Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 01-30-2015, 12:55 AM   #31
FatBomb
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FatBomb
I'm an Atkins girl, too, and, also one that needs to count calories! I haven't started counting calories yet...that one's hard yet, but, I know that is what I will have to do to keep losing. I'm rotating egg fasting every other week and it helps straighten me back out and get back in the right frame of mind, but, I tend to blow it with too many calories on the Atkins portion of the diet. I'll have to rein the calories in slowly over time, I think...or I'm liable to go on a binge. So long as I continue to lose and just stay on the diet, it will get easier to start eating less as I get used to the routine of the WOE.
FatBomb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2015, 05:44 AM   #32
lindalove
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lindalove
Stats: 192.7/189.7/130
WOE: ATKINS!!!
Start Date: January 23, 2015
FatBomb, why do you keep going on these fat fasts? I also read one of your menus, wherein you eat 1/2 cup of macadamia nuts. That's almost 800 calories and you drink that (ugh!) coffee with oil. I mean, are they really helping you?

You're a very beautiful woman and it can be so much easier for you. What are your thoughts on a revamp?
lindalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 05:08 PM   #33
FatBomb
Senior LCF Member

LOL! The macadamia nuts were NOT part of the diet! I'm just trying to be honest with my food accounting, so, if I blow it, I am listing it in my journal. I had to have my sister hide the nuts...I can't leave them alone when it's a huge 5lb bag of them.

I've only done one fat fast back in October before I joined this site. That one was restricted to 1000 to 1200 calories with 80%+ calories from fat, and, 20g of carbs or less. I did ok sticking with it, but, didn't have scales at the time so I don't know what weight I might have lost. The egg fasts I'm doing now, every other week for 4 days, serve several purposes for me, 1. they restrict me and force a little portion control training. 2. Fast weight loss 3. get me into ketosis...in case I drop out. 4. Jumpstart weight loss again on the regular diet if I'm stalling. Right now I'm happy with how this plan is working for me. I've lost a total of 21.8lbs. in this first month - a pretty good weight loss on any diet...even with all my 3000-4000calorie days! I know it could have been better. That is what I will be working to improve on, but, if I don't go gradually in restricting calories, I know I'll just rebel against the diet and blow it completely.

My coffee is my modified version of mocha and Bullet Proof coffee, I love my mocha in the mornings and usually it is all I will consume until dinnertime. I used to make it with almost 3/4 cup of non-dairy creamer to a quart-sized mug with half a pot of coffee, until I started low carbing when I switched to heavy whipping cream instead of the non-dairy crm. I've been able to eliminate the cream now as long as I have the eggs whipped up in it. I've been experimenting with it since trying it with the raw eggs and I think it works well, and, tastes great with the 2 eggs, 2T butter, 2T coconut oil, cocoa and stevia. Anyway, I count it as two meals and it will last me until dinner time with no hunger or cravings...and it gives me a boost of energy to get going in the morning, too.

Last edited by FatBomb; 01-30-2015 at 05:12 PM..
Old 01-31-2015, 09:32 AM   #34
lindalove
Senior LCF Member

So, how much weight have you lost since December? I was bummed for 2 1/2 weeks of not losing any weight and I was doing EVERYTHING the EFGT members were telling me to do. Eating whole avocados, double portions of bacon and eggs, and pork with fat, butter, etc. I wasn't losing, I WAS GAINING!!! Oh, Lord.

In my frustration, I did some research and figured out that I was consuming way too much fat and calories, even though the diet said I could eat as much as I wanted and then some. Not true. I cut my calories and fat consumption. I only use enough fat to coat a pan I'm going to use. I only use enough butter to season a whole pot of cauliflower. I just don't see the logic in putting 200 calories of oil in my coffee, and then turn around and fast for 4 days or however long. It doesn't make sense to me. Within the past week, I have lost 3 lbs. The fact is, I CAN'T eat as much fat as I want, I CAN'T load piles of meat on my plate, I CAN'T (and won't ever) put 200 calories of oil in my coffee. But, that's me.

I want to be able to sit down, have a properly portioned meal, and go about my business. I don't want to skip meals because I ate one giant meal or drank something that suppressed my appetite. I might as well take diet pills for that. Your metabolism slows every time you skip meals and when you do finally eat, your body will begin storing it as fat.

You don't need to have someone hide food from you. Just don't bring it home.

Last edited by lindalove; 01-31-2015 at 09:39 AM.. Reason: I'm an editing nut!!!
Old 01-31-2015, 05:06 PM   #35
FatBomb
Senior LCF Member

As of yesterdays weigh in, I was down a total of 21.8lbs since starting this on Dec 28. I did some on-again, off-again diets prior to Nov 2014, but, didn't have scales to weigh in on, so, don't know how I did.

I know what you are saying about restricting calories even when the plan says not to. Some of us just can't like you, and, (I know)me. I've been fighting it, trying not to go the strict calorie counting, because I hate that, but, I am also totally out of control most of the time, and, barely keeping control the other times. LOL, regarding the oil in the coffee! I do that because I don't want to bother with a meal...it is the meal. For me, one big meal for dinner would be far preferable to little snacks and meals dotted out all day long. That is too reminiscent of Jenny Craig, Nutrisystem and all the other Big Plans I tried to follow in the past...came to detest them and anything like them. If it resembles/is the noxious pseudo-non-food from those programs, well...I just can't do that any more. I want a meal that fills me up and leaves me satisfied, and, if that means all my calories are in one meal, then I would be happier not eating anything all day except the one meal...including my coffee. From my browsing the various diet plan forums here, it is obvious there are many approaches to achieve the same goal...it's just finding the one, with or without personal modifications, that works for each individual.
Old 02-01-2015, 10:05 AM   #36
lindalove
Senior LCF Member

Fatbomb, I have something I know you'll like! Check this out. Last night's dinner! You'd never know the crust was made from cauliflower because you never taste it. Meatballs, tomato sauce, green peppers, onions, mushrooms, whole roasted garlic cloves, and fresh basil.

Tasted like a NY or Philly pizza.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Low Carb Pizza Dough.JPG (92.0 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Baked Low Carb Pizza.jpg (34.7 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg LC Pizza Slice.jpg (33.3 KB, 11 views)
Old 02-02-2015, 12:34 AM   #37
FatBomb
Senior LCF Member

ummm....looks good!
Old 08-10-2016, 08:18 AM   #38
sweetpoison
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sweetpoison
Stats: 238/238/160
WOE: 12 WEEK SPRING FEVER CHALLENGE
Start Date: 01/23/2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindalove View Post
Fatbomb, I have something I know you'll like! Check this out. Last night's dinner! You'd never know the crust was made from cauliflower because you never taste it. Meatballs, tomato sauce, green peppers, onions, mushrooms, whole roasted garlic cloves, and fresh basil.

Tasted like a NY or Philly pizza.
Darn.... would have loved to have the recipe for this..... but does not look like the poster has been around for quite some time.... anyone else have it?
sweetpoison is offline   Reply With Quote