Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 09-01-2017, 01:26 AM   #1
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/110/100-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
September Daily Chat

Here we go - the swap shop for news, views, events, and other things JBs want to know

Missing Katie (Partyof8) and too many others - I'm naming Katie because I'm a little concerned - has anyone seen her on FB?
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2017, 01:52 AM   #2
FairyWren
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FairyWren
Stats: 178/147/133 5'4"
WOE: JUDDD
Thanks for starting the new thread Slow

Will try and drop by if I have internet while i'm away walking. Leave for Glasgow later today, start walking Sunday. Undecided what to do about rotations will see how I feel on Sunday as I'll be walking 12 miles and it's supposed to be a DD...

Hope you all have a good month, I should return home sometime between the 14th and 19th Sept, all depends on the weather. Bye for now JBs, take care!
Old 09-01-2017, 03:20 AM   #3
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyWren View Post
Will try and drop by if I have internet while i'm away walking. Leave for Glasgow later today, start walking Sunday. Undecided what to do about rotations will see how I feel on Sunday as I'll be walking 12 miles and it's supposed to be a DD...
Have a lovely time on your walking tour - if you fast and walk on Sunday it will be very akin to many pilgrimage experiences!

May the weather keep right for you
Old 09-01-2017, 04:37 AM   #4
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Vlo1125
Stats: 263/169/155
WOE: Primal w/ JUDDD
Start Date: 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by p0rtia View Post
Couple other thoughts, Vlo, as you move from z-fast to whatever you move to:

- Commit now to your WOE of preference over the next three days. Don't wing it.

- Consider moving to LC; for me, because I'm either in ketosis or almost in ketosis, I experience no hunger when I do this, and whatever meal I eat is incredibly filling.

- Don't weigh on day 5 (assuming you fast three full days and eat on day 4). There is no point, and seeing an uptick on the scale, even when you know it's gonna be there, is a trigger. Or day 6. Or 7.
Great advice thanks! Especially the first one, don't wing it, def guilty of that way too much! I've pretty much been LC for awhile now barring any big cheat days so that much I had planned on. And not weighing tomorrow is probably best, I know there will be a bounce and you are right it's a trigger!
Vlo1125 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 05:49 AM   #5
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Slow-

Fairywren-good luck on your walk! 12 miles is a lot!

So I made it did 72 hours/3 full days of fasting. Like I said day one and day two were pretty good and most of day three was ok.last night though I started to feel like I kept having blood rush to my face. I was hungry and definitely anticipating breakfast the next day. All three days my sleep was very poor I just can't sleep on an empty stomach. So I'm making eggs and bacon for breakfast ,I already had a coffee with heavy cream and a tablespoon of grass fed gelatin. Going to keep it as LC as possible, aiming for 20 net but will not beat myself up if it goes up to 30. I do have a slight headache this morning and I'm very hungry but that could be because I am anticipating eating in a few minutes. In the three days I lost 8.4 pounds, I weigh 169.4 today which is awesome because it is definitely the first time I've been in the 160s since late June. I know tomorrow I'll be back in the 170s but it's nice nonetheless. After this I just want to go back to my 4:3 or even EOD. After you've not eaten for three days makes you realize how easy it is to fast for a 1 day! I also now know that as long as I make myself some of that ketorade I am also fine to go to practice on a fasting day, so I definitely want to go back to my Monday Wednesday Friday schedule . This weekend is going to be tricky because of the Labor Day we don't have any plans so that's good but I have notoriously been bad on three day holiday weekends. Best case scenario is I will resume fasting on Monday regardless that my husband will be home which always is tough on me with fasting. But I survived three full days where I had to cook meals not only for him but also my children and did not eat one bite so I know I have the will, I just need to remind myself that I can survive one day now that I have survived three! AnyWho just got an exciting text from DH he got an email for a second interview for the Illinois job I am crossing my fingers and my toes that this happens for us !
Old 09-01-2017, 06:34 AM   #6
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: p0rtia
Stats: 5'7" 307/175/150-160
WOE: ex-Atkins; low cal/low carb + 4:3 JUDDD
Start Date: May 22, 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlo1125 View Post
Slow-
So I made it did 72 hours/3 full days of fasting. Like I said day one and day two were pretty good and most of day three was ok.last night though I started to feel like I kept having blood rush to my face. I was hungry and definitely anticipating breakfast the next day. All three days my sleep was very poor I just can't sleep on an empty stomach. So I'm making eggs and bacon for breakfast ,I already had a coffee with heavy cream and a tablespoon of grass fed gelatin. Going to keep it as LC as possible, aiming for 20 net but will not beat myself up if it goes up to 30. I do have a slight headache this morning and I'm very hungry but that could be because I am anticipating eating in a few minutes. In the three days I lost 8.4 pounds, I weigh 169.4 today which is awesome because it is definitely the first time I've been in the 160s since late June. I know tomorrow I'll be back in the 170s but it's nice nonetheless. After this I just want to go back to my 4:3 or even EOD. After you've not eaten for three days makes you realize how easy it is to fast for a 1 day! I also now know that as long as I make myself some of that ketorade I am also fine to go to practice on a fasting day, so I definitely want to go back to my Monday Wednesday Friday schedule . This weekend is going to be tricky because of the Labor Day we don't have any plans so that's good but I have notoriously been bad on three day holiday weekends. Best case scenario is I will resume fasting on Monday regardless that my husband will be home which always is tough on me with fasting. But I survived three full days where I had to cook meals not only for him but also my children and did not eat one bite so I know I have the will, I just need to remind myself that I can survive one day now that I have survived three! AnyWho just got an exciting text from DH he got an email for a second interview for the Illinois job I am crossing my fingers and my toes that this happens for us !
Fascintating reading from your fellow z-faster. It sounds like your day 4 experience would have shaped up to be my day 3 experience. BTW it's very cool to keep track of what it feels like, so that next time you know what it feels like and can cope.

Sooo happy for you -- when I fast, I don't have to cook for anyone, and if I go out to eat, either I just have a drink or I have a lettuce salad. Easy peasy for me -- seriously challenging for you. Love it!

I had the same reaction about how fasting for three days makes you think about how fasting for one day / a DD is so easy. My DDs this summer have passed in the blink of an eye--and if I actually eat on them, it feels like a festival.

Fingers crossed for Illinois!

My update: Morning of Day 5 is awesome. Tons of energy; no tummy hunger; looking forward (and watching myself looking forward) to lots of great LC foods tomorrow. Note for people who worry about whether they are in ketosis or not: I tested last night and had no reaction on my keto strip. Yeah, right. Tell that to the taste in my mouth. (!)

Another suggestion, one that is dear to my heart: language use. I used to kinda scoff at folks who used PC language for weight management issues, but I've become a believer. I encourage you, my dear friend, and all others, to say, "the scale is down 8.4 lb" rather than "I lost 8.4 lb". I know you know I know what you mean, but this is about retraining the brain, and even though it took me forty years to learn this lesson, I learned it in the end, and my mental health is better for it.

Likewise "cheating" (also "bad"). To me it's self-flagellation, and I haven't used the word in many years. I know you know I know what it means, but...the brain. Remember, we've established that you are a terrific dieter; it's the eating eating normally part that lets you down, as it does me. Hence my preferred "festival day/meal" or the more mundane "I ate more than I planned/wanted to" or "I went off the rails" (I used that for a long time). You are Wonder Woman, Val. Wonder Woman does not see any behavior as "cheating."

We are all Wonder Woman.
Old 09-01-2017, 06:40 AM   #7
Sharss
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sharss
Stats: 144/135/125 5'6 1/2" 75yr
WOE: SBD -> JUDDD
Start Date: 5/16/17
Evie, Good luck with weather and all on your hiking! You will be missed here!

pOrtia, Yes, the power of our words and thoughts are the rudders to our path. Can be negative or positive.

2nd Long Term Goal 135 reached: 6/11/17

Last edited by Sharss; 09-01-2017 at 06:44 AM..
Sharss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 10:44 AM   #8
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bluebelle
Stats: 208/193/150 5'3"
Start Date: March 1st, 2017
Vlo I am crossing EVERYTHING for your DH to get that darn job! I will even cross my eyes if I have to!

Gosh. I didn't realize how much I missed/needed having Portia around imparting wisdom! In the vein of what she posted, I have had almost an entire week where I ate more than I planned to. I had to put work first - the lack of focus I get on DDs just wasn't going to cut it this week. I know you guys won't believe me, but I actually miss the DD feeling.

There's a big CR-USA soccer/football match today - DH and I are going to go to a bar to catch the first half while DS is at taekwondo class. Tomorrow we're dropping DS off with my Mom and going to have lunch together, and maybe a movie. It's going to be a hard couple of days to get back on track, but my eye is on Sunday.

Sorry for this mundane detail but DS did wonderfully on his exams. He got 92 in 3 subjects, and an 85 and 77 in the others. This year has been a bit of a struggle school-wise so this is great news!

Last edited by Bluebelle; 09-01-2017 at 10:50 AM..
Bluebelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 01:18 PM   #9
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebelle View Post
I know you guys won't believe me, but I actually miss the DD feeling.
Actually, I would be shocked if there is anyone here who has done JUDDD for more than a few months who doesn't feel the same way. Part of the Magic!
Old 09-01-2017, 03:42 PM   #10
Carly
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/123.2/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Actually, I would be shocked if there is anyone here who has done JUDDD for more than a few months who doesn't feel the same way. Part of the Magic!
Yes indeed!!!!!

Fairly- safe travels- can't wait to hear all about it when you get back.

Vlo- congrats on the 3 day! I would give it a whirl, but DW would have a stroke if she actually knew I didn't eat for 3 days and well, my mind has been a little less warped about food and weight and unhealthy thoughts, so now is probably not the time for me to try it out.

Portia- we just love having you around here lady!

Hi Slow and Bluebell

__________________________________________________ ____

It's been really cool here and I'm getting ready to go out for the evening wearing jeans, a light weight sweater and taking a jacket. Summer! Don't go yet!!!!!!!!!!

Tomorrow is DW's Bday- so out for a nice dinner tomorrow night.

Gotta run-TTYL

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 04:59 AM   #11
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Vlo- congrats on the 3 day! I would give it a whirl, but DW would have a stroke if she actually knew I didn't eat for 3 days and well, my mind has been a little less warped about food and weight and unhealthy thoughts, so now is probably not the time for me to try it out.

Portia- we just love having you around here lady!
Hi sweet Carly!!! Nice to be here--for a few days, anyway (off to Fla for a week on Monday, so I expect I will disappear again). Love being here too. Such an aid to help keep focused.

Anyway, I know you well enough by now (a year and a half!) to understand your thoughts on z-fasting. But I admit I also have you pegged as someone for whom z-fasting would be overly stressful to your metabolism. Yesno? I know you tolerate OMAD well (and on a side note, learning about OMAD/eating-windows from you and others has Changed My Life), but I also know that your blood sugar plunges if you don't have carbs or go longer than that. I also know that you have a mind of steel, and would not be daunted by this if you put your mind to it. Anyway, I'm curious about your thoughts on what I've just written.

Me: Broke fast with major LC wolf-down. Not what I had intended, but I was unexpectedly ravenous. And after five days, it was hard to find a reason not to eat to satiety. Brain send many signals to switch to sugars, but I declined. Interesting. Hope to stay LC in Fla--we'll see!

Okay Irma--time for you to fizzle!
Old 09-02-2017, 05:23 AM   #12
leonak
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: leonak
Stats: Goal Met July, 2015 - 112!!!!
Quote:
well be shocked all - I never had that feeling

what did I miss
Old 09-02-2017, 08:13 AM   #13
Carly

Quote:
Hi sweet Carly!!! Nice to be here--for a few days, anyway (off to Fla for a week on Monday, so I expect I will disappear again). Love being here too. Such an aid to help keep focused.

Anyway, I know you well enough by now (a year and a half!) to understand your thoughts on z-fasting. But I admit I also have you pegged as someone for whom z-fasting would be overly stressful to your metabolism. Yesno? I know you tolerate OMAD well (and on a side note, learning about OMAD/eating-windows from you and others has Changed My Life), but I also know that your blood sugar plunges if you don't have carbs or go longer than that. I also know that you have a mind of steel, and would not be daunted by this if you put your mind to it. Anyway, I'm curious about your thoughts on what I've just written.

Okay Irma--time for you to fizzle!
I think you are correct. After my last 48 hour fast my blood sugar was 60 or 61. I felt fine, but still, probably not good for it to drop much lower. I also think that my already poor sleep would be even worse, so not really up for that.

I certainly hope Irma will fizzle out as well.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

Old 09-02-2017, 01:06 PM   #14
quietnite
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: quietnite
Hi, everyone. Happy September to all!

So yesterday was the first day back for teachers, meetings all morning and work on classroom set up in afternoon. Then PT for knees in evening.

As you may remember, I have a bad history of dropping self-care when school is in session and I was really afraid as yesterday was a DD.

I did great! One of my best down days yet, and no problems even though people went out to eat and brought all kinds of goodies back into the building. I felt great and my mood was really calm and positive, totally JUDDD DD magic.

I got a ton of fitbit steps because our building is huge and at the end of the day my knees were killing me, I practically crawled to PT. But it was actually more physical than my usual day as I was on top of desks, hanging posters and running all around the building getting materials and doing paperwork errands.

And today the scale dropped 2 pounds!

back again April 2017

WOE:JUDDD
quietnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 01:39 PM   #15
Carly

Quiet- Yay for sticking with your DD and being rewarded by the scale.
__________________________________________________ ___

It has been very cool here. Jeans and a light weight sweater again today. Seriously hoping this is not an indication of what's to come.

Old 09-03-2017, 01:12 AM   #16
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Well Done, quietnite, and keep up the good work!

MIL is due to have major surgery next week (still don't know the day as she was diagnosed on Wednesday after a very swift follow-up following examination of an incidental finding) so trying to prepare for that without having firm dates. It's also unclear as yet as to the surgical method so we don't know if the recovery will be 6 weeks or 12, IYSWIM.

Somewhat at sixes and sevens. I don't know when we'll have some clarity on the dates etc. It's excellent that they're prepared to do it so quickly but I know these things can slip because of the pressure on HDU beds and it's always necessary to have one for someone of her age after a procedure like that. And, there are so few HDU beds that you only need 1 or 2 people who need to stay in one for longer than anticipated before it causes cancellations of other surgery.

MIL's general health is good so the surgery should be straightforward (as much as these things can be).

Last edited by SlowSure; 09-03-2017 at 01:13 AM..
Old 09-03-2017, 11:32 AM   #17
Carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
Well Done, quietnite, and keep up the good work!

MIL is due to have major surgery next week (still don't know the day as she was diagnosed on Wednesday after a very swift follow-up following examination of an incidental finding) so trying to prepare for that without having firm dates. It's also unclear as yet as to the surgical method so we don't know if the recovery will be 6 weeks or 12, IYSWIM.

Somewhat at sixes and sevens. I don't know when we'll have some clarity on the dates etc. It's excellent that they're prepared to do it so quickly but I know these things can slip because of the pressure on HDU beds and it's always necessary to have one for someone of her age after a procedure like that. And, there are so few HDU beds that you only need 1 or 2 people who need to stay in one for longer than anticipated before it causes cancellations of other surgery.

MIL's general health is good so the surgery should be straightforward (as much as these things can be).
Sending prayers that everything for you MIL's procedure will go smoothly.

Old 09-04-2017, 08:31 AM   #18
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Sending prayers that everything for you MIL's procedure will go smoothly.
Thank you. We're optimistic while acknowledging that her age means that these things can go awry.

Whine and vent to follow which I've now put elsewhere as it was so long. It gives the background behind me wondering if I need to experiment with consecutive fasting days so that I can keep medication dosage to the lowest feasible level if I need to take any to control the variety of inflammatory arthritis that I have.

I typically don't like consecutive DDs within JUDDD but I have to wonder if it's worth a trial for me.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...9&postcount=91
Old 09-04-2017, 09:06 AM   #19
quietnite
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: quietnite
I don't know the answers to any of the issues you are struggling with but I read your post and my heart goes out to support you. At the very least your years of listening to your body and learning what it needs through JUDDD is a good basis for the decisions you are making.

As someone whose xrays show really bad degeneration in both knees and the corresponding pain, I send you best wished and kind thoughts.

back again April 2017

WOE:JUDDD
quietnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 03:15 PM   #20
Carly

Slow- I have no answers for you. I have gone the route of pain management and 90% of the time this allows me to live the life I want to. I think, for me, I'd get very diet fatigued, by fasting 3 consecutive days every week. Of course, if it significantly improves your quality of life you may not experience the same level of fatigue, but I'm not sure that there is anyway to know that ahead of time.

I have never heard of chemotherapy for arthritis treatment, but I know you are very well educated on these matters, so expect you have done your research.

I would be scared to take chemotherapy for the rest of my life, but I know some would say that about taking Fentanyl for the rest of their life, but for me it works. We all need to make the best out the cards we've been dealt

Old 09-04-2017, 04:31 PM   #21
leonak
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: leonak
Stats: Goal Met July, 2015 - 112!!!!
SS - wishing you all the very best in the days ahead. I am sure you will be doing what must be done to get the very most out of life!

This is all new info about what meds can do for many different situations.

You and your mil will be in my prayers.
Old 09-04-2017, 06:18 PM   #22
CherylB
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Stats: 250/228/150
Start Date: 7/12/17
Marking my place! Leaving CT tomorrow. Heading in the direction of Indiana. Will stop and visit family there for a week and then continue west.

Completely off JUDDD right now. The last few weeks have been completely horrendous as far as trying to just "live." The RV, the dog and me are out of here! God willing, we'll make our destinations with minimal trouble.

I will catch up. I will get back to JUDDD, but after IN. I feel wretched. My body is full of pain. I can't do DD's in IN. It just won't work around family. But after I leave there and head west, it will no longer be a problem.

Miss you ladies so much. I will catch up when I can. I have a lot to figure out along the way.
is all you really need.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 03:19 AM   #23
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Leona, Carly, quietnite - thank you all so much for your thoughts, they are appreciated.

It's very different dosages - much, much smaller and for longer periods - but it's common for inflammatory arthritis to be treated with drugs that were originally developed for chemotherapy (like methotrexate). Small numbers of people have the immunosuppressants that were developed to suppress rejection after organ transplant and later AIDs.

CherylB - good luck and fingers crossed that nothing goes awry for you!
Old 09-05-2017, 06:27 AM   #24
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Slow- I say go ahead and try and 2-3 days fast to see if it helps, it doesn't hurt to try.

Cheryl- safe travels and I hope things go smoothly for you from here on out!

Leona-

Quiet night- yay for the good dd!

Carly- I really don't think the 3 day fasts are necessary unless you are trying it for health ( I really was fascinated with the idea that it improves immunity) or how Portia is using it to balance out her higher calorie days this summer. I actually found myself wondering if I should do another 1 this week but I think I should be ok just sticking to my dd's.

Portia the wise- of course you are right with the language we use having an effect on how we feel and view things. I did end up weighing the day after breaking my fast but with the attitude that whatever the scale said was ok and I was pleased to see I was only up 1.4 lbs, an average dd to ud uptick. I think it's so awesome you are able to do 5 days! I think I'd like to do 3 days again at some point.... perhaps once a month.

Bluebelle- idk that I miss dd's ever lol but I do miss feeling better over all with dd's. When I don't do them I feel bloated and icky. Hope you can get back to them soon and start feeling better!

So my holiday weekend went well. I broke my 3 day fast Friday and stayed LC. On Saturday I was debating just going back to EOD but since I had beach plans Monday I knew Sunday should be my next dd. So I ate LC Saturday too. I did a dd Sunday that went mostly well except I went to hang out with my friends and did have 2 glasss of wine, next day wasn't a very big drop but I the scale was still down 1.4 so FYI a decent dd can still be had with a drink or two yesterday we went to the beach and I stayed LC but again I had those truly spiked and sparkling drinks and of course today scale showed a 4.2 uptick. I'm not worried though, I've already gone to the bathroom 4 times this morning and I know after today's dd most of that will be gone by tomorrow. Like I said to Carly , I did think about doing another 3 days fast starting today but that was just me reacting to the scale. I know just sticking to EOD will work just fine so that's what I'm going to do. However this Saturday definitely needs to be an ud so I am contemplating doing a 2 day fast thurs/fri to compensate going to just see how it goes but am confident in my ability to do it now that I've gone 3 days DH 2nd interview went very well, it was with his old manager and he said it could not have gone better. I hope he hears back sometime this week from them
Old 09-05-2017, 07:43 AM   #25
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

phoenix - apologies but do you recall a while ago when we had an exchange where I think we were discussing NAD+? You like one by people who were formerly MIT? Elysium?

Are you using it and can you report any obvious impact? Do you think the spat with their ingredient supplier will have an impact on its availability (on the off chance I know someone going to US who can buy it for me as the price is beyond reason here).

I'm considering my options for use with medication for the inflammatory arthritis if I'm advised to take it. I know that a couple of them are associated with both sun and light sensitivity and NAD+ has some small scale clinical results saying that it can modify those (albeit, the trial wasn't with these medications).

Last edited by SlowSure; 09-05-2017 at 07:45 AM..
Old 09-05-2017, 08:26 AM   #26
FrostyBeav
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: FrostyBeav
Stats: 231/217/160
WOE: EOD JUDDD
Start Date: 9/25/16
The view out behind my office just now. Should be a nice clear, blue skies day. Instead, I'm sitting in my office with my eyes and nose burning. We don't even have any big fires close to us currently. The Okanogan fires in central Washington are so big that they are sending this smoke and some ash over the mountains from 100 miles away.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg smoke2.jpg (40.1 KB, 8 views)
Old 09-05-2017, 08:34 AM   #27
Carly

Vlo- keeping my fingers crossed about the Illinois job.

I feel like I'm trying to fight a cold off, so hoping I win, but it's feeling a bit iffy right now.

Old 09-05-2017, 12:31 PM   #28
taramisu
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: taramisu
Stats: 282/209/180
Start Date: April 7, 2015
Would definitely love to hear from Katie if anyone's heard from her.

Evie, enjoy your trip!!

Vlo, wow! You did it! 8.4 pounds is beyond amazing, even if there will be a little bounce. I bow down to your willpower!!

Portia, great post, especially on language use! I know I'm so guilty of it, especially this summer, but when I'm kind of despairing, I just can't help it... it's hard to change. It's definitely something for me to think on.

Bluebelle, that's great about your DS's exams!

Carly, enjoy these last warm months, hopefully sans head cold. Btw, can't remember if I told you how much I love your new avatar!

Slow, hoping your MIL's surgery goes smoothly and the recovery quickly.

Frosty, thanks for sharing the picture. Crazy that it can have such a physical effect on you 100 miles away. My parents are visiting Washington now and report that it's definitely something to see, though sad.

I have my annual exam the day after tomorrow and I'm going to ask to have my Nexplanon implant removed. My inability to lose weight and constant hunger and water retention does not seem like a coincidence--it's impossible to say whether this year's utter failure is a definite result of the implant, but considering the hundreds of user experiences I've read online that sound just like mine, it seems pretty likely it's related. I tried it for 7 months with minimal other side effects, and will be sad to return to BC that requires a lot more effort, but I have to know. Maybe part of me hopes that it will be the magical answer to my inability to lose or even maintain weight this year. And if it makes no difference, well, at least I'll know. And yes, it did kill me to just update my stats on my profile to what the scale says.
tara ¤

My Journal

Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times—if one only remembers to turn on the light. ~ Albus Dumbledore

Last edited by taramisu; 09-05-2017 at 12:44 PM..
taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 04:52 AM   #29
Carly

Good Morning All!

I think I fought off the cold. Last night I was thinking it could go either way, but this morning I feel better. I feel like since I've been following JUDDD I get sick much less frequently and I do get sick it's much less severe and for less time.

I don't know if it's a benefit of this WOE or just that I'm in better health overall

Tara- sorry you are struggling. I hope removing the implant helps. And thanks about my avatar.

Old 09-06-2017, 07:48 AM   #30
taramisu
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: taramisu
Stats: 282/209/180
Start Date: April 7, 2015
I went looking for a book on binge eating today and came across Never Binge Again: Reprogram Yourself to Think Like a Permanently Thin Person by Glenn Livingston. For some reason it was free if I bought the Kindle version, so I did. I hope to start reading it tonight. Has anyone else read it? I don't put a lot of stock into weight loss books, but I need help and so I'm hopeful.

I also downloaded an app last night called Rise Up + Recover which seems pretty cool. It allows you to log meals without calorie counts, check in on your emotions while eating or throughout the day, log actions you take throughout the day (from binging and restricting to expressing gratitude and whatever else you want), and generally be mindful. It also has a "coping" section on body image, journaling, relationships, and that sort of thing. It's chock full of inspirational quotes and mantras that are actually pretty helpful. I could tell that it was saying some of the things I needed to hear when it started making me cry last night while I was browsing it! For real, I'm fine, just really frustrated and emotional and needing to take control. I still intend to use JUDDD, but right now I'm struggling just to get through a day without bingeing, so I guess I'm just seeking out tools.
tara ¤

My Journal

Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times—if one only remembers to turn on the light. ~ Albus Dumbledore
taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote