Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 01-16-2017, 04:59 AM   #121
Going2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Going2
Stats: 223/205(166)/150 5'8"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2003
Linda Sue's site has great LC recipes, many gathered from other LCFs here, and I've used many of them. Am not a big bread eater, so it's DH's palate I cater to, but have tried the Oopsie/Revolution Rolls/Cloud Bread recipe and it's good.

Scale's holding steady at 5 lbs. overall loss so I'm calling it that for this first week of the Spring Fever Challenge. A tad disappointing after having that wild start, but there's probably 2 lbs. of water weight that left and came back; my carbs were only 14 yesterday.

Hope everyone feels like they had a good first week too and are optimistic about heading to their goals.
Going2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2017, 05:53 AM   #122
kal
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kal
Stats: 5'6" 233/180/148-155
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: Restart 11/11/2015
Carol, I remind myself often how accomplished I feel when leaving the gym. I have to just go and eat right and honestly every successful day is another day closer to my goal. So really it's like will I regret being one day closer to my goals....and that is all it takes to keep me going or if I stray I can quickly snap myself back.

Also carb creep gets everyone at some point.for me it starts with homemade sweet potato fries then it's all a blur and then there am I like a week later in line for fast food lol.oh taco bell how I love and hate you haha. Luckily though it's typically only once because pure shame kicks in and ugh it's terrible. I used to blame it on my period because it always happened at that time and then I realized I was giving myself an out and excuse. So finally decided I get a cheat meal at that time that cannot be fast food and within certain amount of calories. Obviously still not the best but I've not been binging so it's in the right direction. Better one small cheat then a whole week off the rail at least for me. I say it's small because honestly if I only get one cheat I always go for sushi....2 tuna rolls which is like 370 calories total, but has like 54g total carbs which is less than a single taco bell bean burrito and who ever goes to taco bell for 1 bean burrito lmao....not me.so unfortunately I have no advice on staying avoiding carbs or the carb creep because once a month I end up having my sushi. But if anyone does a fool proof plan let me know.

Hope the new plan helps. Shorter sessions twice can be good for some people especially if super busy or just starting out. Keep us in the loop on how the 2 weeks go.
Goal Weight: 145

Goals:
185 : No longer obese.
180 : Mani/pedi
170 : Receive passport
160 : Sephora makeup
150 : TBD
140 : TBD
kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 06:00 AM   #123
kal
Major LCF Poster!

Wow that was a long post...looked small on my screen. Anyways I get my official weigh in on Wednesday. So excited to see. Have the gym tonight as always. Cramping but still going. As I've said before I'm not doing excuses. Might take a Tylenol beforehand or have it nearby just in case but nevertheless I'll be in the gym tonight.

Goals:
Old 01-16-2017, 07:09 AM   #124
jbatchelor
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/187.5/148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
good morning --well the weigh in was typical for me--no weight loss--I figure my body is still adjusting from the 7lb loss of water from the 1st week--so I am back to my usual---it has been hard to turn down the DH for 2 weeks who wants to eat out...I am hoping I can continue to discourage him-he is not supportive at all with my diet--so that too is discouraging--I am also prediabetic and when I blow my plan--I end up fully in the diabetic range--which is shocking to me--I totally quit testing over the month between Thanksgiving and Christmas but still had a few high readings once I got back to business... all that to say I will be watching what you do Carol do get things moving again!! I am not an exercise fan but I can walk... my readings are still in the 114 range which I hate--I want to be in the 85 range like Dr. Bernstein recommends...I can occasionally see the 90s but rarely--grrr

I am already behind now on my hope to lose a pound a week--I need to do better!

Kal--I am not a big bread eater too--but I did purchase the low carb buns that people are talking about-on Ouiszoid thread-haven't tried them yet but they look like regular hamburger buns. I also bought bagels and they are great..

I need to get out the door but I will return..

Jeanne

“It’s in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped.” ~Anthony Robbins

Each decision that you make indicates what you think you are worth~
~~A Course in Miracles~~

Last edited by jbatchelor; 01-16-2017 at 07:15 AM..
jbatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 08:19 AM   #125
kal
Major LCF Poster!

Jeanne, sorry to hear he isn't being supportive. But it's your health and you have to do what's best for you. I'm prediabetic as well. I have to get my blood sugar and cholesterol numbers again the last week of March. Hoping they are better and I can weigh in at about 175 or less at that appointment.

Thanks for the heads up on the bagels and buns. I don't use any alternatives right now. I found low carb tortillas so I put those on list for later. Currently I try not to eat processed stuff since it is such a slippery slope for me. I will have to slowly reintroduced things slowly as I get closer to my goal. But definitely not introducing anything before my vacation though. I have my doctors appt and the following week is my vacation hence I need to be at my best twofold.

Goals:
Old 01-16-2017, 10:29 AM   #126
Going2
Senior LCF Member

Kal - Hope you take it as a compliment--I am borrowing your determination and getting some inspiration! Like "I'm not doing excuses" and getting yourself into the gym with cramps--you rock! Lots of LCFs have "cheat days," we all know total deprivation is not sustainable. Whatever works for you is the best plan, and even if you need to tweak it or try something new now and then. Hope the gym scale is happy to see you today!

Jeanne - That makes me sad your DH is unsupportive, he could be making such a difference. Is it because he resents you watching your weight or is scared you'll change? Mine is supportive "on the inside": he is happy for me to try this (yet again) and no pressure, but also doesn't say anything like "good job," ask how I'm doing when he sees me weighing food/logging stuff in my tracker, or give me some kudos when I do the treadmill. Maybe they just don't want to jinx us if they've seen us struggle before.

Speaking of breads, the La Tortilla Factory large size are perfect for personal LC pizzas, using no-sugar pizza sauce (love Don Pepino's) and generous cheese, and some pepperoni or just a sprinkle of pizza herbs. Have also used them as lasagna noodles.

Guess if I have a carb weakness, it's for pasta and wine. Used to mix shirataki noodles and Dreamfields together but that's still too carby for right now, especially when you eat a TON of it. Switching to dry champagne and the occ. no-carb vodka tonic for the weekend or social events have knocked off some wine carbs, although have to be mindful again that alc. calories get burned before your own fat does in ketosis.

Did a 2-mile treadmill walk but had to push through feeling lazy and having some soreness from all the other stuff the past few days--if Kal can push herself to get out a workout done when she's not feeling it, so can I!

With several of us mentioning pre-diabetes, think I'll start testing again starting tomorrow, see where I am.
Old 01-16-2017, 10:51 AM   #127
ladyboss7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 217 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: starting over AGAIN
Good morning everyone!

Crazy busy weekend.....someone went on vandalism spree and slashed tires all over town this weekend and hit 2 of the apartment communities I manage....did some serious damage!! Police caught them already, a gang of teen's.....it's a shame though, they did so much damage it's felony status.

Outside of that, I did well, stayed on plan all weekend.....the scale is being mean this morning, trying to tell me that I'm up 2 pounds....whatever, I'm on plan, I'm in ketosis and I'm feeling good....the scale will just have to catch up!

How's everyone else doing?

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

231 225 215 210 200 195 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
ladyboss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 11:01 AM   #128
kal
Major LCF Poster!

Going2, I'm glad my posts are helpful. I've done too many excuses for far too long. I'm super adamant that I will succeed. If I could have lost quarter of a pound for every excuse I've made over the years of dieting I'd be so thin haha and I'm only turning 26 this month. That's just sad. So I just can't keep making excuses because excuses led me to my highest weight and I can't go back there. So borrow all you like because I got plenty of determination to go around.

Goals:
Old 01-16-2017, 12:47 PM   #129
Crazy1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Crazy1
Stats: 198/176/140
WOE: Lower Carb/ IF
Hello Friends,

to everyone who had losses for the week and to those who gave it a good shot. Some of our bodies are stubborn and do not let go easily.

I did the up, down dance as usual but my "official" weigh in showed a loss of 2 pounds. Not bad for me as it usually is a pound or less. I do weigh daily, actually, twice a day, morning and night but I do my "official' weigh in on Mondays. I use the as a tool to keep on track and having an "official" weigh in on Monday helps me stay accountable over the weekend.

Jeanne, I don't think I will need surgery. My "injury" was in October and I have regained a fair bit of motion since then, however, I am still having trouble with some movements and have occasionally wrenched my shoulder again while sleeping. The pain is excruciating.....I would rather have a baby!

I only had my ultrasound last week and don't meet with my doc for results until the end of the month. I should have gone to the doc sooner but I wasn't home long enough to make any appointments.

And would you believe that my "injury" was caused by reading all those days when I was so sick! Absolutely amazing how our bodies react to "overuse". I reclined on my chaise lounge and stressed my poor biceps . I am unique! Other people have sports injuries, or work related injuries, or they fall.....not me.....reading did me in!

Hope you all have a wonderful week.

Onward and downward!

Triumph!
Crazy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 03:00 PM   #130
jedsnj
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jedsnj
Stats: 243.5/237.5/199
WOE: Low Carbing any way I can
Start Date: Jan 8 2017...starting over for the ???? time.
Happy Beginning to week 2
I was on the run all weekend, had alittle bump in the road with eating...really I drove straight off the road.Don't worry not to much damage, still ended up with a 2 pound loss. I read some of the posts but need to run will be back after things calm down.........looks like we are regrouping for round 2 and looking good.

12 WEEK SPRING FEVER CHALLENGE!!
Start 243.5-241.5-240-241.5 down 2
1st Week Down 2/ 241.5
No carb was safe this week, from this eating machine!
2nd Week 244.5 3rd Week 237.5 4th Week -2 =235.5 5th wk 235
jedsnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 06:18 PM   #131
kal
Major LCF Poster!

Already getting tested

So my no excuse tactic already got tested hard today. I told you guys earlier about cramping and pushing through to make sure I went but thats that's not how everything went down. Got ready for the gym it's cold and rainy. I slipped and fell and hit my head on my driveway. Sprawled across the I've ice and I just begin to laugh because what else can I do. I pick up everything that obviously went flying everywhere. Got in my car and boy did I look like a mess. My hair was everywhere. Elbow scratched up a bit. And I'll definitely have bruises tomorrow on my elbow, butt, and all down my side. Also I got a bit of a headache which is finally going away now. Clothes all wet. So imagine all that on top of menstrual cramps. You're probably thinking i probably should just use that as a sign to stay home but nope I went to the gym and did the full class. The people there probably thought I looked like a mess because well I did and I will fully acknowledge that. But I still made it and I pushed myself. I won't make another excuse. If I could get through all that, then I can get through everything else without making an excuse. Running on sheer willpower and determination at this point.

Goals:
Old 01-16-2017, 08:35 PM   #132
betsielou
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betsielou
Stats: 170/134/130
WOE: low carb, no particular diet
Start Date: 09/02/2016
Kal- Ouch you are going to be so sore tomorrow, between falling and then exercising ! Better start the ibuprofen tonight. I hope you are OK. I think your determination will pay off in the end.

Tammy- Glad you had a good weekend on plan, but too bad about the tire slashing. I just can't understand teens sometimes. And a felony is no laughing matter.

Jeanne- My DH supports me verbally but is not interested in changing his diet...yet. It is hard sometimes, but I am pretty determined and so his weaknesses (junk food) have not hendered me so far. One thing that he has supported me in so far is for New Years I made a resolution for our family...no more soda, and so far so good on that so we will see how long it lasts. My oldest DS has protested the most vocally.

Norma Jean- Hope you cliff hanger doesn't set you back too far.

Crazy1- I am a twice a day weigher too. It's always interesting to me to see what I weigh at bedtime vs morning. My official weigh day had been Tuesday, but now it is Wednesday. And no one ever told you of the dangers of reading .

We've had rain everyday for a week now...I think I need webbed feet. Take DH to dr this week to get the stitches out of his foot, and DS has a follow up from his appendix surgery.

Hope everyone has a great week!!!
Old 01-16-2017, 08:41 PM   #133
Janilyn
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Janilyn
Stats: 157/145/138
Start Date: September 20, 2016
Thanks, everyone!!

I went back to the urgent care today. Round 2 of antibiotics. The first round was a z-pac. The nurse practitioner today said z-pacs do not work very well for people in this part of the country. She also said that the patients she sees NEVER have to come back because they did not get better. The NP I saw 8 days ago asked me what I thought I should take. Heck, I don't know! I said z-pac had worked before but the 5 day pack she prescribed was half the strength of what I had previously taken. So now I have a different, stronger antibiotic that I will take for 10 days. I have been sick almost 2 weeks. I went back to work last week but that is all I have been doing, working and sleeping.

I think my weight is up a few pounds. I didn't had the energy to get to the grocery or to cook so I have ordered out several times or just made do with what I have here.

I did get to the grocery today and have decided to go back to how I was eating last summer when I was doing the anti-inflammatory diet. I am adding more fruits and veggies and eliminating dairy, gluten, sugar. Yes, I had eliminated all of these before the holidays but somehow they slipped back in.
Janilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 10:56 PM   #134
Janilyn
Senior LCF Member

I am halfway caught up reading posts.

Welcome, Going2 and Kal!!

Way to go to everyone on your first week weight losses!!
Jeanne, how is the 5-HTP working? I used to take it for depression. Thanks for sharing what you are doing to help stay on track.

I love yoga. You don’t have to be super flexible or able to do exotic poses, you just stretch as far as can, as far as is comfortable. The first time I ever did yoga was at home alone with a Ali MacGraw’s video, Yoga Mind & Body. Search for it on Youtube and see what you think. I followed along and did what I could and felt good when it was over. I couldn’t do a lot of what she did, so I did what I could and laid on the floor watching her when I couldn’t. It was very relaxing. Rodney Yee has some good beginner yoga on youtube.
Norma, don’t worry what you post. Just post. We love heaing from you. We aren’t easily offended.

Crazy, you have the same plan as me for water. I buy one of those 52 ounce plastic cups with lid and straw at the gas station. 37 cents empty or filled with ice. I keep one at work and have a big drink every time I get back to the office. I have one at home at all times either on the kitchen or bathroom counter. I drink at least 2 full cups a day.
Old 01-16-2017, 11:44 PM   #135
Janilyn
Senior LCF Member

I love how much everyone is posting!

Carol, best of luck with your new plan!

Kal, where are you traveling to?

I don’t know if I ever said, I have had a sinus infection. One plus, each time I filled my prescription, I got a $25 gift card for Meijer’s! I used it for groceries both times.

Betsie, you need webbed feet. It is raining like crazy here, too. We were lucky and the ice missed us. Mom and Dad were staying at the casino in St. Louis, heard about the ice storm at 9:30 PM, got out of bed, dressed, packed and drove 3.5 hours to get back home. Good thing they did. St. Louis was hit hard!
Old 01-17-2017, 05:14 AM   #136
kal
Major LCF Poster!

Betsie, yeah I definitely had to take a Tylenol last night. I was super sore so finding a position to sleep wasn't easy even after the Tylenol.

Janilyn, hope you feel better soon. I have a Caribbean cruise in a couple months. No dairy, gluten, or sugar is great.are you trying to do it long term? I'm doing no processed foods paired with low carb for the month. So I am pretty much living off veggies and lean meats. I don't eat fruit because I tend to overdo it and I'm insulin resistant so better I just steer clear. I'm only probably going to try it this month, but guess that depends on how the monthly weigh in goes lol. If I drop quite a bit might have to stick it out for the full length of the challenge haha.

Goals:
Old 01-17-2017, 05:24 AM   #137
Going2
Senior LCF Member

Kal - OMG, how scary! You are sure to be hurting today from that fall, so be extra kind to yourself. And for still going to the gym--you definitely aced that test!

Jan - Wow on making a run for it from the ice storm! Bummer on your infection being resistant, you must be having some serious fatigue about now. And who knew a sinus infection can be financially sound! Hope you feel better fast on the new AB! I bought the DDP Yoga serious on impulse and yep, still in the box. It attracted me because of it being geared to men so it is more straightforward, without "ohm" and new age overtones.

Crazy - So if reading caused your injury, does that mean it's considered a workout? Hope you recover quickly and congrats on the 2 lbs. down!

Betsie - You sure sound soggy! Rain now means a pretty spring later, right? Just trying to see the positive, heh heh, although a bunch of rainy days sure can be dreary and de-motivating.

Norma Jean - Hear that having a cheat day can stimulate loss too, maybe that's what happened to you. Good to hear you're down 2lbs. even after indulging.

Am inexplicably up a pound this morning after a great eating day at only 14 carbs and 1,700 cals. and walking 2 miles. This is where my mind starts the games, like "why bother" or "I'm a failure." And no, it can't be muscle mass, am nowhere near having done hard and long enough exercise, there goes that excuse. 6 slices of lunchmeat ham and lots of dijon mustard were included in yesterday's eating, so maybe it's salt bloating.

Hate, hate, HATE watching every bite I eat right now, the measuring and logging and struggling to not overeat, but it's so important to get this groove going initially and know it'll get easier the more I do it. Just wish I had some downward scale movement, no matter how small, to keep me buoyed.

DH is home sick today, so there goes my private time to re-focus. Guess I'd better get used to it for when he retires this summer.
Old 01-17-2017, 05:52 AM   #138
kal
Major LCF Poster!

Going2, I definitely hurt but still doing my prescheduled workouts. Don't have time for setbacks so can't let anything stop me. The one pound must be water from sodium. And 2 miles can definitely tone up your legs over time. Keep doing what you're doing. It will be fine. You are doing good.

Goals:
Old 01-17-2017, 07:49 AM   #139
MrsVardy
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MrsVardy
Stats: 269.6/258.6/190
Start Date: 1/1/2017
Hi everyone, I just wanted to check in - I hope everyone is doing great! I am still very strong on plan which excites me. Down 4 pounds last week, hoping for at least 2 this week. KUTGW!
MrsVardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 08:39 AM   #140
Going2
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsVardy View Post
I am still very strong on plan which excites me. Down 4 pounds last week, hoping for at least 2 this week.
Woo-hoo--you sound so energized!
Old 01-17-2017, 08:54 AM   #141
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: PACarolsue
Stats: 217/202/? 5'2"
WOE: Whatever Works
Start Date: Tomorrow
I thought I posted last night. Whre did it go? Oh well.

Kal, I'm sorry to hear about your fall. I would have been right back in the house. Good for you for continuing on to the gym. I hope you didn't do any serious damage beyond aches and pain and bruising.

Tammy, what's with these kids that they have nothing better to do? Is that actually fun? I hope they are duly punished. So many of these situations result in a slap on the wrist.

Hi Mrs Vardy. Good to see that you are progressing well!

Going2, I get the "why bother" attitude often. I can understand. Cheat days or cheat meals work well for some. For me, it turns into a cheat week or cheat month. I'm much better off, once I get in the groove, to just stay in the groove. One slip and I slide all the way to the bottom of the hill. It's a long climb back up.

"The first step to solving a problem is to admit that one exists."
Dr Jason Fung
PACarolsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 09:00 AM   #142
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Yesterday I ate zero carb and very low calories by accident. The scale shocked me this morning by showing 202. Three pounds to Onderland. I couldn't believe my eyes. Not changing my stats until I see it stick. It could be dehydration. Blood sugar is down 50 points this morning, also. I won't say how high my blood sugar has been running lately, but seeing a 50 point drop is very encouraging. I doubt I will ever see 85, or even under 100 for that matter. I guess I have been following my new plan. The biggest changes I've made is eating something first thing in the AM and last thing at night. But it's something small, not a big meal No more intermittent fasting. I did not exercise, except I did do a few fast laps around Walmart, which is something I try to do when they aren't busy.

DH is a carboholic and will never change. Going from the way I ate/exercised when I was single to the way he eats after we married resulted in an 80 lb weight gain. It was my own fault, I let it happen. Now I have decided enough is enough. I have learned to ignore his snacks and carby food. It's actually better if we eat out, because we can each choose what we want. Most restaurants have some type of salad with protein and that's my usual choice. Grilled chicken or steak salad, chef's salad, and one place has a nice salad with tuna in it. I rarely order anything else. If I cook at home, there's always a carb for him, potatoes, rice, pasta but I only eat the protein and veggies. The thing that kills me is leftovers. It's hard to cook only for 2 people, and I end up eating the leftovers, which I don't need. It's hard to throw it out but I'm learning that it's better down the disposal than in my belly.

We did have a habit of stopping at the dairy queen regularly for ice cream. The past 2 summers I made a rule. I can stop once a season, and I stuck to it. For a while, we had a problem because he wanted to stop, but if I didn't want to, he would not stop. In the past , I would eat it so he would. No more. I told him if he's going to not stop because I didn't want any it was going to be a long time before he had ice cream again, so now he stops and gets it for himself. The same with McDonalds. They really don't have anything I like. I would stop and get something just because he wanted it, but no more. If you want it, get it. Don't make me eat it. Also, he loves breakfast out. We used to do a breakfast buffet in town. I just refuse now. I will go, but I will order the little $3.99 breakfast and just eat the eggs and sausage. As a result, he will not order the buffet. He will either get over it, or he will also just get a small breakfast and be happy with it. I'm not doing these things to be mean, but I want to get back to my old eating. I was happier and healthier. It seems to me that if I'm happier, he will be too. No?

All I can say to those of you who are pre-diabetic....stop it NOW before it goes further. I didn't and I'm paying. Small changes now will stop it from progressing. I am full blown diabetic and it's h*ll.

I hate to sound like Oprah, but I love bread. It spikes my blood sugar so high! I can remember the days when I would buy a loaf of italian bread and sit with a stick of butter and eat the whole thing. Or home made bread right out of the oven. No such thing as a small slice for me. I won't try the low carb substitutes because for me, it's still bread. I will overeat on it, or it will get it in my mind that I can eat bread. I can't. Occasionally I will eat a slice of garlic toast with my salad and dip it in ranch dressing. Maybe a couple times a year or so. For me, a burger is meat, cheese, lettuce, tomato and onion on a plate. When he wants Subway, I pull the meat and cheese off it and mix it up in a bowl of lettuce. Same with pizza. Pull off the cheese and toppings and mix it in a bowl of lettuce.

That 202 on the scale really has me pumped.

Dr Jason Fung
Old 01-17-2017, 10:14 AM   #143
kal
Major LCF Poster!

Carol, I am fine overall. My neck is bothering me a bit but I slept weird so I'm just going to blame it on that. I had an ex like your husband he always wanted me to join him. I have never been thin but I gained 40 pounds during those few years.luckily I worked hard and got those 40 back off. unfortunately he wasn't like your husband And my ex kept pushing me to join him in eating unhealthy foods so we broke up. He always complained about his weight but never did anything to try to change. He had about 70-80 pounds to lose. We still hang out occasionally and he still hasn't tried to change his ways and always suggest unhealthy foods we can order. Luckily I just think how far I've come and my goals as I politely declined. Sounds like you're laying down the law and he's trying so I'd give him a gold star for trying not to

Goals:
Old 01-17-2017, 10:32 AM   #144
Crazy1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Crazy1
Stats: 198/176/140
WOE: Lower Carb/ IF
Good Morning Friends,

Oh my Kal, you sure have determination. If I took a fall like that, I would have given up my plans and taken a hot bath......and probably curl up with a good book. Hope you aren't too sore.

Sorry to hear you are so sick, Jan. Not fun. Get well soon!

Going2, yeah, your blip was probably just sodium. It will soon be gone. As for reading as a workout....who knew? I guess holding the same position for hours, over and over is over use but I know my trainer wouldn't call it a workout.

Doing great Mrs. Vardy. Hang in there.

Carol, I agree with you that leftovers are better in the disposal than in the belly. What you are doing sounds great. Onederland will soon be yours.

Stayed the same today but that's kinda how I roll.....maybe tomorrow.

Onward and downward!

Triumph!
Crazy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 10:33 AM   #145
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Kal, my DH rarely gains an ounce. If he does, he just cuts out the cakes etc for a while and it comes right back off. He is one who's always moving, very physical, so I guess he just burns it all off. I don't think he's doing this purposely, but just doesn't want to eat unless I'm eating with him. When we started dating, he was always taking me out for all this great food. I told him that I couldn't eat like that and he said "You're thin, You can eat whatever you want." Boy did I prove him wrong.

Dr Jason Fung
Old 01-17-2017, 11:30 AM   #146
kal
Major LCF Poster!

Crazy, I really just laid there on the ice and was slightly thankful for my extra cushion for a few seconds lol. I'm fine though. my side and butt and arm are bruised today. And my arm is scraped up a little. But it could have been worse. A bath does sound nice maybe after my gym session tonight I'll fit one in since I did my meal prep last night.

Seriously I'm just proud of myself because I can see the mental change occurring. I fell got up and went to the gym and proceeded to come home shower and meal prep. Which I'm so thankful I did today because I had no more pre- prepped meals left and I don't want to go off my plan. Setbacks can only be a setback if you allow it. Weight loss isn't just a physical but also a mental battle.

Carol, yeah he seems to like the companion aspect. It's something you've done for years together. It's something you've done since the beginning when you guys were dating. Seems like it's out of habit and getting to spend time with you. If he's very active and always moving try to shift towards that side. I know you mentioned wanting to be active. Perhaps walk around the block or a park. Spend time together that way instead of based around food. Obviously only a suggestion take it or leave it. You are managing obviously I see that you're almost to onederland!

Goals:
Old 01-17-2017, 12:43 PM   #147
Going2
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kal View Post
Weight loss isn't just a physical but also a mental battle.
Right on, sister!

You're setting a great example of pushing through and it's rubbing off on me. DH was sick this morning, throwing off the morning routine and head game I had ready for the day. Finally ran out to grab some grocery items and came home famished, figured I'd have to pass on any walking with the day half gone, needing to eat lunch, and having a whole list of chores to do.

Nope, if Kal can get to the gym with battle wounds I certainly can get my walk done with just a case of de-motivation! Finally used the walking shoes as intended and slipped them on pronto without changing clothes and got an easy mile done 20 minutes later!

Score one for today's win!
Old 01-17-2017, 02:56 PM   #148
kal
Major LCF Poster!

Going2, way to go!

Goals:
Old 01-17-2017, 06:08 PM   #149
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Good job, both of you, inspiring each other!

I did very well with my food again today. Right now I'm fighting the urge to eat something. It's not really hunger, but maybe just a little bit. I don't usually eat sweets but DH bought some cookies I like. They are store bought sugar cookies and are not real sweet, so that's why I like them. There is a possibility that he bought them because he knows I like them. To tempt me. The open package is sitting on the counter calling my name, and I'm trying to ignore it. I will succeed. I will eat something small before bed, as part of my new eating plan. But it won't be a cookie. It will be a piece of chicken breast that's leftover or a hard cooked egg.

Dr Jason Fung
Old 01-18-2017, 04:56 AM   #150
Going2
Senior LCF Member

Proof the struggle is so real. Great fight there!

Sooo ... one thing I forgot about doing induction <TMI warning> is that it can bind you up due to lower fiber intake. In addition to a small salad or some celery sticks, I've been including a preventive packet of SF Metamucil daily but guess that isn't enough; have been great about drinking water. Had to take something stronger last night to get things "moving along," which they haven't yet, BTW. Hope it's not all the mystery weight I gained.

Was hoping for a Whoosh Fairy visit after having a great eating and exercising day but, nope, she didn't grace me with her presence. This is the challenge of being metabolically resistant.

My "game" of leaving sticky notes around the house to remind me to do little sets of exercises is working, so I made more permanent versions out of cardboard, some hexagons that I rotate to the next number each time I do a set. DH was impressed. Not doing all of these yet, nor 5 reps either, just building for the future here.

Thanks to everyone for your support, means a lot. At day 10 of this challenge hope you are feeling some strength and determination, no matter how small--we are in this TOGETHER.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hexagon Exercise Reminders.jpg (38.1 KB, 8 views)