Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > South Beach Diet
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 04-21-2017, 06:18 AM   #271
wiz
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wiz
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Hello all!

Sorry to be MIA...it was a crazy work week. And this coming week will be even worse, I fly to San Francisco on Sunday night for work, fly to Los Angeles on Monday night and then fly home to NJ on Thursday night. Weeks like that = eating on the run And typically not enough time for exercise, although I will definitely bring my sneakers. sigh.

In any case, this week's eating and exercise has been pretty good. My weigh-in this morning was okay - down 1/2 lb. I indulged a bit on Easter, and the scale showed it. But I got that indulgence off, plus the additional half lb. So not bad, all in all.

Heading to the Asbury Park Music Festival tonight - seeing Mike and the Mechanics (Mike Rutherford of Genesis and his solo band.) The festival raises money for some local NJ charities. Should be a fun night!

Penny, glad to hear the surgery went well and you are making good progress.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!! TGIF
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2017, 01:39 PM   #272
rosiebluebird
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: rosiebluebird
Stats: 225/212.5/healthy
Start Date: 3-28-16/4-1-17
Happy Friday Everyone,
Glad to hear from you Wiz. Congrats on the 1/2 lb loss. The music festival sounds like fun, hope the weather holds up for you.

Pretty good eating yesterday and today, although I need to get more veggies in. The price of Romaine hearts has increased dramatically here and they have gotten harder to find. Sign at the grocery store said it had to do with the heavy rains in California. I'm missing my salads and lettuce wraps.

Official weigh day tomorrow. Not sure that the scale has moved at all, but I am moving more so that may be affecting it. Walked 15 min again yesterday and did 15 min on my
Simply Fit Board today as the weather in the northeast is kind of yucky.

Have a great weekend,
Rosie
rosiebluebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 04:19 PM   #273
gailbayne
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gailbayne
Stats: 248/226/150
Start Date: 05/18/2013 restart 1/14/2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharss View Post

Just a quick post to respond to Gail. Thanks for answering all my questions, Gail. I think it's neat your niece's husband works well with the other doctors instead of just taking over. I've read of cases with that back laser surgery where if there is a problem, the regular medical doctor won't help the patient since the patient went to the laser surgery first.

The fact that your knee is holding up better sure is a good sign and progress. Just be careful to not overdo it!

Continued good luck and take care!
Interestingly, both the orthopedic surgeon and my family doctor are very interested in the stem cell treatment. They have both said they are going to follow my progress closely. Stem cell treatment is relatively new, so I think they are reserving their judgement. But they both said it may well be the answer. Time will tell.

I will not let Grief and Loss rule my life. It is time for me to take charge!! This is for ME!!
gailbayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 10:56 PM   #274
Sharss
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sharss
Stats: 144/135/125 5'6 1/2" 75yr
WOE: SBD -> JUDDD
Start Date: 5/16/17
Hi Everybody!

Thoght I'd just drop in and say hi. Nothing new. Tomorrow is the end of my Phase 1. I went grocery shopping and basically will be following SBD probably 70-80%. I haven't worried about weighing because like Rosie, I'm moving more so that will have an effect.

Rosie...I do believe doing the 15 minute 1 Mile Walk helps us to even improve more.

I'm so happy because I did two miles today. Oh, there was a pause during Mile 1, but I did get through Mile 2 without a pause. Most likely because a pause before starting Mile 2. Took me 36 minutes to get through a 28 minute program. I'm pleased. I haven't mentioned it here, but I have lung damage from breathing in bug spray, a cheaper product than the popular one, Nov. of 2013. Have gone downhill because when one can't breathe, one has the tendency to take it easier which is the worse thing to do. Anyway started on Expand-A-Lung 26 days ago and it sure has helped. Found it by accident on YouTube: ZHealthPerformance

He's a doctor. I do believe sometimes the Almighty leads us.

Good luck to everyone. Sounds like we're all on a slower path, but that's great as we're getting healthier and healthier while mostly eating healthy.

Poor wiz! What a schedule!
Old 04-24-2017, 08:06 PM   #275
rosiebluebird
Junior LCF Member

Hi All,
Saturday was weigh in day and I'm down 1 more lb. Going to slowly move on to Phase 2. Definitely need to re-read that part of the book and then make a trip to the grocery store. Had a multigrain sandwich round with deli chicken and zucchini slices for lunch. What has everyone else started with when they moved to Phase 2?

Sharon, You doubled your walk, that's great progress. You really sound determined to improve. I've done my 15 min every day except only squeezed in 10 today, but made up for it with two sprints from the soccer field to the car. We have inspired my daughter to wear her pedometer again, she is keeping track of how many steps she takes each day.

Hope everyone is having a good week.
Rosie
Old 04-25-2017, 06:11 PM   #276
Sharss
Senior LCF Member

Hi Everyone!

Rosie...Congratulations on your 1 lb loss! Another Congratulations in keeping to your daily walk. I had to smile at your sprinting twice from the soccer field! I'll tell ya, count your blessings you can do that! Don't want to lose that! That's wonderful your daughter has been inspired by you!

I should clarify that when I do my Leslie Sansone Walks, mine is very modified. No way - yet - I can do the intensity she does, but I do think I'll be working up to that. When I can do the 2 Mile within her time, then I will start doing more during the walk. ie. Arm action and power walking.

Actually my Phase 2 meals won't be that different than Phase 1 except I will be eating more bread. I have a turkey roast in the oven that I've been saving for Phase 2 so I can enjoy turkey sandwiches. Now that's over and beyond what Phase 2 calls for, this is why I stated I'd be following SBD 70-80%. OTOH, I don't find SBD restrictive at all. I'm mainly eating healthier in following it like eating vegetables that I normally don't eat. I hate vegetables except very few like tomatoes and green beans.

Take care and Happy Wednesday tomorrow.
Old 04-28-2017, 06:48 PM   #277
rosiebluebird
Junior LCF Member

Happy Friday,
Wiz, I hope you survived your crazy week.
Gailbayne, I hope your recovery is continuing smoothly.
Sharon, Any avtivity you are doing is more than you were doing before you started. You inspired me to get moving too.

I was off my routine this week with family staying with us from out of town. I did manage 15 min of walking every day except for Wed. Took a nap instead, but I knew I needed it. Eating went a little sideways too. Ate out a couple of meals and it was too hard to resist the homemade mac'n'cheese. I will be freezing those leftovers in single servings and feeding them to DH. Curious what the scale says tomorrow . . .
Hope everyone has a great weekend,
Rosie
Old 04-29-2017, 11:11 AM   #278
gailbayne
Senior LCF Member

Hi All - I am progressing quite nicely. It's been almost 3 weeks since the surgery, and I do see improvement. I started my rehab again yesterday morning. Let me just say OUCH!! I was bemoaning all the results that I had achieved and thought I'd lost from before. Therapist said no, It would all come back. I think she's right, since I wasn't nearly as sore this morning as I thought I'd be.

As far as the weight loss, I have gained about 4 pounds since the surgery. I need to put my mind back into the game, now. I accomplished too much to let it all slide. Time to buckle down!

I will not let Grief and Loss rule my life. It is time for me to take charge!! This is for ME!!
Old 05-01-2017, 03:47 PM   #279
Sharss
Senior LCF Member

Good Afternoon Everyone!

Hope this Monday is finding everyone in a positive state no matter what hills we are climbing!

Gail... So glad you're posting and glad to hear you're improving! Yes, hopefully you've gotten back on track as far as eating. You probably expected some weight gain with surgery and recuperating.

Rosie...Having family or anyone staying over is enough to throw us off our goal. Who can resist mac N cheese! Smart to take a rest when needed. Same thing happened to me.

As far as me, I've accomplished very little. Last Thursday my weight went up which was disgusting. However, I did realize I had been in poor physical shape before exercising so kind of expected regarding my weight loss. Also remembered how it's said seniors take more time healing after exercising.

So on Friday I did not exercise and when I weighted Sat. morning I had dropped 2 lbs. Now back to gaining since doing 1 Mile both on Saturday and Sunday. I plan on sticking to just 1 Mile/day with one day rest plus hopefully getting some yoga in. I didn't like seeing that big fat 0 on my Challenge Calendar, but got to do what we got to do!

Someone on Leslie's FB page was stating how she stayed 1 Mile for 2 weeks, then went up to 2 Miles, etc. Took her 3 months to get to where she is today (3-5 Miles).

As far as eating, maybe I'm eating too much. I have some meals already (leftovers) on hand, but later in the week I'm going to do a day or two of real low calorie eating hoping that will balance out between exercising and losing weight. haha

I'm looking forward to this coming week! Challenges galore! Take care all!
Old 05-02-2017, 07:59 AM   #280
gailbayne
Senior LCF Member

As a result of the 4 pound gain through surgery, I only lost 2.5 total for the month of April. Pretty poor. I guess I should be grateful I didn't gain. I am SUPER sore today after rehab yesterday. I am taking it easy today! Ice packs and hot tea.

Has anyone tried the cauliflower rice in the frozen foods section? We had the one with added peas and carrots. It is delicious as a stir fry. We couldn't tell it wasn't rice. Since I really miss my rice, I bought several bags. Having stewed beef and onions over "rice" tonight for dinner.

Old 05-13-2017, 07:09 PM   #281
rosiebluebird
Junior LCF Member

Hope everyone is doing well,
I am going to get on the scale on Monday and probably do phase 1 for a couple of days. Too many carbs have been creeping back on the plate and I have been dragging lately.
Happy Mother's Day to those that celebrate.
Rosie
Old 05-15-2017, 01:44 PM   #282
Sharss
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosiebluebird View Post
Hope everyone is doing well,
I am going to get on the scale on Monday and probably do phase 1 for a couple of days. Too many carbs have been creeping back on the plate and I have been dragging lately.
Happy Mother's Day to those that celebrate.
Rosie
Hey Rosie...Hang in there!

For me, I'm sliding over to the JUDDD Plan starting tomorrow. I can still use SBD while doing the JUDDD plan. I looked into it a few years ago, but thought I could never do the DDs. But now I have some of their food ideas copied (and shopped for) I'm ready to tackle JUDDD.

I was either eating too much or exercise was having such an effect on my weight loss during my time on just the SBD. Plus I have to admit the JUDDD forum have so many people participating that it makes it more fun. It's kind of dead here although you've made it more fun by your contributions.