Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 04-05-2018, 07:59 AM   #331
jabbok
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jabbok
Good morning everyone hope you are having a good day and losing.

I am still sick went to be at 5:30 last night slept off and on until 6 this morning.

I am down 1.8 today very happy with that will continue with the food that I have been eating as it seems to be working.

Keto Feb. 12 2018
jabbok is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2018, 04:39 PM   #332
wifezilla
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wifezilla
Stats: 250/207/190
WOE: Read em all. Doing it my way.
Start Date: May 2007
With this pace shutting down, I just wanted to let you know that there is a home for anyone that wants a fun group of supportive goofballs over on facebook. Search for the group Hardcore Healthy Living.

My Favorite Low Carb Ezine! Modern Savage Living
wifezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 05:48 AM   #333
clackley
Chatty Cathy

Gallery: clackley
WOE: N.K.=vlc/moderate protein/high fat
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
Many are relocating at activelowcarbers in the 'lounge' for displaced LCF. I am not a fan of facebook so anyone else who feels the same, we have been warmly welcomed at ALC and their format is very much like this one.

You will have to register and the thought is to keep your name the same as here or close so we can 'recognize' each other.

"The energy content of food (calories) matters, but it is less important than the metabolic effect of food on our body." Dr. P. Attia
“Eat animals. Mostly fat. Enjoy!
"I resist insulin" Hyperlipid
We are butter together!
clackley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 01:59 PM   #334
Star123
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Star123
Stats: 208/177/128, 5'5" med frame
WOE: Keto/LCHF
Start Date: Restart 1/1/2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by clackley View Post
Many are relocating at activelowcarbers in the 'lounge' for displaced LCF. I am not a fan of facebook so anyone else who feels the same, we have been warmly welcomed at ALC and their format is very much like this one.

You will have to register and the thought is to keep your name the same as here or close so we can 'recognize' each other.
Cathy ~ I've been mia, so this is news to me! is activelowcarbers a new website? Thanks for letting us know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifezilla View Post
With this pace shutting down, I just wanted to let you know that there is a home for anyone that wants a fun group of supportive goofballs over on f a c e b o o k. Search for the group Hardcore Healthy Living.
wifezilla ~ Thanks for sharing!
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me"
Philippians 4:13

https://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ez...mVe/weight.png

Last edited by Star123; 04-07-2018 at 02:10 PM..
Star123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 06:39 PM   #335
Star123
Major LCF Poster!

Ladies ~ I don't do facebook anymore, but I registered at ALC. It was an easy transformation, and it is very similar to LCF and these forums. Still using my username: star123, so that you will know who I am. But, I am saddened about the news. I kinda knew it was coming. Just didn't know when. I will stay here as long as possible until they close on june 1, 2018. Here is a link @ http://forum.lowcarber.org/login.php?do=logout&u=173993

http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/announcement.php?f=3&a=74

You'll have a fantastic night!!

Last edited by Star123; 04-07-2018 at 06:49 PM..
Old 04-09-2018, 07:32 PM   #336
jshaf
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jshaf
Stats: 450/298/180
WOE: Keto combined with OMAD and extended fasting
Start Date: October 8th 2017
not sure I like the idea of this forum going away, heck I just got here anyway down 124 lbs now
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 05:46 AM   #337
CaCO3Girl
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CaCO3Girl
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2018
Hi, I'm actually an Atkins induction person but I just tried the keto strips yesterday and was hoping for some insight.

What is a good level to be in to lose weight. I have about 100 pounds to loose. Also, when I went to bed the keto strips said I was at a 4 (moderate), when I woke up it was like there was no color at all on the strip. What's that about?
CaCO3Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 10:09 AM   #338
clackley
Chatty Cathy

There is a home for all of us there under nutritional ketosis. I started a thread just to get things going. Hope to see you all there. It is already an awesome site!

"The energy content of food (calories) matters, but it is less important than the metabolic effect of food on our body." Dr. P. Attia
We are butter together!
Old 04-10-2018, 12:31 PM   #339
jabbok
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
There is a home for all of us there under nutritional ketosis. I started a thread just to get things going. Hope to see you all there. It is already an awesome site!
Thank you that will make the transition easier.

Keto Feb. 12 2018
Old 04-11-2018, 08:00 AM   #340
jabbok
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning everyone I really hope we all make it to the new boards.

I stayed the same today not a big deal as I am learning not to stress out.

I think I will make tacos for supper tomorrow I seem to lose better with hamburger and not chicken so much most likely because of the fat content.

I need to start doing some exercise I do lots of walking at work but want to start doing a weight program just have to start.

Keto Feb. 12 2018
Old 04-12-2018, 09:52 AM   #341
Star123
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaCO3Girl View Post
Hi, I'm actually an Atkins induction person but I just tried the keto strips yesterday and was hoping for some insight.

What is a good level to be in to lose weight. I have about 100 pounds to loose. Also, when I went to bed the keto strips said I was at a 4 (moderate), when I woke up it was like there was no color at all on the strip. What's that about?
CaCO3Girl ~ I have used these ketosis strips, but they're not that acurate. If it reads between .4 pink and 5ish. You should be in ketosis. Some read purple which is higher. As long as you're following the ketogenic diet you will lose weight. At first you can lose alot of water weight. I follow Dr Berg's videos on youtube.com. He is really informative and knows what he is talking about. Later you become fat adapted. He explains this very well. The average weight loss can slow to 1/2, 1-2 pounds per week. They recommend eating good fats, but do not over do it. Can kick you out of ketosis. We are all different, so you may need to research a bit. Some LCFers are really strick with their diet, and lose big! Eating only one meal a day. Most of us fast! I fast between breakfast and supper, and eat a hand full of nuts, almonds, walnuts for lunch. Most of us do keto LCHF which is "Lowcarb Healthy Fasting. Hope this helps!

Last edited by Star123; 04-12-2018 at 10:01 AM..
Old 04-12-2018, 10:35 AM   #342
Portia
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Portia
Stats: 60 lbs gone!
WOE: My own plan
FYI, the Keto Reddit board is incredibly active and helpful.

Portia's Journal
Portia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 11:52 AM   #343
jabbok
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portia View Post
FYI, the Keto Reddit board is incredibly active and helpful.
Thanks I will look into this

Keto Feb. 12 2018
Old 04-12-2018, 11:54 AM   #344
CaCO3Girl
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CaCO3Girl
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star123 View Post
CaCO3Girl ~ I have used these ketosis strips, but they're not that acurate. If it reads between .4 pink and 5ish. You should be in ketosis. Some read purple which is higher. As long as you're following the ketogenic diet you will lose weight. At first you can lose alot of water weight. I follow Dr Berg's videos on youtube.com. He is really informative and knows what he is talking about. Later you become fat adapted. He explains this very well. The average weight loss can slow to 1/2, 1-2 pounds per week. They recommend eating good fats, but do not over do it. Can kick you out of ketosis. We are all different, so you may need to research a bit. Some LCFers are really strick with their diet, and lose big! Eating only one meal a day. Most of us fast! I fast between breakfast and supper, and eat a hand full of nuts, almonds, walnuts for lunch. Most of us do keto LCHF which is "Lowcarb Healthy Fasting. Hope this helps!
thank you SO much!
CaCO3Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 12:23 PM   #345
jshaf
Senior LCF Member

knocked another 6 lbs off this week, down 130 to date
Old 04-15-2018, 12:24 PM   #346
jshaf
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabbok View Post
Thanks I will look into this
on there, jhshaf is my "handle"
Old 04-15-2018, 02:10 PM   #347
jabbok
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshaf View Post
knocked another 6 lbs off this week, down 130 to date
wtg

Quote:
on there, jhshaf is my "handle"
okay thanks

Keto Feb. 12 2018
Old 04-29-2018, 04:42 PM   #348
jshaf
Senior LCF Member

still hitting it hard, down 7 lbs this last week, have lost 139 lbs since 10-08-17
Old 05-05-2018, 09:21 AM   #349
astribling
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: astribling
Stats: 212/183/169(165 for wiggle room)
WOE: Keto
Start Date: 2012- low carb 2018- Keto
Can I join?

Hi Everyone! I know it's a bit late already in this thread, but I would love to join the discussion! I'll give you a little history....

I first started basic low carb about 6 years ago now. I lost about 45 pounds and really improved all my blood work numbers and general health. I stuck with it for a couple of years and then began to fall back and forth. Last year I tried a more keto approach and did really well again! However last fall I once again fell off the wagon. The beginning of the year was rough, stress, anxiety and eating lots of junk. I was tired all the time, joints hurting like crazy. BTW I'm 56 so losing any weight is always a struggle. LOL

2 Weeks ago now I had enough and went back on to strict keto with some intermittent fasting and even did a 40 hour fast! Yay me! After just 2 weeks I have energy again, and I noticed a couple of days ago that my knees were hardly hurting at all!! So I guess I just need a group to check in with and help me remember WHY I do this WOE. And why in the world is it so easy to fall off when I KNOW that I feel so much better!

Thanks for listening!

Alice

Starting weight on June 26, 2012 - 212
First goal reached Jan 17, 2013 - 175
Second goal June 11, 2013 - 169
Final goal August 28, 2013-- (165? just to give me some breathing room)
---------------
astribling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 08:34 PM   #350
jshaf
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by astribling View Post
Hi Everyone! I know it's a bit late already in this thread, but I would love to join the discussion! I'll give you a little history....

I first started basic low carb about 6 years ago now. I lost about 45 pounds and really improved all my blood work numbers and general health. I stuck with it for a couple of years and then began to fall back and forth. Last year I tried a more keto approach and did really well again! However last fall I once again fell off the wagon. The beginning of the year was rough, stress, anxiety and eating lots of junk. I was tired all the time, joints hurting like crazy. BTW I'm 56 so losing any weight is always a struggle. LOL

2 Weeks ago now I had enough and went back on to strict keto with some intermittent fasting and even did a 40 hour fast! Yay me! After just 2 weeks I have energy again, and I noticed a couple of days ago that my knees were hardly hurting at all!! So I guess I just need a group to check in with and help me remember WHY I do this WOE. And why in the world is it so easy to fall off when I KNOW that I feel so much better!

Thanks for listening!

Alice
Keto and fasting has turned me in to a weight loss machine, after struggling for the better part of three decades I have dropped 139 lbs since 10-08-2017, not in my wildest dreams did I think I would drop weight so fast. not going to say it was effortless but it has been much easier than previous attempts I have made. Keto stunts the hunger pains, the fat is more satisfying, it just works for me. will hit 150 lbs lost by the end of this month and plan on having over 200 lbs lost by sometime in the fall, most likely before my one year anniversary of starting Keto. if I can do it pretty much anyone can do it!
Old 05-06-2018, 06:54 AM   #351
jabbok
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by astribling View Post

Thanks for listening!

Alice
Alice welcome to the group but this site will be closing June 1st most of us have moved over to this site:

http://lcneighborhood.com/

Come and join us the site is picking up and is very similar to this one.

Keto Feb. 12 2018
Old 05-06-2018, 06:57 AM   #352
jabbok
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Keto and fasting has turned me in to a weight loss machine, after struggling for the better part of three decades I have dropped 139 lbs since 10-08-2017, not in my wildest dreams did I think I would drop weight so fast. not going to say it was effortless but it has been much easier than previous attempts I have made. Keto stunts the hunger pains, the fat is more satisfying, it just works for me. will hit 150 lbs lost by the end of this month and plan on having over 200 lbs lost by sometime in the fall, most likely before my one year anniversary of starting Keto. if I can do it pretty much anyone can do it!
congrats on your weight loss journey you are doing excellent.

I have been doing Keto since Feb. 12 down about 18.8 pounds most of it in the 1st month and now up and down the same 1-2 pounds for the last 2 months so I am looking into IF.

Keto Feb. 12 2018
Old 05-06-2018, 07:07 AM   #353
astribling
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
That's great!! I've lost 5 lbs in the 2.5 weeks I've been back on keto. And that combined with IF makes it so easy for me to just eat one meal a day and I'm finding my hunger going away. It's been great!

---------------
Old 05-06-2018, 07:09 AM   #354
astribling
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Alice welcome to the group but this site will be closing June 1st most of us have moved over to this site:

http://lcneighborhood.com/

Come and join us the site is picking up and is very similar to this one.
Hi Cindy! And thanks! I will pop over to the other site, thanks for the invite!

---------------
Old 05-13-2018, 04:08 AM   #355
clackley
Chatty Cathy

LCN is not the only game in town. I have another site that is well established and focusses on Keto. It is www.ketogenicforums.com. I think it might suit those of us in this thread better. Just saying............

We are butter together!
Old 05-13-2018, 02:31 PM   #356
jabbok
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
LCN is not the only game in town. I have another site that is well established and focusses on Keto. It is www.ketogenicforums.com. I think it might suit those of us in this thread better. Just saying............
Thanks will have to check it out.

Keto Feb. 12 2018
Old 05-13-2018, 04:19 PM   #357
jshaf
Senior LCF Member

had a good week after not losing any last week(suspect a sugar free Popsicle as the culprit) but learned my lesson and got back on the horse and knocked off 6 lbs this week, now down 145 lbs to date, 305 and hope to be in the two hundreds soon
Old 05-14-2018, 07:16 AM   #358
astribling
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks! I will check it out as well.

FYI I'm ketoalice over on the LCN board, since I've switched to more keto than basic LC.

---------------
Old 05-14-2018, 07:17 AM   #359
jabbok
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
had a good week after not losing any last week(suspect a sugar free Popsicle as the culprit) but learned my lesson and got back on the horse and knocked off 6 lbs this week, now down 145 lbs to date, 305 and hope to be in the two hundreds soon
wtg you are still doing really good despite the sugar free popsicle sometimes it's trial and error but you figured out what the problem was and still lost 6 pounds in the week.

I am down 1.2 today to a new low still have about 35 pounds to go to my 1st goal weight.

Thanks again for the tip on IF I started a week ago and now the weight is coming off again.

Keto Feb. 12 2018
Old 05-16-2018, 03:49 PM   #360
jshaf
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
wtg you are still doing really good despite the sugar free popsicle sometimes it's trial and error but you figured out what the problem was and still lost 6 pounds in the week.

I am down 1.2 today to a new low still have about 35 pounds to go to my 1st goal weight.

Thanks again for the tip on IF I started a week ago and now the weight is coming off again.
I only allow myself one slip up a week....LOL. because I only eat a hand full of meals a week and I listen to my body in between it is a lot easier to pinpoint the issues when they occur. still those Popsicles were darn good, not worth the trouble but at least I got a little something out of it