Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 01-11-2016, 09:20 PM   #91
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT + Fast Five
Start Date: June 2012
I went through YEARS of horrible sore throats. Found out later I passed through the time when they did NOT remove tonsils. I wish mine were out, but here they are. I haven't had a sore throat in ages, now.

Maybe they'll remove Maddox's tonsils. I think it's more in fashion.

I agree - Alabama wins too much. LOL I'm always for the underdog.
Sandy I'd love to meet you in real life. A mile or two is awfully close...

I thought it was a lot for one day, too. She's young.

Carolyn I'll ask about the Fredonia family.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2016, 06:49 AM   #92
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/143.8/140-145 5'6"
WOE: Fast-5 intermittent fasting
Start Date: January 2003
I'd LOVE to meet you IRL too Judy! When you come if you think you have even a minute to spare you'll have to let me know and I'll come meet you! That would be fun. And if Cindy's not working that day I'm sure she'd love to come meet you too.

Drum roll please........I am NOT into the 30s yet but as of this morning I've finally lost an even 15# since I started. At 140.2 this morning so those 30s are getting mighty close! I'm thrilled that I was able to make it through the holidays holding my own and then able to get back on track and continue on. This WOE truly does feel like a miracle for me.

I still have my tonsils too. My DD had hers out in kindergarten and her DS had his out when he was TWO!!! My son didn't have to have his out. The only one of 5 kids who had them out in our family was my little brother and I really don't even remember him being sick. We were pretty poor growing up and only went to see a Dr if we were dying. I could count on one hand how many times I saw a Dr before I got married. DH said his mom ran him to the Dr just about every week for something! And we never wore our hats or gloves and half the time not even our boots in the snow. And if we got a cold we just fought our way through it. It's a wonder we all made it, lol.

Food can wait!
There. Will. Always. Be. Food.
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 07:48 AM   #93
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Wow Sandy you must feel fantastic. I just can never believe how I am now able to just tell myself not to eat and I don't eat. Never happened in my life before. When I first started EFGT, I felt so satiated I rarely snacked or over ate. And that lasted a couple of years. I think I've done plenty of damage to myself and obviously have genetic predisposition to metabolic disorder, and kept creeping up.

I have no idea where this Fast Five will lead me in total weight, but it's really helped me get back down and enjoy my clothes again.

Sandy I'm in awe of your goal. A few years ago I might have scoffed, but I'm pretty sure you have a handle on your health and what's good for your body. Rock on!!

If we go up there, I'll definitely let you know. That would be so much fun.
Old 01-12-2016, 08:17 AM   #94
Buffy45
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Fast 5
Start Date: 10/31/15
Morning!

Judy, I suffered from after Christmas funk for years until I finally realized I suffered with SAD. After realizing that, the dr. Put me on an antidepressant starting in fall of each year and I would quit taking it in the spring. Now I just take it year round. The Cymbalta seems to be working better than most, haven't felt that at all this year. Of course I lack motivation but that seems to be ongoing and like you, I find so much to look at online.

Sandy, hoping this treatment works well for your friend.

Carolyn, I will have to look up the instant pot, not sure what that is. Went grocery shopping yesterday but bought very little other than some meat. We make so few meals these days. Eat a lot of leftovers from eating out and kind of graze the rest of the time.

Yesterday, finally, was my day to get back to fast 5 strictly, how many times have I said that now. But, I did. Ate all I wanted at 2:30 and nothing since. I am hungry this morning since I didn't eat twice yesterday but hope to hold out until at least 2. I can do it, I can do it, I can .......
Old 01-12-2016, 08:24 AM   #95
Buffy45
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sandy, you are our super girl on fast 5. Wow, you have certainly found your sweet spot as far as WOE goes. I was surprised that I only gained a couple of lbs over the holidays when my fast 5 was more of a sluggish 12 . I sure was ready to get back to how much better I felt when doing it strictly, instead of that full, bloated, I feel so fat feeling.

Wish I could be there to meet up with ya'll, said in my acquired southern drawl
Old 01-12-2016, 08:32 AM   #96
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

You CAN do it Buffy!!! Just find something to keep you busy and 2:00 will be here before you know it!

I used to get SAD every year too. Then I started going to Mexico in the winter so I would go to the tanning booth a little bit to get some color. Well, after a couple years of this I realized I wasn't getting that down feeling like I always did. I used to blame it on after holiday blues, but I really think it's season related and the lights from the bed really help. DH even says they really help and he's only just started going the last couple of years.

Judy, back when I was 22 my original WW goal, which was always set by them, was 128 I think. Now umpteen years later I know that would not be a good weight for me. But I think the high 130s will be fine. My current WW goal is 159! Which is the very top of the range for my height. I picked that just to have a window before I'd have to pay if I ever went over that. I haven't gone over that at least since 2000 because I've weighed in monthly ever since then so I know at least on my weigh in days I was never over that number. I think I also set that number when I was at my highest non-pg weight ever one time when I went back to WW and wanted to reach "free status" asap.

Food can wait!
Old 01-12-2016, 08:34 AM   #97
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Sandy, you are our super girl on fast 5. Wow, you have certainly found your sweet spot as far as WOE goes. I was surprised that I only gained a couple of lbs over the holidays when my fast 5 was more of a sluggish 12 . I sure was ready to get back to how much better I felt when doing it strictly, instead of that full, bloated, I feel so fat feeling.

Wish I could be there to meet up with ya'll, said in my acquired southern drawl
Boy that's the truth about not feeling so fat and bloated. I feel well.

Love that acquired southern drawl! Lol!
Old 01-12-2016, 10:32 AM   #98
Buffy45
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Definitely seasonal and light related. I even have one of those lights you sit in front of, had it on my desk when I worked in office a lot. Can remember telling my first doctor on this that when spring approaches the light looks so nice and bright. Then I realized drugs for SAD do the same . It's all about the lights baby, go towards the light

Still holding out at 11:30, window today may be 1-6.
Old 01-12-2016, 02:06 PM   #99
CarolynF
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/157/145
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
It was nice too see the sun!!!

Sandy, you are tiny!!!!

I ordered the Instapot from Amazon.. The 7 process one. Then I ordered the bone birth diet book by Dr. Kellyanne. Jimmy's podcast was very good. She believes in mini-fasting with bone broth.

I got down to 128 on a lean for Life. It is like a lowcarb weight watchers. But peeps said my face was too thin. Lolol.

Go, Buffy.

CarolynF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 09:45 PM   #100
DebbyL
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Hi y'all,
So, you're getting some winter now?
I've been reading, but not posting. Haven't felt well for a week. They're painting the church & its really wrecking me... one more week of painting. Just happens to be my busiest time of the year to do year-end, etc...
Praying that opening the windows & wearing my long-johns will help tomorrow.
Hope you are all well.
Old 01-12-2016, 10:03 PM   #101
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Debby, so sorry you aren't feeling well.
Tomorrow sounds cold, but better than paint fumes.
Let us know.

Old 01-13-2016, 05:38 AM   #102
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

Ugh, paint fumes!! I wonder why they waited until winter to do the painting. I'm so sorry, I know that has to be miserable for you. Is there any way you can do some of your work from home?

Food can wait!
Old 01-13-2016, 06:41 AM   #103
Buffy45
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Whew, made it to my window yesterday. How quickly this makes you feel better!

Don't want too thin faces as we get older , not that I have to worry! Sandy, your recent pictures look great.

Debby, so sorry you still aren't feeling well. I sure know how that feels after my past several years. As Sandy says, any chance of working from home?

Carolyn, does the bone brought give you anything besides the minerals and vitamins? Calories, fat, etc?

Judy, how is your grand baby? Hope he is feeling better. And the new baby? Your family is growing fast.

Was busy all day yesterday selling some of my Michael Kors watches on our online garage sale site. Placed an ad with 5 watches and it went crazy, had over 45 responses and sold all 5. 1 tiny step for declutter .
Old 01-13-2016, 07:16 AM   #104
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

You know, at my age a few pounds more or less isn't really going to make much of a difference. My skin is as old as I am and it just wears out just like our bodies. It doesn't have to same resilience it did back when we were young. I have wrinkles and saggy jowls and crepey arms and thighs and they'll always be there. Fat or thin. If I keep a big smile on my face, hopefully that will detract from all my defects, lol.

I need to get back to my decluttering too. Not a job I love, until it's over and done with.

Babysitting our youngest great this afternoon. He has an ear infection. He's never stayed here without brother so it could be an interesting first few minutes after Momma leaves. But we'll find a way to distract him. I'm hoping anyway!

And today is my baby girl's 47th birthday!! That is just unbelievable to me that that much time has passed. And so quickly. The way time flies I feel like I should start saying my goodbyes now!

Food can wait!
Old 01-13-2016, 08:22 AM   #105
DebbyL
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
Ugh, paint fumes!! I wonder why they waited until winter to do the painting. I'm so sorry, I know that has to be miserable for you. Is there any way you can do some of your work from home?
Its all volunteer workers... this is the only time they have... can't be picky with free
Thanks, I was thinking about taking the computer home, but would need all my files too... and then there's the printer.
Old 01-13-2016, 10:26 AM   #106
Buffy45
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Debby, thinking laptops, flash drives, etc. something the church might not have

Sandy, like your idea of smiles detracting from our saggy bodies . Have fun with your little one, hope he isn't hurting too bad.

Hungry again this morning but busy so it will be 2 soon.

I have sooo much to declutter it will take a while. And it would be easier to just take to charity but am trying to sell some nice things to go into a new carpet fund. Sold watches yesterday, delivering them today. easier than having people coming and being stuck waiting for them, plus I have errands too.
Old 01-13-2016, 04:13 PM   #107
CarolynF

Hi ladies,

At the hair dressers, one of my 80 year old church ladies was there. She looks amazing, dresses like a 40 year old, always has a smile on her face and a great attitude. Attitude makes all the difference. Age is a number. I know some really old 50 year olds.

Buffy, Jimmy Moore had a podcast with the bone broth dr. DR. kellyanne P. She has a bone broth book out. 21 days to a new you is on PBS. I made bone broth once with vinegar. Not good. She says to leave it out and do check chicken first.

Paint fumes!!! Ewww...

Well, my grandcat has food allergies. Ruthie, the diva one, so they are changing her food as well as Pickles' food. Pickles loves it. Ruthie is rebelling a bit

My Instapot is coming tomorrow. I think I'll need to get rid of my old crockpot that was in Gary's dowry. It is over 40 years old so I might not trust the wiring to give it to someone.

Duh....gary said your plates are too big for the dishwasher. The spinner wouldn't go around. So, we just raised the top rack. duh!!! He said he always hated those dishes. Lolo

Old 01-13-2016, 09:35 PM   #108
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Poor Ruthie! She may feel better if she can force herself to eat the new food. Pickles sounds like a great cat.

So excited for your Instapot!!!!!

Dishwasher LOL!!

Debby - I see your files and printer couldn't come home with you. I hope you weathered the day. Let us know.

Buffy I kind of wish my window was 2-7. But I know good and well I want to eat or drink after 7, so I'll let that wish go.
I didn't try to fast at all today. I left the house early to go BACK to Watonga (drive, drive, drive, drive, drive) and stopped for a 10:30 breakfast/lunch at McDonald's. Two round eggs and a piece of sausage. That held me just great until dinner tonight.
I bet my stomach is shrinking.

Maddox is having to have steroids for the viral croup and it making him a crazy monkey. Poor Lindsey!
Sandy how was your Great grand?
Happy 47th to your DD!

My favorite line I've stolen: Our kids are so old we're starting to lie about THEIR ages!
Old 01-14-2016, 06:38 AM   #109
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

That's funny Judy! I'll have to use that one. The great-grand was perfect! We had so much fun and he didn't want to leave when his momma came to get him. We were exhausted! But in a good way. Not physically but mentally. He is a constantly curious little fellow full of questions and changes subjects like lightning! I asked DH, how would you like to do that every day for 10 hours every day. And he said there's absolutely no way we could ever hold up under that, lol. God indeed knew what he was doing when he decided the young would have to children and the old would just be backup for them.
We had a lovely dinner with DD and DSIL at Garrozzo's. One of our fav Italian spots. Her DD is fixing her a birthday family dinner on Sunday afternoon so tonight it was just us four.

Ok Girls!!!! I am in the 30s!!!! Barely, but I'm there!! 1.6 to my goal. Then I'm not sure what to do? I guess make my window bigger? I'll have to go back and re-read that part I guess. Or maybe take weekends totally off? I probably won't even start that though until we get back from Mexico. I'm sure I'll have a found a few pounds down there that I wish customs would seize when I come back. Although the last few years I've really not had very big gains from our trip. I think b/c we walk so much. I hope DH is able to do that still this year. I'm really hoping that most of his pain is going to disappear when we get down there. He usually does feel so much better when we're there. I think b/c of the warmth and different weather patterns. He said if that happens we might try to find a place and stay longer. I'd love that!

Food can wait!
Old 01-14-2016, 06:46 AM   #110
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

We've been looking very seriously at a community here by us that they're getting ready to build. It's called Village Co-operative. There are several of these already in Minnesota and Iowa and one other state that I can't remember. And they are building 5 in this area. They are 55+ co-ops that you buy into and then pay monthly fees that covers everything except electric and gas and your personal property insurance. You still get the benefits of home ownership by being able to deduct your real estate taxes, etc. but it's completely maintenance free. Down to and including changing light bulbs!! And it comes with everything, even the washer and dryer! It's a new concept for us and we're trying to wrap our heads around it and learn as much as we can about it. I'd love to be able to talk to some of the people who've lived in them for a long time. The first one they ever built was 15 years ago and it's had a waiting list for the entire 15 years! When you decide to leave they sell your share/place to somebody else and you get your share price back plus around a 3% add. It's going to be built less than a mile from our home now and DH really wants to stay right here close. He loves our neighborhood. I might ask on the PG if anybody knows anybody who lives in one.

Food can wait!
Old 01-14-2016, 06:49 AM   #111
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!! I am just blown away by your success, Sandy.
Honestly, with ALL the different weight loss methods you've tried (I've tried too many to count including Medifast now that I think of it), and IF-ing is the one.
If you can't find your free e-book let me know and I'll email you another.
This is very exciting!

Regarding staying longer in Mexico, that's what retirement is for!
Old 01-14-2016, 09:28 AM   #112
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you Judy! Yes, I've been on too many to remember too. But I do remember they all worked if I worked them. And that's where the breakdown would always happen. This plan, for NOW at least, is just perfect for my needs, wants and lifestyle. I'm actually too embarrassed to tell you guys what I eat every day! I love it!! And remember, I just had blood work done after 4 months and it was perfect!! So it's all good.

Food can wait!
Old 01-14-2016, 03:54 PM   #113
CarolynF

Hi ladies,

Back from my all day meeting. Didn't overeat, but my little pot was there waiting on the porch. Will open it up and read the instructions.

Sandy...OMGoodness. The 30's!!! Do tell us what you eat....never be embarrassed. Inquiring minds want to know.

That Co-op sounds like a good deal for downsizers. Do they have organized activities?

Judy, I was thinking the same thing about Ruthie. Maybe she will be more loving when her tummy feels better. Then again...

Tonight. Is that Shaun T show about different diets and different trainers. It was good last week. There is a lowcarb diet and the guy lost 21 pounds in 2 weeks.

Old 01-14-2016, 05:40 PM   #114
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

Carolyn, what I'm eating is definitely NOT anything sounding like a diet. That's one reason I hate to post about it too. I'm totally enjoying my food!

No, not really organized activities. Unless we would decide we'd like to set something up. It's run by the residents and every unit has a voting share. So I guess we could decide to have some organized activities if somebody suggested it and it was voted on and approved. I'm sure there will be card groups and bunco groups and sports watching events and pot lucks, etc. But I think those will just be impromptu type events. But who knows? This will be all new to us. We're going up to Sioux City the end of the month to check out one that's already up and running so that should be very interesting. If the weather cooperates. We went and walked the site this afternoon. Just us. DH's construction experience really will come in handy as this progresses. Or will drive us crazy! Do you remember that big, old stone house up on a hill on the east side of 87th Street just before Pflumm Rd as you go to Lakeview? The Co-op will be across the street from that. There's an old brick ranch home sitting there now. Of course that will come down and after some major excavating the building will be built there.

Food can wait!
Old 01-14-2016, 06:19 PM   #115
CarolynF

My Des Moines friends bought a condo after having a home. They just didn't want the upkeep of their big yard. They really like it. Jim is still working and they have family around
And friends as well. There are a few casual activites...they like not having to worry about yard work. Great like cation!

My Instapot heated up. Now I have chicken bone broth in there. Going to cook it for an hour under pressure.

My iphone5 has a defective battery, so I get a free one.. I charged this am and by 10 it was dead.

Old 01-14-2016, 09:01 PM   #116
DebbyL
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks everyone.
Today I was able to open my windows WIDE & nobody opened my door at all. My head cleared up & my symptoms are disappearing. PTL! Only time I had trouble was when I had to take bathroom breaks. Another great thing, I finished my books & took them to the accountant! PTL!
Knew you'd get it Judy

Looking forward to staying home & recovering tomorrow. My WOE is starting to improve... not where it should be yet, but hoping to start exercising more!
Old 01-15-2016, 04:36 AM   #117
Buffy45
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

2nd almost sleepless night . Every so often, so, hopefully tonight will be a great sleep.

My SIL told me about a book called The Untethered Soul. Just getting started on it, it talks about the voice inside your head. When you read that and think about it, well yes, there is a voice inside my head that either talks or sings every waking moment. It is in overdrive right now since I can't sleep. Will have to read further to see if I can do anything to calm her . I shall call her OF, other Fern or perhaps Buffy

Sandy, you just seem to be teeming with energy. Fantastic. I always understood when people said to travel and do things while you still feel able but I totally get it now. I don't think DH and I could live in a condo although we don't use out outdoor space hardly anymore. We have such a problem with mosquitos and they love me. We each have our tv viewing space since our viewing tastes are so opposite. But it sounds like a good option for you and your DH.

We still would love to hear what you eat on FF, can't be any crazier than my intake.

Have a toffee order next week. DH has sold firewood in the fall and winter for years, it started as a way for him to keep busy during our off season and utilize our truck and trailer. Now he just does it with existing customers and referrals. So, we got a call about wood from a friend of one of his customers and this man then says, is your wife the lady who makes that wonderful candy I had at Bob's house? So, called him and DH took wood to him and I am making him candy

My leg is better than when I went to the Dr. about it but still not right. Think I will go to Dr. again and see what he thinks about a shot of cortisone?

Today my now once a month cleaning lady is coming so I have a nail appt and then will run by the hospital. DD 3 is having her hysterectomy this morning at 7:30. Also fixing a bladder issue so they said a 4 hour surgery. If all goes well, she should feel so much better.

Congrats on the 130's Sandy

How is Maddox doing Judy?

Saw that show was on Carolyn but I didn't watch. Let us know of any magic, until then, on the FF. Shall we refer to fast 5 as FF for ease of use?

Debby, glad you could open windows this time of year, or did you trade the fumes for frost bitten fingers and toes

Last edited by Buffy45; 01-15-2016 at 04:37 AM..
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 05:41 AM   #118
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

How about F5? FF always has and always will bring to mind fat free to me from all my years doing WW and all those FF diets.

Our co-op will still have 2 bedrooms and who knows how many TVs, lol. So we can still separate and watch different shows if we'd like. And it's 1447 sq feet, so not real tiny. Our little duplex in Manhattan was barely 900 and we loved it! We've never lived in an apartment except for condos on vacation, but I think this will fit us very well. We have a deck and it will face some woods and a stream so it'll be nice to sit out there and enjoy nature. Which is about all we do now on the deck we have. I have a rather large bedroom set and I made sure it'll fit in the master. I think I'll have to get rid of one chair and a table for the great room area and I'm not sure about all my dining room furniture. I might need to get rid of it and just get a nice table and chairs. It's not like I ever use my china. Everything in that room is basically for looks and to have to clean!

I dropped a little more today. Now at an even 139. So that's 16.2# since starting and one pound away from goal. And of course, it's Friday so I doubt I'll see goal this weekend. But at least I know it's close.

Food can wait!
Old 01-15-2016, 10:34 AM   #119
Buffy45
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sandy, yes, F5 is better.

to fat free for sure.

The new place sounds perfect for you and you know you can live there and enjoy as because you did in 900 feet. So fun to have all new space. Dave can be a little hard to live with so we do best with him in Camp David and me in the house. Of course, I am not at all hard to live with

As I continue to purge, the good dishes and silver will probably have to find new homes too. I never use my dining room and notice that many dining room furniture is advertised for sale these days. Before we had Camp David, which is an addition to our house, we had the dining room as another little tv room for the kids.

Wow, over 16 lbs, that is wonderful!
Old 01-15-2016, 10:40 AM   #120
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Buffy there are whole schools and disciplines of therapy and meditation dealing with that critical inner voice. I have a doozy!!
I heard once that in the far East they call that voice the drunken monkey.

Love your success, Sandy! Gives me great hope!
This is one of those times we have to admit that we must eat whatever way works for us.
I am just not on good terms with wheat at all. I made a little popcorn last night and have stomach pains today. Grains and I are better parted. I'm sure millions of people are just fine with them.