Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Medi Weightloss
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 08-28-2014, 04:40 PM   #511
Justamom
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Justamom
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsprice View Post
Weighed in today. Down two pounds! 1 pound of fat. I'll take it!!
Woohoo! That is awesome!
Justamom is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2014, 04:42 PM   #512
Justamom
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinningblue View Post
For realz?? Me too! I was born and raised in West Monroe.
So not only are we in the same town but we are going to the same clinic.... Small world!
Old 08-28-2014, 04:49 PM   #513
Justamom
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarb10 View Post
Morning all! My weight has pretty much been at a standstill this week but it is my time of the month so maybe thats why?

Anyways, just got an email saying there is a new Banana Cream Shake! Just curious if anyone has tried it yet!

Keep up the good work everyone!
I tried the banana cream shake at my clinic yesterday and ended up buying it. It was really smooth and very good. They told me I could use unsweetened almond milk with it if I wanted to. I actually mixed a little chocolate protein and the banana today and used the almond milk...... YUMMO! and the almond milk made it more filling! Yesterday I added a little of the banana to a strawberry shake-to-go and it was good too!

It can also be used in the pancake recipe instead of the vanilla and add walnuts or pecans.

The banana cream was $25....... which I believe is a lot less than the other flavors but not sure. I have only gotten the shakes to go until yesterday. And really the only reason I tried the banana cream was because they were out of the chocolate shake to go.
Old 08-28-2014, 05:05 PM   #514
Justamom
Junior LCF Member

Welcome MsCourtney! I am in week 11... only down 17 pounds but I will be the first to say that I have not been strict with the program. I have done a lot of traveling this summer and stayed low carb but not strictly on the program... It is my own fault but I want this to be a lifestyle change.

I found this board recently and hope to get more committed... after this long weekend at the lake with family and friends!
Old 08-28-2014, 06:32 PM   #515
mscourtney210
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mscourtney210
Stats: 193/156.5/145 @5'3
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: August 28, 2014
thanks

Great job ms price, katie bugg, and just a mom. Any weight loss is going on the right direction.

Day one going well so far. Pre planning, cooking, and portioning my food is fun so I can. be ready To go each day. Not sure about cheese in week one. I am just not going to eat it. I want this to work for me. going to work has to be the hardest because I work in a restaurant and its food constantly passing my face. But I'm.staying strong. I wish I could get my appetite suppressants already. I think I need them.
mscourtney210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 08:06 PM   #516
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dawnsch
Stats: 225/155/145
WOE: Medi/adkins/ideal Protein
Quote:
Originally Posted by mscourtney210 View Post
I would like to get to know some of you. Who is currently on MWL? What week? How many lbs lost? Does it get easier? Any tips for week 1?

Currently at Walgreens. Prescription getting filled. They are number one in prescriptions.
Welcome! I am on the program, I think I am almost done with week 9, down 39 lbs, typically doing 550-600 calories although today I did more, had to work 16 hours with open house at school and I went up to 800 which is the highest I have had in 9 weeks. I walk daily but now back to work, I am in a school district so this was easy to do in summer, but now back to work, much more difficult and not in a good routine yet with work! I find the program very easy to do, it's easy to cook and get your meals in. I like the medi bars, I treat myself to 1 a day. Week 1--most people will say it is tough, I really didn't think so, eat a lot of pickles and sugar-free jello, that helps. I have not been out of ketosis since day 4 and feel good. I did take the Appetite suppressant for the first 3 weeks and don't take it now. I am thinking with the increase work stress I may try that again. Dawn

Started July 2, 2014 at 220
Met Goal: March 2, 2015

dawnsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 08:08 PM   #517
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiebug66 View Post
So after complaining about how it is harder on the weekends for me and I do better at work, I've been home with a sick child ALL week. Totally stuck at home but I've done well. So that makes me happy. I am traveling this weekend and hope that I continue sticking with it!

spinning blue - what did you mix the shake with?

Dawn - your clinic seems so much stricter than mine!
yeah---it seems like that! have a good weekend!

Old 08-28-2014, 08:22 PM   #518
mrsprice
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mrsprice
Stats: 180/150/140 (5'6)
WOE: Medi weightloss
Start Date: August 2014
Quote:
Great job ms price, katie bugg, and just a mom. Any weight loss is going on the right direction.

Day one going well so far. Pre planning, cooking, and portioning my food is fun so I can. be ready To go each day. Not sure about cheese in week one. I am just not going to eat it. I want this to work for me. going to work has to be the hardest because I work in a restaurant and its food constantly passing my face. But I'm.staying strong. I wish I could get my appetite suppressants already. I think I need them.
Thanks girl! I took the AS for the first week for sure. Around my second week I stopped taking them as much b/c I wasn't really hungry anymore. I'm never hungry in the mornings anyways. So I usually take them around 12pm and 4pm because the cravings come out at NIGHT!!
mrsprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 01:58 AM   #519
mscourtney210
Senior LCF Member

I want the appetite suppressant. Gotta get some pickles and jello. I like them both a lot!
Old 08-29-2014, 06:17 AM   #520
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

the most I took the appetite suppressant was 2 x's a day usually at 8 and 2, if I took it later, I could not sleep and be up all night!

Old 08-29-2014, 06:41 AM   #521
mscourtney210
Senior LCF Member

Hopefully I get it today.

So I decided to check my ketones this morning to make sure I do it right when the time comes. This is the beginning of day two and I'm already in ketosis. I'm excited about it. It motivates me to keep going. You guys have been a complete help. I know what's in store for me this week and the support is great. I'm looking to lose 10lbs on week one.

Right now I'm eating breakfast. Canadian bacon is so low cal. 3 slices is 60calories.

How are you guys doing today?
Old 08-29-2014, 07:40 AM   #522
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

I'm off today after an exhausting 16 hour school day, I got up and ate my oatmeal (medi's product) you can have after first week, got ready for my walk and was into about 1/2 mile then came a massive downpour! so I walked back home drenched. Average weight loss for most medi client's is 6 lbs but it depends on start weight, I did 6 lbs first week but the week before I started I did 4.5 since I had to wait to get started etc. I have been strict on following it, not too hard for me and every other diet I have done I find myself cheating but don't desire it at this time. My husband is doing an adkins/Dr. Westman's diet along with me, he loss 35 lbs so far and is supportive. Glad you are doing well! I am down 3 sizes now and almost at 40, I should hit that any day but I think the work stress is effecting my loss. Dawn

Old 08-29-2014, 07:43 AM   #523
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motivated View Post
I'm realizing that one of the most difficult parts of weight loss is cooking for the kids without tasting. I made mac n cheese for the kids. I made the biggest mistake of tasting it. Smh...5 spoonfuls later I feel defeated.
I don't like cooking for my kids either! start over and begin again!

Old 08-29-2014, 08:13 AM   #524
nykhoel
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nykhoel
Stats: 311/264/175
WOE: Medi weight loss
Start Date: 7/21/14
Word of advice, do not set a specific number goal for loss each week!!! I'm considered morbidly obese and stuck to the plan exactly the first week. I was miserable since i was used to eating so many carbs before and rarely any meat. I was emotional and tired and felt sick. Weigh in came and I was down 3 lbs. I was so upset that my blood pressure was actually high. (It's typically on the low side). I had to have some revelations to realize I just wasn't the kind of person to drop 10lbs in one week. My wTer weight actually went up that first week. I did realize that I lost 6 lbs of fat that week which is incredible!
Just remember everyone is an individual. Although they give us all the same general plan the follow, our bodies and lives are different. If you're losing (either pounds or pants sizes) you're all doing great!
I'm on week 6. I've lost 18lbs with medi, I previously lost about 12 with weight watchers. Medi works much better and I'm feeling lighter and happier.ive definitely slipped a few times, but that's life.
Someone mentioned not having cheese... Those sharp cheddar cheese sticks are my savior for snacks! 60cals and totally satisfying. Also...your body is adjusting too big change the first week. My clinic advised me to do my normal walk in the evening as I've been doing, but don't add anything new until my body adjusts. I did get light headed and dizzy a few times that first week.
nykhoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 08:16 AM   #525
nykhoel
Senior LCF Member

Ps... Do you guys drink alcohol at all? I'm typically either a wine or mixed drink person. I decided I needed a drink last night and saved calories for it hash. 103 calories per shot of the rum I like. Wow. Anyway, one drink in (1.5 shots) and I felt it. I haven't been a "lightweight" in that sense for awhile! Hahaha anyway, thought I'd share that. Anyone drink and have a good cocktail idea for low cal/low carb?
Old 08-29-2014, 08:41 AM   #526
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nykhoel View Post
Word of advice, do not set a specific number goal for loss each week!!! I'm considered morbidly obese and stuck to the plan exactly the first week. I was miserable since i was used to eating so many carbs before and rarely any meat. I was emotional and tired and felt sick. Weigh in came and I was down 3 lbs. I was so upset that my blood pressure was actually high. (It's typically on the low side). I had to have some revelations to realize I just wasn't the kind of person to drop 10lbs in one week. My wTer weight actually went up that first week. I did realize that I lost 6 lbs of fat that week which is incredible!
Just remember everyone is an individual. Although they give us all the same general plan the follow, our bodies and lives are different. If you're losing (either pounds or pants sizes) you're all doing great!
I'm on week 6. I've lost 18lbs with medi, I previously lost about 12 with weight watchers. Medi works much better and I'm feeling lighter and happier.ive definitely slipped a few times, but that's life.
Someone mentioned not having cheese... Those sharp cheddar cheese sticks are my savior for snacks! 60cals and totally satisfying. Also...your body is adjusting too big change the first week. My clinic advised me to do my normal walk in the evening as I've been doing, but don't add anything new until my body adjusts. I did get light headed and dizzy a few times that first week.
Agree with that---as long as you try your best! it's all so individual isn't it. The first week I did not exercise at all!

Old 08-29-2014, 08:44 AM   #527
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

I have a cheese stick every day and love it, have to wait to week 2 though.

Old 08-29-2014, 09:03 AM   #528
Justamom
Junior LCF Member

Watermelon is what I crave! I love watermelon and want some so bad!

What appetite suppressant are you taking twice a day? A prescription or the stay slim? I was prescribed phentermine the first several weeks but just until my BMI dropped to a certain number. I really didn't take them much. I take adderall for ADHD so it is either 1 or the other but cannot take both.

I have family coming in from Texas today then we will meet the rest of our family(17 total) at the lake for the long weekend then Wednesday the hubby and I are leaving for the beach with friends through Sunday. This is why I am not losing weight! We are always on the go. Very hard to maintain a routine.
Old 08-29-2014, 09:17 AM   #529
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

I have done the prescription for awhile, then stopped because I did not need it, I really do not like taking it and probably not needed since I really was not hungry, now back to work, I think I might need to take it. I am thinking about the natural one and seeing if that would work. the prescription gives me a buzz if I take3. Some people online say the natural one works just as well. I guess it is worth a try. With ADHD meds you have to be careful. Have a nice holiday weekend tool

Old 08-29-2014, 09:19 AM   #530
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Ps... Do you guys drink alcohol at all? I'm typically either a wine or mixed drink person. I decided I needed a drink last night and saved calories for it hash. 103 calories per shot of the rum I like. Wow. Anyway, one drink in (1.5 shots) and I felt it. I haven't been a "lightweight" in that sense for awhile! Hahaha anyway, thought I'd share that. Anyone drink and have a good cocktail idea for low cal/low carb?
I could of used a few margaritas myself yesterday! I don't drink much but sparkling water with rum would work.

Old 08-29-2014, 09:50 AM   #531
nykhoel
Senior LCF Member

I was prescribed to take the appetite suppressants 3 times a day! I've not once taken the. 3 times a day. I say it averages to one every other day. It's the 1-4pm I need help getting through, where I used to snack too much! Although, I've never had to go to the pharmacy to fill, they just fill it at my center.

I've never tried the medi products, besides the vitamins and such. What foods do you guys think are worth the money? I'm curious to try them now that you guys have mentioned them
Old 08-29-2014, 10:49 AM   #532
spinningblue
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: spinningblue
Stats: 221/205.2/150
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 07/20/2014
Oh alcohol! I'm such a lightweight now!

Here's a great margarita recipe:
jigger (1.5 oz) tequila
•2 Tablespoons (1 oz) lime juice - bottled more convenient, fresh tastes a lot better
•1/4 cup (4 Tablespoons) water
•1/4 teaspoon orange extract
•1 Tablespoon's worth artificial sweetener (I like to use liquid, carb-free types)
•Ice - small handful
•Margarita salt or kosher salt

83 calories, 7 carbs
Old 08-29-2014, 12:04 PM   #533
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

[QUOTE=nykhoel;17021445]I was prescribed to take the appetite suppressants 3 times a day! I've not once taken the. 3 times a day. I say it averages to one every other day. It's the 1-4pm I need help getting through, where I used to snack too much! Although, I've never had to go to the pharmacy to fill, they just fill it at my center.

I've never tried the medi products, besides the vitamins and such.

I like the protein bars, especially the peanut butter ones. I also have the oatmeal, it is o.k. with lots of berries on it but I probably will not buy that again, I like the tomato soup, the shakes are o.k. but I can't say I love them.

Old 08-29-2014, 12:30 PM   #534
spinningblue
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: spinningblue
Stats: 221/205.2/150
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 07/20/2014
Have any of you guys ever tried the JUDDD diet? I'm just curious.....
Old 08-29-2014, 01:01 PM   #535
mscourtney210
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

I'm a big drinker but I don't want to drink alcohol in month 1. I'm a bartender so it's very hard to stay away from alcohol but I think I can do it. if I do choose to drink it would definitely be skinny girl vodka with club soda and a lemon squeeze. skinny girl vodka is only 75 calories per serving1.5 oz.but for now I do need to stay away from alcohol because I want to be successful. according to what I found online skinny girl vodka doesn't have any carbohydrates but I don't believe it.seems like the bed substitution for drinking.
Old 08-29-2014, 01:51 PM   #536
Justamom
Junior LCF Member

Vodka does not have carbs. There is a lot of hard liquors with no carbs...just not sure if it is certain brands but I know my clinic gave me a list before my first vacation. I remember seeing Rum, Tequila, Vodka had zero carbs. Try googling.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:45 PM   #537
mrsprice
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mrsprice
Stats: 180/150/140 (5'6)
WOE: Medi weightloss
Start Date: August 2014
So, when I went to get my b12 shot, I told the nurse that I was craving pizza. She told me that I could make my own using CARB BALANCE TORTILLAS.. Its only 6net carbs! I used Ragu pizza sauce, pepperoni, mozzarella cheese, and hot sauce. AMAZING! I really felt like I was eating a thin crust pizza. I am a very happy camper!
mrsprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 06:08 AM   #538
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsprice View Post
So, when I went to get my b12 shot, I told the nurse that I was craving pizza. She told me that I could make my own using CARB BALANCE TORTILLAS.. Its only 6net carbs! I used Ragu pizza sauce, pepperoni, mozzarella cheese, and hot sauce. AMAZING! I really felt like I was eating a thin crust pizza. I am a very happy camper!
hi--where would you get those at? those sound really good.

Old 08-30-2014, 07:09 AM   #539
mscourtney210
Senior LCF Member

Hey morning three. Still sticking with it. Each meal I get fuller. Hunger scale going up. Excited about still being in ketosis. Even though they told me no exercise week 1 I'm still gonna go for a 15-20 min walk by the water. Steak and egg whites for breakfast 113 cal. Finally off to get my prescription.

How is everyone doing? What did u have for breakfast?
Old 08-30-2014, 09:04 AM   #540
dawnsch
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hey morning three. Still sticking with it. Each meal I get fuller. Hunger scale going up. Excited about still being in ketosis. Even though they told me no exercise week 1 I'm still gonna go for a 15-20 min walk by the water. Steak and egg whites for breakfast 113 cal. Finally off to get my prescription.

How is everyone doing? What did u have for breakfast?
got up late so I ate a hamburger patty and cottage cheese! I am never really hungry any more!