Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 02-15-2017, 06:17 PM   #361
Janilyn
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Janilyn
Stats: 157/145/138
Start Date: September 20, 2016
Just dropping in to say hi and then going to bed.

I worked day shift today, 7:00-4:30.
15,371 steps, 5.7 miles. It was quite a busy day at work!!

I will catch up with everyone tomorrow.

Last edited by Janilyn; 02-15-2017 at 06:22 PM..
Janilyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2017, 06:52 PM   #362
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: PACarolsue
Stats: 217/201/? 5'2"
WOE: Whatever Works
Start Date: Tomorrow
Wow Jan, I'll say you were busy! You should sleep well tonight.

Michelle, I like your tulip ticker! Is that new? I don't remember seeing it before, or maybe I am just not too observant. I always have to do quality control when I bake. Never heard it called that before...I'll have to remember that. LOL Tomorrow I'm baking a big heart shaped brownie for my Grandson, who I will be seeing on Saturday. I will have to bake something for DH too or he will get jealous. I think he will get lemon meringue pie.

"The first step to solving a problem is to admit that one exists."
Dr Jason Fung
PACarolsue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 09:32 PM   #363
ladyboss7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 217 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: starting over AGAIN
Hi everyone!

Welcome Davis! this is a great group to hang out with!

Michelle, 1/2 of a cupcake??? That took discipline, I'd have eaten the whole darn thing!!! they sound super tasty!!

Jeanne, that soup sounds really good.....I'll have to try that!

Going2, good for you!!! It can be really challenging to let go of some behaviors, but good for you recognizing it and letting go!

Carol, you make such a good point that our challenge is truly is with ourselves, and I agree.....I'm here for to friendships and tips as well.....it's nice to be able to share this journey with others who truly understand and care.

Jan, you are busy!!!! That's a lot of walking....well done!

Kal, good job on the loss!!!

Betsie, it's almost time to garden!!!! We're going to plant one this spring.....I haven't had a vegetable garden in years....I'm pretty excited!

Oh my I've been super busy at work! Still eating on plan, had a little wine last night celebrating our anniversary....but not too much. I'm pretty exhausted tonight, going to hit the hay....sleep well and have a good day!!!

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

231 225 215 210 200 195 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
ladyboss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 04:56 AM   #364
Going2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Going2
Stats: 223/205(166)/150 5'8"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2003
Jan - That is some serious mileage! Betcha you were super tired but feeling good about the workout.

Tammy - Happy belated anniversary!

Davisdanes - You can see we're all doing our own thing, only parameter is that we set whatever our [flexible] goals are to be met by April 3.

OMG, all you bakers have my mouth watering! Sweets are an occasional treat around here and, for the most part, I don't have a sweet tooth, but every now and then ... must.have.sweets! Luckily, only SF or LC stuff in the house.

Thanks for all the support with my "confessions." I got my rear back on the treadmill yesterday too after a few weeks off. Am also trying 16:8 intermittent fasting as a jump start, not sure I'll be able to be consistent with it. I also made an ACV (apple cider vinegar) drink to sip on later in the day to get past dinner hunger; my IF schedule is 3p-7a.

Speaking of confessions, I did stress-eat an ENTIRE pizza for lunch, was the Dr. Oetker Virtuoso spinach one with a super thin crust that clocks in for a total of 870 cals/84 carbs, so not crazy bad, just regular bad, heh heh.

Feeling stronger today, tho'!
Going2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 05:22 AM   #365
kal
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kal
Stats: 5'6" 233/180/148-155
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: Restart 11/11/2015
TOM over. And l was up all night peeing. So think I may have had a whoosh but have awhile till next weigh in. So I'm hoping. I rarely get them but felt like it. So it would be really nice.
Goal Weight: 145

Goals:
185 : No longer obese.
180 : Mani/pedi
170 : Receive passport
160 : Sephora makeup
150 : TBD
140 : TBD
kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 08:59 AM   #366
jbatchelor
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/187.5/148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
hello girls

Jan-you are a walking exercise--You don't really need to add anything else to the mix with that much walking!! I need to get out there and walk since we are going to have beautiful weather for awhile..

Kal--I am hoping you get your whoosh--share that whoosh fairy please

going2--that pizza didn't throw you off too much I am sure--the thing that is really impressive is that you didn't continue to eat off plan--whenever I blow it I feel that I might as well do it up right and I start grazing with everything I can find to eat-I have got to stay on plan--I am no day 3 right now

I am headed to lunch with a friend today--Mexican---I usually gain after Mexican but I love it so...

hello to everyone else--I need to start getting ready

Jeanne

ďItís in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped.Ē ~Anthony Robbins

Each decision that you make indicates what you think you are worth~
~~A Course in Miracles~~
jbatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 05:55 PM   #367
Going2
Senior LCF Member

Walked 2.5 miles this morning doing an easy 3 MPH on the treadmill while watching a TV show.

We are going to dinner with friends at a Japanese steakhouse tomorrow and I love being able to plan ahead by viewing the online menu, same for a dinner coming up Monday.

I was able to skip dinner the past 2 nights sipping the ACV drink but tonight is, well, Friday. No matter, just need to build upon the little successes.

Prayers for safety to anyone on the west coast receiving the crazy rainstorms.
Old 02-18-2017, 11:02 AM   #368
ladyboss7
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everyone happy weekend!

Going2, that pizza sounds yummy!! And I totally know what you mean about de-stressing....wh does food have such an effect??? And wine....the couple of nights I've been eating on plan just fine.....but I've had wine with dinner.....I hat over wine and find it tends to be my de-stressor....but it's not helping with my weight loss!!

Kal, did you get your whoosh??

Jeanne, I love Mexican food....especially good tamales.....so hard to go to a Mexican restaurant and not cheat!!! How'd you do??

Well kids, work has kept me so busy I've barely had Time to breath.....but I'm certainly not bored these days!! Still acting fine, just need to watch the wine. I don't drink much, anything more than a glass or two messes with my sleep....but still that glass or two has carbs that I just don't need!!!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!!!

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

Old 02-19-2017, 05:45 AM   #369
Going2
Senior LCF Member

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend and our US folks have the holiday off tomorrow. DC weather is unbelievably warm for Feb. Not complaining, but am worried what it means for our hot-n-humid summers, like will it be really bad this year--ugh.

Doing OK here, although having some high cal days. Pushed myself to get on the treadmill around 3p yesterday so that I wouldn't feel guilty about dinner out and put in a couple miles. A midday walk is pretty much unheard of for me but that little voice for doing the right things finally got loud enough and I heard her; need to listen better!

Dinner was at a Japanese steakhouse, the kind where they do a show of cooking in front of you with flames and food acrobatics--fun! everyone ordered cooked food but I had a sashimi platter with a side of seaweed salad, ate some of DH's tempura appetizer and only "bites to try" of his food, and had green tea instead of wine/sake <thud>. Then we came home and watched a movie with popcorn, but that's more of a once-a-week treat, although it's a holiday weekend <danger zone>.

We are grilling tonight: BLSL marinated chx thighs, maybe some burgers to feed off of the next few days, grill some veggies too--yum!

Did anyone celebrate National Wine Day yesterday? I totally forgot!

Oh, the Powerball lottery is at $403 MILLION if anyone plays. We bought a couple tickets and may get a couple more, only play a handful of times yearly when it gets super high like now.
Old 02-19-2017, 08:55 AM   #370
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Kal, I hope you get your whoosh! I did not eat after dinner yesterday but drank a bottle of water, so I was up all night peeing and am down 1.5 lb this morning. I need to do that every day. I am 1/2 lb over stat weight. This proves to me that it's not what I eat that keeps me from losing, but how much, and when. If I try to follow a plan that says "eat this, not that" I instantly want to pig out on that food. Something else may work better for someone else. We are all individuals.

Going2, good for you for getting on the treadmill. You do much better with that than I do. Exercise is very important for our bodies, whether it helps with weight loss or not. We were made to move.

Tammy, one glass of red wine is recommended, carbs or not. I am not much of a drinker and then prefer white to red, but I do want to start having a small glass of red before bed to see if it helps my morning blood sugar.

Jeanne, I don't think one Mexican meal now and then would be a problem. Don't they say if you stick to your plan 80% you are doing good? Hope you enjoyed it!

Where's everyone else?

Dr Jason Fung
Old 02-19-2017, 11:57 AM   #371
Janilyn
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone! I didnít meet my goal of posting here every day the last week but am down another 1.5 pounds so I am staying on track. I still track my food and macros on Lose It but do not track anything in Weight Watchers except my fit points. I have met my goal the last 3 weeks, 39-40 points which is around 40,000 steps a week.

Davisdanes!! We are happy to have you here with us. This challenge goes to April 3. Then we will start a new one with a new name. Like the others said, we are all doing different plans.

Going2, you mentioned stopping the self-destructive behavior. Let us know how we can help. Send me a private message if you want a phone or text buddy. What is in your ACV drink? I have one in the frig I bought, Braggís Grape ACV drink. It is very good. The pizza sounds so good and like a healthy cheat. Good job on the walking! I love Japanese steak houses. You made good choices there! I didnít even know there was a National Wine Day! Good luck with Powerball.

Jeanne, your tomato soup sounds good! How was the Mexican lunch? What did you have?

Kal, good job on the loss!! Hoping for your whoosh!!

Carol, way to go on 1.5 pounds!! Sounds like that is a good night time plan for you. How did your grandson like the brownie?

Michelle, I admire your will power with the cupcakes!

Lady, sounds like you are still on track. You must be doing some good prepping and planning since you are so busy lately. You are doing fantastic!!
Old 02-19-2017, 01:23 PM   #372
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Jan, my grandson was so happy about the brownies. He was fascinated with the big heart shape one and wanted to know how I did it so I showed him my heart shaped pans. He didn't care that the outside edges were a little hard. The center was soft and chewy. There was also a plate of brownies I baked in a square pan and cut, and he took them home with him, too. Mom and Dad like brownies too. LOL I don't need them, and DH doesn't like chocolate. Who doesn't like chocolate???

Good job on your weight loss, and doing well with WW.

Dr Jason Fung
Old 02-19-2017, 02:08 PM   #373
Janilyn
Senior LCF Member

Has anyone talked to Allie?
Old 02-19-2017, 02:38 PM   #374
jbatchelor
Major LCF Poster!

I think someone here had checked with Ally but I don't remember who or what was said--I wish she would return..

Carol and Tammy--WTG girls on the scale victory!!

Carol--I have never been to a Japanese restaurant but it sounds like you did excellent with your choices--woohoo

I am restarting again today--not waiting for Monday this time--so I am still not getting a good run at it enough to get into ketosis--I cave before then--it usually takes me 6 days and I just haven't been able to stay the course--I am not giving up--I will surely make it soon--I need to do better planning and I know that will help me...and going to bed sooner--too much time at night thinking about eating has to stop!!

hope everyone has a great week

Jeanne

ďItís in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped.Ē ~Anthony Robbins

~~A Course in Miracles~~
Old 02-19-2017, 02:58 PM   #375
ladyboss7
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Ladies,

Going2, yesterday was National Wine day??? I had no idea!! Good thing I had that glass of wine to celebrate!!

Carol, the brownies sound yummy....and I agree....who doesn't like chocolate?!?!?! Good for you to get them all out of the house....I don't dare bake because I'd nibble....the whole darn thing!!

Jan, way to go with the loss!! I wish I was having a scale victory....not so much here, I'm bouncing around the same 2 pounds for the better part of this month....i's very frustrating, but I refuse to give up!!

Jeanne, Good for you restarting again and not waiting until Monday.....and I'm with you, sometimes going to bed early is the best resolution to mindless snacking. Once I brush my teeth and crawl into bed for the night I'm done eating.

How's everyone else doing? All is good here, I did a lot of grocery shopping for the week....not so much prep cooking because everything I got is pretty quick and easy....meatballs and sausages, taco stuff, chicken, tuna fish and eggs.....I'm set for the week!!

Have a great week everyone!

Old 02-19-2017, 07:53 PM   #376
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Jeanne, that was Going2 who went to the Japanese Restaurant. I wish it was me! I only went once and would love to do it again, but DH would never go for that. He doesn't do Asian. Occasionally he will go to a Chinese Buffet, but he only eats the American Food.

I did a PM with Ally. She came back for a couple posts but then left again never to return. I'm not going to bug her if she's just not interested. I miss her and so do a few others who were friends with her. She was the reason I found this group. I followed her here. Maybe she thought I was stalking her? LOL

Dr Jason Fung
Old 02-20-2017, 09:33 AM   #377
jbatchelor
Major LCF Poster!

Carol--thanks for the info on Ally--maybe she will return one day??? sorry for getting you confused with going2--I am trying to remember who is who but still have some of that old age confusion to deal with--I keep saying I am going to use a notebook to jot stuff down but that hasn't happened yet--staying close to that same 2 lbs would thrill me!! there is a lot said for maintaining!!!

laundry day today and finishing up getting the taxes together--I have called for an appointment so hopefully soon--I would love to get a refund but can never count on it...

I have narrowed the carpet cleaning down to Servepro or service master--anybody use either one??

back later

Jeanne

~~A Course in Miracles~~
Old 02-20-2017, 10:06 AM   #378
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Jeanne, we have our own carpet cleaner. Never had a professional. We bought the machine, a Bissell, because of a dog we had who was getting older and not as good at potty training. I know that sounds gross, but we loved him, and weren't ready to put him down. You can always look online for reviews on the different companies if no one here has any experience.

When Ally answered me she just said she was busy with work, then she figured it would take her too long to catch up with everyone. Maybe some day she will come back. I hope so. She was always so upbeat and gave me incentive. She had so many friends on this forum and many ask about her all the time. Really, you can leave here for a while and then come back, and never skip a beat!

I'm down another 1/2 lb, so right at my Stat weight. Little by little. I hope I just continue down. I still might be able to get to Onedeland by the end of this challenge. I got off track for a while, there.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Dr Jason Fung

Last edited by PACarolsue; 02-20-2017 at 10:07 AM..
Old 02-20-2017, 10:11 AM   #379
jedsnj
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jedsnj
Stats: 243.5/237.5/199
WOE: Low Carbing any way I can
Start Date: Jan 8 2017...starting over for the ???? time.
Good Monday Presidents Weight In Day...

Well I'm up 10 pounds, being sick and taking steroids isn't a good mix Plus the fact that I'm an old believer in feed a cold and starve a fever...Man oh man was my cold well feed.

I want to say thanks for allowing me to join in this challenge but I am stepping out at this time as I am going to visit the kids and help my Granddaughter move into a new home.

good luck...everyone.

12 WEEK SPRING FEVER CHALLENGE!!
Start 243.5-241.5-240-241.5 down 2
1st Week Down 2/ 241.5
No carb was safe this week, from this eating machine!
2nd Week 244.5 3rd Week 237.5 4th Week -2 =235.5 5th wk 235
jedsnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 12:28 PM   #380
Janilyn
Senior LCF Member

Norma Jean,

We sure will miss you and hope you will promise to come back when you get back home.

Steroids will put on the weight fast. I took them last year after a root canal and gained 8 pounds in a week. Then I was so depressed I just kept eating. I hate steroids!

I hope you feel better soon. My sinus infection and congestion has dragged on for 6 weeks now. I wonder if I would be well by now if I had not turned down the steroids.

We will miss you. Have fun while you are gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedsnj View Post
Good Monday Presidents Weight In Day...

Well I'm up 10 pounds, being sick and taking steroids isn't a good mix Plus the fact that I'm an old believer in feed a cold and starve a fever...Man oh man was my cold well feed.

I want to say thanks for allowing me to join in this challenge but I am stepping out at this time as I am going to visit the kids and help my Granddaughter move into a new home.

good luck...everyone.
Old 02-20-2017, 12:59 PM   #381
Going2
Senior LCF Member

Norma Jean - Yah, steroids'll do that to you and fast! Sorry you've been sick, hope you are recovering well.

Thanks for all your support you gave here and enjoy your family!

Jan - Wow on being sick for so long! Can you get something for it at this point? Hope you get well soon! My ACV drink is a sippy container of 2 tablespoons Braggs vinegar with 16 oz. of water mixed with a flavored drink--most are too sweet for me straight up anyway.

Carol - Great to hear another pound is trying to say buh-bye! You are so right about having a cool, non-competitive group for a challenge: "Really, you can leave here for a while and then come back, and never skip a beat!" The beginning of a year can be a challenging time for some of us and no need to be under additional pressures.

Jeanne - Haven't used a carpet cleaner here, but am curious to hear everyone's experiences.

Tammy - Did most of my grocery shopping yesterday too, get ready for the week. Good move to have ready-to-eat type stuff, keep from grabbing the "wrong" foods.

We didn't win Saturday's PowerBall--I'm still here, aren't I (hahaha)--but bought a couple more tix for Wednesday's drawing. I just learned how to use the ticket-generating kiosk yesterday thanks to a gracious and not busy drugstore cashier, that's how little we play! It's only a couple dollars, no more than a Starbucks drink (I don't do Starbucks, are they more than $4-5?) for a bit of hope. Wish they'd do smaller winning amounts for more people; $403 million is just obscene for a single--or even a handful of--winner!

Got my 2-mile walk done this morning. Have to admit, it is soooo tedious, even with an iPad on the treadmill panel and also watching TV, am guilty of counting every. single. 1/10 mile. Like I said, right now I do them at an easy pace, 3-3.5 MPH at 17-20 minutes each mile.

We are going with friends to a restaurant tonight for my first Vietnamese Pho. I scoped out the menu already and have LC options ready. We normally don't eat so much Asian style food--just coincidental the past few weeks--but I love how light it can be, albeit need to watch the carby noodles/rice and sauces.

My weigh-in has me down 2 lbs. for the past week, but I had gained almost all my initial weight I lost that first couple of weeks of the challenge. Feel like I'm back on track again--phew!

It's a gorgeous day here, nice and balmy, so we'll probably head out to the dinner place a few minutes early, walk around the shops there, get some fresh air.
Old 02-20-2017, 01:08 PM   #382
Janilyn
Senior LCF Member

Maybe Ally is doing her own thing or just busy and not much time to post. It is overwhelming to come back when you are so far behind but we really donít have to go back and read all of the posts. We can just jump back in and go with it.

Carol, I think the Japanese restaurant is a lot different than Chinese. The only Chinese I like is fried rice and crab rangoon. When they grill it in front of you, you get different kinds of meat but it isnít in a dish with a lot of ingredients on it. It may have soy sauce on it but I think that is all. You also get a bunch of grilled veggies.

Good job on the Ĺ pound! I got way off track, too. I canít imagine how far off track I would get if I didnít have all of you.

Jeanne, I have to open a Word document and then go back and forth to comment and still have to double check who said what. I havenít used either of the carpet services but very glad you are hiring someone to do it.

I think I have figured out a plan where I can be low carb and do Weight Watchers and not go over my points. I am planning on making veggie juice 1-2 times a day. A smoothie with berries. Salad with veggies, ham and bacon. Chicken, shrimp, or pork with low carb sauce. Nuts, seeds, nut butter, and kale chips for snacks. A little EVOO and coco oil. 1200 calories or less, under 60 carbs, protein at least 60 grams.

I donít know how many times you all have heard me say, I am giving up cheese, and never made it more than a day. I finally did it this last week hoping it would help clear my congestion. It has helped and I think it may be part of the reason I am losing weight again.
Old 02-20-2017, 02:48 PM   #383
ladyboss7
Major LCF Poster!

Hi everyone,

Happy Monday!!

Norma Jean, I do hope that once things get more settled with your family you check back in with us, it sure has been nice having you here!!

Jeanne, I've not used either of those, but the idea to check reviews is a good one....maybe check out Yelp for your area and see who people recommend??

Carol, those furry family members have a way of becoming part of the family don't they?? My DH is very allergic to almost anything with fur....we've tried many cats and dogs....for now we have a fish.

Going2, I have always wanted to try a good legit Pho.....I love asian food, but yes it can be very tricky to do LC....you'll have to let us know how it is!!

Jan, I like your plan and the way you're incorporating it with WW....that sounds like a great strategy! I've tried giving up cheese in the past....did a 30 day trial once, and that was really hard because cheese is such a major staple for me with this WOE....I decided after 30 days of being cheese / dairy free that it did not help me with my weightloss in any measurable way, and it did not help with the tinnitus (I had read that many tinnitus sufferers experienced relief after a week or two of being dairy free) So I added it back in. I'll be curious to see if it helps you....I did find that there are many very decent dairy free alternatives available now, so it did help in that regard.

How's everyone else doing today? All is good here on this fine Monday....busy of course, but what else is new?

Old 02-20-2017, 03:34 PM   #384
finallygettingfit
Junior LCF Member

Just starting today....as in about to go grocery shopping. Is it too late to join this thread?

finallygettingfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 04:49 PM   #385
jbatchelor
Major LCF Poster!

welcome to the group gettingfit--never too late to join in! we are all doing our own thing in trying to figure out what works for us--share if you care to about you and anything else you want to share.

Norma Jean--sorry to see you go but will keep the light on for when you return--family comes first...

Tammy--I would hate to go without cheese--I love pepper jack and I use a lot of cream cheese in casseroles. I have tried two different shampoos with my carpet cleaner--all that did was to brighten up the surrounding carpet and leave all the stains showing even more--these are stains also from pets and careless accidents..

Jan--you have really figured it out how to do both plans--I will be anxious to hear how it works out...thanks for the hint on using word

going2--we didn't win either--the DH does play but it is minimal dollars--good luck on this week's drawing.

hello to all--you are all so inspirational with your weight losses--it is good for me to hear--hopefully I will join in soon!

Jeanne

~~A Course in Miracles~~
Old 02-20-2017, 09:40 PM   #386
betsielou
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betsielou
Stats: 170/134/130
WOE: low carb, no particular diet
Start Date: 09/02/2016
Hi everyone
Didn't realize it had been a few days since I last checked in. Sounds like everyone is doing pretty good, keep it up.

Norma Jean- sorry to see you go, but sounds like you are going to be busy. We will miss you encouraging posts, hope you can join us again soon.

Welcome finallygettingfit! Jump right in and join our chatty group, everyone is good at helping encourage and support one another.

Rather than try to respond to everyone, being behind and all, I'll just say keep it up, way to go, and no opinion on carpet shampooer service, lol.

Hope everyone has a great week, and I'll do better at keeping up. Things are going well for me, just got to get the snackies under control before they take over.
Old 02-21-2017, 04:19 AM   #387
Going2
Senior LCF Member

finallygettingfit - Jump right into our lil' mosh pit here!

BetsieLou - Snacking can be a challenge to control. On one hand, it can be a great way to eat and keeps blood glucose stable throughout the day. On the other, it can add on extra cals or be "mindless" eating, something I'm guilty of.

So out of 6 of us at the dinner, I was the only one who didn't get the Pho--ha! But ... I started with 2 summer rolls (ones with the "clear" wrapper)--DH decided not to split them (grrr)--and noticed halfway in they had some noodles in the filling, but no biggie. Then I had wonton soup to try and fill me up with broth, but the wonton wraps were so light, ate them all. I ordered Shaken Beef, which isn't pho noodle soup but is seasoned beef chunks on a bed of watercress and some light veggies, and ... a side of rice, ate the ENTIRE thing.

One of my challenges is I'm shy and don't talk much so I keep myself busy in social situations by eating/nibbling. The rice was just sitting there on the side of the plate but service was so slow that dishes weren't cleared and, well, I just kept doing a "one more bite" thing. Oh well, today's a new day and I've been at this game long enough to not beat myself up about it, just try to make it a good day, eat clean, and exercise where I can. Think we have this weekend "off" (no social commitments) so that'll help.

Planning is huge for my success and I'll be making some prepped salads and "reach for" snacks this morning to keep me honest. Think sipping the ACV drink over a couple hours was a little hard on my tummy, so will stick to just downing it as a quick drink instead a couple times daily. I did like how sipping something kept me from thinking of eating, maybe from being thoroughly hydrated or the hand-to-mouth action, definitely going to try to keep a container around.

Can't believe March is already just a week away!

Last edited by Going2; 02-21-2017 at 04:20 AM..
Old 02-21-2017, 09:18 AM   #388
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Norma, I am sorrry to see you go, but I really appreciate that you told us you were going and didn't just drop off, leaving us wondering if something happened to you. That is always a concern.

Good luck to you, and the door is always open if you want to come back.

Going2, I want to comment about snacking. For some people, controlled snacking that is fit into their plan can be helpful, but for most people, snacking is done in addition to their eating plan, and is usually not healthy food. As a diabetic, I feel that snacking is not good for blood sugar control. I have been reading that diabetics should always have 4-5 hours between eating, to allow their blood sugar to come down before they eat again. This is a problem for me, because I tend to be a grazer. Grazing is very bad for diabetics. I think it could be helpful for a non-diabetic who is dieting, if they graze instead of eating meals, but never in addition to meals, the way I was doing it.

Tammy, I am highly allergic to cats, but not dogs. We were feeding a stray cat for a while, but he disappeared. I hate to think what might have happened to him. When my step-children first moved out they both got cats. What where they trying to tell me? ha ha Didn't want the step-monster visiting. Ha Ha

Jeanne, sometimes you have to pretreat stains. We usually do the stains by hand before running the carpet cleaner, either with full strength cleaner, or Resolve. Resolve Foam works well. Having the doggy with the potty problems made me a pro at cleaning the stains. LOL This dog we have now is great. He's still young, and knows where he's supposed to "go." We got him at a shelter and were shocked at how well he did.

Jan, I enjoyed watching the Japanese cooking, but DH is the type who wants his steak, potatoes and salad served to him on a plate. He would not want to watch that guy cooking it, no matter how entertaining it is. LOL Or he wants a hamburger. He is not adventurous with eating at all.

When I did WW, I did low carb and stayed within my points. And I lost well. Just didn't like the cost of the program.

How's it going with you, Kal?

Off to Walmart, again. I'm beginning to feel that I work there. LOL

Dr Jason Fung
Old 02-21-2017, 11:32 AM   #389
Janilyn
Senior LCF Member

Quick check-in for now. It is Tuesday which means I work the evening shift tonight and go back at 7 AM tomorrow so you may not hear much out of me until Thursday.

I went back to WW last night. I skipped the last 2 weeks because I had gained 5 pounds, was embarrassed, and knew I wouldn't deal well if I was reprimanded or told, you need to come to the meetings.

I was back to my starting weight, minus 0.2 pounds. I explained what had happened and she did not reprimand me or even look surprised. The meeting was good. We did the steps to figure out Our Why...why we want to lose weight.

I was under my WW points again yesterday and stayed low carb.
Old 02-21-2017, 05:53 PM   #390
ladyboss7
Major LCF Poster!

Hi everyone!

Welcome aboard Finally!!! It's never too late to join, this is a GREAT group!

Jeanne, have you tried frying cheese???? OMG...it's my favorite thing right now!! I've done this with all sorts of cheese, my current favorite is shredded mozzarella or Queso cheese....melt a little butter in a nonstick skillet and sprinkle about 2 oz of shredded cheese in there....I've started getting creative and adding a couple of slices of pepperoni, or some italian seasoning...basil leaves, etc....give it a minute or two start melting and it will actually get crispy on the bottom, you can roll it up like a tacquito and slide it on to a plate....sooooo good!! I used to fry string cheese sticks, but one day I was out and only had shredded cheese...I decided I actually liked the shredded cheese better!

Betsie, good to see you!!

Going2, you didn't try the Pho??? See, this is why I avoid asian food...the rice...the noodles...the wonton...and I love it all!! I know what you mean about being shy.....I've realized I'm an Ambivert.....let to myself I'm fairly quiet and laid back, not anti-social, but not very sanguine naturally....I am however very social and dominant when needed (at work) But after hours....seriously, I'm very reclusive!

Carol, I have a hard time seeing your step kids think of you as step monster! I know that our kids both got pets the minute they moved out....mostly because they always wanted them growing up, but we just really couldn't with DH's allergies being so severe...and you know human nature, always wanting what you can't have!

Jan, I can't imagine any WW leader I've ever known reprimanding anyone or being anything less than kind and encouraging....I've been involved with WW a few times and I've always found the leaders to be truly genuine and encouraging, I will say that WW has always impressed me with the people they choose. Don't avoid the meetings because of that, you're paying for them, so make the most of it!! And if they ever DO reprimand you they'll have to answer to us!!!

Well kids, I hope everyone is having a great evening. All is well here, just trying to back in ketosis and get back on track....work is crazy busy! KUTGW everyone!