Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 05-31-2017, 07:01 PM   #1
CarolynF
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/157/145
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
SVELTE IN 17 JUNE CHALLENGE

Here we go..

CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2017, 07:26 AM   #2
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT + Fast Five
Start Date: June 2012
Thank you, Carolyn!
Old 06-01-2017, 12:44 PM   #3
CarolynF

159 this am...

Dh drove the car to Broken Arrow to get it fixed. Key wouldn't come out sometimes. They found out what was wrong, kept the car, and gave him a loaner and we will pick it up next week..hopefully all under warranty.

Stopped by Connies house last night. David is back at the Medical Lodge, hopefully quieter this time. She is going through the Medicaid route.

Hugs....

Old 06-01-2017, 03:56 PM   #4
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/143.8/140-145 5'6"
WOE: Fast-5 intermittent fasting
Start Date: January 2003
What a day!!! The more I check off my list the more I think I still need to get done! I thought it was supposed to be the other way around? Oh well, only 26 more days of this unsettled feeling and then a whole summer of lazy, relaxed thoughts and feelings.

Thanks for the breadcrumbs Judy. I certainly need some guidance, lol.

Food can wait!
There. Will. Always. Be. Food.
sjl330 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 04:49 PM   #5
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh gosh Sandy that's how it always is for me.
I don't get one thing done. I get 10 things done because I see everything else that needs doing.
You guys are so efficient, you'll be fine.
Having the whole relaxed summer ahead must be a wonderful goal!

Hope Connie is doing all right - David, too.

Sparky's dad went to the hospital this afternoon. I'm back on Sparky duty. He is SO much more blind now than he was a couple of weeks ago. A lot of neglect, but he doesn't know. Oh I dread this again.
Old 06-01-2017, 07:12 PM   #6
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

Oh no, Sparky duty again. I hate to ask, but what will happen to Sparky if his dad doesn't come back home again?

I sure hope Connie is able to get David moved and comfortable enough where she can feel some peace with it. I can't imagine going through that. It must just be horrific!! And just heartbreaking to live through. I really feel for her and will continue to remember them in my prayers. So sad.

Food can wait!
Old 06-01-2017, 07:30 PM   #7
CarolynF

Sparky might need to go to the local doggie kennel. Would that be an option?
His poor dad.

Yes, Connie is always appreciative of prayers. They have an air mattress for him because he was having sores. She feeds him tiny bites so he doesn't choke.

Old 06-01-2017, 07:42 PM   #8
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

I just don't want to pay for Sparky in a kennel. He is so much more blind than he was 3 weeks ago. So sad. But Sparky isn't sad. Bowe said he would help and the neighbor recent high-school-graduate said he would help, so I'll accept that help.

If something permanent (death, different domicile) happened to Sparky's dad, I would have him put down. He is 12, has a significant heart murmur ( you can actually hear it if he over-exerts himself!!) is blind and deaf.

I would first ask a few FB pages if someone wanted to adopt this owner-surrendered vet bill, but wouldn't wait long.

Sparky going to sleep would be okay with me. The way he is treated now and what might happen afterward makes me think sleep is preferable.
Old 06-01-2017, 07:58 PM   #9
CarolynF

It takes a village to raise Sparky. Glad he is happy, but I agree on the sleeping part. You are a good neighbor.

Old 06-01-2017, 08:42 PM   #10
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

OK, just back from Sparky's. DH and I put him in the sink and washed all the gunk from his eyes. So he can see a little more. Gosh this is awful.
He was pretty excited to see more.
Spoke to his dad. He's still in ER but will be in a room later. He has lots of fluid and they'll deal with that.
He has congestive heart failure, so that's that.

I threw away last night's food receipt at Sparky's dad's.
He stopped at Braum's and got a cheeseburger, fries, and a small chocolate shake.
By golly if I'm knocking at death's door that sounds pretty good to me!
Old 06-01-2017, 08:57 PM   #11
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

Lol, not if it was from the Braum's in Springfield, MO. I even took our first sandwiches back and told them they were so dry and overdone and could they please make us 2 new ones. The new ones were exactly like the first ones! We were both sick within 3 hours, drinking 7-up and club soda like crazy! My DH said never again. I told him that's the first bad Braum's burger I've ever had. Still I'm sure it's going to be awhile before we eat at a Braum's again.

I bet Sparky loved his bath. I hope his dad gets better soon.

Food can wait!
Old 06-02-2017, 05:25 AM   #12
CarolynF

Sparky is in heaven when you come over, Judy.

Gosh, that is a bad Braums story. That store should be reported! In fact our little prayer group meets in our Braums on Fridays. They have great bacon and eggs for a cheap price.

My earache comes and goes. I'm still on antibiotics and Zyrtec d. It is weird because I can feel it draining..I'm only on amoxicillin for 10 days.

When is your son having his hip surgery, Sandy?

Old 06-02-2017, 06:00 AM   #13
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

I've had that "I can feel it draining" before too, Carolyn. Hope it just turns into a memory very soon.

I was wondering about when the hip surgery happens, too.

Sandy I have traveled so much and eating out so much that's my number one concern - are we getting the "make you terribly terribly sick" servings??? Ugh. That sounds awful.
Also thank you for letting me know where NOT to go in Springfield!
Old 06-02-2017, 01:48 PM   #14
CarolynF

Me, too on the Springfield restaurants!

I just cleaned out my supplement drawer.. I had a Braum's bag full of stuff I bought and didn't take. I'm like a magpie for supplements. Lolol

I get my allergy shot Monday, so might see the dr then if the ear still hurts.

Old 06-03-2017, 09:23 AM   #15
CarolynF

Just got back from the clinic. My ear was still red, so went on augmentin...high dose..and some drops. Have to get this taken care of before the wedding.

How is little Sparky today???

How is the packing coming, Sandy? My least favorite job.

Going to watch Lion tonight from the RedBox. Heard it is really good and a true story..

Old 06-03-2017, 12:06 PM   #16
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

Lion is great!!!

Hip surgery is July 24

We spent the whole day yesterday in S-field. She was supposed to be there by 10, surgery at 12. We were there on time, her surgery started 2:30 and she got to leave at 7. We left our house at 6 and got back last night around 11. What a day!! For her as well as us. We called this morning and they said she's doing fine and they're keeping her iced down and medicated. I hope she doesn't have to suffer very long.

Spent the whole morning cleaning out medicine closet and makeup/vanity drawers. Plus finally got DH to go thru his clothes one more time. So a trash bag and a big yellow trash bag full to go to the trash and the thrift store. Plus I sorted out the stuff we'll take with us to the fifth wheel.

I'm fixing boiled spiced shrimp for my DGD and HGD (honory granddaughter) for dinner tonight to thank them for keeping Bailey 3 days during our trips back and forth to S-field. It'll be nice to just visit and eat a meal all together.

I worry more and more about eating out too. One of our good friends who came to Texas while we were there ate at Cracker Barrel on the way home and got food poisoning horribly! She had meat loaf so now CB is kind of off our list for quite a while. I never order meat loaf out but I'm not taking any chances there for awhile. We didn't have food poisoning sickness from Braum's but we certainly had massive indigestion and nausea.

Food can wait!
Old 06-03-2017, 12:38 PM   #17
CarolynF

Oh, what a day, Sandy. Glad your minlaw is doing okay

Someone got sick on key lime cheesecake at the Cheesecake Factory. They were on vacation with their grandkids. ;(

Sorting and Purging and making decisions is hard and tiring. We should all start now!!!

Old 06-03-2017, 12:57 PM   #18
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Why aren't I sorting and purging?????
I actually enjoy the feeling, just have bigger things in front of it right now. Possibly big things happening at the Sparky household. Will let you know when confirmed...
Old 06-03-2017, 02:16 PM   #19
CarolynF

Hope it's not bad for Sparky.

Old 06-03-2017, 06:14 PM   #20
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

I gave my dad a goal of filling up one large yellow trash bag per week. I'm hoping he follows through with it, but I don't have much hope that will actually happen.

Awaiting news about Sparky's future semi-patiently.

Food can wait!
Old 06-03-2017, 08:16 PM   #21
CarolynF

No one wants to get rid of their stuff...lolol.

The augmentin kicked in and took away the pain, but it started up again right before I needed it.

Lion was amazing!!!!! Loved it.

Brett got his vest, his blush tie, and his pocket square today. Lolol..The bride is happy.

Old 06-03-2017, 09:34 PM   #22
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post

Brett got his vest, his blush tie, and his pocket square today. Lolol..The bride is happy.
Yay Augmentin!!
so happy the bride is happy!
Old 06-04-2017, 09:20 AM   #23
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Well, I'm less sure of what's going to happen now.
It appeared Sparky's dad Ray was doing quite poorly and might not survive the weekend. However he called me yesterday morning from the hospital, thinking he might get discharged yesterday afternoon after they pulled some more fluid from another lung. He always feels much better after that. He wondered if I'd come get him and take him home.

I spoke with Ray's daughter Friday night and she said she and her brother had decided Ray could definitely no longer drive, and should not be living alone. Hallelujah.

But I sort of wonder now if Ray will still wiggle around them. His entire house smells like urine, he is weak as a kitten, and because he is so stubborn, the kids just drive by, hand him food (usually burgers, fries and malts - that type of food) and go on. That's also how they handled Sparky.

I understand their frustration, but I certainly hope they grow spines and just put their feet down. I don't think he has much time left and he needs so much help.
I did something I hadn't done yet - I opened his electric bill. It was a cutoff notice for June 13. I texted his daughter and called her twice. She has not responded.

Although it irks me she is slow to responding, I bet she doesn't need someone else telling her things are falling apart. She has offered to have her dad live with her instead of going back to his home.

At that point, Bowe and I will ask if we may have Sparky. We're already reaching out to any groups we know that might take a 12-year-old- 90% blind 80% deaf dog with a huge heart murmur/congestive heart failure.

So we're waiting to hear if Ray will even be coming home. If not, we'll ask him for Sparky and then if we can't re-home him (he can't live here), we've already taken him to the veterinarian who's always looked after him. He thinks Sparky has a VERY short life left anyway, and recommended he be put to sleep.

Awful, but that's the news so far.

Last edited by JMCM1; 06-04-2017 at 09:21 AM..
JMCM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 02:17 PM   #24
CarolynF

So very sad.. Ray needs a social worker involved in his life. He definitely should go to his daughter's or a nursing home.. it's a wonder the hospital would release him without a responsible family member there.

Sparky does need a new family for his short little life. You are kind to work that out..

David seems to be doing better today. Connie is happy he is speaking in sentences.

I have a lady spending the night We'd night. She is former jazz singer from Tulsa. I have a bit of cleaning to do.. she says she likes Cheerios and coffee for breakfast with French vanilla coffee mate. I can do that! She is speaking at the Buffalo church on Wed. Night and our Coffeyville meeting on Thursday. After that, no obligations until the wedding!!!!

Old 06-04-2017, 06:28 PM   #25
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Someday our back bedroom (which was perfect at Christmas) will be back to perfect. It's been another place I'm stashing things. But it could be cleared out in an afternoon. I seem to never want to spend an afternoon that way.
Then I could host people who just need a bed for the night!

Oh I love David is doing better....thank you for that little news.

Don't know if Sparky will be able to be re-homed, but we'll try.
Ray is heavily sedated. They're going to put some sort of port in tomorrow or next day so Ray can somehow siphon the liquid from his lungs?? I've never heard of a port for that purpose, but I'm no doctor.

He still shouldn't live alone. He's supposed to be discharged Wednesday and I hope hope hope his daughter will insist he come to her house.

In the meantime, Sparky is having some great attention and care. Bowe puts him in his lap and pets him and tells him he's a good boy. LOL I think he can only hear the lower registers. I am silent to him, I think. I'm so happy Bowe has been able to pitch in this time around. It's made all the difference.
Old 06-04-2017, 06:35 PM   #26
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

Sparky is so lucky to have you guys and so is Ray. I too hope he goes with his DD or to a nursing home. I can't imagine him being able to do the draining of fluid off his lungs!!

I'm so tired!! I didn't even leave the house yesterday and only left to attend mass today and haven't done hardly anything today. Tomorrow is my dad's colonoscopy so more sitting and waiting in a medical facility. I've about had my fill of those kinds of places right now!

Maybe when everything is all done and we're settled for the summer I'll sleep late every day!!

Food can wait!
Old 06-04-2017, 07:07 PM   #27
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
Maybe when everything is all done and we're settled for the summer I'll sleep late every day!!
LOL! You'll probably have all the energy in the world!!
You are doing beautifully. I am so happy you all love and honor your parents. I think our little group all do, but so many out there do not honor their parents.
Old 06-05-2017, 05:56 AM   #28
CarolynF

How nice that Sparky and Bowe are friends. I cannot imagine how Ray could drain his lungs himself?? Or maybe the visiting nurse would do it. He needs all day care, I think.

Colonoscopies...poor your dad, Sandy, but a necessary evil.

You, know, I can sleep in some days, but I wake up at 6-6:30 most mornings.

Allergy shot this am and then I'll pop over to the chiropractor to see if he could help my ears drain. Maybe my neck is out of alignment.

Brett and Sarah are having their second counseling session Wed night. I think the biggest hurdle is his messiness. But working together, he can be neater, I hope, without her having to pick up after him. Lolol...

David is a diabetic on insulin. They take blood sugar readings before meals and dose accordingly. Yesterday before lunch he was 65! They gave him some insulin and before dinner he was 57! They do it on a sliding scale, but Connie says they don't give him as much! They are going to the dr today.. I told her to tell the dr. When he was home it was very high.. of course, he ate lots of junk and seemed to be hungry all the time. So hoping this is a good sign

Old 06-05-2017, 06:12 AM   #29
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Carolyn I'm very surprised they gave him insulin if he was 65. They're going to kill him!
Usually a sliding scale runs them pretty high. Gosh that would be hard to watch. I'd be sneaking him lifesavers!

Sheesh I wish I could get Bowe into counseling for messiness. LOL

DD goes to a cracker packer for adjustments that have helped her allergy ears.
Hope yours can help you.

Sandy sure hope this is your dad's last colonoscopy. My mom was in her 80s when she walked out of her most recent colonoscopy. The doctor said, "All clear! See you in 10 years!" She smiled and waved and said clearly, "No you won't!" LOLOLOL
She's done with them. Can't argue with that. But also she's never had a polyp or any scare. I think if I'd had polyps removed and life was going well I'd reconsider.
Old 06-05-2017, 06:56 AM   #30
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

I think Dad probably would've declined the colonoscopy being 87 years old. But remember 4 years ago he went through that whole colon cancer nightmare with surgery and ended up wtih him in ICU for 9 days with 11 blood transfusions and another emergency surgery to fix the bleeding from the first one 2 days before Christmas in the middle of the night. His ICU nurse told us that his pacemaker is the only thing that kept him alive during that whole ordeal. He'd like to skip this procedure but he said since they'd found that cancer last time he feels like he should go ahead and get it. When the Dr told him back then to come back in 4 years, we honestly all figured he wouldn't still be here, including the Dr. But he's made from some strong stuff and is doing great. Since Mom died 9 years ago he's had knee and shoulder replacement, carpal tunnel surgery, hip replacement and colon cancer with surgery. He's like a Timex!

Yes, I'd like Fred to attend some counseling for that too. After we got married though I did tell him one time that if his clothes weren't in the hamper they weren't getting washed. And that's what happened. Then when he ran out of clothes he asked me where the clean clothes were and I asked him if they'd been in the hamper. Always in the hamper since, lol.

Food can wait!