Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 12-13-2017, 02:46 PM   #91
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: p0rtia
Stats: 5'7" 307/170/150-160
WOE: ex-Atkins; low cal/low carb + 4:3 JUDDD
Start Date: May 22, 2015
I fly to Florida tomorrow, a UD. Today's DD is going great guns. My sister made her famous zuccini omelet for lunch.

I've been eating (LC) like a shark on UDs, and yesterday I abandoned LC to have an incredible eggplant, cheese, and avacado sandwich at a funky restaurant in Watertown. But I have hit every single DD out of the park.

It is so weird. I keep expecting to experience the telltale signs of weight gain when I put my clothes on (or bend over ). The expectation is powerful--I've realized that I have a Mt. Fuji-sized pile of bad associations with the month of December / the holiday season. My old friend Habit is telling me that I am in Disaster Mode.

But I'm not. And no matter how much I anticipate and angst over an expected weight gain, it Does Not Happen. My trousers are loose, bending over is a breeze. I feel terrific.

I have a good imagination, but it failed me in being able to imagine that I could do this--thie EOD in the month of December. It is good to learn that I can. I'm pretty sure this will help me the rest of my life.

So I'm feeling grateful for LCF, and for the friends I've made here who teach and support and join in food fellowship.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2017, 04:54 PM   #92
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
My stepdaughter started another one of her awful tirades over the weekend. Every time I think this is behind us and I put my guard down ever so slightly I get bit in the butt. For now, I have blocked her calls and texts, so what I don't know can't hurt me- in theory.
Ugh. This is painful and all the more painful because it is so unnecessary. I feel sorry for her--and for all people who live a life where hurting others (yeah, abuse) is acceptable. And I feel sad for you and DW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post
I opted not to weigh Saturday because of Friday's DD turning into a MD. In fact I think I'm going to skip weighing the rest of the month! I feel like it's Murphy's Law when I mention how well I'm doing with my DDs, then kablooey! Being so tired yesterday and not having felt well, yesterday's DD was a higher WLM DD, but I was okay with it.

I'm doing good with sticking to my goal of not stressing over mess ups, so that's a good thing. I think.
Whoa! Lots of not-scale-weighing going on suddenly. I of course applaud this--who needs to risk being shoved off the tracks? I looooove the idea that a goal can be not stressing, or doing one's best, or just sticking to plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietnite View Post
I was able to stay away from the treats-that might be a first during this season for me and faculty room food craziness!

My mood is calmer with the way I'm eating right now, but I know I'm having lovely repressed stress because on any given day- my shoulder, back or hip will spasm! It has to be anxiety because structural problems can't move around this old body THAT fast
Congrats (belated) on the treat-avoidance! I share your love of achieving a first! Hope the various aches and pains clear up soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthnut View Post

Speaking of plans, I had all sorts of activities planned for today. However, my body had other things in mind, so to speak. I woke up feeling as though I'd been hit by a truck. DH woke up yesterday with some sort of bug, and left for work. I guess I didn't escape the germs even though I washed my hands some twenty times yesterday throughout the day. Today was an UD. Again I'm not sure how many calories I had. I just didn't have the energy to track. 1500 maybe? Probably more. Not good. I'm sure I'll gain a pound or two this week. I just have that feeling . . .

Bet ya don't! Be sure to report back! Hope you're feeling better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
Taking my vitamin D and eating the food that I'd planned. Also trying not to overdo the AG yoga with the low sling that I have at home as I'm enjoying the access so much albeit I'm not able to perform anything that needs height or space.
Pulling for you and the vitamin D. And glad that the earlier fall didn't result in disaster. Whew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppail View Post
Hi everyone! I am doing really well maintaining so far, navigating around all the treats at the office...I am only going to indulge in treats that are WORTH IT! We are having a catered meal next week for all of us with a gift exchange/ugly sweater day on the 22nd Should be fun!! Just wanted to let you all know I'm puttering along
Hi Sloppy! Man, everybody is being bombarded by party bots! Thanks for checking in (following you on the weigh-in thread and see you're doing fine). I trust the catered meal (what's the menu??) will be enjoyable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrinkingWoman View Post
Hi everyone. Ended up having a weekend of three UD's in a row with special events. This time of year it's really hard to keep to true EOD rotations which seems to be the only way I actually go into WLM. Not weighing in till tomorrow after a good DD today. As long as I can pretty much maintain through December and all the holiday events I will be happy. Hoping tomorrows weigh in won't show to much damage.
Yes, yes, yes. Wow -- so many of us are in a similar place, it seems. And another non-scale-weigh. Am I right in thinking it's because an unwanted number is an added stressor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post
Hey all. Nothing big to report, other than navigating around the holiday goodies is a bit murky right now as it seems to be for most of us. What I am liking is not stressing about it if I choose to have anything. I truly wish I could be a paragon of virtue when it comes to continuing to eat low carb throughout the holidays. I do know I'm eating less than I used to because after eating low carb throughout the majority of the year has my innards letting me know when I hath partaken of too much sugar.

Even with a few indulgences here and there, I've been sicking to my December goals pretty good overall.
Yay! Another navigator. Hence, "Tis the Season" LOL We are all becoming expert pilots!

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinisme View Post
Iím doing pretty good. Down about 6 lbs since last week of November. Bounced a little around from my low. Kinda bummed after some hard fought down days But still on it. Had a crazy UUAWD Sunday. Which was supposed to be a DD. Kinda irked at myself for eating a potato this afternoon when I could have waited a bit. Now Iím trying to decide to have another meal or leave it at 250. Definitely need to get some water in me. Hope everyone is chugging along with their goals. NSV: Iím pretty sure my muffin top has shrunk! Lol. My skin tight jeans are now just tight.
Wow, awesome erin! Think long term, think long term, think long term. December is the deadly rapids of the year's river.

Does that make sense?
Old 12-13-2017, 08:07 PM   #93
healthnut
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: healthnut
Stats: 195/167.5/healthy -- 5'2"
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 1998
Yes p0rtia - it does make sense!
So many emotions swirling around December, fraught with anticipation and childlike (-ish?) expectations. Gatherings always revolve around food instead of good conversation. I wonder if I can steer the family gatherings that I host around playing more board games and having good chats rather than the obligatory mega-spread. I've been looking at low carb recipes for some good light appetizers that I can make in large quantities. Veggies for everyone, I say!

healthnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 03:17 AM   #94
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Tis the Season

Day 11

Old 12-14-2017, 05:18 AM   #95
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/103/100-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
I'm dropping with tiredness but otherwise OK - just a little stiff where I'm bruised from the tumble.

Just to say that for all the weighing scale does a number on us it is a proxy for what we want - and has little meaning other than that which we accord to it.

For some reason, prompted by the thoughts of p0rtia mentioning Christmas Carol, it came to mind that something that should be completely absent from one's obituary is "slavish devotion to a metric that had no intrinsic meaning. Aka emotionally vulnerable to weighing scales which she saw as inversely related to her character". How absurd would that sound as part of the summing up and tribute to one's life. Like I said, it was a weird train of thought.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 05:58 AM   #96
ShrinkingWoman
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ShrinkingWoman
Stats: HW 207 197/170/157 H-5'10
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: January 1, 2017
Hi everyone. Just checking in. Portia I think you are right about seeing a bad number is an added stress. Funny how a number can mess with our head so much.

After a couple rotations my weigh in wasn't quite the catastrophe I thought it was going to be. I just feel this time of year I can't let my guard down. I really want to see that 177 number this month but not gaining is a positive so I need to keep that in mind.

Hope everyone is doing good and enjoying the holiday season without too many stresses.
ShrinkingWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 07:03 AM   #97
vanilla_latte
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: IF/LC
Start Date: Which time?
Love all the thoughts on the scale and weighing - or not! There is just something about December, or the whole holiday season in general, that gets me off kilter. Almost like a vacation.

My DD yesterday turned into a higher WLM DD - again. But, I didn't stress.

"One way to begin to see how vastly indulgent we usually are is to fast. One finds out what an astonishing amount of time is spent in the planning, purchasing, preparing, eating, and cleaning up of meals."
- Elisabeth Elliot

vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 10:00 AM   #98
quietnite
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: quietnite
Stats: 278/255/165
WOE: JUDDD
Everyone is really doing an amazing job, enjoying the season but being AWARE of what the season has done in the past and can do if we don't pay attention.

I'm doing okay with my eating, still at my lowest, not dropping so far, but getting comments so I think I might see another drop soon. But most important, I had two completely pain free days this week! I think it's both the improved eating but even more so my focus on what and where my stress/anxiety is coming from. For the first time in 26 years of marraige I actually contracted a cleaning service to come Saturday to do some deep cleaning so I can enjoy my holidays and school break in a clean house instead of killing myself cleaning or guilting myself because I didn't.

I have worked full-time forever, raised two kids, my husband also works long hours as an engineer- we have never had any help. I'm 57. I just decided, I need this to take care of myself and that's it.

I had absolutely no back pain the two days after I made that decision. I think I had been carrying a lot of resentment about it because my husband wasn't okay with having any help at all (we can do it) and I just went along and it made me exhausted and miserable.

Done. If I like how this goes, I'm going to have the service in once a month and see how that effects my life. I feel so much LIGHTER!
quietnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 11:31 AM   #99
Carly
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/130/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post

For some reason, prompted by the thoughts of p0rtia mentioning Christmas Carol, it came to mind that something that should be completely absent from one's obituary is "slavish devotion to a metric that had no intrinsic meaning. Aka emotionally vulnerable to weighing scales which she saw as inversely related to her character". How absurd would that sound as part of the summing up and tribute to one's life. Like I said, it was a weird train of thought.
True, sad, funny...

Must say I'm feeling a bit out of sorts with my rotation schedule getting knocked off track, but it is what it is.

I think I kind of set myself up for though. Instead of aiming for EOD and feeling like a failure when that wasn't really very realistic, to begin with. I should have aimed for 5:2- rocked that and felt awesome when I got to do 4:3.... next year.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 01:49 PM   #100
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Greetings from 36000 ft, where JetBlue now offers free internet. Came here to read your thoughts and wow, is it a treat. The Ghost of Christmas Seasons Past visite us all. Glad you are all there. Knowledge is power.
Old 12-14-2017, 02:57 PM   #101
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

handbells! You are rockin' it! Yaaaaaayyyy!!!
Old 12-14-2017, 03:26 PM   #102
kwerp
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kwerp
Stats: 153/128/124
Today was a weird DD for sure. Ran around like crazy at work; picked up some last xmas gifts during my hectic lunchbreak. I was craving a double cheeseburger from McDonald's (the heart wants, what the heart want....especially for US expat cravings!). I went through the drivethru...got only the cheeseburger and proceeded to park on the campus. Looked at the finished wrapper: 319 cals. Ok.
Got home late after a long day at work on my feet all day sans driving around... our lovely cat has gone and injured himself. Anxiety abounds...spend the evening trying to calm him.
Just now at 11pm...DH: I'm hungry. Me too. DH: what did you eat this evening? Me: two pieces of ham.
Inadvertant DD for the win I guess. My cals are easily under 500 for today.
Four more days until I leave for xmas vacay....
kwerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 04:46 AM   #103
handbells
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
WOE: it's complicated
Start Date: today!
p0rtia- thank you! I don't feel like it, so that was nice to hear!

kwerp- hope your kitty is okay!

"Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!" (journal)

"Humankind is simply materialized color operating on the 49th vibration."
handbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 07:00 AM   #104
vanilla_latte
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: IF/LC
Start Date: Which time?
quietnite, yay for you getting some cleaning help! My mother cleaned our houses (my brother's and sister's, too) for some extra spending money after she retired. When she passed, my dad got some cleaning ladies and we all use them now once a month. My kids are grown, but it's worth every penny so we don't have to spend Saturday's cleaning.

Even though my DDs haven't been perfect this week, I've noticed my UDs have been lower than usual. I just haven't been that hungry. I'm beginning to think the holidays just bring about an emotional eating type thing, ya know?

I'm going to change my siggy to reflect the fact that apparently I'm just focusing on not stressing however or whatever my schedule turns into.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

"One way to begin to see how vastly indulgent we usually are is to fast. One finds out what an astonishing amount of time is spent in the planning, purchasing, preparing, eating, and cleaning up of meals."
- Elisabeth Elliot

vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 09:27 AM   #105
Kissa

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/120/120 5'3" Age 70
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2002 Atkins 2011 JUDDD 2016 BSD/JUDDD
Seems so many are benefiting from this great thread. Thank you p0rtia, internet in the sky, wow.

I think letting go of the stress/guilt is so beneficial. We are all doing our best and this season it the toughest. Baby steps, all the way and applaud the successes while forgiving the indulgences.

Carly I am glad you were safe after the bomb scare, but mortified the your DIL has yet again turned nasty. Sending hugs.

Kwerp, so sorry about your cat, upsetting just before your vacation. We collected ours from the cattery today (we have been away for 5 days) and she is very pleased to see us. She is an old lady now.

I haven't had a DD since last Friday, and it is always tough to do one after too much fun and carbs! But I'm doing okay thanks to lots of tea, coffee and water.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Hunger is not an emergency.

It's not what you eat between Christmas and New Year that makes you fat, it's what you eat between New Year and Christmas.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 09:41 AM   #106
kwerp
Major LCF Poster!

Hi ya'll... My silly cat is just fine. He was walking around kinda slow this morning, but he's eating his food and running up and down the stairs today. I'm guessing he just has a bruise or something. DH thinks he was being dramatic because he saw the suitcase out. Either way, I've elected to wait until the cat has gone to the cattery before packing my suitcase. I don't want to further upset him.
Old 12-15-2017, 10:14 AM   #107
Carly

Our cats get upset when they see the suitcases too. The 2 males more so than the female (she will be 20 in February and isn't bothered by much except when she is hungry). We have sitters (who are sisters) come to the house when we go away. One of the sitters stopped by the other night to pick up the key because she left it by accident the last day she watched them and poor Scooter Pie- he panicked when she walked in and ran away, but then he came out and was super friendly. Both of the males constantly jump into the suitcases while we are trying to pack them.

My friend had to cancel for tonight, so DD it is. Then UD tomorrow which will involve potato latkes, DD Sunday and then on track for Monday UD work Holiday Party. I bought 3 dresses on sale last weekend, but need to try them on this weekend to decide which I'll wear on Monday and if either of the others are being returned. All 3 were on clearance for $20 at Marshall's so they just might be worth keeping.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

Old 12-15-2017, 01:19 PM   #108
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Tis the Season

Day 12

Random Tennis Ball Edition
Old 12-15-2017, 03:28 PM   #109
Carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0rtia View Post
Tis the Season

Day 12

Random Tennis Ball Edition
In preparation for tennis season- no doubt.

Old 12-15-2017, 05:10 PM   #110
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
In preparation for tennis season- no doubt.

Old 12-16-2017, 05:22 AM   #111
handbells
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Enjoy your latkes, Carly! And what a great deal on the dresses!

kwerp-glad your cat is okay!

Old 12-16-2017, 06:42 AM   #112
ShrinkingWoman
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ShrinkingWoman
Stats: HW 207 197/170/157 H-5'10
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: January 1, 2017
Hi everyone. Glad to read everyone's updates. Looks like we are all doing a good job facing the holiday season head on. This thread has really helped. So happy to see a lower number today. Didn't think it was possible to maintain this time of year, let alone lose! Hope everyone has a great weekend.
ShrinkingWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 08:24 AM   #113
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Tis the Season

Day 13

Maximum Foodage Week Begins!
Old 12-16-2017, 12:45 PM   #114
healthnut
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: healthnut
Stats: 195/167.5/healthy -- 5'2"
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 1998
Hello again JUDDD buds.
This past week was a challenge. Came down with some sort of virus Monday which was a successful DD (330 cals). Beginning on Tuesday, however (until today) I just didn't have it in me to keep the EOD. So I did 4 days of MD while nursing myself back to health. I was really nervous about the effect on my weight but decided that I wasn't going to 'beat myself up about it.' So I weighed myself today -- gained 1 lb from the lowest in recent weeks. Not bad. Today is a DD and feel energized and ready to resume the plan.

Carly - very cool modification of your avitar!

quietnite- what a great idea, having your house cleaned! DH and I have had 3 decades of full time work and we never had a cleaning service. Thinking back, having one would have helped A LOT! Now that I'm retired (I'm 58) and he's still working, kids in college, I find it hard to justify. But what a treat it would be!
I'm planning a holiday gathering for friends and family on the 29th so I may just treat myself!

Now that the stupid virus is virtually gone, I feel so motivated! I'm even making time for weight lifting later today. My UDs have been uncontrolled, so I'm going to focus on them and not overdo. I usually start counting calories on UDs and by 4pm, I stop counting and the overeating begins. I find it truly remarkable that I haven't gained. There is something about the rotation, for me at least, that protects me from an upswing. Thankfully, I'm faithful about making DDs work.

Well, we're in the home stretch - 2 weeks to go until 2018. Thanks to all of you for making this a better December.

healthnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 08:10 AM   #115
sloppail
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sloppail
Stats: 162/128
WOE: JUDDD LC Maintainance
Quote:
Originally Posted by p0rtia View Post
Hi Sloppy! Man, everybody is being bombarded by party bots! Thanks for checking in (following you on the weigh-in thread and see you're doing fine). I trust the catered meal (what's the menu??) will be enjoyable.

I'm not sure what the menu will be, but everyone is used to my WOE at work now, so I can be choosy about what I eat And if there are treats, I will definitely be really choosy!! It has to really be worth it to have something sweet!! Yup, the weigh ins are going well...I am maintaining steadily along

If it's going to be, it's up to me!
sloppail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 12:47 AM   #116
kwerp
Major LCF Poster!

Well, I made it to my goal of 126-127 this month. I'm very nervous about leaving for my vacation tomorrow. I know being back in the USA is going to have me eating things just because I miss them/ can't get them in the UK. I guess if I come back at 133ish it will be a victory.
Either way, I'm going to enjoy the season with my family and friends. And I can always work my way back down again. I hope 2018 is the year I finally get to goal and stay there. Take care everyone and Happy Holidays!!
Old 12-18-2017, 04:27 AM   #117
handbells
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WTG, kwerp! Have a wonderful holiday!

Old 12-18-2017, 05:56 AM   #118
sloppail
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sloppail
Stats: 162/128
WOE: JUDDD LC Maintainance
Enjoy your holiday Kwerp!! Congrats on making your goal....JUDDD will be here when you get back

If it's going to be, it's up to me!
sloppail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 07:05 AM   #119
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/103/100-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
I'm managing to stay the course I'm considering a couple of fitness and flexibility goals that will help me with my usual activities and also be enjoyable. It's tricky to pick ones that are feasible and that I have a realistic chance of performing with good form from the outset.

E.g., like a lot of people, I can sit on the floor with my legs straight in front of me and touch my toes if I round my back (not good form). It would be better to shove my ego aside and cultivate a fold forward from the hips (no waist initiation or compensation) and control that to the point where my back is in the correct position and then work that until I can fold forward with good form. The obvious progression from this is the pancake fold - folding forward in a straddle position with good form. This an indication of what I mean tho' not necessarily what I aspire to do.
See: Youtube GMB
Stretching for Super-Stiff People - How to Get into Position

I would like to work on some animal crawls. Apart from the crawls themselves, my challenge at the moment is ludicrously prosaic. I don't have enough floor space at home to crawl - and the only room where I could clear the space to give me a longer run has a very cold, hard floor. For these animal crawls, it's best to have somewhere with a smooth, somewhat slippy surface - and I certainly don't want to bang up my hips, shoulders or anything else by performing these crawls on a cold, hard floor. For an approximation, here is an implausibly fit and competent young man demonstrating them (I must look to see if there are decent videos from women).
See: YouTube Vahva Fitness
8 Different Crawling Exercises

For basic crawls that keep your trunk off the floor (by and large), I'd like to mention
YouTube Redefining Strength
Crawling Exercises - 21 Different Crawling Variations
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 08:01 AM   #120
p0rtia
Major LCF Poster!

Tis the Season

Day 15