Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 10-17-2017, 09:32 AM   #61
DebM
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DebM
I wouldn't say I love exercise - I tolerate it!!! Last night I did a Firm video in the basement as it was getting dark out. I'm bad in that if I go home from work and don't get out and do it pretty quickly then it's easy for me to say "nah". So it was about 7 and that's late for me to even want to exercise but I told myself I needed to. I felt like I had 0 energy and that's an issue for me too and why I miss that afternoon NT. I do feel better after but I drag. I've exercised for years - learned that if I didn't or don't, I don't poop!!!!!!!!!!!!
DebM is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2017, 11:00 AM   #62
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT + Fast Five
Start Date: June 2012
Plus, you have muscles and are fit.
You are being more rational than I am - you do it because you need it and it's good for you.
Old 10-18-2017, 02:26 PM   #63
CindyCRNA
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: Beer and pizza diet
7-Keto DHEA boosts thyroid function also. I had to decrease my thyroid dose.

My Avi is my horse Victor and me Heritage Park horse trials 5/16

"Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here!"

Official freer of canned worms

Find me on Facebook: Cindy Hadel Briles
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 02:37 PM   #64
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

This is my 3rd day taking it.
Thanks for letting me know. Keeping my eyes open!
Old 10-19-2017, 01:21 PM   #65
CarolynF
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/157/145
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi everyone..

Dh is slowly painting the house..I think I have him talked into hiring someone...not me..
But, if it gets too cold, then we can continue into the Spring.

Wore my soft contacts to town..First time they have been out of the house. My right one
is not strong enough, so I'll go back on Monday. It is easier getting them out now with
the extra drops and pulling it down to my white part.

Company week from Friday..I think I'll have to make breakfast Saturday morning and the
rest of the time we can eat at Neewollah..Sarah's mom is always cooking and having
the kids over from time to time..So, I think I need to make one meal at least..LOL..

Deb: Wow..what a workout gal. Honestly, that should help with your weight..The very sad
part is that we can't eat much as we age..This is so depressing..

I need to get more regular with my Keto stuff.

Our musical is Mary Poppins this year. The lead has a wonderful voice, so that will make
the musical very pleasant.. Scarlet is going with us, which will be fun..

CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 01:29 PM   #66
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

I have been putting off getting an appointment with my primary care physician because I wanted my weight back down. I think maybe I'm losing a little every day. Don't know if the Keto stuff helps me want to eat less or I'm just back on the fasting bandwagon or both. I feel better not as "fluffy" LOL.

Carolyn I'm encouraged with your contact lens persistence! And with Gary painting the house. I think a little help would be welcome, if it were me.

Working! Happy with this weather, too.

Hugs all around!
Old 10-19-2017, 01:33 PM   #67
CarolynF

I have to go to the dr in November for the weigh-in..AKK...

Yes, I'm not giving up on my contacts. Everyone has different shaped eyes, so it takes
a special method to get them out.

Great weather...Happy working, Judy.

Old 10-19-2017, 02:19 PM   #68
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

We are similarly motivated, friend!!
Old 10-19-2017, 07:27 PM   #69
CindyCRNA
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Hi everyone..

Dh is slowly painting the house..I think I have him talked into hiring someone...not me..
But, if it gets too cold, then we can continue into the Spring.

Wore my soft contacts to town..First time they have been out of the house. My right one
is not strong enough, so I'll go back on Monday. It is easier getting them out now with
the extra drops and pulling it down to my white part.

Company week from Friday..I think I'll have to make breakfast Saturday morning and the
rest of the time we can eat at Neewollah..Sarah's mom is always cooking and having
the kids over from time to time..So, I think I need to make one meal at least..LOL..

Deb: Wow..what a workout gal. Honestly, that should help with your weight..The very sad
part is that we can't eat much as we age..This is so depressing..

I need to get more regular with my Keto stuff.

Our musical is Mary Poppins this year. The lead has a wonderful voice, so that will make
the musical very pleasant.. Scarlet is going with us, which will be fun..
That is the only way i can get them out for the last 40 years!

Old 10-20-2017, 05:40 AM   #70
DebM
Major LCF Poster!

So tell me about this Keto stuff......

I had lasik when I was 39 in both eyes and then an enhancement close to 50. Now at 62, I'm 20/40 and really miss the crisp vision that I had after the lasik. I hate wearing glasses but I'm thinking I might have to start wearing them all the time and have been pondering contacts but gosh, I did that for 20 years before the lasik. It's sad when your kind of looking forward to cataract surgery (which I've not been told I'll need). Are you ladies doing one contact for close and one for distant?
Old 10-20-2017, 10:06 AM   #71
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Well, the Keto stuff is making me a little jittery.
And hungry. Or maybe it's the fact that DH decided to make bacon this morning...
I'm going to stick with it because I'm sleeping at night, which is usually difficult for me.
I'll report as time goes on, but my stomach is smaller again. I admit I'd eaten more than usual lately, knowing I could go back to fasting most days and eating one meal a day.

I am super duper near-sighted. I really like my contacts, they are bifocal contacts. They are not perfect, but for everything except really close work I can see well.
That said, my favorite crisp vision is with my glasses, or removing my glasses and reading about 3" from my eyes (my sister does this, too).
I worry about when I eventually have cataract surgery. I know I'll be able to see well without contacts, but I'll miss the up-close crispness.

I did the monovision (one for close, one for distance) for a month or so. But the difference in correction for each eye was so huge I didn't have any "middle" vision. Like at the grocery store I either had to be far away or pretty close to see things. So the bifocal lenses are working well for me.
Old 10-21-2017, 12:37 PM   #72
CarolynF

Hi !

Just got back from the Chili Cookoff in the Park. $5 for all the chili you want.

Deb, my good eye has the cataract forming but not ready for surgery yet because my left eye is weak. Dh had the surgery and can go without glasses except for reading. Yes, my soft ones are lefty is for close up and righty is for far away. Judy, I would like to have the soft contacts with bifocals. I'm not sure these mono ones give the best vision.

Cindy, I think you have to break the seal on your contact by moving it away from your colored part. Sometimes mine pops right back up.

The kids in Broken Arrow started looking at open houses. It's a good start.

better get my contacts on.

Oh, do any of you do the Clear Care Method by putting them in a little vial a 3 % hydrogen peroxide solution or just use Opti-free?

Old 10-21-2017, 08:16 PM   #73
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/143.8/140-145 5'6"
WOE: Fast-5 intermittent fasting
Start Date: January 2003
I'm finally moved in!!!! And totally pooped out! But happy. I'll try to stay connected more now.

Food can wait!
There. Will. Always. Be. Food.
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 08:29 PM   #74
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Yippee, Sandy! I miss your voice! Rest up. I am so happy for you all.

I do the Clear Care method, Carolyn.

I cannot tell you how loud I was yelling for K State today! What a game! It would have been such a great thing if K-State could have won!
Old 10-22-2017, 03:02 PM   #75
CarolynF

So happy Sandy has a new home! I'm sure you will love it!!

Yes, pretty sad for KState fans....but next week should be a winning game against poor KU. It is supposed to get very cold here and in OK and KCity..

I'll ask my eye doc tomorrow about the Clear Care method for these lenses. I have protein buildup and can't imagine how the gentle stuff would clean that up.

Old 10-22-2017, 04:25 PM   #76
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

One of my dear dear college friend's sons has transferred, as a junior, to K-State, so we're all rooting for you all, too. I think he plays baseball.
Old 10-23-2017, 03:48 PM   #77
CarolynF

Yes, my eye dr said I should be using the Clear Care system. The little trainer didn't tell me that. Lolo. She ordered new lenses.

And I broke a tiny bit of a tooth off today when I was using my new waterpik. I knew there was something wrong before. So of course, my dentist is on vacation, so I am going to someone else for a look see. I have an appt with my dentist to have my crown attached permanently next week, but this week is Neewollah. I just want to find out if I can eat...lo lol.

Queen Neelah Talent Night tonight. Scarlet is going with several of my friends. Our pastor's daughter and another church girl are in it. Both were homeschooled, so they are making new friends.

Yeah, for your friend's son! They had a very good baseball team a few years back. Hope he has a great experience.

Old 10-23-2017, 04:08 PM   #78
CindyCRNA
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebM View Post
So tell me about this Keto stuff......

I had lasik when I was 39 in both eyes and then an enhancement close to 50. Now at 62, I'm 20/40 and really miss the crisp vision that I had after the lasik. I hate wearing glasses but I'm thinking I might have to start wearing them all the time and have been pondering contacts but gosh, I did that for 20 years before the lasik. It's sad when your kind of looking forward to cataract surgery (which I've not been told I'll need). Are you ladies doing one contact for close and one for distant?
From Web MD: 7-keto-DHEA is a by-product of dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA), a chemical that is formed in the body. DHEA is a "parent hormone" produced by glands near the kidneys. But unlike DHEA, 7-keto-DHEA is not converted to steroid hormones such as androgen and estrogen. Taking 7-keto-DHEA by mouth or applying it to the skin does not increase the level of steroid hormones in the blood.

People take 7-keto-DHEA to speed up the metabolism and heat production to promote weight loss. 7-keto-DHEA is also used to improve lean body mass and build muscle, increase the activity of the thyroid gland, boost the immune system, enhance memory, and slow aging.

How does it work?

7-keto-DHEA might promote weight loss by speeding up the body's metabolism.

Old 10-23-2017, 04:52 PM   #79
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Thank you, Cindy!
Well I definitely feel revved up. I only took 1 yesterday because I'm a little tired of feeling buzzy. That said, my pants definitely fit better and my stomach is flatter. I am hoping all the buzziness goes away. Might have to do my own thyroid test to see how that is going. I'm not scheduled for a thyroid test soon, but I can always order my own.
I have definitely felt warmer at times - not like a hot flash, er, well, kinda like a hot flash.

Took two of them today. When do you take your 2nd one??
I took mine at 3:45 PM.

Carolyn on the Clear Care, I use the Walmart brand. It's less expensive and is exactly the same thing, I'm pretty sure. I buy the double pack.

Fun times with Scarlet and Neewollah! But if you can't eat, it'll be a little torturous!!
So sorry about your teeth travails!
Old 10-23-2017, 08:43 PM   #80
CarolynF

Thanks for the heads up on the Walmart brand. I'll get it next time.

Bummer is right on the tooth problem. I just want to make sure this tiny broken off piece won't cause any trauma with eating!! like an infection..

I got my Keto, but will start it regularly after I get my blood work done in early November.

gotta work at the Neewollah store tomorrow.

Old 10-23-2017, 08:56 PM   #81
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Carolyn if I had to start again, I'd start with one Keto in the morning for several days.
After several days, then introduce the second pill.

Then again, I have that weirdo MTHFR double whammy genetic thingamabob - I'm homozygous for C677T so I don't methylate well. You may methylate better.

Have fun tomorrow!

Four or five years ago, I ate something very very hard and broke the tip of one of my front bottom teeth. I got into the dentist within a few days and he did something that is completely unnoticeable and he said is stronger than my real tooth. I was surprised there's no "seam", nothing to show what broke off. And this was a few years ago. Hope it's easy for you.
Old 10-24-2017, 07:04 AM   #82
CarolynF

Thanks for the Keto information!

Yes, I hope this tooth is salvageable. It is full of a silver filling from the dark ages. I don't think this dentist has time to do anything drastic, but just to look at it and advise me how to keep food from lodging in it. I do have a mouth guard to wear at night, which keeps my tongue away. I can wear it around home too..

Looks like a great day.

Hope Sandy is settling in.

Hi Deb...how are you doing? And Cindy?

Old 10-24-2017, 07:35 AM   #83
DebM
Major LCF Poster!

Oh Carolyn, I'm getting bigger everyday I think!!!! Some days I think I've got a handle on it, others not so much. I'm trying to do more low carb but then when you have spaghetti for supper that kind of blows the plan!!! I feel like maybe I should have my NP do some bloodwork to see where my levels are since she's dropped me down in Naturethyroid.

Yes, thanks so much for the Keto info. I wonder how it compares to HGH. My former Body Logic doctor said the problem with HGH is that if you had a tumor, it could possibly make them grow.
Old 10-24-2017, 08:17 AM   #84
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Deb I always have that worry - what in the world am I taking??
If I'm taking this to speed my metabolism what ELSE is it doing that I don't want it to do??

You should definitely have your thyroid checked. I'm sure it wouldn't make you lose weight, to get your thyroid helped out more, but it sure is hard to lose any weigh when it's out of whack!

And yes, spaghetti does not help at all.
My husband is a type 1 diabetic, so we're motivated differently, I'm sure.
We ONLY use zucchini noodles and we find we really really like them, particularly since the sauce is what we both really want. Our 4-year-old grandson has ONLY had zucchini noodles in his life, isn't that amazing? I'm sure it won't last, but I think it's a nice way to give him a leg up on health in his short life.

Having said that, the shiritaki noodles here on netrition called Zeroodles are delicious and extremely low carb. Kind of expensive, but how often do you eat spaghetti?
Old 10-24-2017, 08:45 AM   #85
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/143.8/140-145 5'6"
WOE: Fast-5 intermittent fasting
Start Date: January 2003
Quick check in! Still trying to fluff our new next. Still have several boxes to unpack and then I need to re-organize all the stuff I've just put away to get it out of sight. Probably wasn't the smartest way to go about it but I just wanted it out of boxes and put some where!! Plus my stupid shoulder has been killing me now for about 2 weeks. I know it's just from stress. I have a huge knot in my muscles right along my shoulder blade. It's very painful!

Food can wait!
There. Will. Always. Be. Food.
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 09:11 AM   #86
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Careful, Sandy!!!
Old 10-24-2017, 10:45 AM   #87
DebM
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
Deb I always have that worry - what in the world am I taking??
If I'm taking this to speed my metabolism what ELSE is it doing that I don't want it to do??

You should definitely have your thyroid checked. I'm sure it wouldn't make you lose weight, to get your thyroid helped out more, but it sure is hard to lose any weigh when it's out of whack!

And yes, spaghetti does not help at all.
My husband is a type 1 diabetic, so we're motivated differently, I'm sure.
We ONLY use zucchini noodles and we find we really really like them, particularly since the sauce is what we both really want. Our 4-year-old grandson has ONLY had zucchini noodles in his life, isn't that amazing? I'm sure it won't last, but I think it's a nice way to give him a leg up on health in his short life.

Having said that, the shiritaki noodles here on netrition called Zeroodles are delicious and extremely low carb. Kind of expensive, but how often do you eat spaghetti?

Not very often, maybe 1 time a month. I love Olive Garden's fetticini alfredo!

Funny, the NP office called to say it's time to get my bloodwork done!
Old 10-24-2017, 11:11 AM   #88
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebM View Post
Not very often, maybe 1 time a month. I love Olive Garden's fetticini alfredo!

Funny, the NP office called to say it's time to get my bloodwork done!
Yippee!
Good timing.

If it interests you (and I promise I'll stop after this! ), you can get Olive Garden's sauces over steamed broccoli or other vegetables rather than pasta!
Old 10-24-2017, 11:44 AM   #89
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Carolyn, what do you hear about Connie?
Old 10-24-2017, 03:22 PM   #90
CarolynF

Sandy, treat yourself to a massage....

Tooth report: well, there was a little crack and a tiny bit of tooth broke off. The sub dentist took a photo and X-ray, and there is a tiny cavity in there. But she buffed up the broken part off, so it is smoother. Feels much better.

Connie report: she has an appointment with the Hernia expert at OU Med Ctr on Thursday. I'm sure once she sees her hernias, she will rush her into surgery.. one involves her stomach com No up out of her chest wall, which looks like a 3rd bump there. Her daughter is down there, so that is good.

Spaghetti is of the debil because it tastes so good. let's hope your blood work shows you need more thyroid. My dr says not to take thyroid meds 24 hours before you take the test. Otherwise, you will get a false report.

Heading to Queen Neelah tonight with Scarlet. We will eat at Arby's and watch them walk in.