Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Forum Jump
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2017, 01:21 PM   #61
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
deanslist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 3,569
Gallery: deanslist
Stats: 5'3.5" 185/125/120-123
WOE: Stillman diet/flexibility on weekends
Start Date: 1999 (Atkins) Lost most of my weight
I tried to post 2x this morning and computer crashed twice- so annoying! I gave up after that.

Yesterday went great, I ended up at 760 cals and 22 carbs. I think my sore throat reduced my appetite. I also completed the Piyo workout and the ab ripper- feeling very accomplished about that! I'm super sore today too.

8 hours of sleep helped my scratchy throat and I'm much better today. Also starving. It's embarrassing to eat hard boiled eggs around my intern, so I haven't eaten yet today! I'm picking the kids up and then going home to eat and do my workout.

Congrats on the loss Michelle!
__________________
My Journals:

Melissa's Headroom
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=889720

Desperately Seeking Balance
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=890147
deanslist is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2017, 09:12 PM   #62
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member
 
MichelleHu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Michigan's U.P.
Posts: 810
Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 257/213.6/140
WOE: LC/GF Fung Fasting
Start Date: 12/1/2001 then 5/29/13 restart 12/29/16
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanslist View Post
I tried to post 2x this morning and computer crashed twice- so annoying! I gave up after that.

Yesterday went great, I ended up at 760 cals and 22 carbs. I think my sore throat reduced my appetite. I also completed the Piyo workout and the ab ripper- feeling very accomplished about that! I'm super sore today too.

8 hours of sleep helped my scratchy throat and I'm much better today. Also starving. It's embarrassing to eat hard boiled eggs around my intern, so I haven't eaten yet today! I'm picking the kids up and then going home to eat and do my workout.

Congrats on the loss Michelle!
Glad your feeling better. We are heading into that season. And heck if a sore throat kills an appetite heck why not.
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 04:17 AM   #63
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennesee
Posts: 1,549
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 231.2/207.6/155 5'7"
WOE: Keto-Stillman
My son had a football game yesterday and everyone decided to go to a burger place afterwards. All I had was a couple cheese sticks. Breaded but under 20 carbs for what I ate. I was rewarded with a .8 drop. I just couldnt bring myself to eat the red meat. (burgers)

I was a vegetarian from the age of 12 till I was 32. When I was pregnant with my son I HAD to have a cheeseburger. I have been eating meat ever since. The last year I have been having meat aversion again and cut red meat out almost completely. I still like burgers (occasionally) if they are with all the fixings but not just a patty.
__________________
Ashley~
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 04:19 AM   #64
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennesee
Posts: 1,549
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 231.2/207.6/155 5'7"
WOE: Keto-Stillman
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanslist View Post
I tried to post 2x this morning and computer crashed twice- so annoying! I gave up after that.

Yesterday went great, I ended up at 760 cals and 22 carbs. I think my sore throat reduced my appetite. I also completed the Piyo workout and the ab ripper- feeling very accomplished about that! I'm super sore today too.

8 hours of sleep helped my scratchy throat and I'm much better today. Also starving. It's embarrassing to eat hard boiled eggs around my intern, so I haven't eaten yet today! I'm picking the kids up and then going home to eat and do my workout.

Congrats on the loss Michelle!
Glad you are feeling better! Except for the soreness. At least you know it is working.
__________________
Ashley~
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 05:29 AM   #65
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
deanslist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 3,569
Gallery: deanslist
Stats: 5'3.5" 185/125/120-123
WOE: Stillman diet/flexibility on weekends
Start Date: 1999 (Atkins) Lost most of my weight
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
My son had a football game yesterday and everyone decided to go to a burger place afterwards. All I had was a couple cheese sticks. Breaded but under 20 carbs for what I ate. I was rewarded with a .8 drop. I just couldnt bring myself to eat the red meat. (burgers)

I was a vegetarian from the age of 12 till I was 32. When I was pregnant with my son I HAD to have a cheeseburger. I have been eating meat ever since. The last year I have been having meat aversion again and cut red meat out almost completely. I still like burgers (occasionally) if they are with all the fixings but not just a patty.
I know what ya mean about meat. I was a veg in high school and also when i got married, but started in on meat again about a year later. Last year I ate only potatoes for about six months- also some veg on weekends- initially I lost weight but then it stalled quickly and I seemed to be gaining a little. I have, at times, thought of the plant based diet but I don't think I'd lose as well as I am now.

You did great with only 2 cheese sticks! I don't know if I could control myself!
__________________
My Journals:

Melissa's Headroom
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=889720

Desperately Seeking Balance
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=890147
deanslist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 06:12 AM   #66
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
deanslist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 3,569
Gallery: deanslist
Stats: 5'3.5" 185/125/120-123
WOE: Stillman diet/flexibility on weekends
Start Date: 1999 (Atkins) Lost most of my weight
Weighed in today at 124.4. Not much of a drop, but truthfully I'm so glad to be maintaining. It seems like my body loses in 5 lb increments and then needs to get used to being at the lower weight. Being fairly strict during the week and flexing a little on weekends has been working well. I've also been doing a higher carb day of around 100 carbs on Sundays- still no junk carbs though, it's coming from nuts, arctic zero and yogurt on that day.

Today is a rest day for Piyo and I'm glad- I'm still really sore. I managed to do the workout yesterday but it wasn't a full effort due to my soreness.

Have a great day! Praying for you, Jeanie!
__________________
My Journals:

Melissa's Headroom
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=889720

Desperately Seeking Balance
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=890147
deanslist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 10:05 AM   #67
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member
 
MichelleHu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Michigan's U.P.
Posts: 810
Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 257/213.6/140
WOE: LC/GF Fung Fasting
Start Date: 12/1/2001 then 5/29/13 restart 12/29/16
You guys are going so well. WTG bratty on the drop and the self control!

1/2 lb drop this morn, gots no problemo with that! Tomorrow is my salad day, no one ever got fat off a salad. Also having chorizo burgers so higher fat there and we will see what happens but I don't really think anything will. It's a guacamole bday he requested so I'm making 2 different guacs one for just chips and dip and one that goes on the burgers then a avocado dressing for the salad. Will be delicious but I'm keeping a tight limit on the guac and dressing for me. A guacamole birthday... whoever heard of such a thing, so I had to design whole menu around guac cause he was hungry for it when I asked him what he wanted. Mom even offered to do avocado brownies! I've hears they are truly wonderful. Okay I gotta go get to party prep and cleaning. I'm keeping my eye on you guys, it's the weekend! Keep it lean and mean!
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 12:22 PM   #68
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennesee
Posts: 1,549
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 231.2/207.6/155 5'7"
WOE: Keto-Stillman
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanslist View Post
Weighed in today at 124.4. Not much of a drop, but truthfully I'm so glad to be maintaining. It seems like my body loses in 5 lb increments and then needs to get used to being at the lower weight. Being fairly strict during the week and flexing a little on weekends has been working well. I've also been doing a higher carb day of around 100 carbs on Sundays- still no junk carbs though, it's coming from nuts, arctic zero and yogurt on that day.

Today is a rest day for Piyo and I'm glad- I'm still really sore. I managed to do the workout yesterday but it wasn't a full effort due to my soreness.

Have a great day! Praying for you, Jeanie!
It seems like you are maneuvering maintenance pretty good. I think you are doing great! Gives me hope. I should be there around the first of the year if I can behave myself.
__________________
Ashley~
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 12:26 PM   #69
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennesee
Posts: 1,549
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 231.2/207.6/155 5'7"
WOE: Keto-Stillman
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleHu View Post
You guys are going so well. WTG bratty on the drop and the self control!

1/2 lb drop this morn, gots no problemo with that! Tomorrow is my salad day, no one ever got fat off a salad. Also having chorizo burgers so higher fat there and we will see what happens but I don't really think anything will. It's a guacamole bday he requested so I'm making 2 different guacs one for just chips and dip and one that goes on the burgers then a avocado dressing for the salad. Will be delicious but I'm keeping a tight limit on the guac and dressing for me. A guacamole birthday... whoever heard of such a thing, so I had to design whole menu around guac cause he was hungry for it when I asked him what he wanted. Mom even offered to do avocado brownies! I've hears they are truly wonderful. Okay I gotta go get to party prep and cleaning. I'm keeping my eye on you guys, it's the weekend! Keep it lean and mean!
I could get fat off salad. I put all kids of goodies on there. A guac Bday! That is funny and creative. I have never heard of the brownies. I will have to look it up. Maybe the fat in the avocado makes a difference? I hope you all have a great time!
__________________
Ashley~
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 04:12 PM   #70
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
deanslist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 3,569
Gallery: deanslist
Stats: 5'3.5" 185/125/120-123
WOE: Stillman diet/flexibility on weekends
Start Date: 1999 (Atkins) Lost most of my weight
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
I could get fat off salad. I put all kids of goodies on there. A guac Bday! That is funny and creative. I have never heard of the brownies. I will have to look it up. Maybe the fat in the avocado makes a difference? I hope you all have a great time!
I could totally get fat off salad too... I'm thinking cheese, bacon, ranch, croutons would get me there in a hurry!
__________________
My Journals:

Melissa's Headroom
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=889720

Desperately Seeking Balance
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=890147
deanslist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 04:13 PM   #71
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
deanslist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 3,569
Gallery: deanslist
Stats: 5'3.5" 185/125/120-123
WOE: Stillman diet/flexibility on weekends
Start Date: 1999 (Atkins) Lost most of my weight
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleHu View Post
You guys are going so well. WTG bratty on the drop and the self control!

1/2 lb drop this morn, gots no problemo with that! Tomorrow is my salad day, no one ever got fat off a salad. Also having chorizo burgers so higher fat there and we will see what happens but I don't really think anything will. It's a guacamole bday he requested so I'm making 2 different guacs one for just chips and dip and one that goes on the burgers then a avocado dressing for the salad. Will be delicious but I'm keeping a tight limit on the guac and dressing for me. A guacamole birthday... whoever heard of such a thing, so I had to design whole menu around guac cause he was hungry for it when I asked him what he wanted. Mom even offered to do avocado brownies! I've hears they are truly wonderful. Okay I gotta go get to party prep and cleaning. I'm keeping my eye on you guys, it's the weekend! Keep it lean and mean!
Good luck with the party prep! Your food sounds totally yumtastic! I miss avacadoes!
__________________
My Journals:

Melissa's Headroom
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=889720

Desperately Seeking Balance
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=890147
deanslist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 07:40 AM   #72
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
deanslist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 3,569
Gallery: deanslist
Stats: 5'3.5" 185/125/120-123
WOE: Stillman diet/flexibility on weekends
Start Date: 1999 (Atkins) Lost most of my weight
Good morning everyone!

It's a cool and crisp morning here in MN. It's going to be in the low 70's today and then for the next week or so it will be dry and near 80. I am looking forward to that, not ready for fall/winter yet! I think we are taking the kids to the amusement park tomorrow - it should be warm enough for them to still do water stuff.

Yesterday I did really well, sometimes I slip a bit on Fridays, but I kept it to 1360 cals. I did have a little treat of arctic zero with a 100 calorie pack of nuts mixed in it before bed. It was really good. Of course I wanted more but told myself I'd save the other half for tonight.

Yesterday was also a rest day for Piyo which I was grateful for -- being so sore and unable to cough, sit up, or move without pain in annoying.. LOL.. but anyway I went to the gym after work and ran 2 miles. I don't want to lose the ability to run so I'm trying to get 2-3 sessions of that in per week. Today I will carve out 30 mins to do the Piyo workout.

We are going to a wedding reception tonight for one of my co-workers, should be fun, we haven't been to one in a while. I have no idea what the food situation will be like, but I'm usually safe if I can stick with some sort of meat!

Have a great day everyone, hope you're all feeling good! I was reading some other threads yesterday where people are struggling with their low carb plans and the scale is not budging - it made me remember how I used to be like that, I'd be following so closely and the scale wouldn't cooperate and it was beyond frustrating! I can also remember doing ridiculous things like pouring butter over meatballs and trying to 'up my fat..' seems so silly now! Once I started cutting the fat down, I was finally able to break my stubborn stalls. The lower fat I can keep stills, the better it works for me. Admittedly, sometimes I'm not able or motivated to do that, but at least I know that sticking to plain tuna and dry chicken always gets the scale to move!
__________________
My Journals:

Melissa's Headroom
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=889720

Desperately Seeking Balance
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=890147

Last edited by deanslist; 09-09-2017 at 07:44 AM..
deanslist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 07:58 AM   #73
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member
 
MichelleHu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Michigan's U.P.
Posts: 810
Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 257/213.6/140
WOE: LC/GF Fung Fasting
Start Date: 12/1/2001 then 5/29/13 restart 12/29/16
Coffee, Irma update, then get started on party stuff. No loss this morn but expected it after 3 great days. So body takes a breather, tries to get me to give up by telling me I'm starving and doubting myself, body starts goofing around with 2 oz up, 4 oz down, 2 oz up. In the meantime I am sticking to plan getting ready for the next woosh and I win! Perfect timing really for a mini break, one meal, keeping the splurge minimal compared to stills. Probably won't even eat until party. So I'll check in tonight and report on how I did, hopefully knowing I have to report will help keep me from losing my mind.
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 08:15 AM   #74
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
deanslist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 3,569
Gallery: deanslist
Stats: 5'3.5" 185/125/120-123
WOE: Stillman diet/flexibility on weekends
Start Date: 1999 (Atkins) Lost most of my weight
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleHu View Post
Coffee, Irma update, then get started on party stuff. No loss this morn but expected it after 3 great days. So body takes a breather, tries to get me to give up by telling me I'm starving and doubting myself, body starts goofing around with 2 oz up, 4 oz down, 2 oz up. In the meantime I am sticking to plan getting ready for the next woosh and I win! Perfect timing really for a mini break, one meal, keeping the splurge minimal compared to stills. Probably won't even eat until party. So I'll check in tonight and report on how I did, hopefully knowing I have to report will help keep me from losing my mind.
We are having almost identical mornings! Coffee, Irma update, and a little bit of work from home.

Enjoy the party! I know what you mean about getting addicted to the losses and needing to be patient while your body adjusts. I'm hoping for a FUN and successful day for you!
__________________
My Journals:

Melissa's Headroom
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=889720

Desperately Seeking Balance
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=890147

Last edited by deanslist; 09-09-2017 at 08:16 AM..
deanslist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 08:20 AM   #75
jeaniem
Blabbermouth!!!
 
jeaniem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 5,324
Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 170/129.8/125-130 5'1
WOE: lc
You ladies are kicking butt! I am looking forward to getting back to stillman-ish when things settle down a bit.
__________________
Refuse to quit!



http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...d.php?t=883453
jeaniem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 10:16 AM   #76
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member
 
MichelleHu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Michigan's U.P.
Posts: 810
Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 257/213.6/140
WOE: LC/GF Fung Fasting
Start Date: 12/1/2001 then 5/29/13 restart 12/29/16
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
You ladies are kicking butt! I am looking forward to getting back to stillman-ish when things settle down a bit.
We will be here for ya! Good to see ya check in!
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 11:04 AM   #77
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennesee
Posts: 1,549
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 231.2/207.6/155 5'7"
WOE: Keto-Stillman
Down .6 today. So much for my weekly weigh in. I cant stay off it!
In a pinch I had to have hot dogs for dinner. LOTS of salt so I expected a bit of a water gain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanslist View Post
Good morning everyone!

It's a cool and crisp morning here in MN. It's going to be in the low 70's today and then for the next week or so it will be dry and near 80. I am looking forward to that, not ready for fall/winter yet! I think we are taking the kids to the amusement park tomorrow - it should be warm enough for them to still do water stuff.

Yesterday I did really well, sometimes I slip a bit on Fridays, but I kept it to 1360 cals. I did have a little treat of arctic zero with a 100 calorie pack of nuts mixed in it before bed. It was really good. Of course I wanted more but told myself I'd save the other half for tonight.

Yesterday was also a rest day for Piyo which I was grateful for -- being so sore and unable to cough, sit up, or move without pain in annoying.. LOL.. but anyway I went to the gym after work and ran 2 miles. I don't want to lose the ability to run so I'm trying to get 2-3 sessions of that in per week. Today I will carve out 30 mins to do the Piyo workout.

We are going to a wedding reception tonight for one of my co-workers, should be fun, we haven't been to one in a while. I have no idea what the food situation will be like, but I'm usually safe if I can stick with some sort of meat!

Have a great day everyone, hope you're all feeling good! I was reading some other threads yesterday where people are struggling with their low carb plans and the scale is not budging - it made me remember how I used to be like that, I'd be following so closely and the scale wouldn't cooperate and it was beyond frustrating! I can also remember doing ridiculous things like pouring butter over meatballs and trying to 'up my fat..' seems so silly now! Once I started cutting the fat down, I was finally able to break my stubborn stalls. The lower fat I can keep stills, the better it works for me. Admittedly, sometimes I'm not able or motivated to do that, but at least I know that sticking to plain tuna and dry chicken always gets the scale to move!
I have to do a balance of Stills and higher fat. If I am really strict stills I stall badly. I only have to add a little extra fat to keep that from happening. Usually it is just my sausage patty for breakfast with my eggs. If I eat too much fat I also stall.
__________________
Ashley~
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 11:07 AM   #78
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennesee
Posts: 1,549
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 231.2/207.6/155 5'7"
WOE: Keto-Stillman
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleHu View Post
Coffee, Irma update, then get started on party stuff. No loss this morn but expected it after 3 great days. So body takes a breather, tries to get me to give up by telling me I'm starving and doubting myself, body starts goofing around with 2 oz up, 4 oz down, 2 oz up. In the meantime I am sticking to plan getting ready for the next woosh and I win! Perfect timing really for a mini break, one meal, keeping the splurge minimal compared to stills. Probably won't even eat until party. So I'll check in tonight and report on how I did, hopefully knowing I have to report will help keep me from losing my mind.
Enjoy your party! It is hard staying on plan with parties. Enjoy what you do allow yourself to eat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
You ladies are kicking butt! I am looking forward to getting back to stillman-ish when things settle down a bit.
So glad to hear from you. How are you doing?
__________________
Ashley~
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 05:14 AM   #79
betterthanever
Major LCF Poster!
 
betterthanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,392
Gallery: betterthanever
Stats: 265/168...168/155
WOE: Atkins/fasting
Start Date: Feb 2014
Bratty, you say you stall on strict Still? Do you have that sausage every day, or just occasionally?

I dropped every day for the first 11 days, then yesterday I went up for no reason. Of course, I'm in a panic. I'm sure my body just has to readjust, but I want a drop every day, darn it! I did a higher fat day yesterday, adding in a couple ounces of normal cheese and a chunk of pepperoni on a faux pizza with a chicken crust. I feel bloated this morning. The salt in the pepperoni maybe? I think I will stay off the scale this morning.

Does anyone else have to run to the bathroom all night? I drink a lot of tea during the day. I keep meaning to switch to water only, but have not been able to do that. I'm up at least 3 times every night, and I wonder if switching to water would make that better or if it's just the way it is when you have no carbs.
__________________
100 lbs lost!
betterthanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 06:54 AM   #80
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennesee
Posts: 1,549
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 231.2/207.6/155 5'7"
WOE: Keto-Stillman
Down another .6 I could get used to this! We smoked a couple more chickens yesterday and I made another batch of cloud bread. I'm set for a few days.
I'm going to have a few unplanned carbs today from using splenda in my decaf coffee. I ran out of my sweetener until tomorrow.
I have also been drinking plain water. No tea.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!
__________________
Ashley~
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 07:07 AM   #81
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennesee
Posts: 1,549
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 231.2/207.6/155 5'7"
WOE: Keto-Stillman
Quote:
Originally Posted by betterthanever View Post
Bratty, you say you stall on strict Still? Do you have that sausage every day, or just occasionally?

I dropped every day for the first 11 days, then yesterday I went up for no reason. Of course, I'm in a panic. I'm sure my body just has to readjust, but I want a drop every day, darn it! I did a higher fat day yesterday, adding in a couple ounces of normal cheese and a chunk of pepperoni on a faux pizza with a chicken crust. I feel bloated this morning. The salt in the pepperoni maybe? I think I will stay off the scale this morning.

Does anyone else have to run to the bathroom all night? I drink a lot of tea during the day. I keep meaning to switch to water only, but have not been able to do that. I'm up at least 3 times every night, and I wonder if switching to water would make that better or if it's just the way it is when you have no carbs.
Yes, I stall at about the week and a half mark and will stay there for at least a week. I don't know if the stall would have eventually broke because I did not have the will power to ride out the scale for longer than that week.

I have 2 easy over eggs and one sausage patty for breakfast everyday. Except Sunday. Too early to mess with that before church.
Lunch and dinner is usually chicken (no skin and I eat the wing and 3/4th of the breast) Or I will have a couple drumsticks or I will have a couple pieces of cloud bread with turkey lunch meat as a sandwich.
Evening snack I have 1/4 cup of shelled sunflower seed.

My guess is that because I was only around 600 calories I went into starvation mode. Adding that extra calories maybe keeps my body happy. I must also stay away from dairy. It stalls me pretty bad.

I have been doing Stills off and on, losing the same 20 pounds for 10ish years. I no longer have it in me to do Stills by the book. This is he first time I have gotten this far on it.
Then you have alleria... she went strict for like 3 months or longer and lost everything with no stalls. I think everyone is different.

I hope you hang in there. You can do this. Stalls are hard to ignore and not get frustrated. Keep coming back for support or to just scream about how much you hate chicken and eggs. I am guessing by your stats you are no stranger to the weightloss woes. Congrats on what you have lost!
__________________
Ashley~

Last edited by BrattyS; 09-10-2017 at 07:08 AM..
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 07:15 AM   #82
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
deanslist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 3,569
Gallery: deanslist
Stats: 5'3.5" 185/125/120-123
WOE: Stillman diet/flexibility on weekends
Start Date: 1999 (Atkins) Lost most of my weight
Happy Sunday, all! Better, I pee in the night too, regardless of what I'm drinking- I think it's the ketosis.

We went to an African wedding reception last night- it was very beautiful with lots of ethnic foods..i stuck to a chicken leg and I didn't see a cake so i dodged that bullet. I don't plan to weigh again til Friday. Got my workout in yesterday too.

Church this morning and then we'll spend the day at the amusement park. Have a great day, I will check in this evening.
__________________
My Journals:

Melissa's Headroom
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=889720

Desperately Seeking Balance
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=890147
deanslist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 04:10 PM   #83
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member
 
MichelleHu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Michigan's U.P.
Posts: 810
Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 257/213.6/140
WOE: LC/GF Fung Fasting
Start Date: 12/1/2001 then 5/29/13 restart 12/29/16
Dinner was awesome last night. I ate what I wanted but couldn't eat to much if I tried. I was stuffed after only a 1/4 of my meal. I worked on it most of the night. It was delicious.
We did have wine too a few glasses of that. I enjoyed it so much, really appreciate a good meal after doing stills for 2 solid weeks before. I'm not fully on plan today but will be tomorrow. Work on getting whatever water weight I gained back off. No biggie, I gotta enjoy life too during this weight loss journey. Now I have nothing planned for the rest of the month and I'm going to be rockin it!
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 04:55 PM   #84
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennesee
Posts: 1,549
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 231.2/207.6/155 5'7"
WOE: Keto-Stillman
Had a busy day! Cleaned the garage and the koi pond. We are suppose to get tons of rain and 30 mph wind starting around 1pm tomorrow. Hoping I don't lose power. That would be the only thing that could force me off plan. Extended time with no electricity... Peanut butter city!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleHu View Post
Dinner was awesome last night. I ate what I wanted but couldn't eat to much if I tried. I was stuffed after only a 1/4 of my meal. I worked on it most of the night. It was delicious.
We did have wine too a few glasses of that. I enjoyed it so much, really appreciate a good meal after doing stills for 2 solid weeks before. I'm not fully on plan today but will be tomorrow. Work on getting whatever water weight I gained back off. No biggie, I gotta enjoy life too during this weight loss journey. Now I have nothing planned for the rest of the month and I'm going to be rockin it!
Sounds like a good time was had. I agree you do have to live once in awhile. Just be sure to get right back on plan and expects a few days of getting back to where you was. It is one of the things I do not like about stills. I plan to have 1 day off at the end of the month. I have 2 weeks to figure out my meal plan.
__________________
Ashley~
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 07:16 PM   #85
betterthanever
Major LCF Poster!
 
betterthanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,392
Gallery: betterthanever
Stats: 265/168...168/155
WOE: Atkins/fasting
Start Date: Feb 2014
Yeah, I'm doing about 500 cal every day, unless I have a higher fat meal. DH grilled burgers today...even with a tiny one, I'm higher on fat than I would like to be. Well, back to strict Stillmans tomorrow. I will stay on track for the next few days and see how things go. I think my next step would be to water fast for a few days...not sure. I'll deal with that if and when the time comes. I'm so tired of this extra weight...I'm laughing at myself. I was just going to say "I'm willing to do whatever it takes," but I am not sure if that includes plugging along slowly. I want it NOW! lol
__________________
100 lbs lost!
betterthanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 05:46 AM   #86
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
deanslist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 3,569
Gallery: deanslist
Stats: 5'3.5" 185/125/120-123
WOE: Stillman diet/flexibility on weekends
Start Date: 1999 (Atkins) Lost most of my weight
Happy Monday! I had a nice weekend of some off plan things. Nothing high carb or sugary, but I did have sunbutter, veg and dip, nuts, and arctic zero. My cals were around 1700 both Saturday and yesterday- today I will reign it in.

We spent the day at the amusement park yesterday and walked 5.5 miles by the time we left. We ate before we went so I wasn't tempted by the food at all. DH and the kids had Dippin dots and I opted for a Coke Zero. It was 7:30 when we got home and I was exhausted- but I'm proud that I still made myself do the Piyo workout. Today is the start of week 2.

I'm still kinda stufffy today and not feeling 100 percent. Wish I had the day off.. lol. I'm planning to eat only eggs today.
__________________
My Journals:

Melissa's Headroom
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=889720

Desperately Seeking Balance
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=890147
deanslist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 06:20 AM   #87
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennesee
Posts: 1,549
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 231.2/207.6/155 5'7"
WOE: Keto-Stillman
Down .2 today. I am sore from all the work yesterday. Today I am doing laundry. Fun fun. Our rain and wind is suppose to hit about 5 now. School is letting out 2 hours early so less peace and quiet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanslist View Post
Happy Monday! I had a nice weekend of some off plan things. Nothing high carb or sugary, but I did have sunbutter, veg and dip, nuts, and arctic zero. My cals were around 1700 both Saturday and yesterday- today I will reign it in.

We spent the day at the amusement park yesterday and walked 5.5 miles by the time we left. We ate before we went so I wasn't tempted by the food at all. DH and the kids had Dippin dots and I opted for a Coke Zero. It was 7:30 when we got home and I was exhausted- but I'm proud that I still made myself do the Piyo workout. Today is the start of week 2.

I'm still kinda stufffy today and not feeling 100 percent. Wish I had the day off.. lol. I'm planning to eat only eggs today.
Sounds like a good time! I do not care for dippin dots so they would not have tempted me either.
__________________
Ashley~
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 06:22 AM   #88
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennesee
Posts: 1,549
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 231.2/207.6/155 5'7"
WOE: Keto-Stillman
Quote:
Originally Posted by betterthanever View Post
Yeah, I'm doing about 500 cal every day, unless I have a higher fat meal. DH grilled burgers today...even with a tiny one, I'm higher on fat than I would like to be. Well, back to strict Stillmans tomorrow. I will stay on track for the next few days and see how things go. I think my next step would be to water fast for a few days...not sure. I'll deal with that if and when the time comes. I'm so tired of this extra weight...I'm laughing at myself. I was just going to say "I'm willing to do whatever it takes," but I am not sure if that includes plugging along slowly. I want it NOW! lol
Same. I want it gone now! I did calorie counting and working out years ago and lost 12 pounds in 3 months. Way too slow for me. I hope that scale gets to moving for you soon.
__________________
Ashley~
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 12:25 PM   #89
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member
 
MichelleHu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Michigan's U.P.
Posts: 810
Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 257/213.6/140
WOE: LC/GF Fung Fasting
Start Date: 12/1/2001 then 5/29/13 restart 12/29/16
I woke up with a big head cold. I haven't eaten anything, I can't face the meat in my fridge. Not even getting water in to flush the gain from bday party. And the way I feel right now I just don't care. I'm back in bed now until Violet gets up from nap. So it will be even more days to get rid of the water gain. I'm hiding in bed and I will deal with it all when I feel better. Hopefully that's tomorrow.
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 12:46 PM   #90
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennesee
Posts: 1,549
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 231.2/207.6/155 5'7"
WOE: Keto-Stillman
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleHu View Post
I woke up with a big head cold. I haven't eaten anything, I can't face the meat in my fridge. Not even getting water in to flush the gain from bday party. And the way I feel right now I just don't care. I'm back in bed now until Violet gets up from nap. So it will be even more days to get rid of the water gain. I'm hiding in bed and I will deal with it all when I feel better. Hopefully that's tomorrow.
Head colds are horrible. I hope you feel better soon. Take care of yourself.
__________________
Ashley~
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:43 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2017 Netrition, Inc. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Netrition, Inc.