Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 05-31-2016, 07:56 PM   #1
CarolynF
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/157/145
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
WARM WEATHER WEIGHTLOSS CHALLENGE

Starting us off...lets make it a great month!!!

CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2016, 08:00 PM   #2
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT + Fast Five
Start Date: June 2012
Thanks, Carolyn!
Old 06-01-2016, 06:36 AM   #3
CarolynF

Hi everyone! Yesterday I was 153! Finally got that rice weight off. now to focus on 150. This is my goal for June. Our vacation starts then, so...and it involves the Atlantic Ocean..

Off to my acu lady. She is doing the food sensitivities test today. She is not an expert in the blood drawing dept.

Nice day today.

We talked with our friends last Night. He has pulmonary fibrosis and he had two stents. Nothing stops that guy. We are going to see them in a couple of weeks. He is certainly not getting better as he is on oxygen all the time now.

Check in later.

Old 06-01-2016, 07:05 AM   #4
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Yay! Congratulations on 153! That weight is fine with me, too.
I'm sure you can meet your goal before you venture back to your homeland. What a wonderful time you'll have.

I'm 2/3 done with the azaleas. Will finish up this morning. Despite covering myself with icky bug spray, I still woke up with two itchy bug bites.
I think this job might be hired out next year...

Have a great day!

Last edited by JMCM1; 06-01-2016 at 07:06 AM..
JMCM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 08:10 AM   #5
DebbyL
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
153 sounds great to me.
I
Old 06-01-2016, 04:41 PM   #6
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/143.8/140-145 5'6"
WOE: Fast-5 intermittent fasting
Start Date: January 2003
Hi all!! We had a lovely week camping, even on the rainy days. And we finally got our boat out!!! Two days in a row! I tried to load the boat this time for the very first time and did not do so well. DH says it was ok for my first time in the wind but I felt like a failure. We came home earlier than usual this morning as our gray water tank was showing full and we sure weren't going to tear down and then re-set up for just the rest of today. Now I'm doing camping laundry, lol. The worst of the storms happened the evening we came back in to town to attend a dinner with our new co-op group. We had a small leak in one of our windows but everybody we talked to said they had the same. My DD said the trees were almost laying sideways in the wind. I'm thankful it didn't blow our trailer away!!

I used to love to garden when I grew vegetables and canned and froze them all. I just don't seem to have the same talent when it comes to flowers. My knock-outs look great but it's always a chore to prune them every spring. DH is always very eager to help me though, for which I'm thankful.

Food can wait!
There. Will. Always. Be. Food.
sjl330 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 04:57 PM   #7
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

I do MUCH better gardening with help!
Glad you got home for the worst of the storms.

I'd be surprised if anybody didn't need a little practice for perfect boat loading!
Old 06-02-2016, 05:48 AM   #8
CarolynF

Hi..

Thanks, Debby and Judy...I really want to hit 150, but will have to cut down my eating a bit.

Sandy, that boat loading stuff is hard, but you got home safe and sound.

Poor Texas!!! Floods are the worst because damage is so wide spread. We lived in Des Moines when they had that big flood and we had one here about 8 years ago.

Talked to my single brother in Arizona. He is like a hermit. We are all going to NH this summer, but he doesn't want to come. I invite him here, but he doesn't want to come. He says he likes his house and has his routine and likes it. Can you say Stick in the mud? Gary and I will probably go see him this fall or winter..he has plenty of money, so that is not the problem.. Men get weird if they don't get married. Just sayin...

Old 06-02-2016, 06:58 AM   #9
Buffy45
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Fast 5
Start Date: 10/31/15
Morning!
We are not flooded but it is around us and some areas of TX are terrible. Our ground is so saturated! I think it is to stop Monday and no rain for a week, whew!

My dishwasher finally gave it up, it was about 18 years old, it was really a good one. I had a back up in the garage lol. Who does that? I happened to see one listed in our local paper about a year ago, it was kitchenaid, the brand I like and almost new. Got it for $100. Knew I would need one soon. It is the plainest model they make but I just use 1 selection anyway, my only concern will be level of noise but we will see. My neighbor installed it yesterday. Also had to have a plumber out due to roots in a drain. Been a busy week.

Carolyn, you look great at 150 or 155, don't stress too much over it. Your brother sounds like a lot of people these days.

Sandy, the camping sounds great and boat loading and launching is difficult for anyone. I never did get comfortable with it.

Debbie, how are you doing on the low carb? I think most people benefit from that woe.

Judy, gardening used to be a pleasure, now I just want it easy, like everything else in my life.

Have been kind of extra tired and upset tummy all week but do you think I can sleep more than 6 hours? Nope! Grrrr

Grant coming tonight and our end of school catch up dinner. Oldest DD will be here all weekend before she heads off to Florida with the other kids. Love having her here.

Can't believe it is June! Wow
Old 06-02-2016, 09:33 AM   #10
CindyCRNA
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: Beer and pizza diet
Had Mexican and a margarita last night so not weighing! But when I weighed a week ago I was 128.

Finally quit raining here! And is warmer . It would be nice if it stayed like this. Pooter is hanging in there. She has her routine and her boyfriend visits daily. She likes bacon, sardines and being brushed.

My Avi is my horse Victor and me Heritage Park horse trials 5/16

"Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here!"

Official freer of canned worms

Find me on Facebook: Cindy Hadel Briles
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 09:37 AM   #11
DebbyL
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi gals,
Keto did the trick for getting me started, that's for sure. I'm so happy to be off of the sugar-cravings. But I'm noticing a bit of anxiety popping up for no reason. Hope its not the high-fat, but have a suspicion, since MCT oil does that to me (I'm not using that/just comparing). We'll see. I may have to switch over to LC if it continues.
I'm so glad you're all safe, from the crazy storms..
Old 06-02-2016, 12:30 PM   #12
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Old 06-02-2016, 03:28 PM   #13
CarolynF

Yup, crazy storms!!! Glad you are okay, Buffy.. Hmmm....do you think you have IBS? That sounds like my disease. I hope not for your sake, but Bentyl really helped me. Do you feel like someone is squeezing your intestines??

Debby, maybe you can bring down the fat a bit...glad you are kickstarted.

Cindy, Pooter and Alex never had a chance to date, but if they did, I know Alex would have put a ring on her paw immediately. Hope her Bf appreciates her for the Diva she is.

This is my Bladder Saga. Okay..my dr upped my estrogen in my troche and gave me some estradiol cream to use for 14 days, then a couple of times a week. This cream builds tissue, and I have no bladder pain or urgency!! pTL! I even had a cup of coffee this am at a meeting and have been waiting for the results, but nothing! I have had a hysterectomy years back, so no real hormones, so I import them.

Old 06-02-2016, 03:46 PM   #14
CarolynF

Judy, my bypass friend finally went to the doc and he had diminished breath sounds in the lower lungs, so Allen had an X-ray in Neodesha. They are awaiting the results. Thank you for mentioning this. I had immediately texted her last week but she poo pooed it because he wasn't gaining weight..but his breathing was bad. She is a nurse, too..so hopefully they will drain it off if there is fluid.

Old 06-02-2016, 04:33 PM   #15
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gosh, I didn't think about the fluid making them gain weight, but of course.
Bowe was quite thin after his surgery - not a big guy anyway - he had NO appetite in hospital or much for many days afterward. He just kept saying he couldn't get a good breath and that's what *clicked* for the doctor.

Hope this is simple and fixable for your friend.

WOWEE I hope this is just the thing for the bladder issues! You've had enough of that!!
I bet this will be just the thing. Yay healing cream!

In other news, after dragging it out for days, I finished radically trimming my poor poor azaleas, then fed them with the acid-loving food. They look a little surprised and wondering where lots of their limb friends have gone.

Debby I bet if you drop some of the fat you'll still lose weight. Hope you are feeling all right.

Dear Cindy 128. What is that like???????? For I shall never see that number!

I fasted until 4:30 today! Easily! I got hungry while trimming the azaleas but just kept drinking water. My stomach has really flattened out. I'm still not thin, but my torso just looks like it's lost a little fat. I'll weigh at the doctor's next week as I have still not found my scales.
Old 06-02-2016, 05:33 PM   #16
CarolynF

Judy, neither could Allen get a good breath. hopefully, it will get fixed. He might have to go to Bville. Yeah for your happy plants!! And for you losing! Yeah!!!!!!

Cindy is very tall and thin. Right, Sandy?

Dh's have a heart trap is here. He wants to catch him an armadillo and then kill him, so it is not very heart like. But he might catch something else. Armadillos don't like bait, so you just have to hope they stumble in the trap.

Old 06-02-2016, 05:33 PM   #17
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

My monthly average weight for this month was the lowest since I started this WOE. I was able to lose .75 pounds from last month and that was with a LOT of days of NOT fasting. I'm so very thankful I decided to do this. I mostly feel like I'm just maintaining now but when I go back and look at my records they show a SLOW downward trend and I'll certainly take that anyway I can get it! I know summer is going to be harder for me but if I can at least maintain I'll be happy.

My dad went to the Dr today for some pain he's been having for quite a while and the Dr told him he needed a hip replacement!! He said he really needs to think that one over. I told him he'd be smart to do it before I leave for the winter so everything wouldn't fall on my little brother's shoulders to have to deal with, so we'll see what he decides to do. He's already had 2 knees and a shoulder. He'll be 86 in July and looks like he's in his early 70s. To me anyway. The pain is limiting his activity and I'm afraid he's really going to go downhill fast if he can't remain active.

I got some errands done today but nothing really noticeable around this house. It's horrendous right now!!!!

Food can wait!
Old 06-02-2016, 05:35 PM   #18
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

Yep Cindy is very tall and thin and beautiful!! You all think I have good metabolism??? I'd love to have Cindy's for sure!!

Oh Gary might catch a possum!! We'll need pics!! Of whatever he catches.

Food can wait!
Old 06-02-2016, 05:35 PM   #19
CarolynF

Hoping your dad gets his hip done now. He needs to visit you in Texas.

Yeah for your loss. You are at a perfect weight

He might catch. the neighbor's cat/possum/turtle/turkey/whatever. I think he has been watching too many shows on Alaska.

Last edited by CarolynF; 06-02-2016 at 05:37 PM..
Old 06-02-2016, 06:30 PM   #20
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Hoping your dad gets his hip done now. He needs to visit you in Texas.

Yeah for your loss. You are at a perfect weight

He might catch. the neighbor's cat/possum/turtle/turkey/whatever. I think he has been watching too many shows on Alaska.
Ditto everything Carolyn said.

But all the possibilities of things he might catch are making me LAUGH!!!
Old 06-04-2016, 01:12 PM   #21
CarolynF

Happy Saturday!!

Made some more ice cream.. the trap is still in the box, so no critters were caught yet.

It is pretty nice outside. I'm doing some genealogy for a Girls Night Out party we are having here in a couple of weeks. I'm tracing 2 sisters' dad's family. It is very interesting as when they were in Virginia, they had slaves, and one grandpa was a Captain in the Revolutionary War. Family history can be very revealing. Lolol.

Old 06-04-2016, 08:56 PM   #22
CindyCRNA
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Hi gals,
Keto did the trick for getting me started, that's for sure. I'm so happy to be off of the sugar-cravings. But I'm noticing a bit of anxiety popping up for no reason. Hope its not the high-fat, but have a suspicion, since MCT oil does that to me (I'm not using that/just comparing). We'll see. I may have to switch over to LC if it continues.
I'm so glad you're all safe, from the crazy storms..
I have read that it can be a side effect in some. Maybe it will go away with continued use.

Judy, are you watching Preacher on AMC? New series on Sun night.

Last edited by CindyCRNA; 06-04-2016 at 08:58 PM..
Old 06-04-2016, 09:06 PM   #23
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

I started watching the first one. I might have to catch up.
Do you like it?

I am thinking very strongly of switching from my cable company to a dish or something, but honestly if it doesn't have that network, I'll probably pay the millions of dollars they want me to pay. And it goes up every time I turn around!
Old 06-04-2016, 11:20 PM   #24
DebbyL
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi,
Well, I heard that the effects wear off after the body adjusts & I have not felt anxious for the last 2 days. So I'm hopeful. Lost another half lb. this week... took 6 days to recover from going out for quesadillas Sunday. That'll teach me. I am very happy to be free of the pull of sugar & have my appetite decreased.
Judy, they keep raising the cost of Satelite service too... don't think there's any way around it... except maybe neflix.
Old 06-05-2016, 06:57 AM   #25
CarolynF

Debby: yeah for you!!! Cable/dish prices all go up..

Hey ladies: Scarlet took the Advanced English test for highschool and passed and got into advanced English!! She was delighted. Pretty good for a kid whose parents speak Spanish only. Her dad speaks a little English, which is good for him.

Off to the shower..

Glad you aren't flooded, Buffy.

Old 06-05-2016, 07:14 AM   #26
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Yay Scarlet!!!

I suppose all prices rise if there is a demand, but I don't like the way our company is treating us. I think I'm still going to check around.

That flooding in Texas is horrific.

I made Swedish Morning Buns yesterday, and a recipe of garlic biscuits to keep on-hand for the week.
I'm working this week and am helping give a shower next Saturday. Nice to have the sides available.
Old 06-05-2016, 02:13 PM   #27
CarolynF

Hi kids,

I asked Char if she received a wedding photo, to ask permission to send it to me. don't know any date yet, but no spring chickens either one.

Do I know Swedish morning Buns?

Our bypass friend was in church. We didn't get to eat with him because Dh had a lot to do.

QUESTION: I'm doing a genealogy for two sisters that will be presented at an informal gathering. They know very little about the way back people. Well, I found out that one was a slave owner in Virginia. He had 6 slaves to help on the farm. No one wants to be told their relative had slaves I don't believe. I probably should skip the slave part and just mention he was a farmer in Virginia and not mention the slaves. Family histories can be very revealing.

Old 06-05-2016, 03:18 PM   #28
CindyCRNA
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
I started watching the first one. I might have to catch up.
Do you like it?

I am thinking very strongly of switching from my cable company to a dish or something, but honestly if it doesn't have that network, I'll probably pay the millions of dollars they want me to pay. And it goes up every time I turn around!
Yes! It is quite supernatural if you like that thing. Looks really good. On tonight.

Ok, weighed in this morning and here's why. Last night we went out for mexican. I piled the whole container of their hot salsa on against my better judgement. Well, at 5:00 this morning, the hot salsa wanted to make an exit. And boy it did! I will never learn but I love the hot stuff! I am claiming 125 pounds this morning. I am forming a new diet plan. Cindy's Colon Cleanse For Mexican Food Lovers!!

Old 06-05-2016, 03:57 PM   #29
CarolynF

Yikes, Cindy.. I had a cartoon picture of you sitting in the tub with steam coming out of the water. Hey, whatever works...

Old 06-05-2016, 07:14 PM   #30
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

Oh Cindy!! I do the same thing with certain foods and then I pay for it almost every time!!
And since I've been IF'ing my digestive system seems so much faster!! And more urgent!!

Thanks for the heads up about Preacher. I set it to record and will give it a whirl. We need something new to watch.

Judy, every single time that our cable bill has gone up I've been able to call them and negotiate a lower price. It certainly doesn't hurt to try and if they won't deal then I'd switch in a minute. Learning all the new channel numbers is a real bummer though. I still don't have ours totally straight after being away with a different cable provider up there. Plus all our channel numbers changed when we upgraded our box to the new super duper one.

Food can wait!