Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 01-13-2017, 04:30 AM   #211
IWasMadeThisWay
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: IWasMadeThisWay
Sorry all, been a bit busy this week to reply and chat with everyone. But I figured I'd stop in real quick. I snuck on the scale this morning and I've lost 8lbs in 3 days!
IWasMadeThisWay is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2017, 04:38 AM   #212
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 231.2/207.6/155 5'7"
WOE: Keto-Stillman
Still on plan. I did get me some pork rinds and had a couple yesterday. It ended my need for crunchy. I have really no hunger at all. One of the things I love about being on Stillman. I have quit eating cheese and my belly bloat has finally went down. I hope I don't have a cheese sensitivity. That would just be sad! I cheese!
Old 01-13-2017, 04:38 AM   #213
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWasMadeThisWay View Post
Sorry all, been a bit busy this week to reply and chat with everyone. But I figured I'd stop in real quick. I snuck on the scale this morning and I've lost 8lbs in 3 days!
That is amazing. Congrats!
Old 01-13-2017, 05:53 AM   #214
kal
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kal
Stats: 5'6" 233/180/148-155
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: Restart 11/11/2015
Well I'm sore today but today is my rest day. Have cardio on a treadmill or elliptical tomorrow. Tonight though I'm just going to relax to the max. Massage out my muscles and stay on my butt and catch up in my shows. Friday night is binge night..binge on my shows not my food.
Goal Weight: 145

Goals:
185 : No longer obese.
180 : Mani/pedi
170 : Receive passport
160 : Sephora makeup
150 : TBD
140 : TBD
kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 06:11 AM   #215
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: StillTheOne
Happy Friday !!

I went up a lb this morning.
I indulged with these low cal, low carb pop cakes they are crunchy thingamabobs .. I purchased the maui onion flavour. made 2 BLTS with a whole package of bacon and mayonnaise .
Restart today -
I cannot believe I failed on my 4th day.

I hope the scale is kind to everyone , happy weekend to all
StillTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 05:53 AM   #216
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: 194/184/140 5ft 11
WOE: Stillman's QWL/South Beach
Hello all, still here on plan... Kinda... Had some salad yesterday. I'm really sick right now, temperature, stuffy nose ugh! Will catch up with posts.
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 05:57 AM   #217
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2bSkinny View Post
I could really use some crunch and protein chips sound amazing ! Is pumpkin low carb? It should be if no sugar is added .
Not sure about the pumpkin... Think they've added stuff to it? The crisps are good though. I like them with a laughing cow light. They kinda remind me of crackers. I bought cheese and onion and smokey bacon.
Old 01-14-2017, 06:01 AM   #218
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Tired lack of carbs lol how did Al do it I am tired , bored already .
Iron will that one! I think once ketosis kicked in, it got a bit easier... Plus seeing such great losses must of been inspiring! I've got to goal doing Stillmans and it was easy at the time... That was after months of struggling to actually stick with it though. I'm just waiting for something to click, the moment you know, no matter what, you've got it in the bag!
Old 01-14-2017, 06:04 AM   #219
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
My first full day of a liquid protein fast was actually easy and I had no issues with hunger or anything. Three a day of Isopure seems perfect for the time being. When I started to feel the smallest amount of hunger, I'd grab a drink and slowly drink it. Which was around the time I would be grabbing one anyway. These drinks are really filling! I am surprised I did not have any hunger pangs, especially since I'm going into this after very crappy eating for a couple of weeks. I did not weigh in, as I'm trying to only weigh in once a week.

I didn't have enough water yesterday, and only had 4 cups. Which I think is the only downside to yesterday. I'm aiming for 8 cups of water right now. I did have a large cup of decaf coffee with Torani sugar free syrup, which tasted heavenly.

I also read some more studies online. Interestingly, if you don't have vitamins with this type of plan it could cause a lot of problems, which makes sense. I guess they had a lot of sudden deaths in the 1960s due to protein liquid fasts. It was concluded that it was due to the individuals fasting for months without taking other vitamins or minerals. They were practically "starving themselves" of vitamins. So, they then conducted a study with people protein liquid fasting with added vitamins/minerals, and there were no problems.
So glad you're doing well and also glad you mentioned vitamins... I always forget to take them... I'm gonna leave them out where I can see them and make sure I get my daily dose!
Old 01-14-2017, 06:10 AM   #220
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillTheOne View Post
Happy Wednesday !
I am down 3lbs already . Went grocery shopping today . I purchased cod , chicken breast, tuna , eggs , breakfast sausage and bacon . Beverages such as unsweetened lemon flavoured iced tea , coffee, assorted teas, Mio strawberry pineapple flavour , fizzy waters in assorted flavours, diet cherry coca cola , CL in concord grape flavour. Oh, and iceberg lettuce ! I never stall with cucumbers or iceberg lettuce .. A bottle of buffalo hot sauce too ! Bottles of water , I am set to lose 10lbs this month
I will add dairy and oat bran (dukan plan) once I reach my first goal .

I get bored too and that's why it's a good idea to stay low carb if you struggle with eating only meats.

Have a wonderful day my beautiful friends !
Hungry just reading your list! Dukan is a great plan BC after induction every other day is a Stillman day kinda. Apart from the bran and skimmed milk (I use unsweetened almond instead. It's basically lean protein) . Let me know when you move on to Dukan!
Old 01-14-2017, 06:18 AM   #221
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Awesome I would love your energy ! How do you eat your eggs cold hardboiled or warm ?
Ewww talking of eggs, I always eat them hot. Boiled mashed with lil light mayo and mustard... Anyway, I thought I'd boil some up and put them in the fridge but every time I open the fridge door, even though they're in a container, I can smell them. I want to chunder lol. I can't handle cold eggs.
Old 01-14-2017, 06:21 AM   #222
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
Scale dropped! yay! I am now under the weight I was before the off meal. It took 4 days!

Bible study today with eating lunch somewhere. There should be no problem with staying on plan. I refuse to go off plan after taking so long to recover.
Old 01-14-2017, 06:23 AM   #223
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I was up 3lbs this morning!?!? I am trying to not stress about it and logically I know it's water weigh mostly likely due to TOM but its frustrating!

Iwasmadwthisway: why do you take collagen? I only know of it as the thing that helps wrinkles but are there other health benefits?
Better get me some. Actually, I have something like that... Oh no it's powdered gelatine that Stephanie Keto Person recommends.
Old 01-14-2017, 06:29 AM   #224
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Still on plan. I did get me some pork rinds and had a couple yesterday. It ended my need for crunchy. I have really no hunger at all. One of the things I love about being on Stillman. I have quit eating cheese and my belly bloat has finally went down. I hope I don't have a cheese sensitivity. That would just be sad! I cheese!
Ooh me too and all types... Blue cheese, cranberry cheese, roasted onion cheese, Canadian cheddar, Brie... oh it goes on!
Old 01-14-2017, 06:35 AM   #225
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Totally!
Old 01-14-2017, 06:36 AM   #226
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 202/176/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: March 2016
Quote:
That's awesome!
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 06:38 AM   #227
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I love cheese too (who doesnt) yesterday was the first day I didn't have cheese. I didn't miss it but now that j am taking about it I want it lol
Old 01-14-2017, 06:38 AM   #228
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

So I've gotta face the scale tomorrow and update my stats which are wrong coz I gained over Xmas. Really hope I've dropped some BC I've really tried hard. I still haven't sorted my Fitbit scale, guess its avoidance but I do know my start weight and ugh it ain't pretty. I hate this girls. I was the skinny girl at school, never gained an ounce. Now I feel so akward in my skin I want to cry.
Old 01-14-2017, 06:40 AM   #229
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kal View Post
Well I'm sore today but today is my rest day. Have cardio on a treadmill or elliptical tomorrow. Tonight though I'm just going to relax to the max. Massage out my muscles and stay on my butt and catch up in my shows. Friday night is binge night..binge on my shows not my food.
Those are the best Fridays! You deserve it!

Every time I see your goals I remember I have to renew my passport then u forget again until you pos lol
Old 01-14-2017, 06:41 AM   #230
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillTheOne View Post
Happy Friday !!

I went up a lb this morning.
I indulged with these low cal, low carb pop cakes they are crunchy thingamabobs .. I purchased the maui onion flavour. made 2 BLTS with a whole package of bacon and mayonnaise .
Restart today -
I cannot believe I failed on my 4th day.

I hope the scale is kind to everyone , happy weekend to all
Sounds like it may have still been low carb! You are committed an I am sure you will be back on track today'
Old 01-14-2017, 06:43 AM   #231
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Iron will that one! I think once ketosis kicked in, it got a bit easier... Plus seeing such great losses must of been inspiring! I've got to goal doing Stillmans and it was easy at the time... That was after months of struggling to actually stick with it though. I'm just waiting for something to click, the moment you know, no matter what, you've got it in the bag!
I am waiting for that too! I have been sticking to low carb but I keep going for higher fat.
Old 01-14-2017, 06:46 AM   #232
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
So I've gotta face the scale tomorrow and update my stats which are wrong coz I gained over Xmas. Really hope I've dropped some BC I've really tried hard. I still haven't sorted my Fitbit scale, guess its avoidance but I do know my start weight and ugh it ain't pretty. I hate this girls. I was the skinny girl at school, never gained an ounce. Now I feel so akward in my skin I want to cry.
You are here and working towards your goals! I was always 160 and lost weight on stills after I gained some but then I ballooned and haven't felt like myself I'm about 3 or more years but I can't seem to control my bad eating. I get how you feel!
Old 01-14-2017, 06:53 AM   #233
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

I didn't weigh yesterday after the 3lb gain and I don't think I am going to weigh until
Monday.

We had one of the 3! Bday dinner we have this weekendyesterday and I stuck to low carb. Unfortunately tonight's meal will be lasagna and it's at someone's house so i don't have much of a choice but I will just try to not over do it and enjoy the time with family. I don't know what Sundays meal will be but at that get together it's usually family style so I will just pick what's the closest to stills!

I am feeling better about the meals and will do the best I can but also try not to stress because life happens! At first I was worried all three dinner were this weekend because that practically meant a weekend off plan but this way it's not one a week that could potentially throw me off every time.
Old 01-14-2017, 07:20 AM   #234
IWasMadeThisWay
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks! Hoping this trend continues!
Old 01-14-2017, 07:22 AM   #235
IWasMadeThisWay
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
So glad you're doing well and also glad you mentioned vitamins... I always forget to take them... I'm gonna leave them out where I can see them and make sure I get my daily dose!
Oh ya it doesn't hurt! I remember a couple years when I was being strict Stillman's, I had some potty issues REALLY severe. Now I know to take powdered magnesium at nights when I am on plan. At least, when I'm eating food anyways. It was NOT fun!
Old 01-14-2017, 07:22 AM   #236
IWasMadeThisWay
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
That's awesome!
Thanks! Let's hope the trend continues!
Old 01-14-2017, 07:25 AM   #237
IWasMadeThisWay
Senior LCF Member

Hi all. The start of Day 5 here. Starting to feel slight feelings of hunger here and there, and starting to miss eating food. But I no longer had the headaches like I did the first 3 days. Still getting tired earlier, but I realized I'm still falling asleep at about the same time. So that's a good thing! Not sure if I'll end up eating something on weigh in days, as I didn't originally plan for that. But if it helps me stay on plan, then I'm okay with that. A rotisserie chicken sounds good about now!

Sometimes I think I'm about to have heartburn, and I don't. So not sure if it's the drink or what. But I have not been good at drinking more than 4 cups of extra water. I need to do better. I might get 5 cups, but still need more.

Last edited by IWasMadeThisWay; 01-14-2017 at 07:26 AM..
Old 01-14-2017, 07:47 AM   #238
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!

Today is the last day of my 2 weeks. Weird but I do not have a plan to go off like I intended when I started. I think if I keep it higher fat (deviled eggs) have a treat around for cravings (pork rinds) and something technically off plan but doesn't seem to hurt my losses to eat once in awhile (cucumbers)... I should be OK. I am not struggling at all. Eventually my hormones will turn me into a starving carb monster so I will ride the easy train while it is still available.

Tomorrow is weigh in day. I will update my stats then.

Quote:
Hello all, still here on plan... Kinda... Had some salad yesterday. I'm really sick right now, temperature, stuffy nose ugh! Will catch up with posts.
It's hard to stay on plan when you are sick. Hot chicken noodle soup is not on the list of things to eat. I hope it passes quickly.

Quote:
Ewww talking of eggs, I always eat them hot. Boiled mashed with lil light mayo and mustard... Anyway, I thought I'd boil some up and put them in the fridge but every time I open the fridge door, even though they're in a container, I can smell them. I want to chunder lol. I can't handle cold eggs.
Chunder... I actually laughed when I saw that. I love that word for some reason.

Quote:
I know how you feel. I was thin and VERY athletic most of my life. The last 8-10 years have not been kind. Fight back. You can do it. We all can.

Quote:
Hi all. The start of Day 5 here. Starting to feel slight feelings of hunger here and there, and starting to miss eating food. But I no longer had the headaches like I did the first 3 days. Still getting tired earlier, but I realized I'm still falling asleep at about the same time. So that's a good thing! Not sure if I'll end up eating something on weigh in days, as I didn't originally plan for that. But if it helps me stay on plan, then I'm okay with that. A rotisserie chicken sounds good about now!

Sometimes I think I'm about to have heartburn, and I don't. So not sure if it's the drink or what. But I have not been good at drinking more than 4 cups of extra water. I need to do better. I might get 5 cups, but still need more.
I get horrible heartburn when I am on stillman. Drinking water even makes it worse. Maybe look into something like Pepcid. I take it mid morning and it last till the next day.
Old 01-14-2017, 10:31 AM   #239
IWasMadeThisWay
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I get horrible heartburn when I am on stillman. Drinking water even makes it worse. Maybe look into something like Pepcid. I take it mid morning and it last till the next day.
Great idea! I'll take a look when I run to the store. Thanks!

Today I'm actually going to buy a lean rotisserie chicken and have some of it. I'm hungry/craving some food, and chicken right now sounds heavenly. Which sounds hilarious because, when I do eat on Stillman's, I'd be sick of chicken about now. But I've been protein liquid fasting for a couple days now, and my body wants it. At least I'm not craving for anything carby, and will still be eating on plan.

I also received my collagen peptides today. What a surprise since they came early!

Last edited by IWasMadeThisWay; 01-14-2017 at 10:35 AM..
Old 01-14-2017, 11:25 AM   #240
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Great idea! I'll take a look when I run to the store. Thanks!

Today I'm actually going to buy a lean rotisserie chicken and have some of it. I'm hungry/craving some food, and chicken right now sounds heavenly. Which sounds hilarious because, when I do eat on Stillman's, I'd be sick of chicken about now. But I've been protein liquid fasting for a couple days now, and my body wants it. At least I'm not craving for anything carby, and will still be eating on plan.

I also received my collagen peptides today. What a surprise since they came early!
I really like an occasional rotisserie chicken. Usually if we are shopping late and need a quick dinner. Enjoy!