Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 01-15-2016, 11:56 AM   #121
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/143.8/140-145 5'6"
WOE: Fast-5 intermittent fasting
Start Date: January 2003
I love that.....the drunken monkey! That's definitely my inner voice! And yes, I'm sure I have one. I wish sometimes she would just SHUT UP! Especially when I'm trying to sleep.

Food can wait!
There. Will. Always. Be. Food.
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2016, 12:02 PM   #122
CarolynF
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/157/145
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Yumm..enjoy my chicken bone broth from my Instapot. I thought dh would have a fit, but said his mom had a pressure cooker so it was okay. Lolol.

Buffy, great podcast by Dave Asprey and Wesley Chapman (dog's son) about that inner voice. It is our subconscious which was formed by 6. I listen to Dave all the time.

hi everyone..going to make pot roast.

CarolynF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 04:02 PM   #123
CarolynF

I did a pot roast in my Instapot. I cooked it for 40 minutes. It could have gone about 10 minutes more.

Got the book Bone Broth diet which is basically 6 cups of bone broth, two days a week, or 5 cups and a small meal at 7. The rest of the week is Lowcarb sensible meals. The bone broth recipes are made with lots of meat/bones..then you save the meat.

I have a Friday group I have been going to for several years. There are 8 women and one woman talks way too much. She can have a monologue for 45 minutes without taking a break. This is the way she is. SO, several of us decided the next time we meet, we need to give each person 8 minutes for sharing. We feel if someone said you are talking too much, she probably would be okay for a little while, then go right back to it. This is a group where everyone is there to share a short devotion and prayer request and it is supposed to last 2 hours tops..today it was a 3 hour event and not everyone got to share. Thought s????

Old 01-15-2016, 05:19 PM   #124
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

Sounds like a good idea Carolyn. My group of lady friends have started going around the group one at a time and sharing what's new since our last visit and whatever else they want to share. Then we move on to the next person. We've not had to time anybody yet; I think being put in the center of attention by all kind of makes everybody keep it pretty short. Then after everybody's through, everybody is talking all at once, lol. I think the timing is probably a good idea with the gal you're describing.

I don't like the meat that's left after cooking the bone broth. It's like all the flavor is cooked completely out of it and stays in the broth. That's been my experience anyway.

Today I had some cheese flavored popcorn, a breve latte and some leftover chicken spiedini and angel hair pasta with an olive oil based sauce. And a piece of soudough toast with butter.

Food can wait!
Old 01-15-2016, 05:47 PM   #125
CarolynF

Thanks, Sandy for your input. The timer seems like an extreme solution, but this gal really enjoys the attention she gets from everyone. Even though some may be falling asleep. Lolol
She also arrives late all the time...another attention getting method. We will wait a week to implement the timer because we are meeting at her house next week...Lolo. She never volunteers to have it, so we just sign her up. Lolol.

I have been using my Instapot for bone broth. I just cooked it for an hour and meat seemed to keep it's flavor nicely. I haven't tried the beef, but will get some tomorrow. Dh said he will go on the plan with me. Monday is our first day.

Your food sounds amazing. amazing.

Old 01-15-2016, 06:33 PM   #126
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT + Fast Five
Start Date: June 2012
Hmmmm... I think your timer solution may work - it doesn't single anybody out. Everyone is treated the same. I only wonder whether your friend might out-talk the timer. If she might disregard it. Then someone is put in the position of imposing the rule. Maybe there are several people ready to impose the rule and she'll just have to button it up.
I hate being put in that position.
I wish people were more self-aware.

Interesting you are going to a bone broth menu for a few days.
When I've made Buffy soup (not made with real Buffies), the meat falls off the bones and the bones are so soft you could chew up nearly all of them (we don't) and not know it. The meat is still very flavorful to us. But we add butter and salt.

Fascinating how short a time you'll need to cook to get tender results, Carolyn.
I'm so glad Gary was happy about it!

Well Sandy, you are doing what I think might happen to me. Although no sugar or grains for me because they make me feel bad. I think I might really be able to move to 1 meal a day. If dinner is early (like tonight) there's no interest in eating any more for me. My stomach is too full.

And the longer I've done F5, the less and less I even think about food until near my window. Today was 4:30 because I was traveling, but I came home and we went out for dinner quite early. I'm not interested in eating another bite.
I seem to be fine on Saturdays not fasting, but that's my only off day, usually.
I actually feel better not eating than eating. Once I start, I have not wanted to stop. Now there's no room!
I'm still eating greater quantity than you though, Sandy.

Maddox went back to the doctor today because he's still wheezing a lot. The doctor thinks she mis-diagnosed him. She thinks he had bronchitis that may have turned into croup. Nothing viral. Not contagious.
They ate dinner with us tonight and he was so happy to see us - he's irresistible!
Doc changed his treatment to using a nebulizer. He's been using oral albuterol (sp?) and it is making him a crazy person!
Old 01-15-2016, 06:49 PM   #127
CarolynF

Yup, we I'll use our cell phones as timers. One person will be in charge I think. .

Prayers for little Maddox. The croup...my brother used to get this. Do they have a humidifier? Hope he will be better over the weekend.

Old 01-15-2016, 06:50 PM   #128
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

He has a humidifier. You'd never know he was sick, but he coughs a lot. Doesn't bother him, LOL.
The steroids (I guess) are making him bounce off the walls!
Old 01-15-2016, 06:52 PM   #129
CarolynF

Kids are amazing.

Oh, a Pickles got into Beth's acrylic paints today..Lolol. He did make some art.

Old 01-15-2016, 09:05 PM   #130
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

NO!!!! Oh my gosh.

My friend in California kept her sister's bunny while they went on vacation.
The bunny got into the paint and hopped all around the carpets.
Old 01-16-2016, 06:48 AM   #131
CarolynF

Lol. On the bunny. There is a book called Cats Who Paint. Pickles could be famous. He spends a lot of time in "time out". Lolol..

Breakfast with Scarlet today. She joined the Quiz Bowl team in middle school. Will find out more about it.

My cousin Donna who visited me last Spring is writing a book about my uncle Stephen who was in Italy during WWII. So, I have some genealogy questions to fill in for her about my grandmother.

Think I'll get some bones from the grocery for the beef bone broth. I'm not OCD about getting it just right. The recipe book had lots and lots of meat and bones in the recipe. Way too much for me. I'll do the bargain version. Lolol.

Better hop in the shower.

Old 01-16-2016, 06:49 AM   #132
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

I did it!!!!! 137.8 this morning!!!! 17.4 since Aug 17! And all pretty painlessly, in my opinion. I'm so excited I feel silly. But I did want to share with all of you. It's not like I can go shouting out my news to everybody I see today, lol. Thank you to all of you for your support along the way.

Food can wait!
Old 01-16-2016, 06:50 AM   #133
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

I am blown away!!
What an accomplishment!!!!
Old 01-16-2016, 09:03 AM   #134
Buffy45
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Fast 5
Start Date: 10/31/15
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
Buffy there are whole schools and disciplines of therapy and meditation dealing with that critical inner voice. I have a doozy!!
I heard once that in the far East they call that voice the drunken monkey.

Love your success, Sandy! Gives me great hope!
This is one of those times we have to admit that we must eat whatever way works for us.
I am just not on good terms with wheat at all. I made a little popcorn last night and have stomach pains today. Grains and I are better parted. I'm sure millions of people are just fine with them.
Drunken Monkey it is
Old 01-16-2016, 09:05 AM   #135
Buffy45
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I guess what I hadn't really thought about before is that the Drunken Monkey never, ever, shuts up! No matter how much you shush it
Old 01-16-2016, 05:03 PM   #136
CarolynF

Sandy..That is amazing... Congratulations......

Well, my dryer died this morning..We celebrated our Silver Anniversary (25 years), so it was time to get another one. plus, I smelled that burnt smell..Not good.

Went to Bville..Ate at The Painted Horse..and went to Lowes.They had a sale on appliances, so my new dryer will be here Monday.

I was reading on FB from Alisha Marshall about circadian rhythms..She says that she
eats her one meal mid afternoon and that works for her. It was a good article.

Old 01-16-2016, 08:50 PM   #137
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Happy new dryer!
I really want all my appliances to never ever die.
But they do.

I got a new dishwasher a couple of months ago. It's a very fancy Bosch.
I use it on one cycle only. Every. Single. Time.
Hope it lasts a long time.

They don't make 'em like they used to!
Old 01-16-2016, 08:51 PM   #138
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Right - the drunken monkey just chatters and chatters and chatters and chatters.
We're not supposed to give it attention. Hoping it will go to sleep, I guess.
Mine is quite vocal.
Old 01-17-2016, 09:13 AM   #139
Buffy45
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My Drunken Monkey was already 2/3 s into a tirade when I woke up this morning, why, why, does she have so much to say and I'm pretty sure she never, ever sleeps . Almost wish SIL had not told me about this, I made it 70 years with her endless chatter not really paying attention, now I can't unhear her at all

Sandy, oh my, you have done an amazing job. Over 17 lbs in less than 5 months and on a diet you love! I won't have a loss this week I'm sure, the 2 sleepless nights were followed by eating for comfort I'm afraid. But, last 2 nights I slept well so I am ready to be in my 5 hour window again.

DD doing well,after surgery, very sore muscles though.

Poor little Maddox, Ollie has a lot of coughing issues too. Just did FaceTime with him and he showed me how he carefully combs his hair every morning. Very particular about his hair now. Grant just started that at 15

DH and I spent a lazy day yesterday, was very cold here, for us. Hard to think we used to endure those Iowa winters

New appliances. Love my new Dyson. Was going through the handbooks the other day and see my dishwasher is 20 years old and my washer dryer 16. No problems yet. DH is taking my old vacuum to the shop for a once over so I can take it to DS next weekend. No pets so should be better than his old one.

Going to make a couple of batches of toffee today, one for the order and 1 to take to the nurses at my diabetes dr.
Old 01-17-2016, 09:49 AM   #140
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

I'm hoping our appliances all hold up until our move next year. There will be all new ones in the co-op, including a new washer and dryer.

It was 8* here this morning at 8:00 and has dropped to 7. We got a little bit of snow here last night. I slept really well last night. My misfit tells me I had over 6 hrs of deep sleep! I think that's a record since I started keeping track.

Yesterday I ate a cheeseburger and had a few of DH's fries for lunch before we went to the legion to watch the game. And there I had some chips and cheese dip, some cheese and a Dream bar. The dream bars are also called toffee bars. I used to make them all the time when my kids were little and now the recipe is making the roundss again. They were a giant hit! I also had a few beers. Today is DD's birthday dinner with the family. It's at 2:30, so I'll open my window then. Yes, I do love this plan!!

I've got another sponge started for another loaf of sourdough. I'm going to add some whole wheat to this one too. I hope it turns out well.

Well I better go get ready to head to church. Have a great day everybody!

Oh, did you all see there's a new series on PBS starting tonight. Mercy Street, I think is the name. I'll tape Downton so please no spoilers here, please, please. I subbed to the official DA thread here on the boards so I never go into that one until I've watched the show.

Food can wait!
Old 01-17-2016, 11:36 AM   #141
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Okay - no spoilers here. We can wait!
It's more fun when we can all discuss it anyway.

Sandy the way you ate yesterday - cheeseburger + chips and dips + a dream bar - that is more than you usually eat? Or is it typical? This is just fascinating to me.
I can't eat wheat or grains and feel well, but the occasional french fry... yes please.
Old 01-17-2016, 11:39 AM   #142
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Buffy I'm so sorry your drunken monkey won't stop chattering!! I agree - if you aren't aware, it's much nicer. LOL

Glad you love your Dyson - I love mine, too.

I went to a movie yesterday - Brooklyn.
It was beautiful. I think it perfectly described my DIL's grandmother Maureen who came over from Ireland after the war and met her husband at the Irish club here in Tulsa. I don't think it's a guy movie, though. My friend and I just loved it.
Old 01-17-2016, 11:57 AM   #143
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

That moves sounds really good Judy!

I don't usually eat at lunch at all. That would/could be my meal of the day but it would be later in the day. And I feel like I ate a lot of dips/chips and snacks at the legion along with those beers. So no that's not a typical day. And it was a double cheeseburger! Lol. Today I'll have a meal at 2:30 and then around 6:30 or 7 I'll have a snack.

Food can wait!
Old 01-17-2016, 12:07 PM   #144
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Okay, thanks. Following closely...

I ate half a horse bucket of popcorn at the movie. LOL
Then my cute niece's birthday gathering later in the evening where I ate potato chips and potato chips. No wheat, but didn't feel so great.
And if any of you point your fingers at the entire half horse bucket of popcorn I will RUN into my bedroom, slam the door, flop onto my bed and cry myself into a stupor!

Very happily fasting today!
Old 01-17-2016, 03:32 PM   #145
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

I myself LOVE a horse bucket of movie popcorn!!! No pointing fingers here.

Ok, I had guacamole, chips, 7 layer dip, chips, a chicken burrito and spanish rice. Plus a piece of Raspberry Lemon 4 layer cake! That was my meal of the day. I doubt if I have anything else today. I'm stuffed. I have no idea why??? Lol.

Food can wait!
Old 01-17-2016, 03:39 PM   #146
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

That's the thing about IF-ing. If you're not eating all day, you can eat that way.
My whole life I've tried to manage 3 meals and snacks... Doesn't work nearly as well for me as having a short window of eating
Old 01-17-2016, 06:01 PM   #147
CarolynF

Hi everyone...

Need to see Brooklyn..My dad was born there.. I am a popcornaholic.

Sandy, if you lose weight on that wonderful plethora of food it will be a miracle..

I love that Ollie combs his hair..My ds wasn't careful about his hair nor were his friends.

I love my Instapot..I made enough bone broth for tomorrow..It is one sensible meal and the rest bone broth. It is supposed to be at 7..but I think I will choose breakfast, then bone broth the rest of the day..5 cups if you have a meal.

Ate Mexican today..then fell asleep at 3..Too many carbs. I will have no dinner, so it helps a bit..

New dryer is coming tomorrow. I resisted and didn't buy a new washer with it cuz my washer still works. It will probably konk out soon.

Yes, will watch Mercy Street..And no spoilers on DA..It is rather slow..as people are packing up their bags..LOL..I still want Edith's boyfriend to come back to life..

Old 01-17-2016, 07:03 PM   #148
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

That's the way I've been eating since starting this WOE. That's why I feel like it IS a miracle!!

Food can wait!
Old 01-17-2016, 07:32 PM   #149
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Yay for the new dryer!
I wouldn't have gotten the washer, either. I am very very very very (sometimes too) frugal.

Sandy I want to know every single thing you're eating every single day! LOL

One other downfall for me - carbs really give me reflux. I thought it was just wheat, but carbs in general apparently give me reflux.
Darnit.
And my tendency to binge on carbs when I've decided to let myself just makes me feel sickly in general.

I have issues. LOL
Old 01-17-2016, 07:34 PM   #150
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

I forgot to say - I think it is the sweetest thing I've heard in so long is Ollie carefully explaining and showing you how he combs his hair. That is darling.