Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 01-29-2017, 11:13 AM   #241
Janilyn
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Janilyn
Stats: 157/145/138
Start Date: September 20, 2016
Carol, good for you getting right back on plan!!

Norma Jean, I try to remember to write my posts in Word or in an email to myself so I don’t lose what I wrote. So frustrating when you lose a whole post. Yes, a quarter or a pound lost for every restart. Anything tropical, sunny, with a beach sounds wonderful!

Going2, your sunshine sure does sound energizing. Snow on the way here today.
Janilyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2017, 07:18 PM   #242
ladyboss7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 217 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: starting over AGAIN
We're all going to the Bahama's to have fuzzy navels??? I'm in!!!

Jan, I've tried to like the shirataki noodles a couple of times.....I just couldn't seem to get them to work. I've heard several others say they liked them....but I didn't care for them.

Carol, I'm very impressed that you can have a pasta dinner and get right back on plan.....Seriously! Carbs don't really trigger cravings for me, but I seem to instantly gain.

Norma Jean, I don't think I'm familiar with Heller's....what's their diet plan like?

Well, I did lots of food prep today for this week. I made meatballs, Spinach Lasagna, Cauliflower cheese bread sticks, Taco meat, and I have all the stuff ready for a quick and easy Chicken Parm. I also have stuff for breadless Rubens, and an assortment of cheese, nuts, and olives.....I'm ready for the week! Sleep well and here's to a great Monday!!

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

231 225 215 210 200 195 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
ladyboss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 08:33 PM   #243
betsielou
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betsielou
Stats: 170/134/130
WOE: low carb, no particular diet
Start Date: 09/02/2016
Boy do I need some inspiration or something. I don't feel like this has been a good month for me, I haven't gained but haven't lost either. Going to try to buckle down this week and get things moving again.

Tammy your zeal is contagious though, I should do more prepping. Can you share your breadless Ruben recipe, I think my DH would like it. Is it like a casserole or something?

Actually you are all an encouragement to me and I am glad to come on here and read everyone's posts, I am just feeling sorry for myself tonight. Tomorrow is a new day and I will succeed!!!

Have a great week everyone!!!
Old 01-30-2017, 07:03 AM   #244
Going2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Going2
Stats: 223/205(166)/150 5'8"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2003
Happy Monday, fellow Spring-Challengers!

The tofu shirataki noodles taste better, more like pasta, with just a kiss of added carbs, so that's what we use, give them a good rinse and then treat them like regular pasta, will mix with some Dreamfields pasta for DH. Just need to chew them real well <ahem> since they don't digest well, kind go thru ya.

Tammy - Good move getting food ready in advance, always helps with staying on track instead of reaching for quick fixes.

Jan - Woohoo to all the walking without realizing it--what a wonderful surprise--and validation for your hard work! I tried WW a few years ago and enjoyed the meetings that were so motivating and full of tips. But I am a major introvert with a touch of social anxiety and dreaded the weigh-ins and sitting in a room full of people that sometimes did activities. I just felt too "exposed" and dropped out after a few weeks. I was doing the online version too but it wasn't the same.Was thinking of re-starting but they moved to an inconvenient location. Think WW is more LC-friendly now?

Carol - Thanks for sharing the Heller info., so interesting how many variations there are for weight loss WOEs, good for trying to find one that fits. "It all depends on the person's ability to stick to the plan"--true that!

We awoke to snow-covered trees and it coated everything except the streets--perfect! I love how the reflective snow makes everything brighter inside the house, great for mood! Our cray-cray weather will have us in the 50s tomorrow, go figure.

As you know I've been in a slump but finally did a weigh-in this morning to check the damage. The good news is I've averaged 1 lb. weekly, so not too bad. The bad news is that I need to lose 2 lbs./week to make my Onederland goal by the end of this challenge April 3. It's certainly doable, but need to buckle down on my head-game. I almost dropped out of the challenge over the weekend, but decided I'm not a quitter and if I don't make goal, at least I will be more self aware and have started some small things to get me in the right direction: the online tracker, my "little games" of exercises, and getting those walking shoes to hop on the treadmill at a moment's notice no matter how much I walk--it all adds up.

On that note, off to get some walking done to start this week!
Going2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 07:52 AM   #245
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: PACarolsue
Stats: 217/200/? 5'2"
WOE: Whatever Works
Start Date: Tomorrow
I am down 3 lbs for the month. Better than nothing but not what I wanted. But you can't be falling off the wagon and expect success. My doing.

Here is a funny story. Do you know how old people tend to blurt things out? Yesterday we were standing in a restaurant waiting to be seated when an old man walked by. He poked me in the belly and said "You pregnant?" ha ha I didn't know if I should be insulted that he thought I looked pregnant, or flattered that he thought I looked young enough to be pregnant!" DH said to go with the latter.

Tammy,
congratulations on the great promotion!

"The first step to solving a problem is to admit that one exists."
Dr Jason Fung
PACarolsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 10:36 AM   #246
Crazy1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Crazy1
Stats: 198/176/140
WOE: Lower Carb/ IF
Good Morning Friends,

I am still here. I leave next Sunday so it's gonna be a busy week. Still need to finish the year end for our business and get it off to the accountants, figure out what I am taking with me and DD is coming for a quick visit so I need a day to do mommy/daughter things.( mani, pedi, haircuts, tea) And DD will finally get her Christmas presents!

I know weight loss is a slow go but we are all in this together. My loss so far is only 2 pound. It was up to 4 pounds at one point but I bounce up and down and today I am back to only a 2 pound loss. It's probably salt and that what I have to take it with....a grain of salt. The weight WILL come off; I just need to be patient.

Yes, Benefiber has wheat dextrin ; I either buy Benefiber or a store brand fiber and the store brand is inulin. Sorry for the confusion.

Oh, Carol, I can just imagine my father poking you....he has no filters...... but yes, be flattered. My father told my SIL that a homeless person on the street looked just like her. About the same age, about 40, only SIL didn't have dead eyes. WHAT???? But SIL is going to be 60 so she figured being "40" was ok. Old guys are something else!

Well, I better go do something with my bat wings......

Wishing you all a wonderful Monday.

Onward and downward.

Triumph!
Crazy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 11:24 AM   #247
ladyboss7
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everyone!

Off to a busy start for Monday (as always!) Doing well here, still losing, thankfully!! Yes, I'm SO GLAD I took the time to prep yesterday, it's been very satisfying to know I have so much food prepped and ready to go!

Betsie, no, my bread-less Ruben isn't a casserole, it's just a few ounces of corned beef with a little sauerkraut, and thousand island dressing, with Swiss cheese melted on top of it and sprinkled with a few caraway seeds for "Rye" effect. It's quick and easy and since I love Rubens, it's very satisfying!

Carol, that is so darn funny!! Definitely go with the compliment!

Crazy1, so exciting you get to go on such a nice trip!! Do take pictures so the rest of us can live vicariously through your adventure!!

Well all, I hope everyone else is well and having a great Monday!!

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

Old 01-30-2017, 11:52 AM   #248
jbatchelor
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/187.5/148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
hello girls--I too stepped on the scale--it wasn't pretty and I just can't allow it any longer--I have been on plan -this is the 4th day but usually there is a loss but not this time---ouch--I also got the results of my blood work--I am almost 3 times higher than I need to be with my thyroid--so with a small increase in dosage I hope that this also restarts my losing a little? my TSH needs to be repressed to keep the cancer at bay and this is not a good thing--I hate to wait 4 months before he decides to check my lab again--such is life I guess?

Crazy--nice to have your daughter come for a visit--we also have Christmas presents to our granddaughter in Indy area--hopefully that will be taken care of soon? enjoy your trip and please share all the details.. I enjoy getting the geography lessons that your traveling makes me do...

Going2 and Carol and Crazy--congrats girls on the weight loss--any loss is a big positive here--thanks for the loss incentives.

Going2-so glad you decided to stay here for the challenge--I have that quitting thought run through my mind especially when I haven't stayed on plan--but if I give up--all is lost! Hang in there!!!

well-it has been a busy morning--I still have things to accomplish yet today and then some cooking for dinner so I can't stay and visit...

Jeanne

“It’s in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped.” ~Anthony Robbins

Each decision that you make indicates what you think you are worth~
~~A Course in Miracles~~

Last edited by jbatchelor; 01-30-2017 at 11:55 AM..
jbatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 11:53 AM   #249
jedsnj
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jedsnj
Stats: 243.5/237.5/199
WOE: Low Carbing any way I can
Start Date: Jan 8 2017...starting over for the ???? time.
Good Morning Ladies. it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood plus it is weight in day. I am happy not only that I am Blessed to see another sunrise but with 3 weeks of our challenge I lost 6#s with help and support from being with y'all.

I see that some of us feels like I have once or twice since starting on Jan 9 to make a commitment to myself to be a better me. The feelings for me was just insecurity of not belonging to your group of old friends, that I'm not smart enough to make elegant post using proper form or spelling, just not being in touch with so much going on, and the many times that I have tried to DIET (4-letter word ) only to gain it all back 10xs over and over again. Telling myself that I can not do this. But yes we can at this point we have really no choices not to do better, giving up is not an option if we want better for our-selfs.
I have great-grand children that I want to enjoy the youngest is 7 and she is very busy. But most of all I want to feel the best I can,for ME and not carry all the extra bloat, fat and health issues as a weight around my ankles every day.
I don't know all the fancy foods, exercise programs or other things shared here but I do know that I am a good listener, give a supportive-That a Girl, and good hugs. I have raised 11 kids and come from a large family so there isn't anything that I haven't heard or dealt with....so I do understand....Trust me, and I know we eat for more reasons than hunger...life is real.

12 WEEK SPRING FEVER CHALLENGE!!
Start 243.5-241.5-240-241.5 down 2
1st Week Down 2/ 241.5
No carb was safe this week, from this eating machine!
2nd Week 244.5 3rd Week 237.5 4th Week -2 =235.5 5th wk 235
jedsnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 12:10 PM   #250
jedsnj
Junior LCF Member

Tammy Your smile and that Grand-baby warms my heart each time I see your post. I want to come to your house, that food prep for the wk sounds so yummy. Ya on the scales going down- you have so many good things going for you right now...it had too !!!

The Heller's started out as low carb-Low Carbohydrate addiction working with the ideal of an over release of hormones and insulin. Now they do Stress eating and other things. I do not promote them or follow them, haven't for years but I do find myself falling back into old habits that have helped me in the past like the one hr window...but never every day.

You have a great day and keep em straight BOSS

1st Week Down 2/ 241.5
Old 01-30-2017, 12:21 PM   #251
jedsnj
Junior LCF Member

Bestielou Feeling better this morning I all ready know your answer, it is YES. You held your own with the weight, regrouped and off to another start today. I am proud of you. If you was a quitter you would be gone all ready..and I still see that cute cow. Honey it is so many things this time of year that effects us....Holidays are over and all the pretty decorations/lights,excitement,festivals/food..oh the food has been traded out for grayer/colder skies and back to the same ole same ole. How can we not be a little depressed. I want to thank you for being one of the first ladies to welcome me into this thread and for being here....I look forward to seeing you.

1st Week Down 2/ 241.5

Last edited by jedsnj; 01-30-2017 at 12:23 PM..
Old 01-30-2017, 12:53 PM   #252
jedsnj
Junior LCF Member

Going2 Way to go with your loss, I know not what you hoped for but it is early in the challenge and there is still time left. No dropouts here...just taking a slower path to get to where we are going....think positive!! Glad the snow was in your favor. We are originally from VA, Daddy from Fredericksburg,Momma from Covington/Clifton Forge and I know the snows can be wicked. In 1996 we had over 48 inches. How was the walk? Do have one of those trackers, I don't walk enough to invest in one, but I have been trying to get out more.

Carol 3 down is that if a month or the 3 wks since challenge, either way I'M PROUD of you. Crazy old men, glad you didn't hurt him, I would. Bet you do look good/young.

Crazy1 Are you doing the happy dance not for the 2#s you are down but because DD is coming and having Mom/DD days. And after all of that a trip, Wow.

Jeanne Sorry to hear the results on the thyroid test are high and yes waiting is scary when we are dealing with our health. I will be looking with you for the scales to start going down with the increased meds, but most of all I want you to feel better. Now more important..whats for dinner?

1st Week Down 2/ 241.5
Old 01-30-2017, 01:05 PM   #253
Janilyn
Senior LCF Member

I knew 100 miles sounded like a lot for 1 month. It tracked back 6 weeks.

Tammy, wow!! You did a LOT of food prep. Way to go!

Betsie, I understand how you feel. It is hard when we stay on plan and do not see changes. I sometimes have a hard time remembering that this is process. I have to stop and look at the progress I have made, get my motivation back up, and keep going.

Going2, I will have to give the tofu noodles a try. Averaging one pound a week is good, that much closer to goal. Good job! I have sure had my ups and downs since joining this group 5 months ago and have averaged 2 pounds a month because I have lost and gained several times.

Weight Watchers is very low carb friendly now. I played around with the point values last night, trying different foods for a day, and always came up with 60 or less carbs per day. I tried a low carb/high fat day and that was also possible. Vegetables and fruits are both 0 points so that would raise the carbs, depending which ones and how much.

I had to push past my comfort zone to go to the meetings and last time only lasted about a month.

Your snow sounds beautiful!! Keep up the good work exercising!
Old 01-30-2017, 01:08 PM   #254
jedsnj
Junior LCF Member

Jan Did you get your snow, we will be 72 today, yes I am rubbing it in. Sorry I do love snow, just not cold. Thanks for the heads up about using Word, not sure if this laptop has it will need to check into it...I just push buttons until I find things or have an oops, lol. It is a kinda cat and mouse game we all play between being accountable or sabotaging our selfs but not only in weight loss. You have a good handle on it with all that walking you do with your job, and a mindset to do better...You will do great ! Are you going to do the WW plan, with the lc ? Years ago I tried followed it to a T and gained weight, I am so carb sensitive. What ever you decide you are all ready a winner.

1st Week Down 2/ 241.5
Old 01-30-2017, 01:12 PM   #255
jedsnj
Junior LCF Member

Jan you was posting as I was, Hi. Glad you looked into the lc version of WW.

1st Week Down 2/ 241.5
Old 01-30-2017, 01:30 PM   #256
Janilyn
Senior LCF Member

Carol, way to go on 3 pounds! Good job!! That was a funny story. Yes, take it as a compliment.

Crazy, enjoy your Mother/Daughter self-care beauty day and Merry Christmas!! Yes, we are all in this together through the ups and downs. You all keep me going and coming back. OMG Your FIL! She doesn’t have dead eyes. What a thing to say.

Tammy, happy Monday to you! I am going to do my food prep today or tomorrow. I am not really going to grill out but love that little guy.

Jeanne, hope the med increase helps your thyroid and weight loss. I hate that you have to wait so long see if it is helping.

Norma Jean, way to go on 6 pounds!! I think it is normal to feel that way when joining a new group but this is such a loving, supportive group, it is easy to fit right in.

Many of the ladies were here long before I started in September. I have learned so much from them!! It is neat that we have varied nutrition and exercise plans. I don’t have to know or understand all of them. I just need to figure out what works for me and most of all, keep going.

Since joining this group 5 months ago, I am down 10 pounds, down 1 pants size, feel and look better, and have all of you as friends!!
Old 01-30-2017, 01:51 PM   #257
Janilyn
Senior LCF Member

Yes, I thought you were rubbing it in but that is okay! We did not get any snow. Still cold but sunny today. I am lucky to be able to get that much walking in as part of my job. I need to add walking to get my heart rate up.

You are right! I sabotage myself in other areas of my life, too.

I am going to do low carb WW, staying below 60 grams a day. I will count the points but still track my food online.

After the first couple of weeks I didn't lose on the old WW way, either. This new point system has lowered the points for protein, is lower carb, and does not say you must have all those fruit and veggie servings every day.

I am actually still doing the same plan I was doing before WW but feel I need the in person weekly weigh ins and a live person to say, you lost weight this week and the little sticker they give you. I hope they still give stickers!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedsnj View Post
Jan Did you get your snow, we will be 72 today, yes I am rubbing it in. Sorry I do love snow, just not cold. Thanks for the heads up about using Word, not sure if this laptop has it will need to check into it...I just push buttons until I find things or have an oops, lol. It is a kinda cat and mouse game we all play between being accountable or sabotaging our selfs but not only in weight loss. You have a good handle on it with all that walking you do with your job, and a mindset to do better...You will do great ! Are you going to do the WW plan, with the lc ? Years ago I tried followed it to a T and gained weight, I am so carb sensitive. What ever you decide you are all ready a winner.
Old 01-30-2017, 02:52 PM   #258
betsielou
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betsielou
Stats: 170/134/130
WOE: low carb, no particular diet
Start Date: 09/02/2016
NOrma Jean- Thanks for the kind words, I do feel better today...guess I was just having a moment. The scale was still not nice today but that's OK I'm getting back w/it and it will play nice soon enough.

Tammy- thanks for sharing how you make the Ruben, have to give that a try as I know DH would like it. Hope you have a great week, you are all set.

Crazy- have fun w/your DD and on you trip!!!

Jan- lc WW, sounds interesting.

Jeanne- sorry your numbers weren't great. Hope the new dosage helps. Four month wait is going to seem so long, and yet time seems to fly these days.

Carol- you have such a great sense of humor some people probably would have hit that fellow. It seems there comes as age when people think they can say whatever they want and it's ok just because they are that age. Take the latter and have a great day.

I am going to the Dr tomorrow myself, will have blood work done again and just a few things to talk about (pain in side and spot on arm). Have a great week everyone!!!
Old 01-30-2017, 03:17 PM   #259
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: PACarolsue
Stats: 217/200/? 5'2"
WOE: Whatever Works
Start Date: Tomorrow
We woke up to snow on the ground for the past 5 days or so, but it's just enough to be an annoyance, and is usually gone by afternoon. Today it's cold enough that it's still on the grass. I've live in this climate all my life. I'm used to it. Just when I get tired of winter, spring comes along. Then when the spring rain starts to annoy me, along comes summer. When I just can't stand the heat and humidity for another minute, the leaves start falling and it's autumn. Then I look forward to Thanksgiving and Christmas, which bring winter back into play. Over and over for 71 years.

I had a delicious dinner. Salmon, with brussels sprouts and carrots, and a small baked potato. Yummy! DH didnt' want salmon, so I grilled a steak for him. Same sides.

Crazy, most of my cousins are way older than I am. I ran into one 80 some year old cousin in a restaurant. We hadn't seen each other for a while. He was seated 2 rows over. He looked at me and yelled "Boy did you gain weight!" I laughed and said "Now the whole restaurant knows I've gained weight!" Then everyone laughed. His wife was so embarassed that he said that, but what could I say? It was the truth! Old men. DH hasn't started that yet thank goodness.

Janilyn, I went to WW a few years ago. It was still the old points system, not this new one. But I still ate low carb. I don't like fruit much so I didn't eat any, but I did eat veggies. I just didn't eat any starchy carbs. It was working well for me, but it was too much money so I quit. I can't do it on my own. I too need the meetings and someone there weighing me. I also don't like trying to figure out the points. I don't eat much packaged food so I don't have nutrition labels to help me out. I find counting carbs or calories much easier.

Norma Jean, my 3 lb loss was from my recent high of 207. I was actually down to 201, which was 6 lbs, but then I regained 3, which makes a 3 lb net loss for the month. I am a work in progress. I have not been with this group very long. I chimed in toward the end of the last challenge. It's a great group. We are all struggling, and no one is judgemental.

Betsie, you maintained. I know you wanted to lose, but maintaining is good, too. Tomorrow is another day.

I hope you have a good DR visit.

"The first step to solving a problem is to admit that one exists."
Dr Jason Fung

Last edited by PACarolsue; 01-30-2017 at 03:20 PM..
PACarolsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 06:14 PM   #260
jbatchelor
Major LCF Poster!

Carol--your dinner sounds yummy--I love salmon but the DH won't eat it so I hardly ever buy it just for me..

Betsie--hope your doctor visit turns out great-it is a necessary evil to keep those appointments.

Has anyone here ever tried Trim Healthy Mama?? I keep reading about it but just don't know about buying another book--I have several in the que but never seem to get the time to start. I really need to try something different--I don't think I would stick with the egg fast but I keep thinking about it in the back of my head. I do need to start tracking again--haven't done that for months and I am sure it would be a big help--it just takes that time again..

I will see you all again tomorrow night. I agree that we have a good group here--I enjoy reading all the posts--I am not good with those individual posts--I applaud all of you who do those so well...Norma Jean I am in awe !

Jeanne

“It’s in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped.” ~Anthony Robbins

~~A Course in Miracles~~
Old 01-30-2017, 08:19 PM   #261
Janilyn
Senior LCF Member

Jeanne, I had not heard of Trim Healthy Mama. I am reading their web page now and it sounds good! I think you should go for it. You know me, I like trying something new. It helps get me motivated to keep going.

Betsie, hoping your blood work tomorrow is good and the doctor can help you with the pain in your side and the spot on your arm.

Carol, that is one of the things I like about living here in the Midwest, we get to see all 4 seasons but I do still dream of living in Florida. The dinners you made for tonight do sound delicious!!

It isn’t just older men who can be insensitive. I remember being at an NCAA basketball tournament and a guy from work sat down beside me and said, Wow!! You have really gained weight! I thought my aunt sitting behind me was going to smack him.

Yes! I stopped WW because it was so expensive. I must have been paying by the week at that time. I have already paid for 3 months so have vowed to be there every week from now until the end of April. I think they have made it easier now to count the points. The online web site has just about every food you can think of already there. You just search and click on it and it adds the points for you.

I love what you said about our group, ”It's a great group. We are all struggling, and no one is judgemental.” This is so true and no one being judgemental is wonderful. I have never done well with any group I joined that criticized and had very strict rules. I enjoy encouraging and getting to know each other.

I know how close you were to going below 200 and then had a little jump up. Frustrating, right?
Old 01-30-2017, 10:38 PM   #262
Janilyn
Senior LCF Member

I went to the grocery tonight. I had another $25 gift card for free groceries from the second prescription I filled when I was sick. When I was on the way to check out, I saw a gorgeous vining jasmine plant on a trellis, my very favorite flower, that had about 30 buds on it almost ready to bloom. Before I could get it in my cart a lady came rushing over to help me. She insisted on putting the plant in a bag. I heard her banging around and knocking things over behind her counter. She came out with a clear florist bag that was almost 4 foot long for a less than 2 foot plant! She held out the open bag and said, don’t be afraid to just drop her in. Since this was my plant that I was paying $13 for and jasmine plants are not easy to find, I wanted to be careful. She started screaming, drop it, drop it, DROP IT!!!!! OMG

Then she rummaged around again for several minutes and came out with a plastic plant saucer. She gave me directions on how to water it. Tuesday is water day. Pour in enough water until it runs out the bottom and then let her sit in the water for 30 minutes. Pour all the water back into the plant again and let set for another 30 minutes. Then pour the water down the sink.

Now, Sarah is ready to go home. I said, What!!??

Sarah, is READY to go home.

Sarah was bone dry when we got home so I watered her on Monday even though Tuesday is Water Day. Her directions say to KEEP HER SOIL MOIST AT ALL TIMES. I hope Sarah is going to be okay.

I also left a 12 pack of Diet Cherry Coke in my cart in the parking lot. I called and they said bring in your receipt and will give you another 12 pack. It happens all the time.

Last edited by Janilyn; 01-30-2017 at 10:40 PM..
Old 01-31-2017, 05:21 AM   #263
kal
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kal
Stats: 5'6" 233/180/148-155
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: Restart 11/11/2015
I went grocery shopping yesterday as well. Picked up most of the things I need for shakes, but i need to go to another store to get the rest. It's like the store knew I was doing this because everything I picked up was conveniently on sale. Haha

Today I started on liquid/soft type stuff. I have yogurts, tea, applesauce, and a couple other things. Btw I was label shocked when picking out applesauce cups. They were all around 24g of carbs in the tiny little 4 oz cup for the plain no flavored kinds . anyways i located the no sugar added and it dropped to 12g carbs. Glad I read the label. Trying out a shake tonight so I'll tell you how that goes.
Goal Weight: 145

Goals:
185 : No longer obese.
180 : Mani/pedi
170 : Receive passport
160 : Sephora makeup
150 : TBD
140 : TBD
kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 06:56 AM   #264
ladyboss7
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning gang,

Norma Jean, you raised 11 kids?!?!?! you must have the patience of a saint!!!! No wonder you're such an encourager!!

Jan, your plant is named Sarah??? it never occurred to me name my plants.....perhaps that's why she's so healthy and budding already? And jasmine is so heavenly!! I've done WW in the past.....before they were doing LC.....there were a lot of the things I liked about the program, but in the end I lost more money than weight. Perhaps if they'd had a LC option back then I might have had more success....I hope it works for you, do keep us posted!

Betsie, I'm glad you don't have to wait four months to get your blood work checked again! I hope it goes well today!

Carol, how do you make your Brussel sprouts? I've just begun experimenting with them after discovering I don't hate them after all!!! I was convinced as a child that they were awful because the school cafeteria didn't know how to cook them......it's taken me 40 years to brave trying them again, but sautéed in butter and bacon fat, they're quite tasty!

Jeanne, I haven't heard of Trim Healthy Mama?? If you do read it though, keep us posted!

Kal, good luck with the new approach, I hope it works for you!!! I think I'd miss actually chewing food....but that's a mental thing I suppose!

Well kids, January was a great month! I lost 11 pounds and six inches!!! I'm ready to end this month strong and kick off February.....lets do this!!!!

Old 01-31-2017, 07:05 AM   #265
Going2
Senior LCF Member

Jan - Cute story about the jasmine plant--Sarah's sure to thrive under your care! Looove the smell of jasmine, reminds me of when I was little and we lived in Greece, could smell it wafting from the neighbor's house--devine!

Kal - Was thinking about doing a "liquid" day too, good to rest our intestines a bit and allow tummies to be more sensitive to feeling full again.

Carol - Pennsylvania's only a couple hours away from us in NoVA so that's a great description of our weather too, although you sure are wintry. When I think about retiring to FL or AZ, I wonder if we'll miss having 4 seasons.

BetsieLou - Hope you have a good dr. visit and labs and no surprises.

Norma Jean - You are so thoughtful with your gentle words of sage advice and encouragement.

I use an online food/activity tracker and also have a Fitbit pedometer that I stopped using after I quit work a year ago. Had a great running-around-the-office job on 3 floors and stairs and averaged 1-2 miles daily from that, so it kept me sorta in check; have gained 30 lbs. since--ack! Anyhow, I don't think it'll be useful unless I do some outside walking when the weather warms up.

And thanks to everyone for your support, it really helps! Am feeling on track and confident today.
Old 01-31-2017, 07:07 AM   #266
Going2
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyboss7 View Post
Well kids, January was a great month! I lost 11 pounds and six inches!!! I'm ready to end this month strong and kick off February.....lets do this!!!!
Wow! That is great! WTG, Tammy!
Old 01-31-2017, 09:22 AM   #267
kal
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kal
Stats: 5'6" 233/180/148-155
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: Restart 11/11/2015
Lady, chewing will be missed. Luckily sugar free popsicles and jello will help that though.

Going2, I thought it would be tougher honestly. Only 4 hours in though and I have until Friday morning when I'll get off to low carb. So obviously it will get tougher most likely. Doing only 1 day shouldn't be too hard. But I'm doing 3 days in a row weekly.

Feel really good so far though.
Goal Weight: 145

Goals:
185 : No longer obese.
180 : Mani/pedi
170 : Receive passport
160 : Sephora makeup
150 : TBD
140 : TBD
kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 11:12 AM   #268
jedsnj
Junior LCF Member

Good Morning Ladies
Looks like we are off to another great day

Tammy,

1st Week Down 2/ 241.5
Old 01-31-2017, 11:55 AM   #269
Janilyn
Senior LCF Member

I am ready to start month 2 tomorrow! I am going to my first Weight Watchers meeting this afternoon. I am just going to weigh in because I have tutoring at 5:45. Then I have a 15 minute free WW coaching call on Thursday.

Kal, I love when what I need is on sale! It is shocking to see how much sugar has been added to foods, even the ones you would not expect to see sugar in them. Like this “natural” ham I bought yesterday. The second ingredient is dextrose which is sugar and it also has honey in it.
What are you going to put in your shake?

Norma Jean, how old are your kids now? Eleven!! Wow!!!

Going2, how long did you live in Greece?
Old 01-31-2017, 02:00 PM   #270
jbatchelor
Major LCF Poster!

Tammy--absolutely awesome with your weightloss of 11 pounds--WTG girl

Jan--I have killed all my plants and I sure didn't get a green thumb from my mother who can grow anything--I have heard if you talk to your plants that they do better---so tell Sarah we are all rooting for her. I saw in California I think that in the grape vineyard that they pipe in opera music and those grapes were sweeter and did better??? good luck at WW.. Years ago I joined TOPS--it did help knowing you were going to be weighed...I think I did TOPS a couple of times..

Norma Jean--I did well to raise two boys--and one about did me in--I would love to have had a larger family and I can imagine how wonderful it is on the holidays when they all come home!!!

Betsie--how did the doctor visit go?

kal- thanks for the reminder about sugar free popsicles--I haven't bought any in a long time...wishing you well on the liquids

Jeanne

~~A Course in Miracles~~