Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > South Beach Diet
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 11-02-2016, 08:47 PM   #211
rosiebluebird
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: rosiebluebird
Stats: 225/213/healthy
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 3-28-16/11-2-16
Hello, I'm new to this forum, but found you back in July while looking for more on the South Beach Diet. You are all very motivating and I'm needing to get back on track again. I started SB in March, lost 15 lbs and was feeling great. Sept handed me about 3 lbs and Oct 3 more. I've started again this week and I'm hoping to be part of your group.
rosiebluebird is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2016, 10:50 AM   #212
wiz
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wiz
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Welcome Rosie!!

Personally, I think it is a good time for a re-start as opposed to waiting unitl after the holiday season. Inevitably, we all start over-eating even more to compensate for the upcoming "start of the diet." Better to bite the bullet now, even if you just maintain - that is a win!

2016 Running Miles: 161 ( No more running for me...due to Arthritis)
2016 Walking Miles: 521
2016 Biking Miles: 746
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 12:25 PM   #213
Gingerlatte
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Gingerlatte
Newbie here 🤗

Hello everyone! I'm just starting off with SBD and somehow I thought I'd have a little more guidance. Eat until your full is kind of scary 😂 Anyway, looking forward to meeting nice people and getting some great recipes!
Gingerlatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 07:52 PM   #214
rosiebluebird
Junior LCF Member

Thanks Wiz.
I figure any day is a good day to restart. And feeling healthier through the holidays will be a bonus. Tomorrow I need to find a few more grab and go snacks. I forgot how much easier this can be when you plan ahead a little.
Old 11-03-2016, 08:57 PM   #215
Tina-Marie
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Tina-Marie
Stats: -63 lbs so far
WOE: SB mostly
Start Date: March 9, 2016
Hi Rosie, Ginger. Welcome to our little corner.

Rosie, I agree that it is nice having things ready to go. I keep carrots and other cut up veggies in little ziplock bags that I make up every week.

Ginger, this is a great place for recipes and ideas. Wiz and Sharon always have something good cooking up. I love to find low carb recipes on Pinterest.

Wiz, I am sorry about the gain. Arthritis really sucks. Can you do more biking or something to replace the running?
It has been busy here. I have been working on two baby dresses for my great nieces for xmas. I am in the middle of the second one. I have also been out hunting with my son. A little bit of walking but mostly riding in the car. I weighed in this week and I am down another 2 lbs. for a grand total of 57lbs lost.

Funny thing is that when I have to caring in stuff from the car, like groceries. It is so difficult to carry. I know they don't weigh 50 lbs. It is amazing I was carrying that around everyday. No wonder I was so miserable.
Tina-Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 07:55 AM   #216
wiz
Senior LCF Member

Welcome Ginger!!

Quick check-in today...work is overwhelming for me this week. UGH!!

I am definitely on my Fall soups and stews regimen. Last night I made pork stew in the crockpot, very delicious! And of course, I love having the leftovers.

If I get a chance over the weekend, I will post both the chicken sausage chili and the pork stew recipes.

Tina-Marie: congrats on your loss!!

TGIF!!!

Old 11-05-2016, 02:00 PM   #217
rosiebluebird
Junior LCF Member

Hi Tina-Marie,
That's exactly what I am going to do. I just realized that whatever I don't eat that day I can throw in my salad at dinner. No more excuse of "if I don't eat them they will go bad". Don't know why I never thought of that earlier.

A previous weight loss plan used to have us donate food, during the holidays, in the amount of pounds we lost. It was always an eye opener as to how much excess we had been carrying around. And a good motivator too keep it off.

Wiz,
Those both sound delicious. Have to go puree my cauliflower soup for lunches next week.

Everyone keep up the good work.
Old 11-06-2016, 04:59 PM   #218
Tina-Marie
Major LCF Poster!

That is a good idea about donating in the amount you have lost. I make up my veggies a couple days at a time. I take them in my lunch too. I use them in a stir fry too with chicken or some sort of protein.

This weekend started out good. Went to Texas Road House on Friday and stayed away from the rolls. I brought half of the meal home and ate it for brunch yesterday. Then I started getting a migraine and this morning succumbed to the extra rolls my daughter brought home. They were handy and my head hurt so bad I didn't want to deal with figuring out something else. I did make a healthy dinner. A breakfast scramble with tons of veggies, turkey sausage and eggs. I tried some sliced up sweet potato in it but not sure if I liked it or not. I picked them out and ate them separately.

Wiz: can't wait for the recipe for your chili.

My journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...d.php?t=880991

To lose weight permanently requires faith - faith there is a bigger life waiting for you beyond food and weight. ~ Catherine L. Taylor
Old 11-07-2016, 12:28 PM   #219
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: PACarolsue
Stats: 217/204/? 5'4"
WOE: reduced carb, IF,IE
Start Date: Restart 1/1/17
Rosiebluebird, I am interested in your recipe for cauliflower soup. I did a search but couldn't find any posted in the recipe thread.

Thanks!

If I had started a year ago I would be at goal today.

No one ever leaves the gym regretting the choice to workout.
PACarolsue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 08:07 PM   #220
rosiebluebird
Junior LCF Member

Hi Carol,
I'm sorry, but I don’t have a recipe with specific amounts.
I saute onion, garlic and celery in a little olive oil in a soup pot.
Next add cut up cauliflower and chicken broth and simmer until tender.
Then I puree it in batches in the blender adding milk if more liquid is needed.
Also salt and pepper to taste.
I usually reheat a bowlfull in the microwave. Sometimes I will add cheese or cooked meat or cooked veggies when I reheat.
There is a recipe in The South Beach Diet Supercharged book, or search the internet for "south beach cauliflower soup"
Hope this helps.

Rosie
Old 11-09-2016, 08:08 AM   #221
wiz
Senior LCF Member

Hello all!

I got through the weekend with zero gain, but was away on business the last two days - which means a lot of eating out. I didn't get on the scale this morning, I am giving myself a day of clean eating at home!

Tina-Marie: LOVE your new pic!!

I owe you the chili. I have the recipe sitting next to my laptop, just need to find time to type it out. sigh...

Gotta run, crazy work day.

Old 11-10-2016, 11:07 AM   #222
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: PACarolsue
Stats: 217/204/? 5'4"
WOE: reduced carb, IF,IE
Start Date: Restart 1/1/17
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosiebluebird View Post
Hi Carol,
I'm sorry, but I don’t have a recipe with specific amounts.
I saute onion, garlic and celery in a little olive oil in a soup pot.
Next add cut up cauliflower and chicken broth and simmer until tender.
Then I puree it in batches in the blender adding milk if more liquid is needed.
Also salt and pepper to taste.
I usually reheat a bowlfull in the microwave. Sometimes I will add cheese or cooked meat or cooked veggies when I reheat.
There is a recipe in The South Beach Diet Supercharged book, or search the internet for "south beach cauliflower soup"
Hope this helps.

Rosie
Thanks, Rosie. I was mostly interested in hearing that you make it without flour added. Most recipes I see include flour, and even though it's not much, I would prefer to omit it. The cheese would probably thicken it. I think I am going to tweak one of the online recipes I saw and try to make it in a smaller quantity, since I doubt if DH will try it.

If I had started a year ago I would be at goal today.

No one ever leaves the gym regretting the choice to workout.
PACarolsue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 09:38 PM   #223
rosiebluebird
Junior LCF Member

Hi Carol,
The less liquid you add the thicker it will be, but if you don't add enough, it won't puree. I usually make a pot full and then freeze it in individual portions. No one else in this house will eat it.

Tina-Marie,
Thanks for the tip about packing up veggies. That has saved me several times this week. I'm hoping it shows on the scale too. Good job getting back on track after the rolls.

Everyone have a good Friday.
Old 11-12-2016, 12:19 AM   #224
Sharss
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sharss
Stats: 5'6 1/2" 74yr 144/135/130/125
Start Date: 10/1/16
Glad to see everyone is doing so well! I'm kind of in a dump attitude so staying away, but am reading all your posts. Someday I'll get back on the ball.

Old 11-12-2016, 07:37 AM   #225
Tina-Marie
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Sharon, It is good to see you. Sometimes coming in and posting can help the the attitude. I know that when I am struggling, posting and encouraging others and getting their support can help get my focus back. When you are ready, we are here.

Hi Carlsue! I found some great cauliflower soup recipes on Pinterest. There was a basic one and one with bacon That is the one I want to try.

Wiz - I am hoping the scale is kind to you. Trying to stay on plan while traveling is so hard.

Rosie: I am glad the veggie bags help. My coworkers joke about my rabbit food.

This week has been good. Stayed on plan for most of it. Taco Tuesday does me in. But it is my one splurge that I enjoy. I try to justify that the corn is a whole grain... but nope. Everytime I read the book, it is not on the list. I am ok with that.

Toodles again my friends. I hope you have a blessed week.

To lose weight permanently requires faith - faith there is a bigger life waiting for you beyond food and weight. ~ Catherine L. Taylor
Old 11-12-2016, 08:51 AM   #226
rosiebluebird
Junior LCF Member

The scale was down 3 lbs yesterday morning. Woo Hoo! Spent the day with my daughter at the Vanderbilt Museum. Lots of walking, packed healthy lunch and snacks, and stayed on track.

Sharon, Tina-Marie is right, reading and posting can help get and keep you motivated. It is sure helping me.

Tina-Marie, Are you having tacos at home? Have you tried a romaine leaf for the shell? Maybe find a whole grain tortilla chip you could put inside for the crunch and flavor? Just a thought.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.
Old 12-01-2016, 07:35 PM   #227
Tina-Marie
Major LCF Poster!

Just stopping in to say howdy. It has been a busy couple of weeks and I have had a hard time keeping up in my journal and I haven't gotten to this thread. It looks like everyone is a bit busy.

Yeah I have had the taco's many different ways. There is a taco truck that we love to visit. I just get the shredded beef with lettuce and cheese. I love them and they are on tiny tortilla's. So I allow them in my diet every couple of weeks. It is my one splurge. I am pretty strict on everything else.

I will probably be absent a lot over the next few weeks. I have so many holiday projects going. I have set a goal to lose 5 lbs by xmas. Wish me luck.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Old 12-26-2016, 01:11 PM   #228
Maral427
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Maral427
restarting phase one today!! doing good so far!!! my goal for the next 14 days is to follow plan and do a minimum of thirty minutes of exercise everyday! wish me luck
Maral427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 06:43 PM   #229
Tina-Marie
Major LCF Poster!

I will be restarting with phase one again on the 2nd. I am on vacation till then.

Good luck Maral on your restart. You have a great plan for the new start.

Old 12-28-2016, 05:53 PM   #230
turtlegirl
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: turtlegirl
new

i'm new to the SBD--it's been week one. so far so good. cravings seem to be gone for now. looking for support and wisdom--any assistance. tired of dieting and worrying about food. the SBD seems balanced and easy to follow and can continue for a lifetime.

looking forward to feeling better and losing some pounds on the way.

thanks.
turtlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 09:46 AM   #231
Maral427
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Maral427
to everyone who is new to this thread!!! I am a newbie as well.

yesterday was a difficult day for me. I was craving carbs like crazy. I did manage to stay on program . i did a walking class at work yesterday as we have a fitness center here. I think for the next 10 days I am going to post here everything I eat and post my exercise. it just keeps me more accountable and less apt to cheat. I had breakfast, and snack1, so far.
heres my day!

breakfast: breakfast bake (egg whites and eggs, spinach, onion, cauliflower, and low fat cheese, v8 juice.

snack: peanuts

lunch: turkey breast wrapped around string cheese and romaine lettuce (2)

snack: hard boiled egg, sf jello

dinner: taco salad using romaine lettuce, lean ground turkey, homemade taco seasoning mix, low fat cheddar, low fat sour cream

evening treat: low fat ricotta with splenda, almond extract

exercise: will update later.
Maral427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 12:52 PM   #232
Tina-Marie
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome to the beach turtlegirl. I agree that the SBD does seem to have a balance of healthy eating that can be a permanent WOE.

Maria, you menu looks wonderful.

I was off plan all last week as I was on vacation and had family here all week. I decided to enjoy some of the holiday foods and not stress about it too much. I have to learn that it is ok to do this and then get right back to my normal WOE. I am trying to change my brains thinking about food. Instead of the diet and losing weigh being the "special WOE" and holidays or special occasions being the "normal"... I am switching it around. If that makes sense.

Happy New Year everyone.

Old 01-14-2017, 11:08 AM   #233
gailbayne
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gailbayne
Stats: 251/234/150
Start Date: 05/18/2013 restart 1/14/2017
Hi Everybody - Penny here. It's been quite a while since I've been here. Life happens, etc. Unfortunately I have gained ALL the weight back! I am starting over from scratch. It's been over 2 years since I lost my husband, Jake, so I can't use that as an excuse anymore. I am experiencing quite a bit of pain in my right knee, so getting around is challenging. I had an x-ray and MRI last week, so I will be finding out the results Wednesday. I know the weight is an issue, so I am back. Wish me luck!

I will not let Grief and Loss rule my life. It is time for me to take charge!! This is for ME!!

Last edited by gailbayne; 01-14-2017 at 11:14 AM..
gailbayne is offline   Reply With Quote