Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 08-01-2017, 10:41 AM   #1
CarolynF
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/157/145
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
SVELTE IN 17 AUGUST CHALLENGE

Good morning..Well, I gained 6 pounds on vacation. No big surprise, but back on track today.

Sarah posted more lovely wedding pictures her sister took..I'm glad they turned out so well.

Back to normal today..Doing laundry, which is always fun..My suitcase weighed
66 pounds, but Gary's only weighed 19, so they weighed them together and it was less than 100, so didn't have to pay the extra money, other than the $50 each suitcase..

CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2017, 11:10 AM   #2
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT + Fast Five
Start Date: June 2012
6 pound gain - WORTH IT!
You can lose it now and then here comes Thanksgiving and Christmas. LOL

That video (watched it again) is so wonderful. Makes me a little teary with love!

After DH's birthday and all, I feel a little fluffy. I'm going to need to drop the alcohol again, I bet.
Old 08-01-2017, 12:38 PM   #3
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/143.8/140-145 5'6"
WOE: Fast-5 intermittent fasting
Start Date: January 2003
I've gained around 3 pounds since starting our summer of fun. I find it hard to do my fast 5 when I'm living in the fifth wheel for some reason. I think it's because when I'm living in it I automatically think everything should be fun and free! Sadly, it doesn't work that well when you live in it more than you don't.

I thought you drove to Michigan? And was wondering why you drove your old car, lol. But I guess you flew if you were weighing suitcases. I had to buy a digital scale for luggage because I was always going way over weight without it. It worked great. I would just add my extra stuff to Fred's suitcase, lol. He never overpacks!

Food can wait!
There. Will. Always. Be. Food.
sjl330 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 07:44 AM   #4
CarolynF

Yes, the 6 pounds were worth it..Many desserts were involved..and some wonderful ice cream..LOL..Down 2 this am..

No, it was too far for me to sit in the car and drive, so we used our last of our airline miles and went for cheap.

Yes...5th wheeler means vacation, I think.

No word on our car..I think it is a goner..Gary is talking about a new pickup..He would sell
the old one for a little bit of money. We shall see..I am hoping that our car would magically heal itself..LOL..

Thanks..that video was very touching..Sarah is so sweet and the last gal who spoke (white top and flowered skirt) is her best friend. She and her hubby have adopted 2 foster teens and have 2 more living with them. Boys..They are amazing people for a young couple.

Old 08-02-2017, 07:57 AM   #5
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

We drive our vehicles until the tires fall off. LOL
Our two Hondas just keep going with minimal upkeep. Very reliable.
DH's truck, however.....seems to always need something.

I am so grateful for people like Sarah's best friend. They are surely doing what they were born to do.
Old 08-02-2017, 01:02 PM   #6
CarolynF

We do, too. So hoping that Whitey has a resurrection. The rest of the car is in great shape.

Sarah's friend Rebecca is amazing. Two of the boys are bothers, one in college, and one in high school, the other two are black teens, very sweet and both in high school. They'll just enjoy each other you can tell. Their food bill is quite large. Lolol.

Old 08-03-2017, 01:00 PM   #7
CarolynF

Howdy,

Had some scrambled eggs with sour cream mixed in before cooking. Yummy..

Not much going on here.. Dh has lawn duty.

Lost 1/2 pound last night. All the dammed up sugar is being released. Lolol

Old 08-03-2017, 03:21 PM   #8
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

You're dropping that weight like a champ!!

Sat with AT&T installer all day today. He's coming back. He's 28, just got his electrical engineering degree, so is smart. Just needs to fix a couple of things he left undone in his haste.

Now if I can just get AT&T to agree to bill me what they promised to bill me....
Old 08-04-2017, 12:25 PM   #9
CarolynF

I know what you mean with AT and T..You have to be a financial genius to figure out their billing system..Gary always takes names..LOL.

Well, Whitey is getting a new engine.. The new engine only has 49,000 miles on it and for an old gal, she will be full of pep..We both agreed it was much cheaper than a decent used car and Whitey is in good shape otherwise.

Another pound lost..Down to 160..Wish the rest of the weight would go as easily...

We are going to the Japanese restaurant in Bville with a couple who I cat and dog sit for.
Should be fun. I love their animals..

Old 08-05-2017, 11:08 AM   #10
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

I write down every date, time and name of the person I'm speaking with.
Somehow that didn't work with Cox, so we are no longer their customers.
For now.

Nice you are dropping your vacay weight!

I hate spending money on cars. A new engine sounds like a great fix if the car is otherwise well. I'm not even sure I like all the new stuff on the new cars. I'm apparently averse to change. LOL

Carolyn, what did you eat at the Japanese restaurant?

I'm about to make Kyndra Holley's Flourless Keto Chewy Double Chocolate Chip Cookies (she's the Peace, Love and Low Carb person).
Someone on my Type 1 FB page was raving about them. They look good and easy. If they are that good I'll post the recipe.

Last edited by JMCM1; 08-05-2017 at 11:09 AM..
JMCM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 12:03 PM   #11
CarolynF

Well, I think the salty food made me gain a pound. I had shrimp and vegetables with soup and salad..It was $12.99! Gary said the steak was wonderful..oh yeah, fried rice.

Yes, let me know about Holley's cookies.

Yes, a new engine will be good, but something funky happened to the old one..Who knows?

I love steamed broccoli with a plop of sour cream and shredded cheddar..That is dinner with pork chops. i bought a butternut squash at the farmer's market, but will save it.

Brett's friend Jeremy is staying with him this weekend..Sarah is in Springfield with that darling mom with the foster boys. Brett's friend will be student teaching this fall in Coffeyville and living with his mom here. Unfortunately, he got his divorced with 3 kids girlfriend pregnant. Not so sure how that all will pan out..The girlfriend has a good job in Joplin, but the birth control
failed.. Oh well.....

Old 08-05-2017, 12:16 PM   #12
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh my. Jeremy has really got a lot of responsibilities. Hope he lives up to them.

I went for months and months without buying broccoli and lately I cannot live without it. I just adore it, too. I'm sure eating it "loaded" is delicious, but I don't even care if it has butter on it. Steamed, it is divine to me.

My friend and I are going to the movie The Big Sick this afternoon later. Really looking forward to it. We've heard it's great.

An old friend and I are teaming up to try to re-home an 8-year-old lab mix that is chained up across the street from her. The dog is super sweet, but the dad doesn't want it. The mom left the dad 3 weeks ago. The kids are 9 and 7 and not capable of caring or making their dad care. The dog is chained because a couple of fence panels are down, but they don't want the dog anyway.

She's going to take her to be spayed and whatever she needs Monday and then we're looking for a rescue group (would make a donation) from there. Wish us luck!
Old 08-05-2017, 08:22 PM   #13
CarolynF

You are like a guardian angel for doggies! Will pray for the perfect home.

The broccoli was good. It has to be fresh, though.

Yes, Jeremy's life has had many bumps. His dad was killed when he was in high school in a car accident. He started KState in engineering, dropped out, changed majors, had a live in girlfriend, moved home and started going to Pittsburg State for teaching. He has a great mom, though. So he started dating K last fall and by Feb, she is pg. she is 35 and he is 29 and has 3 kids. He won't be finished college until December. So...he and K aren't in a rush to get married, if they even will. Her kids are not happy about the baby and J. So, who knows???

Let me know about The Big Sick. We just watched the movie about Ray Kroc on Netflix. It was very good. We saw Dunkirk on vacation and that was good, too.

You are getting rain, too. KCity got it earlier. A big tree was hit by lightening in back of Beth's neighbor's house. No electricity for a while.

Old 08-05-2017, 08:43 PM   #14
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

I am positive DH would like to go to Dunkirk.
We RARELY go to movies, but I think this would be worth it, do you think so?

I really really really liked The Big Sick. It was sweet. Based on a true story. The main character is from Pakistan, came here at age 14. His family wants to arrange his marriage, as is their custom. They want him to be a doctor or next an engineer, or next a lawyer. He is doing stand-up comedy. I love Ray Romano (Everybody Loves Raymond). It's got bad language, but what doesn't, these days?

Thank you for praying for our helping get that dog out of a bad situation, Carolyn. I really appreciate that.

Looking for that rain. We have a LOT of wind right now. I guess that cold front is coming down! (Judy's favorite first half of August #JFFHOA LOL)
Old 08-05-2017, 08:48 PM   #15
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

P.S. Because of DH's prep day for his colonoscopy, I have not made those chocolate cookies. I think it's too late to start now and DH cannot eat them tomorrow. Will make them Monday when the delicious smell won't derail DH.

I've made sugar-free lemon Jell-O with a squirt of SF strawberry/watermelon flavoring. It's clear, so won't be red in color. Also made some SF peach Jell-O. Hope that color doesn't mess anything up. I have a great number of SF drinks, together with chicken broth and beef broth. It's just one day. Hope he can cope.
Old 08-05-2017, 09:41 PM   #16
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

Ugh, the dreaded colonoscopy!! I feel for him!!

Here in Colorado I feel like I need 3 outfits per day. One for cool morning, one for warm days and then one for chilly nights. I actually wore shorts under pants yesterday when we went up to Monarch, lol. I'm glad I did but it sure made me feel fluffy.

Good luck on re-homing the poor unwanted dog. That's just so sad. One of my friend's lost her dog at a camp site in Topeka this weekend and she's totally heartbroken. He was old and had been sick and slipped his collar in the middle of the night when she took him out to potty. So sad. He's chipped, so hopefully somebody might find him.

Food can wait!
Old 08-06-2017, 07:38 AM   #17
CarolynF

Oh...prep day.... so not fun. But afterwards he can celebrate with chocolate cookies!!!

I hate it when doggies run away. I always thought they could find their way home, but I don't think so anymore. Hopefully no the campground doggie will be found by some kind person.

I think both of your husbands would like Dunkirk. A small part of the war, but portrayed in a big way.

Sandy, you are layering!!!! I hate being cold in the summer..

Have a good day.

Old 08-06-2017, 03:35 PM   #18
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Sandy I am broken-hearted for your friend losing her dog at a campground. I would be beside myself. I wish he'd be located and returned.

So far so good.
He's taken the pills and drank all 2 quarts of the Miralax in an hour.
Why don't I make SF Jell-O more often? It is delicious! Except for a couple of bites of Jell-O I'm fasting with DH. But I have a feeling I'll be eating something quietly later.
Old 08-06-2017, 05:39 PM   #19
CarolynF

Yikes...Glad you weren't near that tornado last night. It did a terrible job in Tulsa, but only injuries so far, I guess.

SF jello is delightful. Sometimes I make it with koolaid/unflavored gelatin and liquid Splenda.

Hope dh does fine tomorrow!!

Old 08-06-2017, 09:28 PM   #20
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

Yes, layering is key to comfort here this year.

Glad Bowe made it through the nasty Miralax. Now he just has tonight to get through and then the easy part is tomorrow. I wish him well.

My sister said her son had a limb down and she had lots of leaves in the pool. She was at her lake place down by Wagoner so missed the storm.

I think we're going to the hot springs pool tomorrow. It's the largest indoor hot springs in North America! They pipe the hot water from hot springs 8 miles away!! I'm shocked that this was DH's idea! I wanted to go last year and he absolutely did not want to go. Of course, he's forgotten that and now it's his idea, lol. Should be fun. Especially since tomorrow is supposed to be rainy.

Food can wait!
Old 08-06-2017, 09:40 PM   #21
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

I think that is key in marriage: let them think it's THEIR idea!
Sounds like a perfect way to spend a rainy day!
Old 08-06-2017, 09:40 PM   #22
CarolynF

Enjoy..My sisterinlaw and brotherinlaw love the hot springs. She says it smells funny at first, then you get used to it.

Old 08-06-2017, 09:43 PM   #23
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes. Very sulphur smell.
Old 08-06-2017, 09:45 PM   #24
CarolynF

Yup...but Brenda said they felt great.

Old 08-07-2017, 09:01 AM   #25
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

I just called this one and she said there's no smell and nothing to damage our suits, so I'm glad about that!

It should feel very good on this cool morning.

Food can wait!
Old 08-07-2017, 02:36 PM   #26
CarolynF

Oh...let us know..sounds wonderful with no smell..

Hoping Bowe did fine this am.

I finally exercised and didn't keel over. Scarlet and I went school shopping. Lots of notebooks to carry around. She has skinny arms. Her brother is starting kindergarten this year. He is all excited but he has never been away from Mom..
And his English isn't that great!!

Old 08-07-2017, 04:56 PM   #27
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Boy, I hope Scarlet helps him a lot with his English.
We went school shopping for some kids while we were in Indy. Not a long-term relationship like you have with Scarlet. I predict that will be a life-long blessing to both of you.

Bowe did great! No polyps. He's on the 10-year plan.
Now I've got to make an appointment for me.

Trying to get that dog rescued is a full-time job! Ugh.

My mom's power was restored late yesterday. She's glad to be back to normal.
But tough getting in and out of her neighborhood with all the street closures.
Old 08-07-2017, 06:39 PM   #28
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

We used to buy all the school supplies for our oldest 2 grandkiddos. I always remembered what a struggle that was when our 2 were little. There was always the "cool" stuff they wanted and was so hard for us to fit into our budget. When we took the grands we pretty much let them have whatever they wanted. The 2 youngest was another story. their mom was always afraid to let us do anything. She never believed that love multiplied, I think she thought it divided. She wouldn't let us get very close to those 2, which was a loss for us and for the kids. So sad.

I was on the 10 year plan last time I had a colonoscopy which makes me ok until 2020. I thought back then that I'd never do it again but now that it's getting closer I am having 2nd thoughts about that. Amazing how young 70 sounds nowadays, lol.

Food can wait!
Old 08-07-2017, 08:20 PM   #29
CarolynF

Yup...$98.00 for one kid and basic stuff.. she did get a new $18.00 backpack..

Scarlet's mom is very appreciative and I'm happy to help.

Sarah went to the chiro today because of her back problem that developed over the weekend. Brett stayed home and took care of her. I wish they had a good recliner for her. Back to work tomorrow. Chiro on Wed. They think it's a muscle problem..

Yeah for Bowe on the 10 year plan. I, too am on that plan, but lost track of my last one.

Scarlet thinks Reuben is okay with English. I'm not so sure, but she can help him at home.

Last edited by CarolynF; 08-07-2017 at 08:21 PM..
Old 08-07-2017, 08:38 PM   #30
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Well, if it makes any difference, I LOVE Reuben's name!
She will help him, I have no doubt. And I have no doubt he will need help.

I'm sorry for Sarah. So glad she made it through her lovely wedding. I have so many personal examples of getting through a big "thing" then letting down.
I didn't want to, it wasn't it my plan, but it's happened frequently in my life, whether a cold or illness or physical pain... bless her, and bless Brett for caring for his wife.
In sickness and in health.

Sandy, 70 is young. We all know this.
All of my mom and her friends, and my dad and his friends were super young during their 70s. When they hit the 80s is when different people started breaking down.

We've got a daughter-in-law that is only interested in her family. Our son is fine with that, so here we are.
We have the joy of our daughter and her 2 little ones, so we'll just count our blessings.