Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 12-05-2017, 05:17 PM   #31
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: PACarolsue
Stats: 217/190.5/175 5'2"
WOE: Whatever Works
Start Date: Tomorrow
Slow, my hands are terrible, too, and for when DH isn't around to help me, I have a Zim Under the Counter Jar Opener. It opens jars of all sizes, even opens the cap on my bottled water. It's a godsend for me.

Vanilla, I had a craving for a donut a while back, and almost bought one, but when I saw they wanted 70 cents for 1 donut I figured it wasn't worth it. Being cheap worked out for me. LOL

"The first step to solving a problem is to admit that one exists."
Dr Jason Fung
PACarolsue is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2017, 03:57 AM   #32
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: p0rtia
Stats: 5'7" 307/170/150-160
WOE: ex-Atkins; low cal/low carb + 4:3 JUDDD
Start Date: May 22, 2015
Tis the Season

Day 3

Welcome Latecomers!

Old 12-06-2017, 06:37 AM   #33
vanilla_latte
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: IF/LC
Start Date: Which time?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PACarolsue View Post
Vanilla, I had a craving for a donut a while back, and almost bought one, but when I saw they wanted 70 cents for 1 donut I figured it wasn't worth it. Being cheap worked out for me. LOL
I applaud your cheap self.

I splurged a little last night and it felt good not to stress. Although I did still wrestle a bit knowing that it's basically crap and I shouldn't be eating it. Today is a DD and it'll be nothing but high fat and low carb within my DD budget.

It's finally cold and rainy here today in southeast Texas. I'm lovin' it!

Hope everyone has a good day.

"One way to begin to see how vastly indulgent we usually are is to fast. One finds out what an astonishing amount of time is spent in the planning, purchasing, preparing, eating, and cleaning up of meals."
- Elisabeth Elliot

vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 06:55 AM   #34
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Portia, I love the veggie Christmas tree and Manorah!

Dr Jason Fung
Old 12-06-2017, 10:22 AM   #35
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Off to Boston in an hour. Got everything closed up for the winter but ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! (transitions)

See ya'll on the other side, where I trust I will find my brains. Thank the saints it's an UD.
Old 12-06-2017, 10:51 AM   #36
leonak
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: leonak
Stats: Goal Met July, 2015 - 112!!!!
WOE: JUDDD
For Port - our leader here!

I did not like the S word about you!

You are a very lovely, Exquisite, gal that we all look up to and admire!

Have a safe trip!
Old 12-06-2017, 11:42 AM   #37
Carly
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/130/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PACarolsue View Post
Slow, my hands are terrible, too, and for when DH isn't around to help me, I have a Zim Under the Counter Jar Opener. It opens jars of all sizes, even opens the cap on my bottled water. It's a godsend for me.

They are a $1.99 around here! I'm less put off by the price then the amount of calories

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post
I applaud your cheap self.

I splurged a little last night and it felt good not to stress. Although I did still wrestle a bit knowing that it's basically crap and I shouldn't be eating it. Today is a DD and it'll be nothing but high fat and low carb within my DD budget.

It's finally cold and rainy here today in southeast Texas. I'm lovin' it!

Hope everyone has a good day.
Um, I'm glad you are enjoying the cold rain... 2 of my least favorite weather conditions.

__________________________________________________ ____

TOM is kicking my butt right now. Terrible cramps and I'm plain exhausted. Hopefully, when this passes the scale will be a bit nicer.

The temperature is really dropping here as well. Yesterday was warm for December, but rainy. Today is cold and windy...

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 03:55 AM   #38
handbells
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
WOE: it's complicated
Start Date: today!
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonak View Post
♦ The reason Mayberry was so peaceful and quiet was because nobody was married. Andy, Aunt Bea, Barney, Floyd, Howard, Goober, Gomer, Sam, Earnest T Bass, Helen, Thelma Lou, Clara and, of course, Opie, were all single. The only married person was Otis and he stayed drunk.
Thanks for my laugh today! Too funny!

My December has not started off that great. I've been under the weather, so I've not really been hungry. Yesterday I had two hard boiled eggs and a small baked potato and gained a pound. Ugh. Still no car, either.

But...I am plugging right along.

Love the pictures you've been using, p0rtia. The holiday vegetable plates are so festive

Hope everyone is doing well!

"Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!" (journal)

"Humankind is simply materialized color operating on the 49th vibration."
handbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 04:52 AM   #39
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Tis the Season

Day 4

Last edited by p0rtia; 12-07-2017 at 05:00 AM.. Reason: piccy too big
p0rtia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 04:58 AM   #40
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Safe in Boston. Stayed LC throughout yesterday's last minute insanity, suitcases, car rides, train ride, delays. My head is so frazzled that if I look at a cookie my brain registered that I've gained 100 lb. (Weird feeling.) Happy that my sister is going to do a DD with me today. Whew! Glad you're all here and that we have this thread. I need it.

Hey Leona! S word? Did I miss something?

Gonna try to lie low today. Take a long walk.
Old 12-07-2017, 05:35 AM   #41
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
They are a $1.99 around here! I'm less put off by the price then the amount of calories

Carly, I'm sure that's the difference between New York and my little country PA town. LOL

Back when I was regularly eating donuts they were 35 cents, so you know how long that's been!! Thank God for the higher price to ward me off. LOL

Dr Jason Fung
Old 12-07-2017, 06:36 AM   #42
vanilla_latte
Major LCF Poster!

Carly, I was born in the Falls but didn't get to experience the winters. We all get excited down here when it gets cold and rain is our "snow." It's supposed to be in the 20's tomorrow so it's possible we might get a wee bit of snow. Snow flurries gets us jumping up and down!

My DDs are going very well and yesterday's was perfect. I seem to be in the same spot I am after beginning JUDDD again. Lose a few pounds after beginning then get stuck. Although I'm focusing on just doing the DDs and not stressing - especially since it's December - I won't deny it's going to be a bit disappointing if Saturday's weigh in doesn't show a little progress.

No donut is worth $1.99!!! Well, maybe just one glazed would be.

"One way to begin to see how vastly indulgent we usually are is to fast. One finds out what an astonishing amount of time is spent in the planning, purchasing, preparing, eating, and cleaning up of meals."
- Elisabeth Elliot

Old 12-07-2017, 09:11 AM   #43
Kissa

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/120/120 5'3" Age 70
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2002 Atkins 2011 JUDDD 2016 BSD/JUDDD
I haven't enjoyed a donut since I was about 10 years old.

There was man with mobile donut maker the middle of our small town. You could smell them frying 300 yards away. You queued and watched the ring donuts drop into the hot oil, get picked up and then dropped in the sugar. Yours was popped into a bag and it was so hard to wait until it was cool enough not to burn your mouth. Nothing since has come close.

Hang in there Nilla, I think this is your moment. Don't judge any way of eating by December's results, lol.

Leona, I was puzzled about the S word too?

p0tia, well done on closing up the cabin for the winter. Enjoy Boston and then your tennis sessions. Living in two homes, I have some small idea of what you go through although not the same, as you live rather more excitingly than I do. But I am always forgetting where it is I need coffee!

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Hunger is not an emergency.

It's not what you eat between Christmas and New Year that makes you fat, it's what you eat between New Year and Christmas.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 10:22 AM   #44
leonak
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

S is what our leader here used the other day, I know she was joking around, but, but!

Here it is once again:!!!

spinster

I just wanted to laugh at the S word!! Have not heard that word since grade school while reading a book!
Old 12-07-2017, 10:38 AM   #45
kwerp
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kwerp
Stats: 153/128/124
Thought I'd drop in and say hello!
Last night I tried shopping for some new jeans. I'm officially between a UK 12 and 10, mind you this was at M&S - not the trendier stores where the sizes run smaller. I'm probably still a size 14 in those stores.
Anyway, I left having not bought anything, and I decided to shop my closet. I pulled out my US size 4 Levi's that I haven't worn since 2014....and they fit! I was so pleased that I wore them today at work, and I was relieved to see that not only do they fit, but they're not even tight!

While I haven't lost any weight for a while now, my 7 day average shows that I've held this weight loss steady since Nov 17th, averaging between 131-132. I am A-OK with that. I just want to get through the Christmas 'cruise,' and then maybe in January I'll buckle down to get closer to 125. We'll see. One day at a time.
kwerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 02:53 PM   #46
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

leona: Oh, THAT S word. LOL Well, I used it humorously but I admit I like old-fashioned words like that. And it is descriptive of someone who never married. I don't see anything negative attached to it--intrinsically, anyway. It is only our modern insanity that gave it some weird stigma (maybe a woman has less value if she doesn't have a mate or something). I'm thinking that in this day and age of Woman Power, we can reclaim the word as something to be proud of.

Thanks, Kissa -- I've made it over the 4 pm hump of my DD, so all is well (and I'm very relieved. My sister finked out on me so I've been on my own--except I wasn't on my own: I had all of you here in mind to keep me from going off the deep end. Next challenge: the weekend. If I can do a DD Saturday I'm going to give myself a hell of a treat!
Old 12-07-2017, 03:04 PM   #47
leonak
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

wasn't there an old story or poem about Hansel & Gretel and the old woman and they shoved her in the stove oven? the old woman was a spinster!
Old 12-08-2017, 03:53 AM   #48
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Tis the Season

Day 5

A meal tastes better when you're hungry...
Old 12-08-2017, 04:08 AM   #49
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/103/100-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
I'm enjoying reading this challenge and keeping myself to the mark with what I decided about making it a priority to improve my vitamin D status tho' I'm definitely narked (nice colloquial word) by the increase in tinnitus and additional high-pitch noises.

p0rtia - I like your photographs so much!

I know Hansel and Gretel features a cannibalistic witch but that doesn't make her a spinster. And, let us recall that the children were only lost in the woods because of the cruelty/strong survival instinct/psychopathology of their step-mother and let's not discuss the moral cowardice of their father (depending on the variation of the story).
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 04:15 AM   #50
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

DD was great yesterday, but rather surreal. My entire being, body and soul, is telling me to eat, and eat hearty: it's cold, I'm away from home, it's the holidays, my tummy is empty, the stores are sparkling with yummy foods, and I really like to eat.

As I walked through Stop n Shop yesterday, I could feel a lifetime of habit pulling at me, and resenting with a sort of wounded surprise that I wasn't taking part in the festivities. Weird feeling. I can't remember when I last put any sort of serious restrictions on my December eating. I felt at the time like I wasn't Me anymore, but had become some uber-Me that had gained a previously inconceivable super-power.

That said, I'm glad I decided on my Grand Bargain, which is to not count cals on UDs as long as I stay LC right now. So I'm looking forward to today's meals, including lunch out at a Turkish deli.

Saturday is going to be the hardest day of the season for me. I'm gonna try for a DD, because it would cap off a super successful ten days of EOD (and three z-fast days before that) and set up next week beautifully for continued EOD. No, I'm not gonna beat myself up if I flub it; I'm more into observing how my brain copes with the constant bombardment of urgent messages to gobble, from both within and without, and learning from that.

Excelsior!

Last edited by p0rtia; 12-08-2017 at 04:18 AM..
p0rtia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 07:30 AM   #51
vanilla_latte
Major LCF Poster!

kwerp - That's great on the jeans!!

p0rtia - Great post and great insights!

Today is a DD and being I had a little indulgence last night may be a hungrier one today. I may have a few more cals but it'll be in the way of more cream and a wee bit of butter in a few more coffees today.

The biggest news of the day IT SNOWED LAST NIGHT!!! I know many of you are like but for it to snow in southeast Texas is fabulous! Seeing your yard and the neighborhood covered - or rather heavily dusted - in snow is the oddest thing to see when it's been several years since having snow. We have a new building at work and looking out and seeing snow is just beyond words. It'll be mostly gone by the end of the day but it's a glorious thing for us to see here.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

- Elisabeth Elliot

Old 12-08-2017, 09:32 AM   #52
quietnite
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: quietnite
Stats: 278/255/165
Calling for snow in NJ tomorrow. Today a good DD. But my back is spasming and I'm at school, the kids are looking at me warily like"are we going to have to carry her out of here?"

Nah, all good
quietnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 11:58 AM   #53
Carly

QN- my back has been acting up too.

Nilla- I'm glad someone likes snow... they are calling for some tomorrow. I had heard only an inch or 2, but someone told that they upped it to 4 possibly- blah!

DD today is going fine. Tomorrow is an UD, which is good because we have a holiday dinner that I totally forgot about until Monday night. My rotations seem to work out perfectly with tomorrow's UD and UD falling on the 14th and 18th- the other 2 days with holiday thingies.

I'm still on a mission to find either a dress or blouse for our work holiday party on 12/18. My only rule is it can't be red. I walked around the Manhattan Mall at lunch. I was not impressed. I saw one possibility at Bolton's but they only had the top in an XS and that would have been pushing it. I do not need a skin tight top for a work function.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

Old 12-08-2017, 02:09 PM   #54
Kissa

Yes snow is best on TV.

It's not what you eat between Christmas and New Year that makes you fat, it's what you eat between New Year and Christmas.
Old 12-09-2017, 04:41 AM   #55
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Tis the Season

Day 6

Sending Good Will to those doing a DD this weekend.

Old 12-09-2017, 09:33 AM   #56
Carly

Cindy- I could not agree more about the best place for snow. It’s snowing at a nice clip here, but we are out at the laundromat and then running more errands before the holiday gathering we have this evening. I asked DW twice today if it was April yet...

Old 12-09-2017, 10:17 AM   #57
handbells
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
WOE: it's complicated
Start Date: today!
Good luck today, p0rtia! You can do it!

"Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!" (journal)

"Humankind is simply materialized color operating on the 49th vibration."
handbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 11:12 AM   #58
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by handbells View Post
Good luck today, p0rtia! You can do it!
Thanks, handbells! So nice to be thought of. So far so good. There has been so much going haywire around me yesterday and today that I am actually strengthened in my resolve because I want something to go right!

Today's DD sets up my last few days in the north country really well: Sunday UD (football party), Monday DD (lunch with friends who get it when I do salad), Tuesday UD (trip to the Cape for fancy lunch with cousins), Wednesday DD (with sister also doing DD), Thursday UD (fly to Fla and dinner with friends).

Sticking LC with no max cals is saving my butt on UDs. Another tool in my weight-management toolkit.

Old 12-09-2017, 02:12 PM   #59
Kissa

p0rtia, I love your expression 'in the north country'. There was a truly wonderful play at The Old Vic this year called The Girl From The North Country. It was so powerful and used Bob Dylan songs to move the story forward. A truly amazing piece of live theatre. I am so fortunate to live in London and have a husband who loves live theatre as much as I do.

LC really helps for those of us it suits. I love that I have the option to eat tortilla chips now and again, (tonight). But as a rule I live closer to LC. Sugar is so not my friend.

Old 12-10-2017, 06:22 AM   #60
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Tis the Season!

Day 7