Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 06-05-2016, 03:30 PM   #1
timamy21
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: timamy21
Stats: 266/238/206/191
WOE: LC
Start Date: April 2016
I'm new...PLEASE help!!

I have been doing Atkins since April. While I have seen a loss of pounds and inches, it feels the scale is slowing WAY down. Also, I cant seem to get into Ketosis- even after an egg fast. In looking through the posts on this board, I noticed some of you talking about how many grams of fat you need a day to stay in ketosis. How do I find my number? I wonder if I am too high in protein?
Thanks for your quick reply and help!
timamy21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2016, 04:01 PM   #2
CarolynF
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/157/145
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
If you are too high in protein, you can't get into ketosis because 52 percent of the excess protein will turn into glucose.

Google ketonic diet for a decent percentage idea. Everyone is different. The minimum ant of protein according to the Gov is 50 grams for women. Try around 60-70 and see what happens.

CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 07:16 AM   #3
dbkate
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dbkate
Stats: 299/269/195 6'1" Weigh-in whenever
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 4/18/16 Back on the wagon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by timamy21 View Post
I have been doing Atkins since April. While I have seen a loss of pounds and inches, it feels the scale is slowing WAY down. Also, I cant seem to get into Ketosis- even after an egg fast. In looking through the posts on this board, I noticed some of you talking about how many grams of fat you need a day to stay in ketosis. How do I find my number? I wonder if I am too high in protein?
Thanks for your quick reply and help!
I've been doing 75% fat, 20% protein and 5% carbs and it's been working pretty well. No hunger at all and thirty pounds down since 4/18 ... I was always slightly hungry and cranky on Atkins, I'm pretty sure I was overdoing the veggies (yeah, I know, but I guess I'm super sensitive) and lean meat.

Now I'm all about the oil, butter, mayo and pieces of super fatty meat, with little or no veggies.

PS: Ketostix no longer show ketones after you become keto-adapted and you're right along that borderline.(They only show one of the three ketone types and that type disappears from your urine after around 75-90 days.) If you are still on plan and losing, even slowly, you are likely still in ketosis.

Last edited by dbkate; 06-08-2016 at 07:18 AM..
dbkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 05:34 PM   #4
julie1970
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: julie1970
Stats: 2SW 182 /CW 172 /GW 145
WOE: atkins 72/ LCHF
Start Date: june 1st 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbkate View Post
I've been doing 75% fat, 20% protein and 5% carbs and it's been working pretty well. No hunger at all and thirty pounds down since 4/18 ... I was always slightly hungry and cranky on Atkins, I'm pretty sure I was overdoing the veggies (yeah, I know, but I guess I'm super sensitive) and lean meat.

Now I'm all about the oil, butter, mayo and pieces of super fatty meat, with little or no veggies.

PS: Ketostix no longer show ketones after you become keto-adapted and you're right along that borderline.(They only show one of the three ketone types and that type disappears from your urine after around 75-90 days.) If you are still on plan and losing, even slowly, you are likely still in ketosis.

your story is mine! i agree with all you say. i am all about what works after 6 weeks.
julie1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 02:24 PM   #5
julie1970
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: julie1970
Stats: 2SW 182 /CW 172 /GW 145
WOE: atkins 72/ LCHF
Start Date: june 1st 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbkate View Post

and you are totally right about ketostix too. they dont reflect whats going on. all they reflect is you are secreting ketones or not. end of. now. if its even slightly pale pink, you are in ketosis. you can NOT lose while showing dark purple on the urine stick and you can LOSE when you are showing no leakage of ketones. this is why i researched for months before i started! haha
julie1970 is offline   Reply With Quote