Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 01-31-2017, 02:53 PM   #1
CarolynF
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/157/145
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
SVELTE in 17 February Challenge.

Starting us off.

CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2017, 06:54 AM   #2
CarolynF

Didn't weigh in. Dh got a call that his dr ordered a CPAP machine. He was in shock because he thought he aced the overnight breathing test. So, he is picking it up today.

Off to read with my 2 boys. I started back to the gym so I'll do some walking/exercising there first.

Check in later. ��

Sandy: there is a poor lady with shingles on the PG. I know she would appreciate your input when you check in.

Last edited by CarolynF; 02-01-2017 at 06:56 AM..
Old 02-01-2017, 11:31 AM   #3
CarolynF

Well, Dh is not happy about the CPAP machine. He doesn't like getting older. But Medicare will only pay for it if he uses it. It has a built-in recorder thing that sends info to somewhere. I'm glad because so many peeps get one, Medicare pays for it and no one uses it, then they have heart problems because of it.

We shalll see...making some of my homemade yogurt today.

Old 02-01-2017, 05:45 PM   #4
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Still Karen
Stats: 173 starting weight, now 168
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Feb 15, 2017
Hi, I've been out of touch for a little while helping an elderly lady in my town who is moving to senior living. So many decisions; it's been overwhelming for her. I'm not able to help with the moving but have been able to drive her to various appointments and just talk her through some of the decisions.

My weight is not moving....grrrr. I got out my old Weight Watchers books yesterday and started counting points again today. The good news about the IFing is that I have not gained any weight this winter (yeahhhhhhh ) but I'm not losing either so I think I need to count points for a while and see if that helps. The IFing has sure stopped my evening snacking. I'm sooooooooooo happy about that.

I'm in the process of getting my bladder surgery set up. I saw my surgeon for the second time on Monday and signed the papers that go to the insurance company for approval. The nurse should be calling yet this week to set up my pre-surgery physical. I'm going tomorrow to get my tetanus booster, then after all that the surgery date will be set, possibly as early as Feb 10th or 17th. Those were two dates they floated by me at the surgeon's office. I'm ready and willing to just get it over with during the winter so I'm healed up by spring.

Are any of you watching the PBS series Victoria? We watched the first night but was not impressed. We are watching the one called Mercy Street and like it.

Carolyn....have fun sleeping with that noisy CPAP.

Sandy....Your snowbird experience has sounded so fun and enjoyable. I'm happy that you are having a good time. Your husband must have gotten well after his start with that terrible virus/flu.
Still Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 08:17 PM   #5
CarolynF

Karen: nice of you to help that little lady.... best wishes and prayers for your upcoming surgery. keep us posted.

Dh told me the CPAP person said he had 28 episodes in an hour on average!!! Holy smokes!!! He is lucky to have a nagging wife!

I started watching Victoria. Kind of slow. Haven't started Mercy Street. I think I watched it once last year and it was too bloody. Lolol

Old 02-02-2017, 11:02 AM   #6
magnamater
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: magnamater
I'm not weighing in, but I continue on, hi Carolyn!

My medications (gabapentin, mostly, which caused a huge weight gain, makes it almost imperceptible if any weight loss at all) mean I won't be racing anyone. But I will continue HFLC. . .two doctor's recommendations so I get it! Health before svelte. . .

And my DH thinks he can make me all better by booking cruises, but I stick with it!

And Carolyn, I received a cpap about 4 weeks ago. Tell DH, it's a learning curve, but I'm getting it, and occasionally getting 9hours sleep.
magnamater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 11:03 AM   #7
magnamater
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: magnamater
My cpap is almost noiseless! Newfangled!
magnamater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 09:22 AM   #8
CindyCRNA
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 55 years old
WOE: Beer and pizza diet

My Avi is my horse Victor and me Heritage Park horse trials 5/16

"Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here!"

Official freer of canned worms

Find me on Facebook: Cindy Hadel Briles
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 12:16 PM   #9
CarolynF

Thanks, Magna..His started making some noise last night he said..I am in the other bedroom until he gets this under control..LOL.

Praying for sweet Lenny...

Hoping tomorrow is a special day for my son and his girlfriend..let you know...

Old 02-03-2017, 06:41 PM   #10
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

Very exciting Carolyn!

My WW point counting is going well....hopefully the scale is going to start moving.

Sandy, I saw on this morning's news that you are getting 70 degree weather. I'm jealous!!! We had 11 degrees this morning but sunny which was nice. We still have a good foot of snow on the ground and the snowmobiles are buzzing through the neighborhood daily. I thought of you walking along a beach in 70 degrees though.
Old 02-04-2017, 01:10 PM   #11
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/143.8/140-145 5'6"
WOE: Fast-5 intermittent fasting
Start Date: January 2003
Silly me, I forgot we were in a new month and wondered why nobody was posting. So I'm checking in and needless to say I gained for the month. Only about 2.5 pounds but I'm afraid it's going to keep climbing if I don't get control over myself.

I hope I never need a CPAP. Many of my friends have them and my mom did too.

Food can wait!
There. Will. Always. Be. Food.
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 01:34 PM   #12
CarolynF

Hi everyone!!

Went to a funeral for a very sweet 77 year old lady. She lost her husband when he was in his 50's, one son in trouble all the time, but she raised 2 grandkids herself. One responsible son with normal kids. Her son was in jail so he couldn't attend her funeral, but the family was amazing. She really is experiencing her reward in heaven!!

We might get some warmer weather, but not like Sandy. I doubt if you'll need a CPAP unless you snore. Dh is adjusting.

Karen: Hope the points help. I need to keep track...bad.

No announcement this weekend.

Old 02-04-2017, 02:46 PM   #13
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT + Fast Five
Start Date: June 2012
As usual, I forgot to check for a new thread. LOL

I'm going to start working again next week, darnit. My birthday is Friday and I think I'm throwing my own party - family - lots of cakes.

I hope those cpap machines are life savers. I bet I end up needing one.
Skinny sister had a dental appliance put in. It was over $1,000 but it keeps her jaw at a place she doesn't snore. I'm thinking it might be worth it if I ever submit to a sleep study...

Maybe tonight for asking important questions? We'll see.
Old 02-04-2017, 07:23 PM   #14
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

DH has a dental appliance as well. Actually he's on his 2nd one. He wore the first one out. It's also to keep him from grinding his teeth. It works well for both.

Food can wait!
Old 02-04-2017, 08:39 PM   #15
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
DH has a dental appliance as well. Actually he's on his 2nd one. He wore the first one out. It's also to keep him from grinding his teeth. It works well for both.
Oooh. Thank you.
Old 02-04-2017, 08:55 PM   #16
CarolynF

Another friend of mine got a dental appliance and it stopped her snoring, too..

I don't think this is the weekend. Maybe he'll wait until Valentines Day. Who knows?? Lolol

I had breakfast with Scarlet. She mentioned that she thought you know who was a racist and wasn't her xxxx. Well, I wasn't going to stand by and let her say this because she didn't even know what she was saying. But we smoothed it over.. lolol...

hugs to all..

Old 02-04-2017, 09:04 PM   #17
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Good for you, Carolyn.
Precious Scarlet needs to hear another point of view.
Probably not surprising where she heard her opinion. Glad you shared yours.

I think I'm a future candidate for that dental appliance.
Old 02-04-2017, 09:11 PM   #18
CarolynF

She is quite young and also upset about the wall... I'm sure her parents were illegal but her dad is on the waiting list for citizenship. So, that subject we avoided.

The appliance sounds like a good solution. Dh has a different problem with his throat
flapper closing at the wrong time. Lolol. ???

Old 02-06-2017, 12:29 PM   #19
CarolynF

Hi!!!

Warm and humid here....

We watched the game. Dh and I aren't into pro football, but glad the Patriots won for my friends and family up there.

Eye appt/mammo/bone scan tomorrow! Bone scan is the easiest!

Hope everyone is okay.

Dh's CPAP has been quiet. I think he had the face mask on wrong.

Old 02-06-2017, 12:33 PM   #20
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Hello! We are not pro football fans and I haven't watched the superbowl since ever.
But we watched last night's game for some reason and that was really fun! I didn't care who won, so it was just a good game to me.
Why does everyone hate Tom Brady? Is that his name?

You're getting a LOT done tomorrow! Good luck on everything.

Cleaning and cleaning today, maybe starting a little cake making for my birthday Friday. I have foolishly invited my family over for dinner and I start working tomorrow, which I'm sure will freak me out. LOL

The CPAP is quiet because the face mask is on wrong? Or...?

Happy Monday!
Old 02-06-2017, 12:46 PM   #21
CarolynF

The CPAP is noisy when you don't have a tight seal on the mask.

I think Tom deflated the footballs last year so he could throw them better. Dh says people say he is the best quarterback in the NFL..maybe peeps are jealous. He is 39, too.

Judy, can you bring in food???? You shouldn't stress on your 39th birthday!!!

Old 02-06-2017, 12:50 PM   #22
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
The CPAP is noisy when you don't have a tight seal on the mask.
Oh. Makes sense.

Quote:
I think Tom deflated the footballs last year so he could throw them better. Dh says people say he is the best quarterback in the NFL..maybe peeps are jealous. He is 39, too.
Ah yes, deflategate. If that was true, it does seem like cheating to me, but I have been so disinterested I shouldn't actually have an opinion.

Quote:
Judy, can you bring in food???? You shouldn't stress on your 39th birthday!!!

You are funny!!

I actually do this sometimes to ward off my dear dear mother who still feels like she should be throwing a party for me.

This gets me the food I want and let's face it - I must be a control freak or something. I usually have a little of the birthday blues and this sort of takes me out that and into a giving and grateful mood. Add a little work anxiety to that and it should be a perfect birthday!
Old 02-06-2017, 04:27 PM   #23
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

I miss so much when I don't check in daily.

Carolyn, I hope your tests and check up went well. Healthy is a good thing. I wish you good health. All this CPAP talk,,, confession time....my husband and I just recently started sleeping in separate rooms because of his snoring. I miss him in bed but love getting a better night sleep.

Judy, what is your new job?? Or is this just back to work with the work you and your husband do with the oil drilling thing (I'm still not really sure what your husband does. You explained it but it was sort of like listening to an engineer explaining how to extract an atom from a rock. You know how someone's face looks when they are trying to understand but just can't squeeze enough brain cells out to really understand ) ha ha.

And happy belated birthday to the 39 year old!!!!!!!! (Don't we wish?)

Today I helped my little senior lady, Lainy (short for Elaine), with some paperwork for her senior living today then we raided the refrigerator for leftovers (pizza, coleslaw & coconut pudding) for lunch. I worked in my office all afternoon and am now listening to a 1972 Youtube concert of Gordon Lightfoot while I check emails and this thread. ~~~ Finished another Sandra Dallas historical novel called Alice's Tulips. It was good enough. For some reason I'm reading through this author. I don't usually do that but I'm just in a total history mood and that is what she does so I'm enjoying the read while the snow falls past my windows. I just started another book of her's called New Mercies, another civil war based story. So far so good.

Didn't do the Superbowl....blahhhhhhhhhh to sports. I'd rather have a book.
Old 02-06-2017, 07:33 PM   #24
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Karen View Post
Judy, what is your new job?? Or is this just back to work with the work you and your husband do with the oil drilling thing (I'm still not really sure what your husband does. You explained it but it was sort of like listening to an engineer explaining how to extract an atom from a rock. You know how someone's face looks when they are trying to understand but just can't squeeze enough brain cells out to really understand ) ha ha.
HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!
Yes, it's just getting back to work my husband and I do. We do a lot of title work - that's all we're both doing right now is title. Mineral title. We need to know who owns the minerals before we know who to contact before we drill a well. That's probably as clear as mud. I think my line of work is pretty small in the grand scheme. If you are not a mineral owner upon whom a well might be drilled, my work is irrelevant to you. And probably ridiculously hard to understand!

Quote:
And happy belated birthday to the 39 year old!!!!!!!! (Don't we wish?)

Quote:
Today I helped my little senior lady, Lainy (short for Elaine), with some paperwork for her senior living today then we raided the refrigerator for leftovers (pizza, coleslaw & coconut pudding) for lunch. I worked in my office all afternoon and am now listening to a 1972 Youtube concert of Gordon Lightfoot while I check emails and this thread. ~~~ Finished another Sandra Dallas historical novel called Alice's Tulips. It was good enough. For some reason I'm reading through this author. I don't usually do that but I'm just in a total history mood and that is what she does so I'm enjoying the read while the snow falls past my windows. I just started another book of her's called New Mercies, another civil war based story. So far so good.
Bless you!

I really like historical fiction...
Old 02-07-2017, 08:42 AM   #25
CarolynF

Hi ladies..

Back from the eye dr. I mentioned that a friend (Char) had itchy eyes and an eye infection, so she looked more carefully. My eyes are pinkish all day, so she gave me an antibiotic steroid drop. I'm glad. What would we do without our internet friends???

Karen. Dh and I started sleeping in separate rooms because of his snoring. Dh was in denial that he stopped breathing, but when he took his test, he was on the very high side. I'm betting your Dh needs to take a sleep test, too. It does wonders for heart health!

Judy, we own farm land so understand mineral rights.

now the mammo....

Old 02-07-2017, 09:29 AM   #26
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

Judy.... back at you. You always bring a smile to my face when I read your cheerful posts. Thanks for being a bright spot in my boring days. Enjoy your job!! How's all the little peeps and your daughter's family after losing their loved one?

Carolyn....DH and I have had the sleep study talk and he simply refuses. He says "I'm not going to have people watching me sleep". He's afraid he might pass gas, scratch somewhere private, or snort in his sleep (he's a guy, he does all three on occasion, I probably do too) and being the private man that he is he just can't bring himself to undergo that sleep study. So after years of jabbing him in the side every night and telling him to roll over, one night he discussed sleeping in the guest room. I actually ordered him one of those mouth pieces and he didn't like that at all. He said it dried his mouth out too much, but it was one that I ordered out of a gadget magazine for about $30, not the ones from the dentist so maybe the higher priced ones work better. So for now separate rooms it is. When we were newly weds almost 40 years ago I remember that his grandparents slept in separate bedrooms and we thought that was odd because they were the sweetest, most loving couple. Now we laugh about it and say "yep, they were such sweet people because they actually got a good night's sleep". Funny how time changes a couple's ideas about things. As long as I get my hugs and kisses I'm good for another 20 years.

Gosh, my morning has been busy with housework. I'm sitting here to take a little break and get off my feet.

Now off to town on a couple errands - bank, post office, grocery store, library.
Old 02-07-2017, 01:40 PM   #27
CarolynF

Gary did his study at home. They sent the equipment to our home and he just attached
things to his chest or pj top..Then turned it on..Then he sent it back to the company and
they read it..Very easy and more accurate because you get better sleep..I made Gary do it because how damaging not breathing can be to your heart..He is glad...sort of.

Survived the mammo..and the bone scan. Cooked a nice steak for steak salad tonight.
Weather is gorgeous..

Knitting Night tonight..We are teaching ladies from church to knit.

Old 02-07-2017, 03:09 PM   #28
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

What was the name of that "at home" sleep study. Did your Dr suggest it? I snore too but after talking with my Dr he said he didn't think it was sleep apnea b/c I didn't have any other symptoms?? My mom used a cpap for years!

DH has mentioned sleeping in separate rooms b/c of the snoring before and I always tell him I didn't get married to sleep alone. I always feel lost when I sleep alone. It's comforting to have him there, snoring, tossing & turning or whatever. I hope I never have to sleep alone all the time,

Food can wait!
Old 02-07-2017, 04:34 PM   #29
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Last week I went with DD to help her take the boys to their doctor. Milo had a 2-month checkup. DD's MIL is the office manager at this doctor's office.
She's worked there more than 20 years and the doctors and nurses and staff are all friends, so they're all keenly aware MIL (Sue) lost her DH a few weeks ago.

We stopped in to visit Sue and I asked her how she was doing.
She said I wouldn't believe how much clutter she's picked up. She said when she married her DH, she pointed to her dining room table and said, "That table is 100 years old. Please do not ever use it as a work table!"

And she laughed and said there was always a drill lying on it or some piece of work equipment.

Then she teared up and said she'd have all the clutter back if she could have her DH back, too.

Deaths and illnesses always make me grateful for my DH. It makes you hold on extra tight.

I made my carrot cake muffins for my birthday Friday. I added 1/2 cup Fiber Yum and they are not the sturdiest texture. Not sure if I should have added more almond flour or what. They taste INCREDIBLE, though. I might make the cream cheese frosting and hand it all over to my mom to frost for Friday. I think she'd like something to do. Or she says she does, LOL!
I think I'm going to continue and make that incredible black bean cake this evening - 2 layers - and the hardest part of my birthday will be done!
Except for getting through my birthday with a smile on my face.
Old 02-08-2017, 12:43 PM   #30
CarolynF

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
What was the name of that "at home" sleep study. Did your Dr suggest it? I snore too but after talking with my Dr he said he didn't think it was sleep apnea b/c I didn't have any other symptoms?? My mom used a cpap for years!

DH has mentioned sleeping in separate rooms b/c of the snoring before and I always tell him I didn't get married to sleep alone. I always feel lost when I sleep alone. It's comforting to have him there, snoring, tossing & turning or whatever. I hope I never have to sleep alone all the time,

Gary didn't have the other symptoms, he thought. But, when you are asleep, you don't know if you have any symptoms. Our doc suggested it. Another friend with a different doc suggested it. However, we had to pay for the test ourselves because Gary wrote down he didn't have any symptoms. Right. Then the test comes back as very high in episodes!! I want my $300 back.

Judy, have a fun party. That black bean cake is amazing. Do you use the Doyle Beans of the regulars?

Glad Sue has a sense of humor despite her tragedy. So sad.