Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 11-07-2017, 11:00 PM   #1
Rosey
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Rosey
Stats: 270/261/135
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 01 November 2017
1st week on Juddd, great results and insults

So yesterday I went to fetch my child from school. I got there early and while I was waiting for her 2 little boys around 10 years of age, sat next to me. a 3rd one joined them after a few minutes and he asked one of the boys if I was his mom. His response was " Dont INSULT my mom, my mom is skinny". See im normally not one to be offended by weight comments towards me. My body has never looked normal. I learnt a long time ago that people will be rude to you and we shouldnt always take it to heart.

But this had me feeling some type of way. I mean I had to stand at some point and cross the playground to go look for my child, but i couldn't. I just froze on that bench, afraid that these little boys will actually watch me walk. So I sat there until my daughter showed up. I was paralyzed by the realization that this little boy confirmed what I was feeling somehow. Unattractive, embarrassing, unacceptable, etc. I mean on Sunday I was walking with a guy friend of mine, And I felt sorry for him that people might actually think he's dating me. I felt sorry for this guy, that people might actually be laughing at him.

But anyway....

In other great news, I just finished my 1st week of Juddd. Some days were hard, some were easy, I mean UD are amazing. I am going to tighten things a bit for the next 2 weeks and stick to the right rotation numbers.

But I lost a whopping 9lbs. I'm actually 2lbs from my months' goal. From 270lbs to 261.2 to be exact.

Last edited by Rosey; 11-07-2017 at 11:09 PM..
Rosey is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2017, 04:54 AM   #2
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: p0rtia
Stats: 5'7" 307/175/150-160
WOE: ex-Atkins; low cal/low carb + 4:3 JUDDD
Start Date: May 22, 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosey View Post
I was paralyzed by the realization that this little boy confirmed what I was feeling somehow. Unattractive, embarrassing, unacceptable, etc.

No, not confirming what is in you; reflecting the stereotype that society maintains about the obese. If you're like me, what you felt inside is also a reflection of that stereotype. Doesn't make it feel any better, but I find it a help to process the feelings to understand where it's coming from.
Old 11-08-2017, 05:53 AM   #3
Carly
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/126.8/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Try not to focus on the comment. I know that is easier said than done, but you have a WOE and lost 9 pounds this week, which is amazing. Just keep rotating and before you know it you will have lost 20 pounds, then 40 and all of a sudden you will be reaching your goal weight. It took me about a year to lose 70 pounds but I must say that the year passed in a blink of an eye and it's almost mind-blowing that I've been maintaining for almost 5 years. The time will pass anyway, but it's great when that passing of time includes steps toward improving your health.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 06:56 AM   #4
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bluebelle
Stats: 208/193/150 5'3"
Start Date: March 1st, 2017
Rosey you are AMAZING! Those are incredible results, and I am not surprised at all - JUDDD is the best.

Children can be so cruel. People can be so cruel. And it's about everything and anything - the way you look, the place you were born, the way you talk, what you believe, where you live, what you do for a living, the list goes on eternally. And the response for all of it? Just brush it off - it is meaningless. Don't let it siphon your joy.

Keep going, we are all here for you.
Old 11-08-2017, 09:40 AM   #5
vanilla_latte
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: JUDDD/LC
Start Date: Which time?
Aw, Rosey, kids are so cruel. You are beautiful and amazing no matter what. Great job on a successful week! You rock!

December Goals:
-Sticking to mainly low carb.
-Sticking as best I can to my M/W/F DD schedule.
-Sticking to the belief that despite any changes in the scale or lack of other NSV's there has got to be some other good things going on inside!

vanilla_latte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 10:09 AM   #6
kwerp
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kwerp
Stats: 153/132/124
Rosey you are doing an amazing job!
I like the way Bluebell put it: don't let them siphon your joy. But I get it. I do.
When I catch myself worrying about what other people are thinking, I remind myself of a quote I heard somewhere (I don't know the origin): What other people think of you is none of your business.
You do you. Do the best with what you have today to make tomorrow better.
kwerp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 03:41 PM   #7
quietnite
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: quietnite
Stats: 278/255/165
Rosey, I so understand how that must have felt. I kind of feel bad for that kid who thinks his mom is better because she's skinny.

So many kinds of messed up.

Virtual hug and great job on the great success of your JUDDD week.
Glad you brought that pain here so we could have your back.
quietnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 07:58 AM   #8
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/217/not sure 5'7
WOE: IF/NK
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
His mom may be skinny, but must not be good at parenting. I spend my days with kids, and unless they have been taught otherwise, 10 year-olds are generally polite to adults.
Old 11-09-2017, 11:15 AM   #9
taramisu
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: taramisu
Stats: 282/209/180
Start Date: April 7, 2015
My insides froze for you just reading that. I know it shouldn't, but comments like that devastate me; we're only human. Kids are cruel. And I agree, it's not confirming what you look like, it's confirming that he has only learned stereotypes and shallow opinions. It really reflects horribly on his parents, frankly. If my stepson said anything remotely close to that, I'd be horrified.

Anyway, hugs. I'm sure you are beautiful inside and out. And that your daughter would never behave that way.

And P.S., I agree, UDs ARE amazing!
tara ¤

My Journal

Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times—if one only remembers to turn on the light. ~ Albus Dumbledore
taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 06:02 AM   #10
Rosey
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Rosey
Stats: 270/261/135
Start Date: 01 November 2017
I dont want to start a new thread because I am not as active here as I would love to. BUT. Over the past few weeks I havent been able to post because I did not feel like I was juddding. There were days when I had DDs but I was not consistent. It felt more like OMAD than Juddd.

But so far I managed to kick my goals in the behind. MOnth end is 2 days away but I cant wait. So far I dropped 18lbs this month. From 270 to 252. Talk about surprises. I still dont see any difference in my body or clothes, But that might be because I really have a lot to lose. So I will be patient.
Rosey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 06:33 AM   #11
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: p0rtia
Stats: 5'7" 307/175/150-160
WOE: ex-Atkins; low cal/low carb + 4:3 JUDDD
Start Date: May 22, 2015
Rosey!

Old 11-29-2017, 08:15 AM   #12
vanilla_latte
Major LCF Poster!

Rosey, that's awesome!! I'd kill to lose that much because of some straggly DDs!!!

December Goals:
-Sticking to the belief that despite any changes in the scale or lack of other NSV's there has got to be some other good things going on inside!

Old 11-29-2017, 08:32 AM   #13
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Oh my goodness Rosey! CONGRATS!!
Old 11-29-2017, 03:41 PM   #14
kwerp
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kwerp
Stats: 153/132/124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosey View Post
I dont want to start a new thread because I am not as active here as I would love to. BUT. Over the past few weeks I havent been able to post because I did not feel like I was juddding. There were days when I had DDs but I was not consistent. It felt more like OMAD than Juddd.

But so far I managed to kick my goals in the behind. MOnth end is 2 days away but I cant wait. So far I dropped 18lbs this month. From 270 to 252. Talk about surprises. I still dont see any difference in my body or clothes, But that might be because I really have a lot to lose. So I will be patient.
Rosey, as a loose JUDDDer, I can say with confidence that you're always welcome at the hearth. There are plenty of days where my DD turns into a loose OMAD, and I still post. I post in the daily weigh-in thread, despite several days being MD/UD OMAD. It helps keep me a bit honest. Keep posting and leaning on JUDDDers for support.

And WOW!! 18 lbs! Well done!! Keep patience and keep at it.
kwerp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 07:09 AM   #15
quietnite
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: quietnite
Stats: 278/255/165
Amazing job, Rosey!!
quietnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 10:56 AM   #16
Kissa

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/120/120 5'3" Age 70
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2002 Atkins 2011 JUDDD 2016 BSD/JUDDD
Wow, Rosey you are rocking this. I only 'sort of' JUDDD these days, but I am in maintenance.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Hunger is not an emergency.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 04:40 AM   #17
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/113/100-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by GME View Post
His mom may be skinny, but must not be good at parenting. I spend my days with kids, and unless they have been taught otherwise, 10 year-olds are generally polite to adults.
Entirely my gut reaction tho' I realise that peers can have a disproportionate influence.

I hope that it's some comfort to you, Rosey, that your own DD would never say something like that to an adult.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 11:32 AM   #18
jhmart
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jhmart
Stats: 165/137.5/130
Start Date: 08/16/17
Rosey.. you are doing an amazing job! I had an eye opening moment when a coworker approached me and said wow you’re really gaining weight. I said... excuse me because certainly she didn’t really say that. But when she repeated it was the same followed by.. your clothes are really tight. I was mortified. And I started Juddd the next day. She has since apologized repeatedly but I say ... thank you. Look where I am now. 26 pounds lighter and while at the time it really hurt I now look back and say that has helped keep me focused. You’ve got this. The plan is working great for you. And the juddd budds here are some very wise ladies to have by your side on this journey.
Old 12-05-2017, 02:52 PM   #19
Kissa

What a wonderful attitude Jeni, not many people would turn that around. Well done.

Rosey, I really hope it is still going well for you.

Old 12-06-2017, 06:53 AM   #20
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhmart View Post
Rosey.. you are doing an amazing job! I had an eye opening moment when a coworker approached me and said wow you’re really gaining weight. I said... excuse me because certainly she didn’t really say that. But when she repeated it was the same followed by.. your clothes are really tight. I was mortified. And I started Juddd the next day. She has since apologized repeatedly but I say ... thank you. Look where I am now. 26 pounds lighter and while at the time it really hurt I now look back and say that has helped keep me focused. You’ve got this. The plan is working great for you. And the juddd budds here are some very wise ladies to have by your side on this journey.
1) Huge congrats, and 2) ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! I am astonished by your coworker having the gall to say that!
Old 12-06-2017, 07:18 AM   #21
vanilla_latte
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebelle View Post
1) Huge congrats, and 2) ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! I am astonished by your coworker having the gall to say that!

December Goals:

Old 12-06-2017, 12:54 PM   #22
Carly

I have a co-worker that notices every time I dip below 125lb and will say- "You have lost weight!!!! Luckily she doesn't say anything with I drift up, but I know she knows. It's uncanny and a bit scary since we are basically talking about fluctuating between 122-128.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

Old 12-06-2017, 01:08 PM   #23
Kissa

That is an observant colleague. Glad she is too polite t comment on any increase, lol.

Old 12-07-2017, 11:47 AM   #24
jhmart
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jhmart
Stats: 165/137.5/130
Start Date: 08/16/17
I must say I do take satisfaction in the looks that coworker gives me now. She's very jelly and that cracks me up since she was the reason I started JUDDD to begin with.

I have another coworker friend who is preggers right now YAY her!!!! Well she keeps telling me to stop losing weight, that I am wasting away, that I should just maintain. I finally just asked her to stop. We used to encourage each other but I get it with her being preggers she is feeling left out.
Carly...Agreed if everyone notices the weight loss they must notice the weight gain too??? But less than 5 pounds really? I don't even see that on myself. But yes my pregnant friend notices every time I dip. Crazy.
Old 12-09-2017, 03:17 PM   #25
Carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhmart View Post
I must say I do take satisfaction in the looks that coworker gives me now. She's very jelly and that cracks me up since she was the reason I started JUDDD to begin with.

I have another coworker friend who is preggers right now YAY her!!!! Well she keeps telling me to stop losing weight, that I am wasting away, that I should just maintain. I finally just asked her to stop. We used to encourage each other but I get it with her being preggers she is feeling left out.
Carly...Agreed if everyone notices the weight loss they must notice the weight gain too??? But less than 5 pounds really? I don't even see that on myself. But yes my pregnant friend notices every time I dip. Crazy.
I can notice 3 pounds on myself and get being under 5'2" at this point and the fact that I gain in my poochie belly makes it noticeable.