Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 02-22-2017, 05:22 AM   #391
jbatchelor
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/187.5/148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
Tammy--thanks so much for the info for fried cheese--I have done atkins for so long and I still can learn so much from my friends here---such a simple idea I will be trying very soon--thanks

I think I become more reclusive as I get older--when younger I was always the one having a party but now I hate going to parties-I think the more you don't get out and mingle that you become reclusive??? I just have a few close friends that I go places with and I would rather stay home than go out usually.

Jan-wtg on losing your gain plus more!! woohoo--I used to belong to TOPS--if you did gain-they booo'd you-and I heard years ago they would put you into a pig pen--I am sure things like that don't happen at WW..

yesterday was a big day--worked at Mom's then we went to Mexican--she got several gift cards for Christmas and it is her favorite place--so another day of added salt--I did well though--taco salad--ate the rest of it last night for dinner--I did eat the bowl-but I enjoyed it and just will go on

My BS yesterday was elevated but much better today--I am totally trying to eat or not eat in order to get my sugar down-so on the road to better readings I hope..

Today I am getting back onto the floor after a long break and starting the baseboard painting again...a never ending job but with the weather getting better I feel more like painting..

I am wondering about Crazy--will pm her and see if she is back from her trip.

have a great Wednesday --hump day

Jeanne

“It’s in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped.” ~Anthony Robbins

Each decision that you make indicates what you think you are worth~
~~A Course in Miracles~~
jbatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2017, 09:38 AM   #392
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: PACarolsue
Stats: 217/190.5/175 5'2"
WOE: Whatever Works
Start Date: Tomorrow
Tammy, we always had a dog or two, so my steps were used to having dogs. Actually, they got cats when they moved out because where they went, dogs were not allowed. But I always say they got the cats because I was allergic to them. LOL I admit I am a step-monster.

Jan, I don't think anyone at WW would reprimand. They are all there for the same reason and have the same struggles. I loved my first leader, but didn't like the recent one. They are required to be someone who lost, and became a lifetime member. This woman only lost 10 lbs. IMO, not enough to be able to relate to someone who had a lot to lose. One time I asked her a question about the Points System and she replied "Just follow the program the way it's presented."

I have never heard those things about TOPS. I would like to join there because it's a lot less money. I don't know if we have one nearby.

I just googled, and there are 5 of them within 10 miles. One is held at Panera Bread! That would be the end of my weight loss! LOL

"The first step to solving a problem is to admit that one exists."
Dr Jason Fung

Last edited by PACarolsue; 02-22-2017 at 09:44 AM..
PACarolsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 10:05 AM   #393
kal
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kal
Stats: 5'6" 233/176.8/148-155
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: Restart 11/11/2015
Hey ladies. Hope everyone is doing well. I am doing well on liquids but I think next week I'll eat normal and healthy. I feel a binge coming and I'd rather not. Going to meal prep today. I am upping my routines...well the trainer is starting next week so I'm feeling excited. I got really squishy and whatnot but I think the whoosh fairy got lost because not feeling lighter yet. I have weigh in next week though
Goal Weight: 145
kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 04:50 PM   #394
ladyboss7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 217 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: starting over AGAIN
Hi kids!

Jeanne, I love the new Avi.....what a cute pic!! Oh my gosh if I ever went to a weight loss meeting and they boo'd or tried putting me in a pig pen I'd leave and NEVER go back!!!

Carol, panera bread.... For a wight loss meeting???? that's like all the WW centers next door to basin Robbins....seriously, who thinks of this stuff??

Kal, good to see you..... Wondered how your liquid diet was going.....smart to sense what's coming and find a work around! Have you been losing weight with the smoothies?

Everything is good here, getting back on track.....eating wasn't perfect today, but it was better and NO WINE!! I will get back into ketosis!

How's everyone else doing???

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

231 225 215 210 200 195 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
ladyboss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 05:21 PM   #395
jbatchelor
Major LCF Poster!

Tammy--the grands are wearing the valentine sunglasses I picked up at Dollar tree--I am surprised they have lasted this long!!

Kal--I wondered how you were doing--how many days have you been on liquids now--I think I could do that better than the egg fast--I am just not sure I could cook for the DH and not eat solid food--how many pounds have you lost doing that?

well-I painted all day--I have a huge great room and I will tackle it again tomorrow and hope I can get more done--the patio doors and large windows take time--I have all the furniture pulled out away from the walls so I won't have to do that tomorrow--thank goodness for sliders!!!

Has anyone ever watched MY 600 lb life? OMG--I am addicted to watching it now that I found it--I see myself in so much of what they talk about being addicted to food--heart breaking for these people...

cya all tomorrow

Jeanne

“It’s in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped.” ~Anthony Robbins

~~A Course in Miracles~~
Old 02-22-2017, 07:43 PM   #396
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Jeanne, I have been watching My 600 LB Life for years. There was a favorite one just recently. Diana, I think. Some of her thoughts and issues hit home with me. Like when the doctor told her she was going to get 1200 calories per day and she said that's usually what she has for breakfast. They always go for counseling and recall these things that happened in their childhood that led to their overeating. I don't have that. I just like food.

The part that amazes me if that the doctor requires them to lose so much weight before he will even approve them for surgery. If they can do that, lose 50-100 lbs or more, then why can't they just continue on with that instead of going through surgery. The cravings come back anyway. The surgery doesn't change that.

Dr Jason Fung
Old 02-22-2017, 08:57 PM   #397
betsielou
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betsielou
Stats: 170/134/130
WOE: low carb, no particular diet
Start Date: 09/02/2016
Hi all,
Trying not to beat myself up today because I over did it and I don't want to see what the scale says Wed. I keep telling myself to just let it go and do better tomorrow. If I'm not careful I'll really add it on.

My 600lb Life sounds interesting. I read a book once titled 703, about a lady that reached that weight and then lost it all. It was a pretty interesting book.

Seems like everyone is having a good week, glad to read that. I am too except for the eating thing. Loving this weather, just wonder what summer has in store for us.

Have a great rest of the week.
Old 02-23-2017, 03:01 AM   #398
Going2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Going2
Stats: 223/192(166)/150 5'8"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2003
Yah, just goes to show you how much is a head game when it comes to overeating and unhealthy behaviors. Sigh. I know I eat for comfort.

Jeanne - Hope your bod is doing OK with all that bent-over baseboard and now huge walls painting. Sure to feel good to see the results!

Had a great LC day yesterday even tho' it was National Margarita Day, heh heh. Didn't indulge although during the summer I'll buy a SF mix but rarely make one anyway.

Gorgeous day on tap here, debating about doing a neighborhood walk. Just need to duke it out with my social anxiety. Our sidewalks are narrow and there are lots of dog-walkers and strollers all day long, hate to be "seen," part of my low-level anxiety. I need to run errands, so at least that'll get me outside, sort of.
Going2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 05:38 AM   #399
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Tammy, years ago I belonged to Elaine Powers. Remember them? It was next door to an ice cream place. There was this group of ladies who would go and exercise, then go next door for a sundae. LOL I guess the felt they deserved it. I think they were more interested in the socializing than weight loss.

Betsie, I checked my library website and they have that book, 703. It sounds interesting. I'm going to get it today. Here is a review of the book.

Nancy Makin weighed an astounding 703 pounds in May 2000. She was forty-five and suffered from obesity-related maladies. Due to shame and logistics, she was homebound for a dozen years.

But all that changed when she received a computer. In cyberspace she found the friendliness, the connection, the acceptance and the nurturing she'd been missing for so long. She followed no particular diet plan; no surgeries, pills, potions or ab-crunching exercises played a part, and yet today Nancy has lost more than 530 pounds and kept it off for more than seven years. Her tale is one of redemption and shows a growing America that there is hope...if you believe.

If she can lose 530, surely I can lose the 50-60 I need to lose.

Dr Jason Fung
Old 02-23-2017, 06:47 AM   #400
jbatchelor
Major LCF Poster!

Carol--I agree with you on the ability to lose so much weight prior to surgery--I would think it would be easier to continue what they were currently doing rather than have that surgery??? I am also astonished how well these surgeries go on people that large?? Maybe we don't see all the issues? I am scared for surgery at any weight!

Betsie--all is not lost--just consider today as the first day on forever--

going2-I need to walk too but I will use any excuse--today I am so sore I can barely move--was going to start painting again but I might take today off and wait until the DH can help me with the moving furniture. the weather here is wonderful and it will change Saturday-we are supposed to drop 30 degrees overnight-and possible wintry mix!!! I am ready for spring!

years ago I belonged to some weight club and we met at Ponderosa... I don't think I did well--I really believe that weighing in and being accountable does help tremendously! My DIL joined WW online and has done well...

well--I am still sitting but I need to get up and do something...will see how I feel later this morning working out the krinks.

I did PM Crazy but I haven't had a reply yet...

Michelle and Anna haven't been here lately either..come home girls!

Jeanne

~~A Course in Miracles~~
Old 02-23-2017, 06:52 AM   #401
jbatchelor
Major LCF Poster!

Well there was one powerball winner!! and in Indiana--but not me!! hope it is someone I know!

Jeanne

~~A Course in Miracles~~
Old 02-23-2017, 09:33 AM   #402
saltnpepper
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: saltnpepper
WOE: watching carbs
Start Date: long ago restart 06/11
Ha ha Here I am Jeanne!!

Jeanne love your avi!! So cute. They are growing so fast. How often do you get to see them?

You all have a great group here, so motivated. I can't stay motivated for any one type of diet. I was going to try whole 30 but I got the flu. Still getting over that. I will get organized soon. I hope.

Crazy how are you? How is your dh? Joni?? Michelle?? I saw Haven's pic on fb the other day. All grown up going on a date!!!

Anyway have a great day everyone.

Anna
Old 02-24-2017, 03:01 AM   #403
finallygettingfit
Junior LCF Member

I'm loving this way of life! I'm not hungry at all. Really enjoying reading all of your tips. Yesterday's best find was pork rinds and pepper jack cheese It kept me from dropping by Burger King on the way home And seeing two pounds gone this morning was awesome
finallygettingfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 05:46 AM   #404
Going2
Senior LCF Member

Finally - Love how strict LC-ing results in decreased appetite. The challenge is being disciplined, which is why I'm here--need some support.

Not a fan of eating pork rinds straight up, but I blenderize them w parmesan cheese to make a killer breading for chicken breasts and zucchini, can use it in meatloaf too, store it in a baggie in the freezer.

Just did my 2 miles on the treadmill, but am averaging every other day lately, so it's better than nothing, but I need to be more regular about exercise. It's the weekend, and I usually do some wine, a danger zone. Need to make sure I have reach-for snax ready and solid meal plans to avoid going off course. Like I mentioned, no social commitments this weekend and am solely accountable <gulp!>.

Best wishes for a good weekend, everyone--stay strong and be kind to ourselves.
Old 02-24-2017, 06:09 AM   #405
betsielou
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone,
Feeling better today. I realized that part of my problem the other day was my food choices (isn't that always the problem). DH and I had lunch at Kentucky Fried Chicken and I ate 2 pieces of chicken and my biscuit, that on top of a muffin at breakfast and a thin slice of jelly roll for dessert. Scale was not friendly Thursday morning but today is better. I think water retention was a big factor, plenty of sodium in that chicken I'm sure.

Going2- good job on the treadmill. I would have one if we had room...one day.

Anna- good to hear from you, hope you get to feeling better soon.

Finally- Pork rinds are a go to snack for me too. Have to drink a lot of water to make sure they don't pile up in my throat, but that's OK too.

Carol- I thought it was an interesting book, I enjoyed reading it. Let me know what you think after you read it.

Jeanne- hope you are feeling better soon too. We are supposed to get cooler again this weekend too. Sorry you missed out on the power ball, I'm sure you would have remembered your LCF's if you had won...right? LOL.

Tammy, Jan, Michelle and everyone else, hope all is well for y'all. Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 02-24-2017, 06:09 AM   #406
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Jeanne, the weight loss surgeries do not all go well. They do show some people who have difficulties, plus you know they only show us the part they want us to see. Some of the patients go back to their old eating habits and end up gaining, or not losing, and some refuse to start being more active,which is a big part of it. There is risk with all surgeries.

Betsie, I started reading that book about the 703 lbs woman. I was a little disappointed that it was mostly about how she ended up weighing so much. I was more interested in how she lost it. It appears that she got so involved with the internet that she would forget to eat. I am addicted to the internet and that hasn't happened to me so far. LOL I think the moral of the story is, if you find something you are passionately interested in, eating will not be such an obsession.

I have noticed that my appetite seems to be diminished the past couple days. I started taking Niacin a few days ago and I'm wondering if that is the cause.

Dr Jason Fung

Last edited by PACarolsue; 02-24-2017 at 06:11 AM..
Old 02-24-2017, 08:41 AM   #407
jbatchelor
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning--well almost noon here

Today I have an appointment with a new CPA for our taxes-hope it goes well and I have everything I need..not till 3 pm so I will check the things I do have.. hate not being prepared.

Betsie--I absolutely would remember my LCF if I won the lottery!! glad you are doing better--I find that when I go off plan-I beat myself up and when I stick to the plan I feel so much better about myself--so why do I go off plan????

Carol-I figured as much with the surgeries not all going well--I NEED an obsession if that stops me from eating--right now I have so much to do that I am really not interested in eating much during the day--but look out for the night time--I have been going to bed pretty early for me--that helps with the grazing.. I think I might be just starting into ketosis--my sticks might be in the trace range--it is hard to tell- when it looks so close to negative... this is day 6 so that means this is usually the day---hurrah! what does niacin do for appetite? never heard of that?

going2--I had tried pork rinds in my meatloaf--DH didn't like it--but that was full strength without any parmesan--I have tried several different things as a filler--but didn't have much luck until I pulverized so low carb tortillas that were stale--that is my go to thing now that the DH will eat--but I may try your mix--I am definitely going to use that as breading this year. I do get the salt and pepper ones from Walmart and I like using them as dippers into some French onion dip.

hello to everyone else!!

Jeanne

~~A Course in Miracles~~
Old 02-24-2017, 09:07 AM   #408
Janilyn
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Janilyn
Stats: 157/145/138
Start Date: September 20, 2016
Hi everyone!

Yesterday was a day of rest for me. After working Tuesday night, 4 hours sleep, and then Wednesday day I had in 20,000 steps in 24 hours!! I am just amazed that this 59 year old with a knee replacement is even able to do that. I came home and got in bed and stayed there for the next 20 hours, over 13 of those hours sleeping. I spent yesterday catching up a little, delivered samples of the products I sell, and tutored.

I have read all your posts and will write my replies soon.
Janilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 09:15 AM   #409
Janilyn
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Janilyn
Stats: 157/145/138
Start Date: September 20, 2016
Jeanne, I went to TOPS when I was 17 or 18. I am not sure if we had the Pig Pen or got booed but that would explain being traumatized by going to a meeting after gaining weight!!

I wasn't really expecting to get reprimanded at WW but good to know my sisters here have my back if it ever happens!! Same for you Carol if anyone tries to put you in a Pig Pen!! I do remember really liking TOPS when I went so you might give it a try.
Janilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 11:05 AM   #410
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Jeanne, Niacin is supposed to help lower cholesterol and triglycerides. It just so happened that my appetite seems diminished since I started taking it 3 days ago. It might not have anything to do with it. Last night I took a few bites of my dinner and felt like I was forcing it, so I stopped eating. Then I went in to lay on the bed and watch TV and I fell asleep. I got up and got into my nightgown and did my nightly routine, then took my meds and went back to bed. No more food. I didn't feel hungry at all. The only thing I did different was take the Niacin.

Dr Jason Fung
Old 02-24-2017, 11:12 AM   #411
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

I googled "The Pig Pen at TOPS" and found this in another discussion group.

Then Mom put me (and my sisters) in TOPS with her and all of that dieting really made me even more fat and I developed absolutely horrible habits from that experience. If you gained you would sit in the "Pig Pen" and sing (to the tune of My Bonnie Lies Over the Ocean): "I am the Pig of my tops club, I am the cheater this week, I am the pig of my tops club - I've cheated and now I must squeak, oink, oink, oink, oink, ..." and it ended with: "I won't cheat till I'm slender again". Then you would have to put a sign in your front yard that said "I am the pig of my tops club". It was given to the biggest gainer. -

Dr Jason Fung
Old 02-25-2017, 10:47 AM   #412
Crazy1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Crazy1
Stats: 198/174/140
WOE: Lower Carb/ IF
Hello Friends,

I am back now. Pretty nice trip. Very hot, lots of sun! And lots of mosquitos. I sprayed really well most of the time, but it rained the last day and after checking out of our room, I failed to reapply the spray, and ended up with tons of bug bites. Ok, not tons but I stopped counting after 40 so I have been pretty uncomfortable. I also scar when I have bites so I am not a very happy camper.

The food was good but I stuck to my 2 meals a day, just like a home. Usually had eggs and bacon for breakfast and mostly meats for dinner. I stayed away from salads and fruit because I didn't want to get sick and only had desserts at the specialty restaurants. The dessert servings were very tiny so I figured it was ok to indulge. I stuck to rum and diet coke and didn't have any exotic fat laden drinks. What that means is that I didn't GAIN any weight. I actually stayed the same so I think I did pretty good.

Now that I am home I know that I need to ramp up my game. First goal is water.....6 cups a day, and exercise.....minimum of 15 minutes a day. My arm is much better so I have been OK'd to start exercising. Gotta start slow but I am going to do it!

I have never been to Tops and it doesn't sound like I would want to. I am a lapsed lifetime member of WW who got tired of counting points and not losing!

I remember a time when I followed the program to a T and gained 2 pounds.......and that was the 1st week! The leader was not very helpful and obviously didn't believe me. Another time, I stuck it out for a year, faithfully going to meetings week after week and lost a grand total of 12 pounds. Yup, about a pound a month. That was when I walked 1/2 an hour to and from the bus/train twice a day AND walked an extra hour every night. No, WW is not for me.

Anyway, glad to be back. Looking forward to keeping up with all of you.

Onward and downward!

Triumph!

Last edited by Crazy1; 02-25-2017 at 10:49 AM..
Crazy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 04:28 AM   #413
Going2
Senior LCF Member

Very interesting about the TOPS program and the sad pigpen part--geesh, what a method!

Jan - Always amazing how many steps you clock in for your job! I ran a small mailroom and fulfillment center and, even though I was heavy, I was in amazing shape from running around all day and lifting 30-40 lbs. boxes of books and stuff. Used to joke that I got paid to work out!

Carol - Interesting about the niacin effect, hope it indeed helps you with appetite control.

BetsieLou - Here's to bouncing back after some "food debauchery" as I call it. Can relate a bit. I generally don't eat fast food, but DH likes to treat himself to it for bring-home lunches and I'll grab just a fry or 2 from his burger lunches, maybe a single bit of his sub or something, but he started doing KFC chicken every few weeks last year and man, that chicken is amazing--tender, juicy, and so flavorful compared to buying it at the grocers, easily can eat 3 drumsticks at a time, fried skin and all!

Jeanne - How'd your tax appt. go? Man, that'd have me stress-eating for sure--ha! Hope you're finally seeing some pink stix.

Crazy - Great trip report! And that is wonderful to return home and not have gained too--WTG! Oh my on the bug bites tho'--that's some souvenir, hahaha! Hope they go away quickly and you feel energized after a nice vaycay. We were invited to the Excellence Resort on Punta Cana for a May destination wedding but the timing didn't work out, hear that area is lovely.

Made grilled ribeyes last night and side salads. We watched a movie and had popcorn--the only significant carbs of the day--and I put mine in a small bowl instead of free-feeding from a big one together and it worked, only had 1 SF choc-peanut cluster as a sweet treat.

Did my 2-mile treadmill walk yesterday morning and man, it is hard, just so boring, even with the TV and an iPad in front of me. All of us siblings have a touch of ADD and mine is so mild that I turned it into a strength as a multi-tasker and "busy man" but it is a weakness for project completion. I have a constant urge to keep "doing" something, so staying on a treadmill in one place for almost an hour can be a struggle. Need to focus on how good it feels once I've done it.

Trying for another good day here since we are home all day, prepare food for the week, grab a nap, count my blessings and good health otherwise.

March is coming up fast and for those of us who have struggled to meet our challenge goals, we're making progress in others ways too: being more focused on our health and mindsets, examining why we have eating or exercising struggles, and trying to find out what works for us to have some successes.
Old 02-26-2017, 05:25 AM   #414
saltnpepper
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: saltnpepper
WOE: watching carbs
Start Date: long ago restart 06/11
Crazy glad your back. And congrats on the weight. Staying the same is wonderful!!!

Happy Sunday everyone.
Old 02-27-2017, 04:27 AM   #415
kal
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kal
Stats: 5'6" 233/176.8/148-155
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: Restart 11/11/2015
Jeanne and Tammy, yes I've lost weight. I have weigh in Wednesday. I was down like 7 ish pounds but I was not on liquid last week, but I'm back at it today. I should know Wednesday. Then I'll probably do liquid days sprinkled in to healthy eating. I will say it helped my cravings for quite a while. It's harder for me to be like oh I'm low carb I can't have it vs it's solid probably because instead of something very specific it's a huge majority. Probably because if I tell myself I can't have a cookie I'm gonna want that cookie when it's something super specific lol.
Goal Weight: 145
kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 07:09 AM   #416
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Tammy, I just copied you "recipe" for fried cheese and plan on trying it. I think someone else mentioned making it in the oven on parchment paper. I'm going to ask around and see what I can find out. I don't like to turn my oven on anymore than I have to and prefer things that can be made on top of the stove. I also like being able to make single portions.

Dr Jason Fung
Old 02-27-2017, 07:24 AM   #417
betsielou
Senior LCF Member

HI everyone, happy Monday. Hope everyone had a good and relaxing weekend. I did, and the scale is playing nice so I'm going into the week feeling pretty good.

Carol- it has been about 3 or 4 years since I read 703, but I still thought it was interesting reading of how she gained the weight and how she felt being a person that was so over weight. Sorry your addiction has not helped your weight loss, lol.

Crazy- welcome home and glad you saw no weight gain while away, that is always encouraging. Hope your bug bites are feeling better by now.

Going2- yes, KFC is yummy and we hadn't had it some time so it was calling to me that day...and I answered, lol. Good job on the treadmill. When I use to use one I would read a book. I made sure it was something very interesting so I could lost in it and the time would just fly. Of course I couldn't go too fast or do any tilting of the treadmill or I would have hurt myself, but I got a lot of walking in.

Jan- I'm worn out just reading how many steps you take in a day. I can remember when I worked and would cover that much ground...been a while though.

Jeanne- going off plan is kinda dumb for the guilt we inflict on ourselves after doing it, yet we do it anyway...guess that's the life of an addict.

Kal- I think I would get tired of liquid real quick, good job to you. Look forward to hearing your new low Wednesday.

Hello to everyone else...Michelle, Tammy and all the rest, time for a check in.

Have a great week ladies.
Old 02-27-2017, 07:36 AM   #418
jbatchelor
Major LCF Poster!

fast hello--I am headed out the door-and will be back later

Jeanne

~~A Course in Miracles~~
Old 02-27-2017, 07:48 AM   #419
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

I found the recipe for the Cheese Crisps in the oven. You mix your shredded cheese with any spices your desire. Mozzarella cheese, Mexican blend, whatever you like and you can shred your own favorite cheese. Put teaspoonful mounds on parchment paper on a baking sheet. Has to be parchment paper. Oven at 350, for 5-7 minutes. Watch closely. They will get brown around the edges. Cooked too long they are still tasty. Cooked not long enough they might be gummy instead of crispy. In the picture of the finished product they looked lacy. Cool on the parchment paper a bit before removing. They show them in a little basket, put out as a snack.

Kal, I think you are showing a very nice loss and I agree that alternating between liquid and solid days is a good idea. For me, no food is not allowed, so I don't get as many cravings. I know that you lose much better if you stay away from the bad food completely. Yesterday, my grandson "shared" his cookies with me, and I ate it without guilt. But because I allow myself to indulge, it's not such a big attraction to me. I know I can have it if I want it. Obviously, my weight loss doesn't come close to yours. Bravo!!

Going2, we haven't had KFC in ages. DH never liked it so we didn't get it often. I used to like it too much and had it for lunch often when I was still working. Now I've gotten away from breaded chicken and prefer plain roasted, like rotisserie chicken. I have removed a lot of unhealthy foods from my diet and replaced them with healthier, but still I don't lose weight. It's not fair. At least I don't gain anymore, either.

Dr Jason Fung
Old 02-27-2017, 12:44 PM   #420
jbatchelor
Major LCF Poster!

Carol-thanks for the info on the cheese crisps--I have done them in the microwave but old microwave died and I have a low power one--not sure they would even work in it...

Crazy--wtg on being on vacation and not gaining--that is awesome--glad to see you home!!

going2--years ago my youngest son worked at KFC--and at that time we had it quite often--and I really loved the livers and gizzards--not sure they still do them?

Betsie--woohoo on the scale moving downward!!!

Anna--good to see you too!

hello to Jan, Michelle, Kal, Tammy and anyone is missed

Jeanne

~~A Course in Miracles~~