Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2017, 06:46 AM   #2
Begete
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: Restart 2/16/14 171/157.4/130, 2/2/15 166.6/163.6
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Good morning. Have been up since 4 am tending to Red and Blue as I have slept almost non stop since we got home Sunday around 5:30 pm.

Got throat swab yesterday at Dr, then went right back to sleep. Feels like same flu i had before we left.
Old 11-14-2017, 12:03 PM   #3
Liblady
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Liblady
Stats: 110 lbs. 4'11
WOE: nothing definite
Start Date: May '11
Here's hoping you get the proper medications soon, Babette. At least you're home and the kitties are ok. Always good to get back home.

Quiet day here, Meals on Wheels is having their big thankyou banquet tonight which I'm going to, always nice plus usually good musical entertainment.

That's it from here. I'll just add it's another hot one.........mid to high 80s.
Liblady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 12:34 PM   #4
mykneesareback
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down
WOE: exercise and finger crossing
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
Babette, hope the doctor’s office help is on the ball checking out what is. Causing the sore throats, could it be mono? Dang it! How frustrating!

Ginny, I remember when you went to a banquet like that before, hope you enjoy it. Another warm spell, eh? We are in the low 70’s, working up to a record high Thurs and Friday of high 80’s, then a sudden cold spell. Flip flops in the morning and fuzzy slippers and heater at night. Nuts. How is your friend who can finally drive again doing, does she still have to see the doctor now and then?

Josh worked yesterday until 8:30 delivering mail, did that Friday, too. Lots of express packages and mail that had to be signed for. A lot of letters from the IRS. Most people didn’t answer the door, or someone answers but says the person moved away and they don’t know where they went....wink wink. After 3 attempts, that mail goes to the FBI. He has never seen so many packages in his whole life, but of course, he never worked for the post office before.

Working on clothing donations here, have shoes barely worn, don’t like them, etc. Donated towels to the animal shelter. Etc.

Hope everyone’s day is going ok.

Still biding my time.........
mykneesareback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 12:41 PM   #5
Loretta V
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Loretta V
Stats: 140/119/120
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: July 2001/ Low Carb Friends 9/2001
Busy so far. Took Toyota in for oil change and of course there were busy there also. Had several in and out stops, Walgreens, Kroger. Hope to get that out of the way before next week.
Have cookies to make this afternoon for sale at church since I did not get any "crafting" done.

Doris does all that work tire Josh out easily. FBI that is interesting. Good idea about donating those shoes.

Begete hope you get well soon. Glad the kittys are ok.

Ginny enjoy that dinner and entertainment. You should be treated after treating so many to those meals.

Maintaining 118/122 **** 15 YEARS
WHEREVER YOU ARE - BE ALL THERE!
BarbCO 4-15-2007
OLD WISE ONE
Jezzie 4-23-2012
Loretta V is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 12:55 PM   #6
Liblady
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Liblady
Stats: 110 lbs. 4'11
WOE: nothing definite
Start Date: May '11
Doris,my friend that fell found out she had heart trouble. She is now driving again but better than that she is leaving on a Mississippi River cruise tomorrow to New Orleans for 10 days. Then in February she is going to New Zealand/Australia. All this plus going with her fiancé who has had a small stroke, they are fearless in my opinion. She is also on oxygen every night. She met him on line and the number one thing for both was travel. They've been a couple for just about 10 years. Live apart........about 50 miles from each other.

Well that question obviously woke me up!!!
Liblady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 01:42 PM   #7
mykneesareback
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down
WOE: exercise and finger crossing
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
Wow, I must say, they believe in keeping going, no matter what. I guess she and he have meds though. Maybe that’s better for them, travel companions. My mother always told us to not wait to travel. Do you know if they carry trip insurance? I’m glad we did, that is a worry of course. I used to want to go on a Mississippi River cruise ever since we rode on Mark Twain at Disneyland, lol! I’m happy to hear about any senior person traveling.. Hope they have fun. How is that chick you work with sometimes at the hospital doing? Darn, you live too far to come for supper and yak, lol!

Loretta, Josh gets worn out easily from all the work and hours out and about, he does see his doctor regularly. Never knew how chemo can really mess a person up forever like that. Thanks for asking..

Still biding my time.........

Last edited by mykneesareback; 11-14-2017 at 01:44 PM..
mykneesareback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 04:39 PM   #8
ocali
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
Just got back from Chinese restaurant with the park singles club. We had a nice turnout. Everyone likes Chinese food. Tomorrow I'm going to a lunch at one of the clubhouses. It's just a casual lunch catered by one of the nice restaurants locally for $5.00! Can't beat that. Then, Thursday I'm supposed to go with the Diners Club for dinner at a really nice Latin restaurant. Why does everything come during the same week, huh?

Michelle and Loretta, I'm more than half way through with The Orphan Train. Some sad episodes but otherwise interesting.
Old 11-14-2017, 05:01 PM   #9
SuSUN
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/142/125 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LCF 02/2002
Just rolling in late again to read all your posts.

Doris, Yes, interesting about that mail going to the FBI. The IRS want their money huh?
Yes chemo and radiation cause much fatigue for months after. I feel for poor Josh trying hard to work. His strength will come back in small spurts, takes time and different in different folks.

Loretta, Sounds like you are getting organized with the car maintenance and stocked up with some bargains. If something is a good sale price I stock up and buy several at a time. It saves having to go out again and pick things up, especially in the cold weather.

Julie, sounds like you are having a ball with all the dinner invitations. Enjoy!

Welcome back home Babette. I hope that throat settles down soon. Can you suck zinc lozenges? Zinc is very healing to those tender tissues. The old gargling with tepid salt water helps too. I am sure you have tried everything under the sun. Rest up now seems you are lacking sleep for sure.

Ginny, Bravo on the MOW appreciation evening. You deserve it. Enjoy!

Thinking of You Michele.