun. Haven't eaten anything yet. But tomorrow starts September and I am ready to rock and roll. Energy is good even though I slept terribly. Might start painting the hallway tomorrow as long as I sleep great tonight.

I'm not even going to think about maintenance till I'm closer but it will be low carb I'm sure. Last time I lost all the weight maintenance wasn't a problem, but I was unbelievably busy and it was geez 20 yeArs ago. I'm sure my body has changed since then and my lifestyle sure has. Kept it all off until second pregnancy.

Im going to rest for a bit while miss Violet my granddaughter is napping. And get something to eat.

Oh yeah... and no one is allowed to ditch this group

Last edited by MichelleHu; 08-31-2017 at 12:53 PM..
Old 08-31-2017, 01:09 PM   #193
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

No way I'm not leaving!! I actually love Stillman way of eating, higher protein really helps combat my cravings. I will definitely do that for the long haul. I am probably a bit higher fat than fully legal, but I do try

I haven't eaten yet today other than coffee- I didn't have any food prepared this morning and things were a bit off due to DH bro and sis spending the night. I didn't want to make a racket in the kitchen. I plan to hit the store shortly here and get my provisions.

Melissa's Headroom

Old 08-31-2017, 04:05 PM   #194
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

I have never been on any plan that kills appetite and cravings more than stillmans, it's amazing. However even stillmans in no match for pms cravings, hormones rule the world. With 4 girls living in this house, DH now knows hormones rule. I remember the days years ago when he would get so mad at me. He would say " control yourself" and I would say " I don't have control right now I'm 2 days away from starting Tom". There were lots of spats. Now the big know it all, dummy, has realized the error of his male thinking since the girls grew up. And then I said "ha ha ha, you thought I was bad, now you have TEENAGE GIRLS with hormonal toms".

All this to say that I think those days are quite close, they may be right now. I also think it's the reason why my losses have been so slow the last 3 days. I had a hysterectomy a year ago but my ovaries were left so I do get some weight gain and moody, still, not nearly like it used to be. I think stillmans has kept the weight gain to nil this month but I am fighting diving into my nuts really bad right now. It's the salt. Always the salt around this time. So if I face plant into the nuts, we all know I did my absolute best. Nuts are the best alternative. It's not chips, dips, ice cream, so it's a win if it happens! Now, let there be peace!
Old 09-01-2017, 04:28 AM   #195
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I have never been on any plan that kills appetite and cravings more than stillmans, it's amazing. However even stillmans in no match for pms cravings, hormones rule the world. With 4 girls living in this house, DH now knows hormones rule. I remember the days years ago when he would get so mad at me. He would say " control yourself" and I would say " I don't have control right now I'm 2 days away from starting Tom". There were lots of spats. Now the big know it all, dummy, has realized the error of his male thinking since the girls grew up. And then I said "ha ha ha, you thought I was bad, now you have TEENAGE GIRLS with hormonal toms".

All this to say that I think those days are quite close, they may be right now. I also think it's the reason why my losses have been so slow the last 3 days. I had a hysterectomy a year ago but my ovaries were left so I do get some weight gain and moody, still, not nearly like it used to be. I think stillmans has kept the weight gain to nil this month but I am fighting diving into my nuts really bad right now. It's the salt. Always the salt around this time. So if I face plant into the nuts, we all know I did my absolute best. Nuts are the best alternative. It's not chips, dips, ice cream, so it's a win if it happens! Now, let there be peace!
Your poor husband. We have me and the one 13 year old. That is bad enough. My husband makes remarks like "She need to learn how to control that". I just laugh. There are times I, an adult woman, can't control it.
I had a hysterectomy 10 years ago and kept my overies. My PMS is a million times worse since then.

Good luck not face plating into the nuts. If you like sunflower seeds you should get some that still have the shell. Munch on them slowly. That way you get to enjoy some nuts without too many extra carbs.
Old 09-01-2017, 04:31 AM   #196
jeaniem
Blabbermouth!!!

You ladies are keeping the thread going!!
I got under 130 today, but eating has been grab and go. Not stillmans at all!!

Michelle- 1 more month until my first granddaughter is born. I bet you enjoy Miss Violet.

Yesterday was crazy I spent half my morning at the Dr. I went for a mammogram which turned into a repeat mammo and 2 ultrasounds. Tech told me it was a cyst and I was good, but I needed to come back in six months. Not a big deal I am kind of used to that by now, but an hour after I got home my Dr. called to tell me I need a biopsy. Trying not to worry but I am 56 now and have bc in the family. I should get an appt. date today.

Old 09-01-2017, 06:52 AM   #197
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

Michelle- 1 more month until my first granddaughter is born. I bet you enjoy Miss Violet.

Yesterday was crazy I spent half my morning at the Dr. I went for a mammogram which turned into a repeat mammo and 2 ultrasounds. Tech told me it was a cyst and I was good, but I needed to come back in six months. Not a big deal I am kind of used to that by now, but an hour after I got home my Dr. called to tell me I need a biopsy. Trying not to worry but I am 56 now and have bc in the family. I should get an appt. date today.
Yeah Jeanie!! Back in the 120's. I'll be praying about your biopsy and mammo.

3 years ago I had my first one and they told me numerous times I'd probably get called back due to needing to get a baseline, but that didn't stop me from freaking out when they called to say my results were 'abnormal' and I needed to schedule a follow up right away. I went in a few days later and they re-did the imaging, (insurance didn't cover 2nd mammo either which was majorly sucky)THEN said they were sending me down for an ultrasound, all the while telling me nothing about what they were seeing. I was literally in tears by the end.. the tech left me in the room and returned with a letter that said, 'Your scan is benign' and that all they had seen was a spot of dense tissue.

So I had myself worked into hysterics over nothing.

Melissa's Headroom

Old 09-01-2017, 07:00 AM   #198
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

How did you get a tech to tell you anything? They won't say boo, always has to go to the doc first, and you know they know. I wouldn't worry about it at all. I'm guessing the biopsy is to cover their own butts just in case. It's almost certain it's a cyst, but doc says biopsy it just in case.

Those kind of days throw your eating plan into disarray, do the best you can, life throws you a curve ball duck and grab a hb egg!

Oh miss Violet is my favorite person in the world. Since her mom moved in with us 10 months before she was born and her mom has been going to college, DH and I have been nearly full time grandparents, but it's something we didn't get to experience when the girls were little and we worked outside the home. She's 2 1/2, working her way out of the terrible twos, and into my favorite age 3-5, when they are so helpful and want to do everything, and you can reason with them. Bribery always works at that age! Plus she looks just like me when I was little, that ticks her mom off a bit, but it just tickles me when my aunts and uncles all comment on that. She's very special.

Congrats Jeanie! You will adore that new baby. Very very special.
Old 09-01-2017, 07:03 AM   #199
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

GOOD MORNING AND HAPPY FRIDAY!

I am trying to work myself into a positive mood. I am tired. Worn out. Less than 5 hrs sleep. But still!! IT's Friday, and a long weekend, so I will persevere.

Yesterday did not turn out as a "Stillman's Kinda Day" however the fact that I fasted til 3 p.m. undoubtedly helped. I went to Wal-Mart after work as I had planned and picked up my stuff... eggs, ground turkey, etc... just taking my sweet old time thinking DH was on the way back up north with his bro and sis. As I'm sitting in the WM parking lot, he texts me and says, "I haven't left yet. Want to go for a ride up to Duluth?" ahhhhh....

Sooo the right thing to do is say yes, accompany him, instead of being selfish and going home and relaxing and meditating in a quiet house before I go get the kids. LOL.

I said yes I'd be right home, the poor man has been taking all these trips to Duluth this week and the least I can do is help him a little with driving. It was fun, actually, and I got to spend a little more time with his bro and sis. They had a good time all day seeing the area and sat out on the deck and went to breakfast at Denny's while I was at work. Anyway, I got home and whined about how starving I was and I didn't want to wreck it by grabbing something off plan. I basically just drank stuff on the way to Duluth and had 2 string cheeses and a bar from the gas station... for dinner they had McDonalds and I got an an iced coffee and 2 bags of Quest chips (damn those things, I love them but they're $2.99 a bag). The traffic was horrible going up north (big surprise) I think it took 3.5 hours to get to Superior.

We dropped my bro in law off at his group home and my SIL at her house, then of course we have to do our little drive-thru our old hood and chester our old house and all of that, I think it was 8:30 when we got back on the road and 11:30 when we got back to the Cities.

So yeah, I spend a lot of time in the car, don't I!

Although my food choices were pretty convenience-based yesterday I only had 1160 cals and 66 carbs (carbs a bit high but whatever).

I was 124.6 today!! Not bad.

I will eat on plan today except for saving a small serving of Arctic Zero for before bed

I am really hoping for a relaxing weekend. Please God. Tomorrow we're taking the kids to the state fair (relaxing, NOT) lol.. kidding, yeah it will be fun... then Sunday I hope we can chill for the day and I did get a sitter for the evening so we can go out for our anniversary (13 years)

Labor Day I don't wanna Labor... Starting PIYO on Monday! It came with a calendar that starts on a Monday so I figured I'd wait til then. I am going to take pics and do it for 60 days and then post before and after.

Have a wonderful weekend, all! Don't do too much damage! LOL

Melissa's Headroom

Old 09-01-2017, 07:22 AM   #200
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Your poor husband. We have me and the one 13 year old. That is bad enough. My husband makes remarks like "She need to learn how to control that". I just laugh. There are times I, an adult woman, can't control it.
I had a hysterectomy 10 years ago and kept my overies. My PMS is a million times worse since then.

Good luck not face plating into the nuts. If you like sunflower seeds you should get some that still have the shell. Munch on them slowly. That way you get to enjoy some nuts without too many extra carbs.
Your pms got worse, oh geez sorry for that. So your husband skipped the same health class mine did?! I really think boys need a special part of health class about the signs and symptoms of pms. Might save a lot of relationships in high school and after. How do these men grow up and not recognize a pattern. "Control it" yeah right! . I'll control you buddy, right out the door.

Did not eat nuts last night! However I did find out that almond milk also works in sugar free/fat free pudding. I had 1 box in my kitchen from last time I did stills. They didn't have almond milk back then, so I must have used 1% or something the girls had. Anyways I really didn't think it would work and set up right but it did. So that was cool. Or not so cool, cause now I know! And I will be at the store stocking up on pudding. I try to stay away from artificial sweetener but my goodness if pms is hitting hard I am for sure hitting the pudding.

Any reason why I should stay away from the pudding? I had plenty of room in my calories. I am tracking everything I eat right now. I barely moved the scale this morning, or for the last 3 days actually and am really wondering if I'm doing something wrong. I'm hoping it's just pms and the extra nut salt from the other night. I can't find anything else in my menu that is not totally stills. Well besides the dang nuts.
Old 09-01-2017, 07:32 AM   #201
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

I am trying to work myself into a positive mood. I am tired. Worn out. Less than 5 hrs sleep. But still!! IT's Friday, and a long weekend, so I will persevere.

Yesterday did not turn out as a "Stillman's Kinda Day" however the fact that I fasted til 3 p.m. undoubtedly helped. I went to Wal-Mart after work as I had planned and picked up my stuff... eggs, ground turkey, etc... just taking my sweet old time thinking DH was on the way back up north with his bro and sis. As I'm sitting in the WM parking lot, he texts me and says, "I haven't left yet. Want to go for a ride up to Duluth?" ahhhhh....

Sooo the right thing to do is say yes, accompany him, instead of being selfish and going home and relaxing and meditating in a quiet house before I go get the kids. LOL.

I said yes I'd be right home, the poor man has been taking all these trips to Duluth this week and the least I can do is help him a little with driving. It was fun, actually, and I got to spend a little more time with his bro and sis. They had a good time all day seeing the area and sat out on the deck and went to breakfast at Denny's while I was at work. Anyway, I got home and whined about how starving I was and I didn't want to wreck it by grabbing something off plan. I basically just drank stuff on the way to Duluth and had 2 string cheeses and a bar from the gas station... for dinner they had McDonalds and I got an an iced coffee and 2 bags of Quest chips (damn those things, I love them but they're $2.99 a bag). The traffic was horrible going up north (big surprise) I think it took 3.5 hours to get to Superior.

We dropped my bro in law off at his group home and my SIL at her house, then of course we have to do our little drive-thru our old hood and chester our old house and all of that, I think it was 8:30 when we got back on the road and 11:30 when we got back to the Cities.

Although my food choices were pretty convenience-based yesterday I only had 1160 cals and 66 carbs (carbs a bit high but whatever).

I will eat on plan today except for saving a small serving of Arctic Zero for before bed

I am really hoping for a relaxing weekend. Please God. Tomorrow we're taking the kids to the state fair (relaxing, NOT) lol.. kidding, yeah it will be fun... then Sunday I hope we can chill for the day and I did get a sitter for the evening so we can go out for our anniversary (13 years)

Labor Day I don't wanna Labor... Starting PIYO on Monday! It came with a calendar that starts on a Monday so I figured I'd wait til then. I am going to take pics and do it for 60 days and then post before and after.

Oh I can't wait to see your before and after, those are so inspiring. Inspiration hasn't gotten me off my duff yet but there's always hope. I think your choices were fine for a last minute road trip with no time to prepare. Roll with it. Besides little road trips are a blast. Sorry about the sleep though!
Old 09-01-2017, 07:41 AM   #202
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Oh I can't wait to see your before and after, those are so inspiring. Inspiration hasn't gotten me off my duff yet but there's always hope. I think your choices were fine for a last minute road trip with no time to prepare. Roll with it. Besides little road trips are a blast. Sorry about the sleep though!
Thanks Michelle!! Great job staying away from the nuts. Those are often my downfall too. Bratty, love the suggestion about the sunflower seeds. Those take a while to eat. I like pistashios too.

I use almond/cashew milk too in my coffee... I am not sure about the pudding, I am not experienced enough to weigh in on that! I know that I lost better when I cut out my protein powder and I do not lose as well when I eat bars and Quest chips. When I stick to just lean meat and eggs it's much better--but I get bored of that real quick. For a while I was on a kick with sugar free 'winky' jello-- one day I had 11 of them which was still only 55 cals but I'm sure the aspartame didn't do me any favors!!

Melissa's Headroom

Last edited by deanslist; 09-01-2017 at 07:43 AM..
Old 09-01-2017, 07:43 AM   #203
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

I'm going to give it a couple more days before I throw a couple of my daily menus on here and let you guys rip em apart

I gave up the 1 tbsp of hwc in my morning coffe but if that's not the stalling culprit I'm putting it back in. And I know the salty nuts but I've been spot on with water and peeing all over town! like those days when your drinking your water but you don't pee as much, I always know I'm not going to be down the next day but then the day after that your drinking your water and peeing all over and you get the scale drop. Well I'm peeing all over for days now! And no, I am not a dog!

Almost was thinking my calories were to low but I have a low 600 day then a 1000 day then a 700 day then a 1050 day. So it's not like they are consistently to low. So I'm giving it 2 more days and then I'm throwing in a total egg day and will put up a few menus. I even gave up ketchup! Oy vey! Is that how you spell that? I always think it sounds cute!

What do you guys think?
Old 09-01-2017, 07:46 AM   #204
jeaniem
Blabbermouth!!!

I hope it is nothing but i can't help but worry. I have had cysts for 10+ years and never needed a biopsy.

Old 09-01-2017, 09:20 AM   #205
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!

I sent the kids to school then went back to bed! It was wonderful.

Quote:

Try not to worry too much. I think it is pretty standard to biopsy anything that is abnormal. The last thing they want is to get it wrong. I will pray for you.
Quote:
How did you get a tech to tell you anything? They won't say boo, always has to go to the doc first, and you know they know. I wouldn't worry about it at all. I'm guessing the biopsy is to cover their own butts just in case. It's almost certain it's a cyst, but doc says biopsy it just in case.

Those kind of days throw your eating plan into disarray, do the best you can, life throws you a curve ball duck and grab a hb egg!

Oh miss Violet is my favorite person in the world. Since her mom moved in with us 10 months before she was born and her mom has been going to college, DH and I have been nearly full time grandparents, but it's something we didn't get to experience when the girls were little and we worked outside the home. She's 2 1/2, working her way out of the terrible twos, and into my favorite age 3-5, when they are so helpful and want to do everything, and you can reason with them. Bribery always works at that age! Plus she looks just like me when I was little, that ticks her mom off a bit, but it just tickles me when my aunts and uncles all comment on that. She's very special.

Congrats Jeanie! You will adore that new baby. Very very special.
You almost make me want a grandbaby! Almost! My oldest almost 14 and I am still in shock she isn't a baby. Maybe I will like the idea more in 10+ years. It is amazing you are a fulltime grandparent and loving it. What a blessing.
Quote:

How sweet of you to give up a short relaxing time to help/hang with the hubby. I have to say you are amazing on your car trips. I eat the worst things for me! I love road trip snacks. They taste better! I had to look up PIYO, it looks pretty good. I may have to try it out when my when gets down a bit more. I still don't know what my ankle can and cant handle. Some days it don't even like to be walked on.
Quote:
Your pms got worse, oh geez sorry for that. So your husband skipped the same health class mine did?! I really think boys need a special part of health class about the signs and symptoms of pms. Might save a lot of relationships in high school and after. How do these men grow up and not recognize a pattern. "Control it" yeah right! . I'll control you buddy, right out the door.

Did not eat nuts last night! However I did find out that almond milk also works in sugar free/fat free pudding. I had 1 box in my kitchen from last time I did stills. They didn't have almond milk back then, so I must have used 1% or something the girls had. Anyways I really didn't think it would work and set up right but it did. So that was cool. Or not so cool, cause now I know! And I will be at the store stocking up on pudding. I try to stay away from artificial sweetener but my goodness if pms is hitting hard I am for sure hitting the pudding.

Any reason why I should stay away from the pudding? I had plenty of room in my calories. I am tracking everything I eat right now. I barely moved the scale this morning, or for the last 3 days actually and am really wondering if I'm doing something wrong. I'm hoping it's just pms and the extra nut salt from the other night. I can't find anything else in my menu that is not totally stills. Well besides the dang nuts.
I think the fact that he is still breathing is proof I have controlled it quite well.
The pudding sounds yummy. I may file that away as a emergency plan. The times I HAVE to eat chocolate. Stuff like tends to stall me along with cheese and any other dairy.
Quote:
I'm going to give it a couple more days before I throw a couple of my daily menus on here and let you guys rip em apart

I gave up the 1 tbsp of hwc in my morning coffe but if that's not the stalling culprit I'm putting it back in. And I know the salty nuts but I've been spot on with water and peeing all over town! like those days when your drinking your water but you don't pee as much, I always know I'm not going to be down the next day but then the day after that your drinking your water and peeing all over and you get the scale drop. Well I'm peeing all over for days now! And no, I am not a dog!

Almost was thinking my calories were to low but I have a low 600 day then a 1000 day then a 700 day then a 1050 day. So it's not like they are consistently to low. So I'm giving it 2 more days and then I'm throwing in a total egg day and will put up a few menus. I even gave up ketchup! Oy vey! Is that how you spell that? I always think it sounds cute!

What do you guys think?
If it is PMS time it is probably the reason for the slow/no loss. I do the same thing. I will have almost a week with no scale movement. Then one day I will drop 3-4. I hope that happens for you soon!

Those of you that avoid artificial sweeteners... Look into concentrated liquid sucralose. It "natural" but at least it is not aspartame. I use it in my tea, hubby uses it for his coffee.
Old 09-01-2017, 09:31 AM   #206
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!

Started us a September thread.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...d.php?t=889491
Old 09-01-2017, 03:36 PM   #207
jeaniem
Blabbermouth!!!

Okay ladies I am trying to relax about this biopsy but I am 56 and have been getting mammos since age 40. They almost always call me back for rechecks and I have lost count on the number of ultrasounds I have had done as well. This is the first time I have had to have a biospy and quite frankly don't look forward to a needle in the breast! Have any of you had one?