Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 08-08-2016, 11:55 AM   #31
CarolynF
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/157/145
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Ll..my mother told me I shouldn't wear bangs as I had a low forehead and to make sure stripes went up and down to make you look thinner. Lolol

Hope Sandy is better.

Got Scarlet's school supplies. They were $80 for basic stuff. Think how much big families have to spend. She is taking debate.

Brett saw his gf a lot this weekend. He has his 10th highschool reunion this weekend. He is looking forward to seeing those old buddies. Sarah isn't coming...she doesn't know anyone.

The gymnastics is amazing our US gals are all wonderful. How can a body do those things???

CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2016, 12:02 PM   #32
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT + Fast Five
Start Date: June 2012
I wish Sandy would be better, too! Is she at a lake in Texas? Or..?

Happy Brett is getting to spend time with his gf.
Poor Brett - he has a lot of mothers here! LOL

Can't remember if I said anything - we went to the lake Friday afternoon, came back Saturday evening. It was really mild after the morning thunderstorm. Came back to look at rain gauge - 3-3/4"!! Carolyn you must have had rain this last weekend, too?

I'll have to find some highlights of the girls gymnastics to watch. Surely it's somewhere on the internets!
Old 08-08-2016, 04:45 PM   #33
CarolynF

I think she is at a Kansas lake. I try not to ask too much about the dating thing....but I'm very curious... His friends are married, so maybe he'll be aiming toward that.

We missed the rain.

it was nicer today, but everyone is suffering with allergies.

Old 08-09-2016, 06:34 AM   #34
CarolynF

Good morning!

Why did I take the Claritin d 24 hour/non drowsy? Duh.. It keeps me awake. Switched to the 12 hour Zyrtec-D...

How is everyone doing???

Old 08-09-2016, 07:04 AM   #35
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

I had a lot of sleeplessness, too. Can't blame my medicine. Or maybe I can.

I decided i was really feeling jittery a few days ago.
I skipped my thyroid one day, then thought I shouldn't just quit it, so am taking 1/2 a pill in the mornings. They are 1 grain, so am taking 1/2 a grain.

I do feel less jittery, but no more night sweats! It was getting very predictable and annoying.

NOW I'm wondering if the IF-ing made my thyroid a little better? It's supposed to be healing...
I think I told you SS lost 9 pounds and looks great.
Old 08-09-2016, 08:27 AM   #36
DebbyL
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Ah Judy, you're thinking your meds are making you hyperthyroid? Please get checked & adjust with Dr's help... I thought the same thing last year & its been so long getting things to straighten out again, after dropping my own dose. Sure hate the overheating though...
Old 08-09-2016, 08:40 AM   #37
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

I thought I'd drop my dose and check my levels in 6 weeks.
I know you've had a very very long haul, and I'm sorry. I'll keep my eye out.
Old 08-09-2016, 08:45 AM   #38
DebbyL
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Hope things go well with you.
Old 08-09-2016, 12:23 PM   #39
CarolynF

Thyroids are funny little things..Honestly, for the past few years I am on 3 grains of Natur-throid..The only thing that ever makes me jittery is too much testosterone in my bioidenticals, but we fixed that last time. I get tested for my thyroid every 6 months and hormones once a year.

Gosh, been sorting out stuff..A bit went into the trash and other stuff just got put other places. Probably not good.

I have been drinking Cafix..which is fake instant coffee..It is not bad at all.

Yeah for your SS.. That is great.

Dh is mowing at the farm..Have to make him change his grassy clothing out in the garage..
He has an old trailer that he fixed up which he hauls his mower up there..(55 miles). He hasn't totally fixed the lights on it. So, I might have to bail him out of jail. It does no good for me to remind him to get them fixed..Of course..

Hugs to all..

Some of you might have seen my new little grandniece who lives in Nicaragua was in the
hospital in Managua (60 miles away) for bronchilitis..Hopefully, she went home..She was just born a few months ago..I hope they get a handle on this..Poor little Zia.

Old 08-09-2016, 01:14 PM   #40
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

I saw her and whispered a prayer. She is so so so cute. I am really hopeful she is getting better and better.

I was kind of wondering whether I'd inadvertently increased my carbs. Not by much and not very often, but sometimes. If it's one meal a day, sometimes I'll eat something carbier than I would normally eat. Jeniffer Eloff says her thyroid works better with a few more carbs than fewer.

My DH makes me think bad thoughts after he mows and tracks grass throughout the house.

Carolyn I must be "with" you in spirit - I started cleaning out a few drawers in a giant file cabinet in my office. Some things to shred, most to recycle. Feels good. It's a beginning. Plus I'm supposed to be working. LOL
Old 08-09-2016, 10:02 PM   #41
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/143.8/140-145 5'6"
WOE: Fast-5 intermittent fasting
Start Date: January 2003
Hi all from lovely Colorado! We left the lake, in KS, Monday morning and spent the night in Oakley, KS at an RV park right off the highway. This morning we left to head west. We arrived safely in Canon City and got set up at our new RV park late this afternoon. We have a lovely view of the Royal Gorge bridge and the beautiful mountains all around. We'll stay here 2 nights and then head a bit further to Salida, CO to another RV park right by the Arkansas River for 5 nights. On our way back home we're spending the night at the state park in Manhattan and meeting some friends for dinner. Then for our last leg we'll go back to our regular Kansas lake for a long weekend before heading home. We'll be home a whole 6 days before heading back to the lake for the week before Labor Day. We're certainly enjoying retirement!!

Shingles are still just awful! I went and bought some capsaicin cream today after reading how much it can help. The verdict is still out on that but I can tell you that the burning pain from the cream might make you forget about the burning pain from the shingles. They feel quite similar!! I am more than ready to be rid of anything related to shingles!!

I need to get back to my IF eating style. I loved it so much and did so well on it. I can't believe I fell by the wayside with it. I hope I can get myself back on track with it soon. I'm taking so much medicine right now that I'm afraid NOT to eat with it. I hope that won't last forever though. It's all related to those stupid shingles! As I said, I want them gone!!

Food can wait!
There. Will. Always. Be. Food.
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 06:11 AM   #42
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh Sandy I'm so sorry!! Are you still on the antivirals?

I hope the beautiful scenery and fun travel, dinner with friends, all the perks of retirement will help distract from the continuing pain.

I feel for you. I hope the nerve pain diminishes and FAST!
Old 08-10-2016, 07:47 AM   #43
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

No antivirals after the first 10 days. Now just the gabapentin and cimetidine, which I have to wonder how much it can be working if I'm this uncomfortable. If I could run around totally naked all day I think I would fee immensely better, but considering how totally unfeasible that is, that doesn't sound like a good therapy. The friction of clothing really sets it off. ANY clothing!! I truly hope nobody I know ever gets these awful things!!
I'm sure you're all getting sick of my "shingles saga". But it is the foremost thing in my life right now, even with vacation going on right along with them. I do apologize.

Food can wait!
Old 08-10-2016, 02:08 PM   #44
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Please don't apologize. I don't think anyone here is "tired" of it - except for knowing how tired you must be of putting up with all that pain!
I really really want to know how you are doing. We'll be very happy to know when the pain starts getting better, so please keep us informed.
Old 08-11-2016, 06:31 AM   #45
CarolynF

Oh, Sandy. gentle hugs for your shingles. I wish there was an easy fix for you. It sounds terrible.

Went to my allergy Doctor yesterday. I'm allergic lots of things in a little way, do they add up. Starting shots next week. They send the serum to my local doctor's office.

Hopefully, little Zia is home near the beach. Thanks for the prayers..

We are getting our heavy duty allergy filter on our furnace today. Then we need our ducts cleaned out, too. Maybe I should start dusting more.

Hugs....

Old 08-11-2016, 08:20 AM   #46
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Don't stir up the dust!! That's my motto.
Old 08-11-2016, 04:03 PM   #47
CarolynF

Lolo...well, tomorrow they are coming to put the new filter in.

Guess what? I won first place with my baby knitted wallaby at the Coffeyville fair. I get $3 and a little blue ribbon. The sweater will go back to the mother to be...

Scarlet came over after the meeting and we printed out some articles and pictures for the rest of her project for Advanced English. She has been working on it since July. She will be done tonight! We are going to celebrate at Braums next week!

don't feel like cooking. True confession.

Old 08-11-2016, 06:06 PM   #48
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Too hot to cook!!

So happy Scarlet, with your help, is finishing her project. She must be a good student.
If my project was due tomorrow, I'd just be starting it.
Unless Carolyn was my friend.
When does school start there?
Starts here 8/22.

my blue ribbon friend!
How neat!
Old 08-12-2016, 07:59 PM   #49
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

Still plodding along with my shingles. Every time I think I might be getting better they strike back. I'm still using the capsaicin creams and thinking up creative wardrobe ideas where I can get by with just a cami under a top. It's getting hard to do without wearing the same outfits over and over. Which of course I hate to do when I have some really cute things with me!! I was even invited to play pickleball with a group here today but declined b/c of my shingles pain. ugh. That would've been fun!!

Congrats Carolyn, that wallaby was really cute. Why is it called that?? Glad baby Zia is back home, hopefully for good and on the road to full recovery.

Food can wait!
Old 08-12-2016, 08:35 PM   #50
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

This is horrible!
How long ago was it when the shingles erupted?
Old 08-13-2016, 06:20 AM   #51
CarolynF

Ho ladies,

Brett is home for his 10 year reunion..he's still sleeping, so maybe I can find out any Sarah news later.

Poor Sandy...just be comfortable..I hope you are cleared up by The time you go to Mexico.

The sweater is called a wallaby because it is supposed to have a pocket in front like a kangaroo. The instructions on the pocket were clear as mud, so I skipped it. Thanks!

Today is rodeo day!! Night.

Scarlet is really good at starting things early. We talk about that a lot and she is so conscientious, it is incredible. She knows she has to get a scholarship for college, so she wants to get good grades.

Anyone ever have their furnace ducts cleaned?

Old 08-13-2016, 06:43 AM   #52
CarolynF

Little Pooter has a feeding tube in her neck. Cindy posted this on the PG. She is 21...praying for her..This weekend will be crucial in her rehab, Cindy posted.

Old 08-13-2016, 08:45 AM   #53
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

We'll just have to wait for updated Sarah news. But it's hard!

Scarlet is exactly the kid who SHOULD get a scholarship.

Sorry to hear about Pooter. Did something happen? Or just old age? Rehab makes me think Pooter had some procedure. 21 is a loooooong time for beloved kitties.
Old 08-13-2016, 03:14 PM   #54
CarolynF

I'm not sure..but she was at the vet..In the PG thread, Cindy said she was lifting her head, but that is about it.. They are blending her food. They will decide on Monday..21 is a very long life for a little kitty kat.

Well, Sarah is coming for Neewollah in October Brett said..It's hard to get much out of him and I don't want to be nosy, even though I am..I don't want to appear that way...

Every teacher that has had Scarlet has loved her. Her parents did an amazing job with her.

Rodeo tonight... Someone gave us their tickets, so we don't have to skimp on dinner there..LOL.

Old 08-13-2016, 03:17 PM   #55
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
and I don't want to be nosy, even though I am..I don't want to appear that way...

You have just described me perfectly!! LOL

Have fun at the rodeo! Temperatures have eased off a little!
Old 08-14-2016, 06:55 AM   #56
CarolynF

Rodeo was fun...it was a perfect night. Ate the wrong things, but here we are....

I think ds had lots of fun with his friends. His closest ones came back, so that is great. They all have great careers, Doctor, lawyer, dentist, computer expert and either are married or have a girlfriend.

Have a great Sunday. I have nursery with my friend.

Old 08-14-2016, 07:59 AM   #57
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Of course Brett's group is the smart group! So glad he has great friends. He always will.

When the state Fair comes to town, I'll be eating all the wrong things, too. Looking forward to it, actually! Lol.
This year I'll fast before I go, though.

Lemon cake and taxes for me today.
Praying for strength for Cindy and her DH watching Pooter.
Pooter could not be more loved.
Old 08-14-2016, 01:08 PM   #58
CarolynF

Brett did have the smart group of friends, which makes a huge difference.. We had breakfast together before church. Sarah's fine...they will see each other tonight. No great revelations.

Lemon cake?? LC? Recipe?

We have never been down to the Tulsa State Fair..it is all about the food. The Iowa State fair was a big deal, though.

How is Mindy doing???

Old 08-14-2016, 01:17 PM   #59
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Well, Mindy had a stem cell transplant. Her tumor is supposedly gone, but she began having more stroke symptoms and trouble breathing.
Those have mostly resolved.
She is still in hospital, but I don't know how long she'll be able to stay.
They say she will need weeks of rehab just to move home, so possibly she'll go to a rehab place. Unless she's getting treatments/medicine, I don't think the hospital is the place to convalesce.

I need to just go visit her and see what I think.
I'm not satisfied with the 3rd-hand accounts I'm getting.
I haven't wanted to butt in, but if she's in a long recovery phase, I'd like to know.

I'm just know getting that cake together. I got it from type 1 FB page. If I like it I'll share it. Cream cheese based frosting. BUT LEMON!
Old 08-14-2016, 01:18 PM   #60
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

And Neewollah was a GREAT place to graze!