Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Vegetarian
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 01-12-2017, 12:04 PM   #631
Nigel
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Nigel
Yeah, I am bad about buying things and forgetting about them.
That's why I kept them in the spare fridge.
I have other things I bought for a specific recipe and then I never got around to making it, so now I don't know why I bought the items.
It drives my wife crazy.

I am trying to do better this year and trying to use things up or at least try using them in some recipe.

I also have some Chicken Not from Dixie foods. Years ago, I tried their vegetarian products and didn't know what I was doing so that didn't work out very well for me or else they really were terrible. I figured I would give them another try.

I forget about things...out of sight...out of mind. I found some vegan jerky the other day that I had gotten from jet just out of curiosity....I think I'll try some of that this week. At least I only got 3 pieces of it.

My wife threatened to toss anything that I haven't used by the end of the year. lol She probably won't, but my stuff is getting in her pantry space.

We are working on using up stuff in the freezers and stuff that I didn't recall having...I guess that would be our 2017 resolution...to use stuff up.
We both buy too much so we have put ourselves on a stricter budget.
Keep your finners crossed for us.
Nigel is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2017, 01:21 PM   #632
Nigel
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Today's Breakfast

For breakfast today, I had 2 eggs worth of egg beaters with hot sauce on them.
I found some kind of vegetarian sausage patties in the freezer, so I cooked up a couple of those with some jalapeno jack cheese on top.

It made a filling breakfast today. Some days I eat a lot of breakfast and some days, I don't eat much.

I generally eat MSF sausage patties with egg beaters but I couldn't find any in the freezer, so I thought I'd use up the other ones. They were okay, but not as good as MSF.

I always add my own sausage seasoning to the patties. I use the Jimmy Dean recipe sans the garlic. I also add in this 7 pepper blend that I got at Sam's. The seasoning helps a lot.
Old 01-12-2017, 04:22 PM   #633
jem51
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jem51
Stats: oh so happy at 120
WOE: Mine, all mine
Start Date: controlled carb '97-98
Since we've downsized, there's no room for excess. We also got rid of our freezers so now only have the on atop the fridge.
We would actually like a counter top height front opening freezer but they are harder to come by. Home Depot had them as a special last July4 but I missed them...

Right now we are okay but come blackberry season all that will change.

At Costco we get canned dog food, tomatoes, chickpeas and they take up some space but the tomatoes get used up in 2-3 weeks an the chickpeas go pretty quickly.
The dog food lives under a free standing drawer bank.

There is no longer a place where things can get lost so we tend to use stuff up BUT we live near all the great stores so it is easy to just stop and get a few things at a time.
Old 01-13-2017, 12:19 PM   #634
Nigel
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It's great that you live near all the good stores. I wish I had some closer to me, but I used to live in San Antonio and I sure don't want to live there now. I don't miss the traffic and the highway system.

Last night I made butler soy curls into fajitas and had them on low carb tortillas. The tortillas don't hold much cuz I could only find the small ones, so I made a salad with avocado, lettuce, tomato, and lime juice.

I can generally get the larger tortillas for 2 carbs more, but the tortillas seem twice as big. These I got seem particularly small. Must have been a lousy batch. They tasted okay though.

For the soy curls, I used yellow, orange, and green bell peppers and half an onion, some green chile powder and a pack of old el paso taco seasoning. I think I should have used two. I decided to cook up the rest of the package from the other day. So I got a meal for last night and I picked out some soy curls and froze them for a stir fry meal and I froze enough fajitas for another meal too. We will see how they fare in the freezer.
I will post after trying them again.

For my thinking, I can get 4 meals out of a bag of soy curls. That's some cheap meat. I think I should order the 50lb box and freeze them. I have to debate on that one for a while.
Old 01-13-2017, 03:08 PM   #635
jem51
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jem51
Stats: oh so happy at 120
WOE: Mine, all mine
Start Date: controlled carb '97-98
50# is a lot especially since they weigh almost nothing. How 'bout the 12# box.
I stocked up on them from the bulk bin while in OR and intend to again every time I pass through.

Cheap meat, for sure.